.:The Official Thread Of GC 175:.

Re: .:The Official Thread Of GC 175:.

ManCity manager here' date=' had a good start to the season with a 2-0 away win over Newcastle, now looking to get deals done for Nasri and De Jong.[/quote']

Good to see you arrived here mate

;) Welcome to the magnificent SM forums ! (watch out for Trolls )

internet-memes-flying-dirty.jpg

Cheers for the welcomes' date=' doubt I will be posting too much but was worth joining after I noticed this thread.[/quote']

yeah i started off like that didn't even know the game had a forum, stumbled across it as i joined a forum filled world champ by chance then had a look around and well yeah kinda just found it makes the game in general much better

BORUSSIADORTMUND

Following an intensely active transfer window in which the manager had

declared Dortmund's intent to move youth for experience in order to win

trophies now, the club's starting 11 has finally been settled.

GK - Petr Cech

petr-cech_633568111259843750.jpg

In from Chelsea for Piszcek,cash, and a season long loan of Roman

Weidenfeller.

While Dortmund had initially hoped to bring in Lyon stopper Hugo Lloris,

they remain delighted with the capture of a keeper with the track

record of success that Cech boasts.

RB - Sergio Ramos

250px-Sergio_Ramos_Euro_2012_vs_France_01.jpg

In from Madrid for Hummels and Gundogan.

While the price was certainly high, Sergio Ramos is an elite performer

that regularly plays at the highest levels of club and country, and will

continue to do so for the foreseeable future, and brings a new level of

class to the Dortmund side.

CB - Laurent Koscielny

Arsenal-Laurent-Koscielny.jpg

In from Arsenal along with Carlos Vela, in exchange for Sven Bender.

While this deal was done primarily for depth, Koscielny has been

steadily improving as a defender at Arsenal, and looks to be a future

fixture in the France starting eleven.

CB - Joleon Lescott

260px-Joleon_Lescott_20120611.jpg

In for Kevin Grosskreutz.

A solid defender who has been consistency improving in quality and minutes over the past few years, his ability to cover at LB makes him a valuable asset to the depth-strapped Dortmund side.

LB - Ashley Cole

ACole.JPG

In for Schmelzer and Bittencourt.

While Ashley Cole isn't getting any younger, he remains the most

relevant of the Chelsea geezer crew. He is unlikely to lose his place for

club and country in the coming year, and this combined with the

notorious dearth of quality left fullbacks makes this a bit of a steal for

Dortmund.

DM - Daniele De Rossi

de-rossi-uefa.jpg

In from Roma for Mario Gotze.

Giving up one of the world's top youths is never easy to do, but

realistically, it would be a job well done for Gotze should he ever reach the level

of De Rossi. Dortmund have named De Rossi captain of the

squad, and will look to him to provide the leadership, versatility, and

energy that he's known for as they quest for European glory.

DM - Sebastien Kehl

250px-Sebastian_Kehl.jpg

While on paper he seems the obvious weakest link in the new-look Dortmund side, Kehl is a relatively youthful 32 that plays a style that could easily be at least maintained for a few more years. Still, he's among the more likely candidates to be binned off alongside Weidenfeller at season's end.

RM/Wing - Ramires

ramires7.jpg

In from Chelsea for Lewandowski and Perisic.

The Brazilian midfielder was among the few Chelsea players that were consistently good last season, and showed several flashes sheer inspiration and brilliance that hinted at the possibility of his becoming a true elite. With his international career expected to take off over the coming years, Dortmund are thrilled to have been able to capture him in exchange for the somewhat over-rated Lewandowski.

LM/Wing - Carlos Vela

carlo%20vela.jpeg

In from Arsenal with Koscielny for Bender.

Originally intended to provide cover on the wings for Dortmund, due to some last minute transfer reversals and desperation moves, he now finds him in the starting eleven. While his natural talent is plain to see, he has to be considered more likely to revert to a support role in the future, rather than remain as a long-term starter for the Dortmund side.

