A look behind the scenes at Gerland !

Lyon.png

-Announcing the new captain-

-New Faces-

-Managerial aims for the season-

-Announcing the new captain-

Alexandre-Lacazette-100801-SittingDown-BPP300.jpg

-Newly announced Captain of Olympique Lyonnais, Alexandre Lacazette-

-Yes, you've read it correctly ! 21 year old fwd/winger Alexandre Lacazette has been announced as the team captain of Olympique Lyonnais for the upcoming 2012 season !

Manager Chris Bishop had the following to say about the freshly appointed captain :

I've followed Alex closely for quite some time now, and one thing that he's showed is swimmingpools of potential, and his raw talent is simply amazing ! And another thing that he's shown is his leadership capabilities ! He is the voice of wisdom in the dressing room, despite the fact he's only 21 he's taken on a strong positiong within the club and even the older players listen to what he says inbetween halfs.

He's a vital part of this team and his minutes this season will show just that !

In response to the transfer rumours that've revolved around Lacazette had the following to say :

It's true that ALOT of clubs have been pulling on Alex this pre-season ... and I've done all my very best to keep him and so far I've succeded, the most interesting offer Chelsea had, money+Lacazette would result in Lyon getting Ghananian star midfielder Michael Essien.

However tempting such a move is, Alex is far too big a talent to let go off ! As the french expert that I am, I've predicted an 89 rating at the end of next season and up up up he'll go from thereon forward !

-New Faces-

newplayerslyon.png

6 new players in at Olympique Lyonnais ... since the UEFA (SMFA) decided to stick their abnormally large nose in Lyon's business that resulted in the reversal of Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry in exchange for Maxime Gonalons, OL decided to focus on buying french youth to prepare for the future ! Adding 6 fresh players to their already swelling youth ranks, here's manager Chris Bishop's view on his new signings :

5 wee minor signings, Sidibe is a starter for newly promoted ES Troyes (means a rise) and Buaillon is a personal favourite of mine ... the 6th and final signing however, is an excceptionally talented young player !

Wahbi Khazri !

One of the biggest talents in France that'll take over from Gourcuff in a few years in this OL team, I have ALOT of faith in this player and that he'll develop into being a key part of this team.

-Managerial aims for the season-

Sitting down to talk with manager Bishop, the obvious first question that springs to mind is ... What's your aim for this season ?

Well, the leauge is quite important, obviously !

And while we've not really done major signings yet this season I'm sure we'll have a nice run and end up top 4 ! Atleast that's our aim !

We're in 2 domestic cups aswell as the SMFA shield, the shield group is composed of the following teams :

Lyon

Montpellier

Crvena Zvezda

Rangers

Thus, I'm fairly confident that we'll progress through the group stage ! And that's really what I aim for in the SMFA shield, to survive the group stage ! Everything other then that is a bonus !

As for the domestic cups ... my hopes are to reach the final in atleast one of these cups, but a Quarter-Final is our goal for both domestic cups.

To round this up ... I should've been done an hour ago

:P but too much going on in my RL :P took far too long xD

I hope you all enjoy this ! :P

Re: .:The Official Thread Of GC 175:.

Another thing that bugs me with this is that my main rival (Real Madrid) hasn't had ANY deals reversed, so I'm playing catch up in that respect :o

Not going to let this little episode detract the fact I got BARCELONA in this game world!

Tomorrow night we face Getafe at the Nou Camp. A game in which we will obviously be injury and suspension free, so favourites for the 3 points.

Opening fixture tomorrow for my lads is an away fixture against bristol city, then a cup game monday night against dartford, main thing i'm pleased about this team is it's strength in depth(well for a div 2 side anyway's)just hope i don't get struck with the underperforming stick:D

wolverhamptonwandererste.png

Leverkusen 2-3 PSG

Kadlec x2..........Lavezzi, Menez, Pastore

Came from 2-0 down after conceeding a goal in 10th and 11th minute, for it to be taken away by a Pastore freekick. Im pretty sure my team will be the same that played in this game for the Season opener tomorrow.

asdadi.png

Probable starting 11.

tonight's friendly result, main thing i'm pleased about this scoreline is from the seven goals scored i had six different scorer's

Dan James steered Wolverhampton Wanderers to victory against Cheltenham Town.

Wolverhampton Wanderers outclassed Cheltenham Town and thrashed them 7 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

Santin scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Hysen and Jarvis were also amongst the goalscorers.

Receiving some terrible offers from Bayern for Busquets. :o

And even lost to a side I've never heard of in a friendly :o

*sighs*

Yeh Bayern seem to over value some players.. well all players. Not surprised the only players he's bought are young from externals. and only 1 transfer out.

Yeh Bayern seem to over value some players.. well all players. Not surprised the only players he's bought are young from externals. and only 1 transfer out.

Yeah I got offered Kroos + Gustavo for Busquets at first. Now I don't like Busquets, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get good value in a deal.

