Matchday Experience

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Matchday Experience Nice improved Match Centre, well done A few things IMO could be better: 1) better descriptions instead of just GOAL, MISSED & SAVED. The sense of suspense is at tim

Re: Matchday Experience The Match Report and Score Centre have now been merged into View Match. I have some words to say about Score Center. I don't like waiting for the results to watch a game

Re: Matchday Experience I find this viewpoint bizarre to be honest. The new commentary is much more exciting than the old one. The look and feel of it has also improved immeasurably. For this to be

Re: Matchday Experience

So

Are we going to have again a direct link as last one to the View Match Report

or you're going to stick with this one?

Can someone from the developers give us an answer?

Because I see here lots of managers that dont like the new one, so just bring that link to direct us for the Match Reports which will be easier for those whom dont like and dont want to loose time in Score Centre.

So

Are we going to have again a direct link as last one to the View Match Report

or you're going to stick with this one?

Can someone from the developers give us an answer?

Because I see here lots of managers that dont like the new one' date=' so just bring that link to direct us for the Match Reports which will be easier for those whom dont like and dont want to loose time in Score Centre.[/quote']

I really dont see the problem that you and people who dont like it are having.

If you dont like it, alls you after do is click match report and get your score how you did before, theres no need go on about how SM dont respect your opinion.

What your saying is rubish, They are trying make the game better and more fun for us, not more boring.

I really dont see the problem that you and people who dont like it are having.

If you dont like it' date=' alls you after do is click match report and get your score how you did before, theres no need go on about how SM dont respect your opinion.

What your saying is rubish, They are trying make the game better and more fun for us, not more boring.[/quote']

I don't want to write the same again and again, so, read this:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2130820&postcount=25

i can understand that some people for whatever reason just won't/can't like something,

but the reasoning that seems to be banded around (in some not all) is a time issue, which i don't get because to me once i click on "view match" it comes up straight away, yes on to the score center feature which by the way i think is a massive improvement and used to use it before but really like using it now,

but if i wanted to ignore that and just go to match report i just click on the tab at the top and it takes me straight to the match report,

the whole process from clicking initially on "view match" to then getting up the match report takes no longer than a second, infact it would probably be quicker if i was more nimble using my touchpad, so i don't see how the "time" issue really holds any water, yes its two clicks instead of one but its hardly like going from boiling an egg to cooking bacon is it

I'm delighted with the improvements that SM have made here, esp. as I just beat Man Utd away in the cup and on penalties, after drawing 4-4! :)

Being a high-scoring match, it would be useful to have the score mentioned after each goal - e.g. 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, 4-4 and same with the penalties.

I'm impressed to see the penalties reported too. Good job.

Reading some of the previous comments, I'm not sure how sound would improve the experience.

Yup, experienced my first penalty shoot out tonight, and it was great. A fantastic addition which really adds to the sense of occasion. A nice touch when it gives you the wee added drama of mentioning that a player has to score, etc.

To the poster who wanted score updates on the penalties, it updates under the main match scoreline, so it's really not necessary in the commentary.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or has the site slowed down massively since the new match engine? It just seems to take ages to load the match popup, I usually click the match report without viewing the score centre but this is taking ages.

Also, one of my teams won 7-2 tonight, Ronaldo scored 5 goals, he got a rating of 8 and didn't get man of the match? What's a guy gotta do!! :)

Is it just me or has the site slowed down massively since the new match engine? It just seems to take ages to load the match popup' date=' I usually click the match report without viewing the score centre but this is taking ages.

Also, one of my teams won 7-2 tonight, Ronaldo scored 5 goals, he got a rating of 8 and didn't get man of the match? What's a guy gotta do!! :)[/quote']

It is ridiculously slow. I have managed to watch two games out of five and set up my tactics, formation etc for the forth coming games and it has took me an hour and a half, to say this is farcical is an understatement.

