Greetings

Jimmy Mack

Hi,

I have been playing soccer manager now since the spring and finally bit the bullet about a month ago and signed up for gold membership. I have acquired a full allotment of clubs but the following are the only ones I have started a new season with (or will soon be starting a new season with):

Sevilla WC 463

Roma WC 117

Valencia WC 87

FC Zurich GC 5

My other clubs are currently 'works in progress' but I hope they be where I want them by the time their new seasons start. Just want to say that SM is the best website on the internet and may it go from strength to strength.

If you know my Roma side you will have an idea of my strategy, which is to built a strong youth squad based on extensive scouting reports. I would like to test my youth team against other teams in a series of friendlies if anyone would be interested. My only stipulation would be that they be genuine members of the youth squad and not just first team players who happen to be under 21 (ie Fabregas, Messi, etc).

Also while I'm on my soapbox: would it be possible to update Score Centre to be more relevant. Why for example is there a designated penalty taker in 'Tactics' when there are never any penalties? Or less yellow cards for time-wasting for players whose teams are losing!!! These are obviously minor points in the grand scheme of things that have probably been dealt with elsewhere and, when I can tear myself away from playing the game, I'm sure I'll enter the debate on them in due course.

Ciao for now,

JM

Re: Greetings

Hey there Jimmy or should we call you JM? ;) Welcome to the forums, great first post there and I hope to see you stick around.

Check out the FAQ in the userbar above for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) lol and get used to working around the forums.

Feel free to join in on any threads or subjects or to ask any questions, just fire away, were here to help.

Welcome buddy, i see your a gold member , and you have a team in a gold championship. There are match report threads that are used frequently by us forumers for the gold championships and i hope to see some reports and transfer news concerning zurich in the GC5 thread. :) im villa in GC5 .

Anyways, as Dan said take a peep at the FAQ, use the search tool for threads before creating them ( when its working again lol ) other than that i hope to see you around here more often.

There are some great player scouts on the forum and they usually show there findings, so keep your eyes peeled

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll take your advice, look around the threads and contribute where I think I have something to add (time permitting). Looking forward to the challenge of Gold Setup 5 with FC Zurich as well as qualifying my Rangers team for the Champions League in Gold Setup 6.

All The Best,

JM