CM/AM - Yaya Toure

Yaya-Toure.ashx

In from City for Subotic and Leitner.

A bit of a late bloomer as footballer's go, Toure certainly seems to be saving the best for last. Last season, the 29 year old's play made a serious argument for his being the best all-around central midfielder in the world, and he will be afforded every opportunity to build on that in the coming year. Dortmund plan to play him in a somewhat advanced role behind the striker, where they hope that opportunistic vision he displayed for City will be on display once again.

CF - Falcao

radamel-falcao-atletico-madrid-racing-santander.jpg

In for Reus and Kuba.

If pure talent was the only factor in determining a player's quality, Falcao would be near the top. While he did not come cheap, the sky is truly the limit for the Colombian international striker. Dortmund plan to play him as a lone target man up front, and fully expect him to give the opposition defenders many sleepless nights before gameday.

In conclusion, the Dortmund manager is nothing short of thrilled with the squad he's put together. While he's shipped out a wealth in future stars, he is of the opinion that the majority current stars he's replaced them with still have plenty of opportunity for further growth. Time, however, will be the judge, as will the trophy count over the next 3-4 seasons.

Borussia Dortmund Bundesliga Matchday #1.

Borussia Dortmund slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Bayer Leverkusen in their Division 1 fixture.

Koch was on the scoresheet for his side.

With a fixture against a powerful AC Milan side two days later, and the starting eleven not yet having all arrived in Dortmund, the manager decided to bite the bullet and start the entire B-team in the season's opener.

In truth, the final scoreline is very flattering to the losers, and they were completely outmatched by the full-strength Leverkusen side. Astoundingly, they almost salvaged a draw but for Julian Koch's appalling skying of a penalty in the early stages.

Anyhow, on to Europe!

Borussia Dortmund Bundesliga Matchday #1.

With a fixture against a powerful AC Milan side two days later' date=' and the starting eleven not yet having all arrived in Dortmund, the manager decided to bite the bullet and start the entire B-team in the season's opener.

In truth, the final scoreline is very flattering to the losers, and they were completely outmatched by the full-strength Leverkusen side. Astoundingly, they almost salvaged a draw but for Julian Koch's appalling skying of a penalty in the early stages.

Anyhow, on to Europe![/quote']

:D Im sure the result would have been the same if you played 1st 11:p

549.png

Busquets to Depart The Nou Camp.....Again

The offer for Sergio BUSQUETS of Barcelona from Manchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Busquets is off to Manchester United with Nemanja Vidic and Fabio da silva coming in. With little to no interest in Busquets, it was clear he'd be ending up at Old Trafford, and it's a deal I'm not completly pleased with, but one I'm happy enough to go through with.

With the arrival of Vidic, we now have the strongest back line in the entire gameworld which consists of the following...

2952.jpg1110_1340235237.jpg3415_1321006274.jpg2761.jpg

Dani Alves (95), Gerard Pique (95), Nemanja Vidic (96), Carles Puyol (96)

Delighted to have a strong back line, and with the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Messi going forward, we're looking very strong indeed.

Tonight we kick off our SMFA Champions Cup tournament at home to Sevilla. Will be a tricky game, but one thing is for sure, we can't let SoP win

549.png

Busquets to Depart The Nou Camp.....Again

Busquets is off to Manchester United with Nemanja Vidic and Fabio da silva coming in. With little to no interest in Busquets' date=' it was clear he'd be ending up at[b'] Old Trafford[/b], and it's a deal I'm not completly pleased with, but one I'm happy enough to go through with.

With the arrival of Vidic, we now have the strongest back line in the entire gameworld which consists of the following...

2952.jpg1110_1340235237.jpg3415_1321006274.jpg2761.jpg

Dani Alves (95), Gerard Pique (95), Nemanja Vidic (96), Carles Puyol (96)

Delighted to have a strong back line, and with the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Messi going forward, we're looking very strong indeed.