I am wondering what my money (and other gold members) money actually gets used for.

I have to agree with you guys, it takes ages to load the match report even.

At my country the games are played from 9pm so now with the new match engine, I have to wait untill 11pm to have every game loaded well/

do another improvement on this SM if you can fix it :)

I really really like the new match day experience. I don't know how much is "dressing" and how much is actual nuts and bolts - but it's soooo much more fun than simply clicking a button to see the score.

I even had a goal ruled offside today - which was frustrating, but lots of fun (I cheered, then cursed).

I am not happy with the changes to concerns, it's kind of spoiling the game for me - but credit to SM, I think the new match experience is tremendous.

• 2 weeks later...

I've waited for the score centre to be available on a mac for 3 years. Yes, 3 YEARS!! In that time, I've sent numerous requests to SM asking them if it will ever happen. So every few weeks, I check the score centre to see if it works. So imagine my joy when not only does it load up on a mac, but also on iphone! And as an added bonus, it's been improved immensely.

The new score centre is nothing short of fantastic :D

Before you would get "GOAL!" or "GOAL! Great penalty" which frankly is nothing like the build up and the drama of real life football....... but now with the new score centre, it is like watching your team live, which makes the game for me. Now you'll get:

"a great cross from the left by ****"

"a header from **** sends it towards the far post"

"GOAL!"

It's absolutely superb.

I also love the flashing goal bar, similar to the classic Championship Manager series. For those who don't like the new score centre:

1) I can't think why, it's more like watching a live football game than ever, far more exciting than before.

2) If you have too many teams and you don't have the time, simply skip to the match report.

Score centre for mac, score centre for iphone, score centre dramatically improved. What could be better? Very well done SM!!

I've waited for the score centre to be available on a mac for 3 years. Yes' date=' 3 YEARS!! In that time, I've sent numerous requests to SM asking them if it will ever happen. So every few weeks, I check the score centre to see if it works. So imagine my joy when not only does it load up on a mac, but also on iphone! And as an added bonus, it's been improved immensely.

The new score centre is nothing short of fantastic :D

Before you would get "GOAL!" or "GOAL! Great penalty" which frankly is nothing like the build up and the drama of real life football....... but now with the new score centre, it is like watching your team live, which makes the game for me. Now you'll get:

[b']"a great cross from the left by ****"[/b]

"a header from **** sends it towards the far post"

"GOAL!"

It's absolutely superb.

I also love the flashing goal bar, similar to the classic Championship Manager series. For those who don't like the new score centre:

1) I can't think why, it's more like watching a live football game than ever, far more exciting than before.

2) If you have too many teams and you don't have the time, simply skip to the match report.

Score centre for mac, score centre for iphone, score centre dramatically improved. What could be better? Very well done SM!!

All we need now is some sound, I like the changes but I do miss the "Oooooo''s" and the "Ahhhhhh's" and of course the crowd cheering when scoring.

Does anyone know if the recent changes were simply cosmetic or has the engine itself been tweaked? Initially I thought the match engine had been updated, but now I'm not too sure.

All we need now is some sound' date=' I like the changes but I do miss the "Oooooo''s" and the "Ahhhhhh's" and of course the crowd cheering when scoring.

Does anyone know if the recent changes were simply cosmetic or has the engine itself been tweaked? Initially I thought the match engine [b']had[/b] been updated, but now I'm not too sure.

I think the changes are purely cosmetic because the same glitch of low rating dual designated players (eg CB/DM; W/F; RB/RM etc) when their position is changed via in-game tactics is still occuring. A bit of a copout really considering we were promised a 2D match engine more than 2 years ago.

Nothing less than a full overhaul of the match engine algorithm is acceptable if SM wants to keep its credibility.

Nothing less than a full overhaul of the match engine algorithm is acceptable if SM wants to keep its credibility.

Quite right!

we were promised a 2D match engine more than 2 years ago.

