Sign in to follow this  
Ben-SCFC

Official Stoke City FC Thread

Re: Official Stoke City FC Thread

Steve Bould is being strongly linked. Born in Stoke and apparently wants to make waves in management.

I could see it happening but I'm not sure whether I can see Arsenal getting rid of yet another assistant manager in consecutive seasons.

Wouldnt say its incredibly funny' date=' he was a top striker for us probably one of the best of our own that ive seen down here, with that in mind theres many former stoke strikers who I wouldnt have seen play but there wouldnt of been many better than him.

Was gutted when he left.[/center']

Agreed, Fuller was class for a number of seasons for us. His goal vs Aston Villa was class when we first got in the Prem, think that sums up what kind of ability he brung to the pitch, and we haven't been able to replace that ever since.

Out the names being mentioned this would probably be my order of preferance.

1) ROBERTO DI MATTEO

2) Rafa Benitez

3/4) Gus Poyet, Martin O'Neill

5,6) Mark Hughes Phil Neville

Really hope we get Matteo, would be a joke if we get Hughes as a replacement for Pulis.

Its out of the top two for me, cant see it being Benitez cause he would after take a wage cut from what hes on now probz and would more than likely want a bigger job, never know though!

Haha you lads released 7 players today.

Pennant, Delap, Whitehead, Upson, Nash, Sidibe and Lund.

It's a good move. Getting rid of the deadwood. Something Pulis never wanted to do and just brought more in :P

Pennant' date=' Delap, Whitehead, Upson, Nash, Sidibe and Lund.

It's a good move. Getting rid of the deadwood. Something Pulis never wanted to do and just brought more in :P[/quote']

Whitehead has left. Hughes is already a success as it stands! :P

Pennant' date=' Delap, Whitehead, Upson, Nash, Sidibe and Lund.

It's a good move. Getting rid of the deadwood. Something Pulis never wanted to do and just brought more in :P[/quote']

Some young lads in Clarkson, Gledhill, Hall, Musungu and Rigg also got released, their futures will probably be in League 1 or 2 at best. :P

Heard theres a chance we might sign Pennant back yet, I thought Whitehead would probably get another year or something but obviously not.

Delap will be causing some championship defenders some problems next season, or league one defenders for that matter.

Shame Sidibe had them injury problems, did well for us in the championship before we got promoted, will always remember that last minute winner of his in the 3-2 win against Villa in our first premier league game at the Brit.

Fullers goal was a good one in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfihBY11st4

The team on that day, 4 players who are here now, Sorenson the keeper then the three unused substitutes, Shawcross, Wilkinson and Whelan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7565062.stm

Just interesting looking back. :P

First 5 games.

Liverpool - Away

Crystal Palace - Home

West Ham - Away

Man City - Home

Arsenal - Away

Happy with the first game might be going watch that one so was hoping for a decent side away.

Pennant has signed a 1 year deal with us. :)

Yep good signing with Pieters, £3M is a good deal for him, was about time we signed a left back.

Completed the signing of Marc Muniesa, 4 year deal aswell, needed a CB as cover.

Just read this on a stoke site:

Stoke to sign a second Barcelona player?

More exciting news is flooding through the Potteries tonight, as it seems that Stoke have made another acquisition from Barcelona. Young midfielder Sergi Roberto has taken to his official Twitter page to potentially announce he is signing for the Staffordshire outfit.

The 21 year old Spaniard posted on Twitter earlier this evening saying 'Muy contento de empezar este nuevo reto en el @stokecity.'. Translated, this actually reads;

'Very happy to start this new challenge in the @stokecity.'

The post was quickly deleted, however the player does follow the official Stoke City Twitter account.

Has Hughes made a second purchase with his connections in Barca? Or is this purely speculation at the moment? Only time will tell. One thing is for certain, these are very exciting times for Stoke City fans.

Would be another good signing there.

Pieters was heavily watched by Carr at Newcastle and we wanted him.

I think he even came over to watch a match. Newcastle fans tweeted pictures with him.

His injury and fitness stop us signing him. Think in the end we stuck by Santon and chased Debuchy instead.

Should be a good defender if he can return to his best