Tonight we kick off our SMFA Champions Cup tournament at home to Sevilla. Will be a tricky game, but one thing is for sure, we can't let SoP win

Like we are going to win - you should beat us by 3 or 4 in reality

Boca Juniors 2-1 Leverkusen

Leverkusen Reserves Let the team down.

Leverkusen slump to a 2-1 Defeat away to Boca in opening SMFA Champions Cup match. Although 8 Changes were made, the Manager fully expected the team to come away with a win, and things started well after Lars Bender scored with his head within a minute to put the away team 1-0 up.

Lars-Bender-120617-Celebrate-R300.jpg

Ledesma then equalised for the hosts at the 30minute mark putting a shot past 2nd Keeper Asenjo. Then just before the hour mark Wollscheid conceded Leverkusens 2nd penalty within as many games. Unlike Koch, Riquelme smashed the ball past Asenjo. Riquelme was later sent off for a 2nd bookable offense.

Overall a poor performance and may need to make less changes in next SMFA game.

Next Fixture- Greuther Furth

A win FULLY expected, may rest a few key names despite this poor result.

a very nervy performance tonight in the cup

Dan James steered Wolverhampton Wanderers to victory against Dartford.

Wolverhampton Wanderers beat Dartford 2 - 1 in their English Shield Round 1 fixture.

Juarez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

O\'hara was also on the scoresheet for his side.

next fixture is a home league match against nottingham forest

A very pleasing performance from my side in the euro shield tonight :) Even more so when i had to put out a much weaker side.

alan walker steered Bordeaux to victory against Napoli.

Bordeaux beat Napoli 5 - 1 in a thrilling SMFA Shield Group E encounter.

Next up is Lille at home in the league :D

549.png2-2675.png

Honours Even In Opening Group Match

Barcelona have begun their SMFA Champions Cup campaign in frustrating fashion by being held at home to Spanish rivals Sevilla. The Catalans made the perfect start and were 2-0 up within 10 minutes after goals coming from Thiago and Antonio Valenica. However Barca took their foot off the gas, and allowed Sevilla back in the game. Alvaro Negredo was on hand to pull a goal back for the visitors before equalising just after the break.

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were introduced by the hosts, but they were unable to restore the lead for Barcelona and the game ended all square. Pre match Robinson was confident of claiming victory, however a strong Sevilla side proved they were no pushovers.

Overall I guess we should be happy with a point. It was an even game, and we fielded an 11 who haven't really played much together. I'm all for putting our strongest side out in League fixtures, as the League takes priority. Disappointed to let a 2 goal lead go, that's not Barcelona, and we will address this for future fixtures. I believed Sevilla would throw out their strongest side, so I'm pleased to see that they were unable to beat our "weaker" side.

SMFA Champions Cup Group A: Match Day 1 Results

22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png BARCELONA 2-2 sevilla 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png corinthians 1-2 juventus 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Table

1 - Juventus - 3pts

2 - BARCELONA - 1pt

3 - Sevilla - 1pt

4. Corinthians - 0pts

Good start at the SMFA Shield

santos.jpg0 vs 1 hannover_96_logosvg.png

Hanover 96 started their season at the SMFA Shield better than at the german championship (were we lost to Schalke). The 1-0 win away against Santos showed that we have a good squad (played the 2nd team - 85 rating) and we can make a good season. The goal was scored by Schlaudraff, at 61 minutes; he was also voted MoM.

SMFA Shield Group J: Match Day 1 Results and Table

Santos 0 vs 1 Hanover

Everton 1 vs 1 Bnei Yehuda

1. Hanover 3

2. Everton 1

3. Bnei Yehuda 1

4. Santos 0

Nick Big: I really think we can make it 1st in this group. Some oponents are tough, but i think we are at the same level than them.

SMFA CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP G

BORUSSIA DORTMUND 0 - 1 AC MILAN

Borussia Dortmund slump to defeat away at San Siro, in a nervous back and forth match that belied the slim scoreline.