I never take any of SM's "coming soon" things for granted, they promise so much and deliver so little. The when you try and contact them for an answer you don't even get a response :rolleyes:

Their twitter feed is an utter joke too, It seams all their interested in is promoting 'The Blizzard' again & again *yawn*

But that gives you the score instantly. I like to watch the match 'live'.

The new results window is the same but different if you see what I mean' date=' it is possible to just get the result from it so I'm not too fussed, there are bigger issues to sort out than this I think (I promise I won't mention player concerns...Doh!)

I just wish that stats you see relating to a result actually look like they are related to the result, some are pretty odd. The number of times I've seen my and other teams concede 4 or 5 goals and all the defenders get 7/10 is ridiculous.

[b']Step 1[/b] - Get a result, however isn't important

Step 2 - Have a selection of post game stats that relate to either a narrow home win or a draw or a whopping great away win etc

Step 3 - Randomly select one of the appropriate set of post game stats and attach it to the result.

I like most people love a good moan, but credit where credit is due and I'm here to give SM some credit, a little bit, but still credit all the same.

I have to pat SM on the virtual back for the new(ish) match commentaries, now they are much better then the old random rubbish they gave us. Well done SM, a change that is for the better, not like the player concerns shambles, but hey, no one's perfect eh.

I think the changes are purely cosmetic because the same glitch of low rating dual designated players (eg CB/DM; W/F; RB/RM etc) when their position is changed via in-game tactics is still occuring.

On a slightly different note, I wish that SM would stop changing the main player position, if I sign a DM, don't please convert him to a RB or CB. I know it's meant to be based on real life and players do change positions but I think when they reach 22 (and can no longer go to junior school ie the youth team) then they should stay as a midfielder primarily or a defender but please don't mess my intricate squad building plans up by moving them to another position entirely. Yes you can add extra ones or swap a CB/DM to a DM/CB but don't remove the main (first listed) one altogether.

On a slightly different note' date=' I wish that SM would stop changing the main player position, if I sign a DM, don't please convert him to a RB or CB. I know it's meant to be based on real life and players do change positions but I think when they reach 22 (and can no longer go to junior school ie the youth team) then they should stay as a midfielder primarily or a defender but please don't mess my intricate squad building plans up by moving them to another position entirely. Yes you can add extra ones or swap a CB/DM to a DM/CB but don't remove the main (first listed) one altogether.[/quote']

This position changing will also play havoc with the new escalated concern system. If you are already having to play your optimum lineup all the time it doesn't help when a W/F loses his Winger status and he has to compete for a single forward position as happened to me with Benzema. Fortunately they saw the error of their ways and changed him back.

This position changing will also play havoc with the new escalated concern system.

Makes the new concern system look a little less like a fully developed idea.

Over complicating things is usually a bad idea as it usually has too many knock on effects in other areas.

Things could of been dealt with a lot easier without all this mess and confusion by the game. All they had to do was limit squad sizes to something like 40 etc by introducing a wage limit. A bit like the new financial fair play rules that are meant to be coming in football. Then introduce simpler concern rules that are dealt with at the end of a season so don't require a lot of day to day management, something like if a senior player (88+ skill) hasn't featured in at least 50% of the games come the end of the season they would demand a transfer. This would by the end of the first season reduce most large squads down to size easily.

Things don't have to be too clever or too complicated or be perfect, just workable.

But the goaless draw 0-0 has gone' date=' its very rare now to have 0-0 draw, sorry but football has many 0-0 draws.[/quote']

You are right, a 0-0 is like an honest politician these days. I've just checked and I've had 7 in 200 league and cup games this season (yes I'm that boring).

Not that I'd like to see every other game finish 0-0 you understand as I like to record my goal scorers and assist providers each season (see previous note in brackets).

I would however like to see the own goal removed from the game, if my team scores I want one of my players to get the credit, not ultra realistic but we are playing a game here afterall.