Marco Reus voted Bundesliga player of the year.

Nealb

Re: Marco Reus voted Bundesliga player of the year.

With Reus being voted Bundesliga player of the year and with some impressive performances for Germany... Shouldn't that see him rise to 91?

I dont think that he will rise again this turn....

I personally think that he will be given a +1 (or maybe even +2) next german change, he deserves it. He was apart of almost every counter attack for germany in the euro's and was always wanting the ball. I think it would be a crime if he didn't get a raise.

I personally think that he will be given a +1 (or maybe even +2) next german change' date=' he deserves it. He was apart of almost every counter attack for germany in the euro's and was always wanting the ball. I think it would be a crime if he didn't get a raise.[/quote']

Since Reus only participated in two games and one of them as a sub I find it quite strange that he was the man behind almost every german counter attack... But I agree he's a very good player.

I don't think Reus will rise in the upcoming review and there is bigger chance for a snowball to survive hell than Reus chance of getting +2. :P

I personally think that he will be given a +1 (or maybe even +2) next german change' date=' he deserves it. He was apart of almost every counter attack for germany in the euro's and was always wanting the ball. I think [b']it would be a crime[/b] if he didn't get a raise.

hahahaha.

Though I agree that he should rise by 1 as he's already better than Podolski (who's rated @91).

Does anyone else remember the +2 to 92 Yuri Zhirkov got, simply because he was nominated for the EU Footballer of the year?

Reus deserves 92, because 92 is a crazy death zone of a rating. Are Pato and Hummels really on par? Was Zhirkov ever worth a 92? Don't get me wrong, i have tremendous respect for each of those three in their own right, but in no way are they now, or have they at any individual time in their careers, been equal to any of the other two at any point in their careers.

2008 Zhirkov does not equal current Hummels and/or Pato.

Add in your Falcaos (coughcough93cough), your Vucinices (coughcough), Eden Harards (96 in 3 years, never below that level of class for one day in his short career), and so many others, and 92 appears to be a way of saying "Look, you're great, but we have no real way to tell you exactly how great you are. So here, here's a high number that shouldn't offend you, but should separate you from the flash-in-the-pan Jonnys and the doomed-to-poor-leagues Terrences."

How good, how prestigious--really--was Rogerio Ceni, upon returning to Brazil? I know he eventually dropped, but was he, in the year before or ever after, on par with any of the players i have mentioned? No.

So, i submit this for your approval: 92 is the only rating for Reus, as he is obviously a phenomenal talent, and he is beginning to show it; just like Zhirkov in 2008 (Chelsea move on the way, the nomination et c.), Hummels (future of German defence, stellar at Euros, 2 consecutive Bundesliga titles), and Hazard (King of France, huge move to Chelsea, outplayed Messi at U-17s...), and Reus has to appear to be at that point in his career where he can no longer belong to the general mass of good professional footballers, but has not quite been proven as elite. Of course he is elite, but he will have to prove more (Hummels to 93 in a few...) to escape the Bermuda Triangle of ratings: 92.

92. Take it to the bank.

Since Reus only participated in two games and one of them as a sub I find it quite strange that he was the man behind almost every german counter attack... But I agree he's a very good player.

I don't think Reus will rise in the upcoming review and there is bigger chance for a snowball to survive hell than Reus chance of getting +2. :P

It's true that Reus was good, but it doesn't work if he doesn't get honest playing time in the national team. Plus, he's in a line of young players in dortmund, so although he is very likely to go to 92 it might take a while.

It's true that Reus was good' date=' but it doesn't work if he doesn't get honest playing time in the national team. Plus, he's in a line of young players in dortmund, so [b']although he is very likely to go to 92 it might take a while.[/b]

that sums it up perfectly. Reus is 92+ quality, no doubt about that, but everything takes time and you can not just award rating points based on potential. It may be a little too early to say that but I think he's got more potential than Muller and may reach a rating as high as 94 in the future, but for now, all he deserves is 90/91.

Some players have done +2, Cazorla did it. But that kind of change is rare. Reus won't rise by 2, but by the time the next changes are done there will have been a few games and Reus will be featuring for his team. I do see him rising if he is featuring for as well as he has, and for his forays last season. The Euros will not count as much, but then again, he did do well when given the chance.