At the start he offered me Ribery + Pizzaro + cash for Messi :rolleyes:

Surprised the chairman even allowed an offer like that.

Ribery's exchange is fairly high, and he offered a fair bit of cash so that helped it up.

Would do a little reprot about what I'm looking for, for each player, but I still feel as though I've been kicked in the balls by this whole thing.

And even more gutted as Real Madrid have been untouched by this saga, and there squad is looking very good :o

Put in a bid for Lampard. simply because i want a higher rated player in team and want rid of Sam. will see what happens. if no not really that fussed. Sam doesnt start. If dont get Lamps will sell him for Depth.

th?id=I4977829046125787&pid=1.1

Blackpool ready for the new season!

TRANSFERS IN -

LANDON DONOVAN, 30, 88, WING/FWD - LA GALAXY

TOMAS ROSICKY 31, 88, AM/WING -ARSENAL

NIKLAS HULT 22, 84, LM/LB - ELFSBORG

SIMON THERN 19, 82, CM/LM - MALMO

MOHAMED ABOUTRIKA 33, 88, AM/WING - AL AHLY

SANTIAGO SILVA 21, 75, WING/FWD - PENAROL

DARWIN THOMAS 21, 75, LB/LM - NACIONAL

RAMON ARIAS 19, 76, CB/RB - DEFENSOR SPORTING

SERGIO OLIVEIRA 20,78, DM/CM - PORTO

NOUHA DICKO 20, 77, CF - WIGAN

A decent balance between older, higher rated players and youngsters due a rise. The three lads from Uruguay in particular should get decent rises.

OLIVEIRA has played for Portugal at every level from under 17 to under 20, he is still the youngest player to play for the PORTO 1st team and is currently playing for PENAFIEL in the Portuguese 2nd tier - on loan or as a joint ownership thing, it's hard to tell. He and DICKO both came in for less than what my chairman values them - instant profit! DICKO was on loan at Blackpool last season and did ok - nice to bring him in so cheap.

The two lads from Sweden have already had decent rises so now I'm hoping they can get a move. There was decent interest in THERN - notably from real Madrid - and if nothing else I should get good money for him later. NIKLAS HULT I really fancy to get a move to a bigger club and become a regular for the Swedish senior side. Again, I'm not expecting him to turn into the next Messi! Just to make me a decent profit.

Also have a bid lodged for an 86 rated keeper.

Regards division 2 this season - I think I'm in with a shout. The three relegated sides obviously look strong, and Wolves have certainly done the most deals - they have two squads better than most teams first! But unlike him I don't give a **** about the cups - it's all about the league - so hopefully my relative lack of depth won't harm too much...I reckon it could be close and the likes of Hull City and Forest could be dark horses...who knows??

just can't wait now!!!

Pro Vercelli

announced 21 players for the season

GK- Sandomierski

RB- Pucino

RB- Bencivenga

LB- De Jonghe

CB- Roderick

CB- Milanovic

CB- Masi

RM- Struna

LM- Ferracutti

DM- Fuentes

CM- Jorginho

CM- Simao

CM- Ajdarevic

CM- Kurtic

AM- Vecchio

AM- Fidel

Fwd- Kanu

Fwd- De Sutter

Fwd- Juan Antonio

Fwd- Herrera

Fwd- Prono

Il Capitano

56281_1341651709.jpg

Alberto Masi

150px-Bayer_04_Leverkusen_logo.svg.png

Bayer Complete Squad with Lampard Signing

frank-lampard-01.jpg

Lampard has arrived in Leverkusen to undergo a medical. The deal is expected to be completed in time for him to take part in tonight's season opener vs Dortmund. Glad i got a higher rated player to add to the squad, even though he is 34, i have young players to balance out. Sam will be going the other way which im happy about as not a fan of him. Only deals i may do now are for some young risers.

