Players for sale but not really for sale...

How many big teams in real life pout ALL their players on sale at one time - none - but in SM have witnessed managers with teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern - having all their players up for sale but then never selling any or even considering offers - this should somehow be stopped...

Re: Players for sale but not really for sale...

there is another section to suggest it to sm developers if you post here it is more for the opinion of other players. im just saying in my opinion if we start changing little things like this due to wanting to create realism where do we draw the line? eg. messi would never move to cardiff and hundreds of other scenarios. and fyi if you post on the forum your open to peoples opinions and criticisms

leaving the realism and (er..) passion of the thread-maker aside, there is an issue worthy of consideration here.

Player A is transfer listed at £Xm (a suitable markup on his value) yet the manager has no intention of selling Player A anywhere near £X (infact not even at 4x £X).

therefore it becomes a struggle for smaller teams to plan their team building as the transfer listed values of players bear no relation to what the selling manager is willing to accept.

thus, why is the player listed with such an inapropriate value (in the sellers opinion)? the result of which is a transfer list that is false and lacking integritty.

imho, if you want to sell a player then you add them to the transfer list at a suitable price. when that price is matched, or bettered, then the 'system' takes over and automatically transfers the player.

the result of this is that the Transfer Market has integritty and accuracy (there is simply no need to transfer list players whom will not be sold, or at inaccurate values.)

I would just like to mention that no layperson or member of the general population has ever seen the "transfer list". Consider Brendan Rogers taking over at Liverpool: is anyone there especially important to him? No, because no one has done anything for him. So, in a way, the moment a new manager takes over, everyone becomes available; that might suggest that the most realistic thing one could do is place every player on the transfer list, just to (as simon said) see what is offered.

In RL, no player is ever unavailable. Consider that, Peevee, the next time you make Pique, Ozil, or whomever unavailable just because you don't want to field any more lowball bids. Also, quit being a turd. If the fact that your opinions don't instantly become universal truth bothers you to the point that you need to tell others to go away because they don't tell you how clever you are, then perhaps opinion and discussion forums are not for you.

[note: the reaction of the thread-maker was rather unfortunate, yet i believe an important issue was raised and one should refrain from lowering themselves to name-calling too.]

the 'Transfer List' is a required feature of games such as these. whilst i agree that every manager has their 'price' when it comes to players and would welcome offers, i am of the belief that adding them to the Transfer List indicates a wish to sell (thus should be listed at a minimum value the manager will at least entertain.) if the purpose is simply to garner offers (rather than the possible intention to sell) then this could/should be done via direct contact.

otherwise all players should be listed on the Transfer List regardless or the feature be removed. both, imo, are unacceptable and, thus, the feature should have some bearing upon the game and offer purpose.

I would just like to mention that no layperson or member of the general population has ever seen the "transfer list". Consider Brendan Rogers taking over at Liverpool: is anyone there especially important to him? No' date=' because no one has done anything for him. So, in a way, the moment a new manager takes over, everyone becomes available; that might suggest that the most realistic thing one could do is place every player on the transfer list, just to (as simon said) see what is offered.

In RL, no player is ever unavailable. Consider that, Peevee, the next time you make Pique, Ozil, or whomever unavailable just because you don't want to field any more lowball bids. [b']Also, quit being a turd. If the fact that your opinions don't instantly become universal truth bothers you to the point that you need to tell others to go away because they don't tell you how clever you are, then perhaps opinion and discussion forums are not for you.[/b]

haha...perfect response to a T.

peevee. define forum. A place where ideas and views can be exchanged...

How many big teams in real life pout ALL their players on sale at one time - none - but in SM have witnessed managers with teams such as Barcelona' date=' Real Madrid, Bayern - having all their players up for sale but then never selling any or even considering offers - this should somehow be stopped...[/quote']

i think its good idea and needs attention

How many big teams in real life pout ALL their players on sale at one time - none - but in SM have witnessed managers with teams such as Barcelona' date=' Real Madrid, Bayern - having all their players up for sale but then never selling any or even considering offers - this should somehow be stopped...[/quote']

To be honest I don't see any reason to complain. Yes, some managers might be doing this and yes you might think this is annoying, so what? If you take this possibility away you're might be annoying the managers who want to put up all their players for sale. One way or another, SM can't please all their managers on all issues, there's things this guy likes and the other guy doesn't, that's life mate, deal with it.

No offense towards you, I just think this is just a personal issue, not something that's really wrong with the game.

And like said earlier in this thread, SM doesn't aim to be 100% realistic as far as I know and even if they do, there's more important things to fix first before thinking about this. (And actually, that its not happening in real life doesn't mean its not possible in real life ;)).

My two cents is that I agree its a bit annoying. I like more realism and it seems a bit foreign to me to transfer list so many players.

In saying that, I don't really see the harm it does, besides the integrity of the transfer list declining. I personally hardly ever look at a transfer list, not for this reason, but that half the players on there are WAY overpriced. The way I build up my team is usually buying from unmanaged or external clubs, so I guess the issue is a bit of a non issue for me.