seeking/creating new game world..

dai smout

i am looking at either joining or creating a game world for serious players such as myself.

by no means am i especially knowledgeable with regards to the footballing world or its potential future stars. yet i am committed to a greater involvement within a game world.

in 1982 i discovered a whole new way of life after seeing Kevin Toms Football Manager. i held my parents to ransom and suggested i'd report them for abuse unless they provided me with a ZX Sinclair Spectrum 48k (they didn't need to purchase the actual game - like everyone else, i just copied the tape..)

thus, i fell in love with these sims and played several over the years to the exclusion of everything else (although, i did have a well-used Jamie Lee Curtis poster and, eventually, it was only the stubborn under-stains that held it all together..)

yet i certainly am interested in being immersed within such a set up. the dealings, banter, and a fully utilised newspaper.

interviewing Kevin Toms from New Zealand in 2010 was enlightening - in the discovery that there are many more sad people such as myself..

therefore, i'm interested in meeting old CMO players, long-term SM clients and those whom would enjoy a higher level of interaction within a set-up and are in it for the long term.

the rules and details etc are to be decided in due course, at this stage it's only important to attract the right type/numbers of players.

if you run such a set-up, or would be interested in joining such a league, please contact me in the first instance.

have fun :)

Re: seeking/creating new game world..

I am interested :)

i am looking at either joining or creating a game world for serious players such as myself.

by no means am i especially knowledgeable with regards to the footballing world or its potential future stars. yet i am committed to a greater involvement within a game world.

in 1982 i discovered a whole new way of life after seeing Kevin Toms Football Manager. i held my parents to ransom and suggested i'd report them for abuse unless they provided me with a ZX Sinclair Spectrum 48k (they didn't need to purchase the actual game - like everyone else' date=' i just copied the tape..)

thus, i fell in love with these sims and played several over the years to the exclusion of everything else (although, i did have a well-used Jamie Lee Curtis poster and, eventually, it was only the stubborn under-stains that held it all together..)[/size']

yet i certainly am interested in being immersed within such a set up. the dealings, banter, and a fully utilised newspaper.

interviewing Kevin Toms from New Zealand in 2010 was enlightening - in the discovery that there are many more sad people such as myself..

therefore, i'm interested in meeting old CMO players, long-term SM clients and those whom would enjoy a higher level of interaction within a set-up and are in it for the long term.

the rules and details etc are to be decided in due course, at this stage it's only important to attract the right type/numbers of players.

if you run such a set-up, or would be interested in joining such a league, please contact me in the first instance.

ty peeps, at this moment it seems a new custom world should be created (and i'd be most interested in hearing from those whom are prepared to write for the newspaper feature) yet, obviously, we need more managers first before the league is created.

thank you for your interest and i will keep you informed :)

dai smout

ty peeps' date=' at this moment it seems a new custom world should be created (and i'd be most interested in hearing from those whom are prepared to write for the newspaper feature) yet, obviously, we need more managers first before the league is created.

thank you for your interest and i will keep you informed :)

dai smout[/quote']

Dai as in the original Dai from 2006 or are you just using his name? If it is the original and highly controversial (lol) Dai smout then welcome back fella. There are not many names left on the forum you will recognise that I am aware of. Fraser and Teb are still about but I think that is about it from your day. I joined the forum originally just before you left it but under a different name now.

Anyway, welcome back.

Dai as in the original Dai from 2006 or are you just using his name? If it is the original and highly controversial (lol) Dai smout then welcome back fella. There are not many names left on the forum you will recognise that I am aware of. Fraser and Teb are still about but I think that is about it from your day. I joined the forum originally just before you left it but under a different name now.

Anyway' date=' welcome back.[/quote']

howdies bunder,

yes, i am the original me (it was slightly scary seeing people posing as myself!) regarding 'highly controversial', well that was during the end of my first stint here and there's a bit of a back-story involved behind the scenes. which is totally unimportant now - i rejoined again a few weeks ago and very much enjoying my gold membership (the new score centre is great fun and i'm impressed with the other features from the Gore bro's.)

it looks like i just missed Fraser unfortunately - top bloke. thank you for your welcome pal and have fun today :)

howdies bunder' date='

yes, i am the original [i']me[/i] (it was slightly scary seeing people posing as myself!) regarding 'highly controversial', well that was during the end of my first stint here and there's a bit of a back-story involved behind the scenes. which is totally unimportant now - i rejoined again a few weeks ago and very much enjoying my gold membership (the new score centre is great fun and i'm impressed with the other features from the Gore bro's.)

it looks like i just missed Fraser unfortunately - top bloke. thank you for your welcome pal and have fun today :)

I am actually fairly familiar with the back-story actually as I used to be a forum supervisor and could see all the old threads, plus I was fairly close with Teb, Ste, Crazy bones, Fraser, Neller, Bobo, Sam wainwright etc who all filled me in with the details. I used to be called 'leigh' when I first joined way back in late 2006ish I think so did see your last few weeks or so.

