Sign in to follow this  
Ben-SCFC

Official Stoke City FC Thread

Re: Official Stoke City FC Thread

I was until you turned up. xxxxxxx

Lol' date=' lonely and proud, SCFC! <3

P.S My fellow Stokie give up on this thread. :P[/center']

Haha, I will try and post more often, just havnt got too much time on my hands recently, plus your doing a great job of which I will rep you for right how in fact! ;)

1-1 draw at West Ham, happy with that, I expected us lose that 1-0 or 2-0 giving our bad away form an its a tough place to go.

A well worked corner for our goal in the first half though, great finish from Walters to give us the lead.

Joey O'Brien got them the equalizer in the second half as he beat Begovic from a few yards out.

All in all a good point for us, confident we will beat Fulham on Saturday with us being at home, hopefully it will happen. :P

Care to share your thoughts on the Wenger sacking issue one more time?

I think it'll be interesting to see what the percentages are between the 'faithful' and other football fans so I've setup a couple of polls.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm sitting on the fence on this one, I did want him to stay but I cant deny that throughout history a new manager usually always has a positive effect. But this is the Arsene and will a change be right for the longterm? What do you think?

[NON-ARSENAL FANS ONLY]

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=128644

To bring the Stoke discussion back, How long has Pulis been in charge and could you see another manager taking you forward or have you got the right man already?

A steady 1-0 win for us today against Fulham, Charlie Adam the goalscorer, definitely a contender for goal of the season aswell

:D haha, same result against QPR a fortnight ago.

We should of won by more than 1 really! We had a few good chances from corners, Ryan Shawcross hit the crossbar from a corner and Robert Huth had a couple of nice chances, one in the first and one in the second half.

I thought we had doubled our lead in the second half, Kenwyne Jones scored for us, thats when all us Stoke fans were jumping up and down :P, when he had scored I was looking towards the Fulham fans cause I wasnt that far away from them, I thought something was up when they were pointing to our chairs for say sit down...It was offside. :/...Never mind, we won. :P

Home to Newcastle on Wednesday night, looking forward to it, hopefully it will be another 3 points, we've let 1 goal in out of our 6 home games all season which must be one of the best home records defensive wise in the league, if not the best, hopefully we can get a win in the week, that should put us in the top 10 really.

Care to share your thoughts on the Wenger sacking issue one more time?

I think it'll be interesting to see what the percentages are between the 'faithful' and other football fans so I've setup a couple of polls.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm sitting on the fence on this one' date=' I did want him to stay but I cant deny that throughout history a new manager usually always has a positive effect. But this is the Arsene and will a change be right for the longterm? What do you think?

[NON-ARSENAL FANS ONLY']

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=128644

To bring the Stoke discussion back, How long has Pulis been in charge and could you see another manager taking you forward or have you got the right man already?

Ive put my opinion on the thread, Arsenal have gone a while without winning a trophy so maybe he does deserve to go, hes quite lucky hes been at Arsenal, if he was the Chelsea manager he would be gone before the end of the first season :P but the thing is who would replace him, its a maybe for me...:)

Pulis has been in charge of Stoke for a while, he was with us in 2002 to 2005, he then got sacked and was at Plymouth for a season, we had him back though after his season with Plymouth in 2006, so you could say hes been here 6 years since he came back but was in charge for a few years before that so I guess next year will be his 10th year of managing Stoke. :P

I think he is the right man to take us forward really, hes took us from a bottom half Championship club to a mid table Premiership club really and we probably wouldnt be as solid as we are now if it wasnt for him, I think he can and will probably take us further tbh, if we were to sack him and get a new manager I would want a top manager as his replacement if he was to ever get the sack, would be very unlikely though, hes got a good relationship going with the owner, Pulis and the Coates family are close and hes a good manager. :)

If there was a survey for one club that most resembles a rugby team Stoke would surely win it :D

Do you notice it always seems to be the managers of teams we beat who say things like that' date=' the ones who beat us dont really make stupid comments about us.:P...Its managers who cant take it. :D

Maybe most would stay Stoke, everybody is welcome to their opinion.[/center']

Great comeback to beat Newcastle in the week, with how we were playing I couldnt see us getting anything when we were 0-1 down, a lot better when Jerome and Kightly come on though, good header from Walters and nicely finished off from Jerome to win us the game.

A first away win of the season for us today against the team who we always normally beat, West Brom, Whitehead with the goal, moves us up to 9th which is a place above Arsenal. :P

Great comeback to beat Newcastle in the week' date=' with how we were playing I couldnt see us getting anything when we were 0-1 down, a lot better when Jerome and Kightly come on though, good header from Walters and nicely finished off from Jerome to win us the game.