Sochaux-Montbeliard.png

FC Sochaux-Montbéliard News

arena-nationala-bucharest-football.jpg

Pre-Season With Sochaux and all things Sochaux

After an amazing run during their pre-season Sochaux are hoping to have a decent start to the season, they have brought in a number of players The lastest two where Balde Ibrahima from Osasuna and Franseco Balzoni from Serie A , other transfer have included Goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 25 has completed his £10Million move from Premier League side Stoke City to the French Ligue 1 side FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, the deal was agreed a number of days ago, and yesterday Sochaux were able to discuss personal terms, and today he completed his £10Million switch to the French side. the 25 year old whom is a consistent figure in the Bosnian national side. Justice looked to find further talented player, which would help blooster the squad and also improve it and help Sochaux to stay within Ligue 1 come the end of the current season. They have brought in Cameroon International Centre back Joel Matip from German Giants FC Schalke, the 20 year old, will play a pivotal role during this season, he completed a part exchange switch involving Corchia whom was looking for a move away after stating he didnt wish to work under new boss Justice. Following this transfer and others, numerous other deals such as Ryan Shotton completing his £9million move from English Premier League side Stoke City. Also a deal was struck with Everton which saw Maiga depart whilst Victor Anichebe and Magaye Gueye join Sochaux. Whilst also Portuguese defender Emidio Rafaeljoins in a small sum cash deal in order to provide cover at the back for the French side. Finally, undoubtedly the best signing made by Sochaux is Winger Jefferson Farfan the Peruvian winger joined in a deal which saw Boubedouz leave whom also said he does not like new management techniques portrayed by Justice and that's why he wished to leave. All in all great success in terms of signings. With the success of off field transfer in easily transferred into good pre-season friendly results. The new crop of players that need alot more work on to improve, such as better midfield options, also this hour we believe that Perquis is to under go a medical with Dutch side PSV Eindhoven, the Polish defender has been looking to leave for some time now, the polish international defender is not happy in france and wanted a new career path and that has today been comfirmed and he has now joined up with PSV Eindhoven . Another of Justice's transfers is Franco Di Santo, the young Argentine striker joined for a fairly cheap part exchange of two lower rated unneeded players. Di Santo helps provide competition for Anichee, Pukki and Justice hopes this will help to push his strikers more and therefore meaning more goals will be hopefully scored. Also Justice was able to bring in Unnistall, a young German Goalkeeper on-loan as back up for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, as Cros is currently on loan at Nottingham Forest, whom didn't want to settle for No.2 and that's the reasoning behind his loan move. Joining Cros as Forest is young forward Magaye Gueye on loan, whilst findley is out on loan at league 1 outfit Leyton Orient. Boilessen has also joined the french club Sochaux on a year long loan deal, the young defender provides Sochaux with much needed back up players.Also early this morning Roma Winger Leanardro Greco completed his move to Sochaux. Another surprise move saw Swindon Town goalkeeper Wesley Foderingham join up with French Side Sochaux.

The Results of pre season are as follows:

Sochaux 4-1 Hibernian

AD Alocoron 0-1 Sochaux

FK Partizan 1-1 Sochaux

Sochaux 1-0 Athletico CP

Sochaux 1-3 Odd Greenland

Sochaux 5-0 Bury

Dag and Red 2-3 Sochaux

Dussledorf 1-3 Sochaux

Sochaux 3-2 Tarivya

I'm more than pleased with how our pre-season has gone, we faced some easy games and some not so easy games, I also was able to try out some new tactics and experiment and see what player best fits what position and who deserves a first team spot or chance when we face Troyes on the first game of the season. This is the team that will be starting against Troyes along with the substitutes...

The Team:

Starting XI

------Begovic(87)©------

--Uchida(88)--Matip(88)--Manolev(87)--

---------Balzoni(85)---------

--Farfan(91)--Noguiera(86)--Greco(86)--Ibrahima(85)--

------Pukki(85)----------Anichebe(86)------

|SUBS:|Unnerstall(83)|Rafael(83)|Shotton(86)|Boillessen(82)|McGugan(84)| Davies(86)|Di Santo(85)|

Star Man: Jeferson Farfan(91)

3205_1336009998.jpg

Farfán began his professional career with Alianza Lima of Peru, with whom he signed in 2001. Although he made some appearances at first-team in 2001, Farfán only began to break through in 2002, becoming an impact player and helping Alianza win the Peruvian championship in 2003.In his final season with the club in 2004, Farfán scored 14 goals, helping the club to another Peruvian championship. Following that season he was purchased by Dutch club PSV Eindhoven after being scouted by Guus Hiddink, for a reported 2 million Euro transfer fee.

On 5 June 2008, it was reported that PSV had reached an agreement with German side Schalke 04 over the transfer of Farfán for around €10 million. On 10 June 2008, Schalke 04 officially confirmed the transfer of Farfán on a four-year deal. Then after his long term spell with FC Schalke he decided to move on and when Justice heard of his availability he knew he wanted to bring him to Sochaux and that he did, and he signed with the French side on a long term deal earning himself just under £50,000 a week! he is the highest paid player at Sochaux and that may well put him under unwanted pressure, but Justice believes him to be the clubs new talisman.

Sorry lads, I'm going to cut the Clermont dream short.

I've always said I'm only ever going to manage 6 teams at any one given time, and the opportunity has risen to join Juventus in 163. Needless to say I took it, at least I'm still with you in there Elohim. Even if it's not Montpeiller! :mad:

549.png

Barcelona's Cristiano Ronaldo Saga.

Quoted a price of Andres Iniesta & Cesc Fabregas on Day 1

Friday 13th of July : Barcelona have made an offer to Real Madrid to swap Alexis Sanchez and Sergio Busquets for Cristiano Ronaldo

This offer was then countered for Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez, to which I made a new offer of Dani Alves + Alexis Sanchez.

Real Madrid then reject this offer stating that the players offered aren't good enough.

Therefore Cristiano Ronaldo will not be coming to the Nou Camp,

The Madrid manager seems an alryte guy, don't like his estimations for players, but it does help fuel the El Clasico rivalry a bit!