.:The Official Thread Of GC 175:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: .:The Official Thread Of GC 175:.

decent start to this season for leverkusen, sitting in 3rd atm.

some nice recent rises for leno etc along with Camacho, Olinga. A Bit baffled to why Kiessling didnt rise. Hernandez is in completely different goalscoring form this seasons scoring 11 so far (got 1 last season)

• 2 months later...

Finish the Season in complete contrast to last season. After last season i had a mid-table finish but got to finals of all competitions i played in.

This season however, Leverkusen managed a 2nd placed finish and under performed in the cup competitions. Happy to get back into SMFA to add some cash to the squad.

Top Scorer- Abel Hernandez (16)

Top Assists- Kiessling & Lampard (10)

Best Average Ratings (games played)- Berbatov 8.25 (4), Kiessling 8.06 (29)

Seasons Major Signings- Dejan Lovren (Lyon, Kadlec + Kalinic), Fernando Llorente (Barcelona- £27.5m)

League Finish- 2nd

German Cup- Quarter Final (2-2, 1-3 pen, Energie Cottbus)

German Shield- 1st Round (0-0, 3-5pen, Jahn Regensburg)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

St-James-Park-001.jpg

New Boss at Newcastle

After 3 league defeats and 1 champions cup defeat already this season something had to change at Newcastle and that change has come in the form of a new manager, who joins Newcastle from the manager position at Reading who he finished 9th in the league with last season.

The manager is said to be sad to leave Reading but feels a new challenge with a great club like Newcastle is too hard to turn down.

Newcastle currently sit in the relegation zone in the league and 2nd from bottom in a SMFA Cup group which they are favorites to win.

With some decent talent in the team the new manager hopes to improve his teams poor start to the season and possibly add one or two new players to the squad.

The new boss's first test will be on monday night in the 2nd round of the English Shield against Millwall before travelling away to Manchester United in the league.

St-James-Park-001.jpg

New Boss at Newcastle

After 3 league defeats and 1 champions cup defeat already this season something had to change at Newcastle and that change has come in the form of new manager Alex Thom' date=' who joins Newcastle from the manager position at Reading who he finished 9th in the league with last season.

The manager is said to be sad to leave Reading but feels a new challenge with a great club like Newcastle is too hard to turn down.

Newcastle currently sit in the relegation zone in the league and 2nd from bottom in a SMFA Cup group which they are favorites to win.

With some decent talent in the team the new manager hopes to improve his teams poor start to the season and possibly add one or two new players to the squad.

The new boss's first test will be on monday night in the 2nd round of the English Shield against Millwall before travelling away to Manchester United in the league.[/quote']

good luck mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Had A Decent enough start to the season, Beating Dortmund in the first game. after that had a bit of a blip and hadnt won in 5 (Games inc Bayern and Barcelona) before winning 3 of the last 4 games (1 draw) (inc a 4-1 win of Real)

Sit just outside SMFA pos in 6th on 11 pts, 1 point off 4th and 5 off top. No major signings so far this season.

• 1 month later...

Leverkusen sitting 3rd in Bundesliga on 29pts. with Bayern (30) and Wolfsburg (33) ahead. Having a pretty poor SMFA however, but considering i have a group that includes Real Madrid and Barcelona i cant complain. Only 1 major signing this season, that being Luuk De Jong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Crvena Zvezda in the semi-final of the SMFA CUP.

Yep, Red Star Belgrade managed to eliminate Fenerbache with the penalties after both games ended in 0-0.

Gotta play Man U in the semi which will be an impossible task I'm afraid.

Still, you never know.. and it's already a great performance to have gotten this far.

Didn't know that this GC had a fairly active forum thread but that's probably because I'm barely ever on the forums....

I'm the ManCity manager, won the league seasons 1 and 2 and going strong to get a 3rd title in a row, looks like a two-horse race between myself and Notts Forest who I've been impressed by, league form has taken a bit of a hit as I've been focusing on the SMFA CC, got past Ajax last night in the QF and have SF against Porto coming up.

Have an English Cup QF against Arsenal coming up too, looking to make up for being KO'd by them in the 2nd round of the shield but my main focus will be on winning the league and CC, cup is my least priority.

• 1 month later...

A-man-has-been-charged-ov-007.jpg

Newcastle United News

After a poor start to the season which saw Newcastle bottom of the league after 3 games brought in a change of management who led the Magpies to a 9th place finish in the league, the English Shield quarter final, and 4th round of the English Cup. However the team failed to get out of their SMFA Cup group, coming bottom under 3 teams they really should have dealt with!

The Newcastle manager is said to be pleased with his teams performance throughout the season and hopes now to have the foundations to build on and push in all competitions next season.

'The team has taken a while to gel together and regain confidence which cost us in the early stages of the season' said the manager. 'A number of players left us at the begining of my management including the likes of promising midfielder Christian Erikson who moved to Manchester city on a deal including Dzeko heading to Newcastle, however we have also added a number of promising players such as Leighton Baines, Kolo Toure, Mame Diouf and Sebastian Rode to name a few'.

Player of the season:

Demba Ba

The Newcastle forward managed to score 13 goals in 24 games for the Magpies last season also providing 4 assists and be awarded 5 man of the match performances.

demba-ba_2290161b.jpg

Forwards Papiss Cisse and new boy Edin Dzeko also managed 11 goals each and provided attacking options for the manager.

Newcastle's midfield was their strong point with the likes of Cabaye, Douglas Costa, Lacazette, Teixeira, De Jong and Rakitic all performing well and giving the manager selection headaches.

An area that saw improvement over the season was the defence with the likes of Leighton Baines, Kolo Toure and Vurnon Anita coming in.

What next?

The newcatle manager is likely to be fairly quiet in the transfer window, concentrating on the players he already has but theres a chance of a bit of movement in and out of the squad.

Aiming for higher than 9th next season and challenging to go further in the cup/shield.