I beleive it would be interesting if on your own shortlist you can maybe have a little section to add your own notes on the player such as if they a riser then note when to buy. This would mean people wouldn't have to remember when to buy these players and all that. But to keep it competitive and people don't know what you have wrote you should have it privately visible to you and you only.

Re: New shortlist idea

The idea of adding notes has already been covered in here somewhere.

It is something alot would like to see, ut I don't know how hard it would be to implement.

There was a notepad at one point but that has been removed I think.

You could do what I and a few others do and open up a word document and stick any good info in there ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Note would take up to much memory on SMs database. Imagine every manager in every GW having notes on every player!

However, they could cope with universal tick boxes and/or separate short lists.

Perhaps short lists could have the search function on like the advanced player search so you could filter out transfer banned, or players over 30, or players under 89 rating... just with in your short-list. This wouldn't take too much programming and no extra memory space.

Note would take up to much memory on SMs database. Imagine every manager in every GW having notes on every player!

However' date=' they could cope with universal tick boxes and/or separate short lists.

Perhaps short lists could have the search function on like the advanced player search so you could filter out transfer banned, or players over 30, or players under 89 rating... just with in your short-list. This wouldn't take too much programming and no extra memory space.[/quote']

i'm not so convinced that a player notepad would require massive storage and i doubt just how many managers would use this system to the degree that it causes memory problems.

although, to combat this, perhaps the following could be implementated:

1) if the purpose of the notes is specifically to be used for potential signings then the notes feature could only be utilised for players whom are on your Shortlist.

2) notes are cleared regularly on inactive accounts.

3) perhaps this feature could be made available only for gold members. (which, btw, i am not.)

of course it's appreciated that external notes can be made, but the thread poster does make a valid suggestion.

additionally, it would be helpful (if not acheived via said notepad feature) for the ability to prioritise the Shortlist and to quickly ascertain whether the player is currently unavailable due to squad size, lack of replacements (last two GK's for example) or if a player is still under a transfer curfew due to recent managerial change.

of course it's appreciated that external notes can be made' date=' but the thread poster does make a valid suggestion.

additionally, it would be helpful (if not acheived via said notepad feature) for the ability to prioritise the Shortlist and to quickly ascertain whether the player is currently unavailable due to squad size, lack of replacements (last two GK's for example) or if a player is still under a transfer curfew due to recent managerial change.[/quote']

would also be good if can sort by external, unmanaged and managed too...

I think Daggers suggestion of sorting the short list is the best way. Filters and sorting is something SM can handle very easily. The only caveat is that sometimes it will only sort page-by-page and not the entire short list.

It's the availability we need to know more than anything. It takes time to make an offer and then discover that the player is unavailable d/t reasons other than transfer banned, ie one of last 2 goalkeepers, 21 players left, unmanaged within 7 days, already have another pending transfer deal with that club.

May be names on the short-list for currently unavailable players could be in RED rather than blue?

I think Daggers suggestion of sorting the short list is the best way. Filters and sorting is something SM can handle very easily. The only caveat is that sometimes it will only sort page-by-page and not the entire short list.

It's the availability we need to know more than anything. It takes time to make an offer and then discover that the player is unavailable d/t reasons other than transfer banned' date=' ie one of last 2 goalkeepers, 21 players left, [b']unmanaged within 7 days[/b], already have another pending transfer deal with that club.

May be names on the short-list for currently unavailable players could be in RED rather than blue?

Right on, choppers, I wanted to buy a player from Liverpool, so I sold Thomas Muller for 31m, only to find that I submitted the offer, I could not buy said player as the manager had only left less than 7 days ago! Worst thing is someone took over the club so now I am a class player short :mad: