Barnet FC Thread

JCAFC

Re: Barnet FC Thread

15/07/12.

Jordan Coates has today walked out on the Tottenham job, just 2 weeks after taking over from Harry Redknapp.

The North London club has made a statement.

Daniel Levy said "We feel that this was in the best interest in the Club to remove Mr Coates from his duties. We would like to thank Mr Coates for his hard work over the Pre-Season tour. We have acquired many of new players and was becoming evident that Mr Coates coaching skills would only get us so far".

Jordan Coates was seen leaving White Hart Lane with a smile on his face at 7pm.

When asked how he feels about the move he replied "I would like to say a big thank you to all the members of staff and fans of Tottenham Hotspur for what has been a very exciting start to football management. I regret that after a talk with Mr Levy and myself we both agree that this club needs a man with credentials to his name".

The new season kicks off in just a few hours and Spurs are yet to announce who will be taking the team to a daunting opening day of the season trip to last season's Premier League winners Manchester City.

Sources are linking Mr Coates to take over former club Barnet FC. Coates played over 300 games for the small time North London club between 1999 and 2004.

Barnet recently had a new change in Board which they hope can now help them push on for promotion.

Coates is 1/3 to take over Barnet.

Jordan Coates has penned a 2 year contract with Barnet FC.

The Division 5 club have recently been taken over by a foreign over sea's business.

Coates only parted with former club Tottenham a matter of hours ago, leaving the club to turn to their caretaker manager to guide them at the Etihad stadium. The match finished 1-1 with goals either half.

Barnet's new manager got a chance to see what uphill task he has after watching them draw 0-0 at home vs Fleetwood Town.

After the match we managed to have a chat with New Barnet FC manager Jordan Coates.

How does it feel to be back in management so soon?

"It hasn't really hit me as of yet, one day ago I was talking about tactics with players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale. And here I am at Barnet! I love this club though, After playing here for over 5 years and captaining the side to promotion to the football league, I always knew I would manager here one day. Now is that day".

Will you be making any changes?

"Oh yes, I gave the current lads a good run around to test and prove themselves to me today. They played well as a defensive unit. However I do feel we need some fresh faces around the place, I have already had a word with a number of clubs after the Chairman told me I have a transfer kitty to spend".

What kind of players will you aim for?

"Only the best what I can get. I would like to make sure I build a squad that will mold into a team. I will be aiming for 15 to 20 changes over recent days, which will make it a whole new dimension and squad to Barnet FC".

What is the expectation this season?

"Well I am fully aware that this club has been involved in the relegation battle 3 times in a row now and only wins on the last day has kept us up. However with the budget I have, and co operation from my board and staff and more importantly fans then I say we could even look for promotion".

Coates first game in charge is away to Grimsby on Thursday (19/07/12) at 8pm.

BARNET FOR BECKS?

News has emerged today that wealthy North London team Barnet FC are close to bringing former England International Captain David Beckham.

The move will send serious shock waves through football as Division 5 will see such a prestigious figure of world football.

Beckham himself has mutually terminated his contract with LA Galaxy after a bust up with manager over an alleged comment made after LA Galaxy’s shock 5-4 defeat in which they led 4-1.

Beckham who made over 300 appearances for Boy-Hood club Manchester United before leaving for Spanish giants Real Madrid, would be taking a gamble at such a move.

His agent said “Barnet FC manager Jordan Coates called me as soon as he heard Beckham was a free agent, we talked about how big of a step this is and how could the Division 5 side finance such a move. However after a successful conversation with Mr Coates it became clear this was a club that David could see out his footballing days in the country he loves and in a area he is familiar with”.

Barnet FC dubbed the next ‘Manchester City’ have already splashed the cash on former Arsenal and England U21 International Henri Lansbury for a club record 5 million pounds.

This however is just the start of a whole new transition to the North London side. Other former England International’s such as Paul Robinson and Emile Heskey have been seen leaving the club after having a medical, but no statement has yet been made on the matter.

We managed to speak to newly appointed Barnet FC manager Jordan Coates.

Is Beckham joining?

“I would love to answer that with an accurate answer but my guess is as good as anybody’s, I have had a chat with his agent and laid my cards on the table. I hear that West Ham have also been sniffing around but as I said I really don’t know”.

Are you aiming for mainly England stars?

“Short and simple, yes. I want us to have no language barriers so we can communicate easily and address our tactics. I am not against foreign imports but for now am aiming at England best available players. Whether that being the youngsters for tomorrow or the players of yesterday”.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01539/beckham_1539571a.jpg

BARNET SPEND AND SPEND

Barnet FC has been in the headlines once again after yet more arrivals to the Division 5 side.

Today we took a look in to the new players brought in by manager Jordan Coates.

David Beckham - A man who needs no introduction. Former England captain David Beckham stunned many by turning down offers from newly promoted West Ham and Championship side Crystal Palace to join the division 5 minnows. His best days may well be behind him but as for sponsorship deals this is a very clever move for the club.

Paul Robinson - This stunned many, especially those at Blackburn. Blackburn's disastrous season saw them relegated to the second tier of English football. Robinson the clubs joint top performer of last season shocked many by walking out on the club, with many expecting a easy stroll back in to the Premier League. However Robinson decided to drop a further 3 tiers.

Emile Heskey - Another former England man. After being released by Aston Villa after a poor season, Heskey decided he would find a new challenge. Leicester City reportedly managed to get his signature before Barnet snatched him right under their noses.

Henri Lansbury - The former England U21 and Arsenal star joined the North London side for a reported 5 million. After a successful loan spell at West Ham last season Barnet made their move.

Kyle Bartley - Another former Arsenal and England U21 player. This one surprised many of Arsenal fans after such a good loan spell at Rangers last season. But with Arsenal new transfer policy coming into place he had to go.

Jordan Rhodes - After becoming League 1 top goal scorer their was a lot of interest in the young Scotland International. Barnet paid an undisclosed fee for the man who they hope will put away the goals once again to gain promotion.

Connor Wickham - A very talented young England star in the making. A reported 6 million pounds was spent to lure the man to North London.

Scott Sinclair - This transfer shocked the whole of Swnasea as their prized asset took a huge pay cheque over Premier League football. Sinclair has boosted his wages from 45k per week to 95k per week on a 5 year contract.

The other transfers are as follows.

Barnet have snapped up Free Agent Gavin HOYTE for £525,000.

Barnet have managed to sign Mark RANDALL from Chesterfield on a deal believed to be around £1,750,000.

Barnet have managed to sign Matt JAMES from Leicester City on a deal believed to be around £2,420,000.

Barnet have managed to sign Ben MEE from Burnley on a deal believed to be around £4,560,000.

Nathan BAKER has moved to Barnet from Aston Villa on a deal believed to be around £860,000.

Middlesbrough have sold Jason STEELE to Barnet on a deal believed to be around £4,610,000.

Jordon MUTCH has shocked Cardiff City fans by moving to Barnet for £3,700,000.

Norwich City have sold Ryan BENNETT to Barnet on a deal believed to be around £2,800,000.

Barnet have managed to sign Mark BEEVERS from Sheffield Wednesday on a deal believed to be around £2,510,000.

Barnet FC kicked off their new era under manager Jordan Coates with a 2-0 win away at Grimsby.

The Bee’s took the lead through former Birmingham midfielder Jordan Mutch just past the half hour mark, with some great link up play with other debutant Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes then turned from provider to scorer with his goal on the 68th minute.

After the match we spoke to Grimsby manager Neil Woods.

”We never really troubled the Barnet defence, we deserved to lose. However we will dust ourselves down and try and get 3 points in our next game.”

Barnet manager Jordan Coates was emphatic with his side’s performance.

“Today was sensation. We had 68% possession and over 20 attempts at goal. I really couldn’t of asked for much more from the lads. We looked confident and composed on the ball and very rarely gave it away. I think they only had one effort at our goal, which shows our superiority”.

When asked if he has anymore signings coming in he replied

”I am currently speaking to a player but other than him, no. I feel we only needed a back up winger in case of injury and I have pretty much got the man I want.”

Barnet’s next game is another away trip, this time to Morecambe.

The match will be played at the Globe Arena at 8pm.

You should have stayed at Spurs and got them relegated :P.

I'm looking forward to see how the Man City of Division 5 fare and hopefully Heskey will be the top scorer.

Thanks for the feedback Hazza!! Heskey is my Mascot and star striker. :D

Sting Of The Bee’s

Barnet FC carried on their 100% win record with Jordan Coates in charge over Morecambe.

The Seaside club took the lead through captain Garry Hunter on the third minute. Barnet however responded with two quick fire goals from Jordan Rhodes (14min) and Jordan Much (18min), the pair adding to their goal scoring tally.

After Half Time Barnet carried on with the pressure and Morecambe crumbled. Henri Lansbury (47min) grabbed his first for the club since his 5 million switch from Arsenal. The match was then sealed with the fourth and final goal from another former Arsenal player Kyle Bartley (79min).

After the match we spoke to Barnet manager Jordan Coates.

”It was a good result, after a very poor start. However we recovered and got ourselves back in the game and then used the momentum to take the lead. We got stronger as the match went on which is a big bonus, however I will now have to address the issue of a sloppy opening”.

When asked if he feels winning the league is the objective he replied.

”We would like to go out this division as champions. However Exeter City who has also been given funds for transfers and made a lot of high profile signings, will be a huge factor in the race for the title. I would have to go out on a limb and say it is a two horse race. But I won’t for one second under estimate any of our opponents.”

Barnet’s next match is Thursday at The Underhill Stadium against Burton Albion at 8pm.

Owen Signs For Barnet FC

Michael Owen (32) has signed for division 5 outfit Barnet FC for a believed fee of 1.5 million pounds. The move comes just a week after signing other former England Internationals David Beckham, Owen Hargreaves, Paul Robinson and Emile Heskey.

Still one of the most respected if not most feared strikers in the game, Owen was handed another chance at the big time when Manchester United signed him on a pay-as-you-play deal ahead of the 2009-10 season. However found himself released at the end of the 2011 - 2012 season.

After first bursting onto the scene for Liverpool in 1997, Owen soon became one of the hottest properties in English football. Capped by Glenn Hoddle as England's then youngest ever player, he emerged as one of the stars of France '98 after scoring an amazing solo goal against Argentina. The Chester-born striker was voted the PFA Young Player of the Year in 1997-98.

Injury plagued Owen's career however and now he has finally sealed what looks to be last his final move to North London outfit Barnet.

When we asked Barnet FC manager Jordan Coates what he think Owen will add he replied.

"Owen is still a phenomenal striker, he may of lost a yard or two of pace but he is a great example for many of our young players and fans. Owen want's to finish his career at Barnet, I am glad that we could make that happen. We will have to monitor Owen for injuries but I aim to only play him when he is fully fit.

Over 15,000 fans turned up to welcome the prolific England striker.