A first away win of the season for us today against the team who we always normally beat, West Brom, Whitehead with the goal, moves us up to 9th which is a place above Arsenal. :P[/center']

Absolutely ecsatic with that comeback against Newcastle, and especially with two goals in the last 10 minutes.. It doesn't come better than that! We are not a side that backs down, but were usually the ones who concede last minute, so it's good to do the opposite this time! :D But finally, an away win and against a side on tip top form as well, an absolutely brilliant result and we have the 3rd least loses in the league, joint with United and Chelsea and are still undeafeated at home this season as well.. Simply brilliant! Good times are ahead for us Stoke fans, you can count on that!

0-0 draw at Villa on Saturday, expected it be a draw tbh.

We play Everton on Saturday, should win it at home but a draw wont be a bad result against them, they are playing well.

Could be a few changes, Shottons banned cause of that ridiculous decision from the ref to send him off, Adams back from suspension and Crouch could play.

Absolutely ecsatic with that comeback against Newcastle' date=' and especially with two goals in the last 10 minutes.. It doesn't come better than that! We are not a side that backs down, but were usually the ones who concede last minute, so it's good to do the opposite this time! :D But finally, an away win and against a side on tip top form as well, an absolutely brilliant result and we have the 3rd least loses in the league, joint with United and Chelsea and are still undeafeated at home this season as well.. Simply brilliant! Good times are ahead for us Stoke fans, you can count on that![/quote']

Yep. :)

1-1 draw against Everton, a good point for both sides IMO.

Wasn't that good of a first half in terms of for Stoke, Pienaar shot, it hit Shawcross's head and went into the top corner, Begovic couldn't really get to that.

Like we normally do we improved in the second half, a lovely free kick up into the box and a lovely header from Kenwyne Jones to put us level.

There was quite a few sh!t decisions given tbh, most of the time in Evertons favor but once or twice it went in our favor.

Fellaini and Jelavic were both dirty, Fellaini will get banned, he head butted Shawcross in the box (Saw it on BBC), Shawcross went down but I presumed he elbowed him in the face but if he nutted him then he does deserve any punishment he gets, I missed it at the Brit.

Begovic had a moan at the ref later on about another decision and then he got himself booked for it.

Halsey was rubbish.

Good point though against them, I thought it would be 1-1 or 2-1.

Away to Tottenham next Saturday before we are at home against Liverpool at night on Christmas Eve.

Great point at White Hart Lane, Begovic saved us.

:)

Best defence in the league!

Hopefully we get 3 points against Liverpool on boxing day then 3 points against Southampton on the 29th at the Brit. :D

We move up to 8th above Norwich, only 5 points behind 4th place!

Great performance from the lads tonight!

It was good to see we started with Walters playing more up front with Jones and to see Kightly and Etherington both started on the wings, was hoping they would play Kightly + Ethers at the same time.

Was a bad start though, Suarez went down in the area and Gerrard put them ahead from the spot, I thought he went down pretty easy but with Shawcross having his hand on his shirt it was given.

Walters put us level just a few minutes later then not longer after super Kenwyne put us in front with an header, Walters got his second just four minutes into the second half, the game then stayed 3-1.

9 games unbeaten now, and 16 unbeaten at the Brit, we play Southampton at the Brit on Saturday, should be another 3 points. :)

A good game today at the Brit, shame we were without Ryan Shawcross and Geoff Cameron though, massive difference without them at the back.

Wilkinson and Upson were at fault for the first goal, the ball went through to Rickie Lambert and he tapped it in at the far post, Kenwyne Jones back heal got us level six minutes later, eight minutes later though from a cross Robert Huth managed to kick it and hit his own cross bar, the ball come down past the keeper and Rodriguez tapped it home.

Their third come from another bad peace of defending, Wilkinson beat his own goalkeeper to get their third. :o

Upson got us one back midway through the second half, Steven N'Zonzi later got fouled and then kicked that player who fouled him to get a straight red, despite having 10 men we were the better side towards the end and a 30 yarder from Cameron Jerome rescued us a point in stoppage time, good game, fully expected us beat them though so I had Stoke in all of my accumulators, never mind, to get a point in the end was good, keeps our unbeaten run going to 10 games until we play Man City at the Etihad on Tuesday.

Should get Stoke some more money when United come back in for him :P

It's not gonna happen, we have no need to sell and were by no means a selling club, we can hold our own if big offers came in for our players and I doubt we would accept anything less than 20 mil for him in all honesty.

It's not gonna happen' date=' we have no need to sell and were by no means a selling club, we can hold our own if big offers came in for our players and I doubt we would accept anything less than 20 mil for him in all honesty.[/quote']

It was a joke mate.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

You've got a couple years before Ferdinand and Vidic disappear he'll be worth £30m by then ;)

It was a joke mate.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

You've got a couple years before Ferdinand and Vidic disappear he'll be worth £30m by then ;)

I'm not, I'm just being honest! :)

and yeah, Shawcross will be like 28/29 by then, therefore won't be worth that much! ;)

0-0 draw at Crystal Palace in the 3rd round of the F.A Cup.

Happy enough with that cause we can have them at the Brit.

Was good to see Owen start for us yesterday, dont think he did much though.

Also, we are ball number 1 when it comes to the draw later.