Matchday Experience

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We have made some improvements to the matchday experience:

• New and improved detailed match commentary.
    Matchday%20Experience.jpg
  • New and improved score centre.
    Matchday%20Experience%202.jpg
  • The Match Report and Score Centre have now been merged into View Match.
    Matchday%20Experience%203.jpg

We hope that all of our managers enjoy the new improvements.

Re: Matchday Experience

Hmmm I am obviously in the minority here but I dont like the new matchday experience at all. It has spoiled the game for me. I found it more exciting with the last one rather than waiting on comments that lead to either a goal or not. With the last one a goal was unexpected. This takes away the surprise and its harder to follow how other games are going.

I have 54 days left of gold membership and was about to extend by another 2 years such is my love for the game but this has made me think again :(

I suppose I have 54 days to decide.

Hmmm I am obviously in the minority here but I dont like the new matchday experience at all. It has spoiled the game for me. I found it more exciting with the last one rather than waiting on comments that lead to either a goal or not. With the last one a goal was unexpected. This takes away the surprise and its harder to follow how other games are going.

I have 54 days left of gold membership and was about to extend by another 2 years such is my love for the game but this has made me think again :(

I suppose I have 54 days to decide.

You dont need to use the new 'Matchday experience' if you dont want to.

You can click view match and then go straight to the 'Match report'.

Nice improved Match Centre, well done :)

A few things IMO could be better:

1) better descriptions instead of just GOAL, MISSED & SAVED.

The sense of suspense is at times really good leading up the shot, but could defo do with improving the "outcome" description

eg instead of GOAL:

"FANTASTIC GOAL !"

"CLINICAL FINISH !"

"FINISHED WITH APLOMB",

"BEAUTIFULLY SLOTTED"

"NO CHANCE FOR THE KEEPER !"

"AND IT NESTLES IN THE BACK OF THE NET!"

eg instead of MISSED:

"JUST OVER THE BAR"

"JUST WIDE"

"INCHES PAST THE POST"

"BUT BLAZED OVER"

"BUT WELL WIDE OF THE MARK"

"BUT NOT TROUBLING THE KEEPER"

eg instead of SAVED

"GOOD STOP BY THE KEEPER"

"BUT STRAIGHT INTO THE ARMS OF THE KEEPER"

"FANTASTIC TIP OVER THE BAR BY....!"

"PALMED ROUND THE POST BY.....!"

"BUT COMFORTABLY HELD BY....."

2) Vary the number of descriptive lines more for chances / highlights.

90% of highlights are exactly the same length ie 2 lines of build-up plus 1 line giving the outcome of the chance (goal, save etc).

I think it would be great to vary the length of descriptions so as to feel more authentic and exciting, and not so monotonous.

3) Some inconsistencies in commentary

One off the top of my head:

"[player] takes the ball down and scuffs a shot towards goal. The keeper has no chance as it sails past him."

If he scuffed the shot why would it sail past the keeper?

I'll post back here if I find similar ones.

Overall, big improvement but imo these little things wold make it even better.

• The Match Report and Score Centre have now been merged into View Match.

I have some words to say about Score Center.

I don't like waiting for the results to watch a game when I have about 30teams to watch.

I dont like Match Report and Score Center to be merged in View Match they just loose my time and my time is worth money, I believe that this is the same to everyone, and for that we should decide with which one to go.

Match report should be like before separated from Score Center, if someone wants to watch the game with commentario they can go with Score Center, I dont like that, I want the results as soon as possible so by that I can proceed to the next team

Try to bring some bigger improvements because while trying to fix those ones you're making the game boring for us, please the game is played from US,

So Respect our opinion

A little problem

When I've watched the match I can't get rid of the match screen( I can't see the top of the match box)

This is an issue for me to. Kind of annoying, I have to click on a link to take me away from that page for me to log into another team as the box covers the drop down box where I can select teams.

You dont need to use the new 'Matchday experience' if you dont want to.

You can click view match and then go straight to the 'Match report'.

But that gives you the score instantly. I like to watch the match 'live'. It has taken away some excitement for me. Would be good if there was a choice of the old way and this new way a la 'team instuctions'. Will give it some time to get used to but I am wavering towards not renewing at the moment. Actually gutted coz I did love the game.

This is an issue for me to. Kind of annoying' date=' I have to click on a link to take me away from that page for me to log into another team as the box covers the drop down box where I can select teams.[/quote']

Same here....they need to make the window smaller so its all visible on the page cause as it is I can't see the X to close the window....its horrible.

But that gives you the score instantly. I like to watch the match 'live'. It has taken away some excitement for me. Would be good if there was a choice of the old way and this new way a la 'team instuctions'. Will give it some time to get used to but I am wavering towards not renewing at the moment. Actually gutted coz I did love the game.

I find this viewpoint bizarre to be honest. The new commentary is much more exciting than the old one. The look and feel of it has also improved immeasurably. For this to be 'gutting ' and for it to make you want to quit the game altogether is utterly baffling. There is now more suspense in the build up to a goal, surely that makes it more exciting than just one line telling you a goal has been scored? I rarely used the old score centre, but I'm using this one a lot now. Feels like a proper management sim at gametime.

I sort of like the new matchday experience (they have to put the mini report back in the main page, though!), but I don't get why they keep focusing in these minor improvements and they don't tackle the major issues of the game.

Honestly, even if I like it, I'd much rather see them working on the big problems many people in this forum are talking about (like all the leagues that haven't been reviewed in years, the concerns, the poor loan system, the cheaters etc.) than on the commentary, which is really a minor problem. IMHO SM should prioritise better what their players need.

[*]The Match Report and Score Centre have now been merged into View Match.
I dont like Match Report and Score Center to be merged in View Match they just loose my time and my time is worth money' date=' I believe that this is the same to everyone, and for that we should decide with which one to go.

Match report should be like before separated from Score Center, if someone wants to watch the game with commentario they can go with Score Center, I dont like that, I want the results as soon as possible so by that I can proceed to the next team[/quote']

I too, think that Match Report should be separated and have a link in the first page of the Messages, so that we can see directly the match report (like it used to be until now). Many of us don't have any interest in the Score Center, or our priority is first the Match Report and then the Score Center, so we should have the option to go directly to the Match Report. It's more time-consuming now that they have been merged into one link.

Nice little update to the matchday Experience, so thanks SM keep up the good work.

What i'd love to see but i know alot would hate it, is decisions being made for or against your team. Like players not being flagged offside, a pen being given to someone who dives or a goal not being given even tho it has crossed the line. What about you getting sent to the stands if the result isn't going your way and you get a 2 match touchline ban from picking your team. So the asistant manager has to step in like he would if your playing in europe

Visually brilliant so a big well done for that. Reminds me of the championship manager series which is great. Still not convinced with match stats translating to scores though. Last round of games i lost 3-2 to an opponent who had 3 shots on target and 3 goals. My side had 14 on target but only about 8 chances for me showed up in the match report which doesn't seem right?

I think the new match centre is an improvement overall but I preferred the layout of the old one. The old one was more understated and left room for me to open a window showing a word file of the current league table which enabled me to track how scores in other games affected my 'live' league position. The new one doesn't leave room for that option without obscuring essential information.

Maybe SM could consider incorporating a window showing a partial table like the one at the bottom of the club page that shows your teams league position with the three teams above and below it.