Fraser is still about, rarely on the forum like myself but plays the game still and posts on here sporadically.

Maybe we should get a gameworld going with only people invited who have been about forever (it seems) as I'm sure the banter would be good if we could all get into it.

Suggesting a decent GC for you...GC113 is very active for transfers and banter and the newspaper is used daily. I have only been in it since January but really like it so far, could be worth joining.

I am actually fairly familiar with the back-story actually as I used to be a forum supervisor and could see all the old threads' date=' plus I was fairly close with Teb, Ste, Crazy bones, Fraser, Neller, Bobo, Sam wainwright etc who all filled me in with the details. I used to be called 'leigh' when I first joined way back in late 2006ish I think so did see your last few weeks or so.

Fraser is still about, rarely on the forum like myself but plays the game still and posts on here sporadically.

Maybe we should get a gameworld going with only people invited who have been about forever (it seems) as I'm sure the banter would be good if we could all get into it.

Suggesting a decent GC for you...GC113 is very active for transfers and banter and the newspaper is used daily. I have only been in it since January but really like it so far, could be worth joining.[/quote']

i remember a leigh (although i remember loads.. i'm getting too old..), is that Sky Blue or another one?

a new private (invite-only) gameworld sounds great fun for us old timers, plus some new managers, as long as everyone is committed. the details and scope could be worked out in due course but obviously it's important to get us folk together firstly.

i would certainly be active in the newspaper, and expect several others to be interested as well, especially when it comes to Fraser-bashing ;)

perhaps you'd accept a friend request and we could work on getting the set up .. erm .. set up..

i remember a leigh (although i remember loads.. i'm getting too old..)' date=' is that [i']Sky Blue[/i] or another one?

a new private (invite-only) gameworld sounds great fun for us old timers, plus some new managers, as long as everyone is committed. the details and scope could be worked out in due course but obviously it's important to get us folk together firstly.

i would certainly be active in the newspaper, and expect several others to be interested as well, especially when it comes to Fraser-bashing ;)

perhaps you'd accept a friend request and we could work on getting the set up .. erm .. set up..

Yeah no worries, it'd be a pleasure. I think Sky Blue Lee is still knocking about, he could even still be a board mod but don't quote me on that. I would be gooner Leigh rather than Coventry fan Lee and I believe he has been around this place even longer than me! lol

most excellent. i'd like/hope for a fully immersive GW whereby managers experience a high level of contact and banter. additionally, an active Newspaper in which to develop further interaction etc.

if any of you have a preference or suggestion for the type of league then please share your views here.

i would also suggest, if committed to such a GW, that i be friended via SM to enable easier contact.

further to this thread, in summary, i am seeking managers whom are long-term players, committed to SM, enjoy and contribute to the resulting friendly banter and, also, interested in submitting articles for the GW Newspaper (if inexperienced in this regard, i am only too willing to help.)

details of the set up will be ascertained in due course and via consultation with all members. spaces will be limited to ensure full leagues and manager immersion (although photo's of younger sisters will ensure priority .. unless she's a pig..)

in the first instance, may i recommend you 'friend' me within SM ('dai smout') and i will send details accordingly.

let's make it more fun.. :)

further to this thread' date=' in summary, i am seeking managers whom are long-term players, committed to SM, enjoy and contribute to the resulting friendly banter and, also, interested in submitting articles for the GW Newspaper (if inexperienced in this regard, i am only too willing to help.)

details of the set up will be ascertained in due course and via consultation with all members. spaces will be limited to ensure full leagues and manager immersion (although photo's of younger sisters will ensure priority .. unless she's a pig..)

in the first instance, may i recommend you 'friend' me within SM ('dai smout') and i will send details accordingly.

let's make it more fun.. :)[/quote']

there are 7 dai smout on sm, which one to add :P

obviously it was most welcome to receive such a great response so far from interested managers. therefore, rather encouraging for a fully active and immersive GW - one in which we are not a part of, but actually belong.

after ascertaining this interest, i have created a thread within this same section called "DAiS Invitational" for the purpose of listing applicants.

with this in mind, i should describe the type of person whom would fit in appropriately within this setup..

- a manager whom is active regularly.

- a long-term player of SM or such online sims

- one whom is active within the forum

- someone whom has changed a nappy

- immersion and banter is considered everything

- a person prepared to contribute to the newspaper (weekly basis?)

DAiS Invitational

• 2 weeks later...