There were opportunities aplenty, but the finishing was lacking on both sides, perhaps due to early season jitters. The only goal of the match came at 69 minutes from a Kevin Constant free kick, that somewhat fortuitously looped over everyone and bounced in off the post. Immediately following resumption of play, Dortmund were awarded a penalty that was taken by De Rossi, and stopped by Abbiati. Little else of note occurred in the rather tepid display by both sides.

While the match was close and it was an away fixture, Dortmund are disappointed in not earning a win against Milan's second team. They will be looking to improve dramatically before Wednesday's league match away at Freiburg.

Dortmund top of the match: Yaya Toure

The big midfielder did well in bullying the opposition defenders, and made space for himself to create several well struck efforts at goal.

Dortmund flop of the match: Laurent Koscielny and Joleon Lescott

The two centre-halves struggled to keep pace with Milan's attackers, and each picked up needless yellow cards after losing out on pace.

Next up : SC Freiburg

-Olympique Lyon in shock after SMFA Shield Opening Game-

516px-Olympique_Lyonnaisn_logo.png

Christian Bishop ( Forum ) was unable to prevent a Lyon defeat to Crvena Zvezda.

Lyon lost 4 - 2 to Crvena Zvezda in a thrilling SMFA Shield Group I encounter.

zvezdawin.png

I must say, that I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed at how my team performed for this game ... out of all the games in the group, this one was the one I really expected to win, granted I did not polish my tactics for this game since I was rather busy during the weekend but still ... I should not have lost 4-2 against a team who's best player is rated 84 ... that's ... that's just wrong.

Lisandro and Gonalons scored ... just like they always do ! I think It's rather clear who here are my best players this season, without a doubt Lisandro Lopez and Maxime Gonalons !

I still think that the defensive aspect of this Lyon side is my weak spot, after putting Lacazette on the wing he's performed excellent for my side and I'm very pleased with having him as my RW. So far Alex Lacazette has featured in 2 games for me ... 1 divisional game and 1 SMFA shield game.

He holds 3 assists from those 2 games and I'm very impressed with how he's handling himself out there with the big names.

Another Lyon semi-starlet is Jimmy Briand !

BRIAND_JIMMY.jpg

-Briand here seen before a game in his Lyon jersey-

I know for a fact that people were rather surprised with me leaving Bafetimbi Gomis out of the starting XI and putting Briand in there, BUT ... like I've been saying for the last year or so, Briand is extremely underrated as a player ! He played more then Gomis did last season. AND he's a really big favourite with the supporters of Lyon.

Jimmy+Briand+Olympic+Lyon+Training+Press+Conference+yocIvDvkP37l.jpg

-Briand here seen at the press conference after the Zvezda loss-

Briand were the one that Manager Bishop sent to the press conference after the game and he had the follwoing to say :

We werent ready for international opponents, we thought we were, given our friendlies, but we stood no chance from the start against Crvena Zvezda ... they saw right through us from the start, saw that we were not 100% focused mentally on this game. and I shamefully admit that I was one of them that still were focused on the upcoming game against Sochaux in the league rather then focusing on this very important game against Crvena.

However, it's games like this that takes you back down to earth, that makes you realize you're not unbeatable, that makes you realize that you really do need to give it 100% even against opponents that should never have a chance in beating you. We will look at this game time and again and learn from our mistakes, we will come back stronger then before and we will progress through this group victorious !

We managed to get hold of manager Bishop late last night at his home, and he had the following to say about the unexpected loss against Crvena Zvezda :

We were not there 100% and they saw that, It's my fault as much as the players, I should've done my homework on the opposing team and I should've rested a few players ... now we've got a big hill to climb if we're to win this group. I'm still confident that my lads can pull it off,

Lisandro has again proven why he's my first choice but tbh I think we need 1 more striker in. that's the key for our succes, another CB and 1 more striker.

Me and our chairmain will sit down tomorrow and look over the possibilities of this.

Kim Källström is for sale for a decent rated CB and a talented forward.

The offer for Simone PADOIN of Juventus from Karlsruher SC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

87 rated Mid, will be very handy for me only paid £7m so will make a decent profit on him when his T/B runs out.