Sign in to follow this  
dai smout

DAiS Invitational

Re: DAiS Invitational

I had a long discussion with Dai about the setup last night and we have decided on 3 divisions of 12 teams (3 up' date=' 3 down) format so looking for 36 total managers. No decisions made on what teams will be in it yet but open to suggestions/requests although i'd quite like a Barcelona given the chance (wouldnt we all)! We think it would be best to have a no buying from unmanaged policy from the outset and also wondered what thoughts are on a cash only setup?[/quote']

I've been in so many cash only setups lately

:P

If a cash setup is to work you guys need to figure out a good amount of cash to give to everyone ... P/Eing with one another will be impossible aswell so in that sense even more cash needs to go into the setup as manager to manager deals are often WAAAY over the top cashwise :P

and yeah, I want my PSG :P

absolutely not !!!! I hate Barcelona -.-

Haha,I Hate barca as well. (I mean to have them in a game world).

And I would be interested in this.I just need to find a place for this setup. :)

If there is "probably" list,put me on it. :P

Haha' date='I Hate barca as well. (I mean to have them in a game world).

And I would be interested in this.I just need to find a place for this setup. :)

If there is "probably" list,put me on it. :P[/quote']

Don't you have barca in like 3 setups ? lol

Couple of things ----

Nobody told me Herby was in this?!

The lovebug has caused me a lot of pain in the past (I think he cheats but have no proof as yet due to his slyness and underhandedness...)

And he's an Aussie who roots for Germany! What's that all about...?

Due to the setup managers fondness of leaks will he be taking on the vacant post at Bangor City...?

Don't you have barca in like 3 setups ? lol

I have barca on two setups,but I did not ask for them,It was a random draw,haha..And I kept them (mostly in The protege) because Barca is a good club for my rookie. :P

I have barca on two setups' date='but I did not ask for them,It was a random draw,haha..And I kept them (mostly in The protege) because Barca is a good club for my rookie. :P[/quote']

Pfft ... glory hunter !

Couple of things ----

Nobody told me Herby was in this?!

The lovebug has caused me a lot of pain in the past (I think he cheats but have no proof as yet due to his slyness and underhandedness...)

And he's an Aussie who roots for Germany! What's that all about...?

Due to the setup managers fondness of leaks will he be taking on the vacant post at Bangor City...?

I do hope for your sake you wont be making a mockery of me simply because I support France

:P

I had a long discussion with Dai about the setup last night and we have decided on 3 divisions of 12 teams (3 up' date=' 3 down) format so looking for 36 total managers. No decisions made on what teams will be in it yet but open to suggestions/requests although i'd quite like a Barcelona given the chance (wouldnt we all)! We think it would be best to have a no buying from unmanaged policy from the outset and also wondered what thoughts are on a cash only setup?[/quote']

No buying from unmanaged - 100% agree with this.

cash only setup would certainly make it a unique setup as not many currently arround.

I would like us to have a less common setup. Preferably not with a lot of money and not with Barca or Real :) But that's only my opinion... I would prefer a setup where we have to take some time to build the team. Not having an 90+ average in the first season (this doesn't mean that we have to limit the rating or transform this in a scouts league).

- Original filled teams

- Not a huge amount of money to spend

- Not buying from unmanaged

- Never been on a cash only setup... could try it :) but don't know the pros and cons by experience.

│ emotion │ passion │ mastur..nm │

with the purpose of keeping you upto date, i can share the following information.

│ domestic or cheese eating surrender monkeys │

as it currently stands, seemingly a european setup is the preferred option so far. although, as the GW will be created in an effort to encourage inclusion, i would welcome everyone's views regarding this matter.

│ size enormous girth │ built like a pepsi can

the size of the custom world, and each division within it, is subject to the level of interest in the set up. a balance must be found between allowing enough managers to gain interest but also ensuring all teams are managed all of the time.

therefore, some of the parties here whom have shown interest may be left disappointed if their inclusion merely consists of their name upon the waiting list. i can only apologise for this and i hope my reasons are understood. with regards to those interested, i have had to classify each into groupings (such as: friends; helpers; established players; and new but very interested in contributing etc) and, no doubt, some managers are going to be disappointed that they haven't been allocated their preferred team (yes, that malarky has started already - perhaps i should ask for photo's of their wives..)

of course, with regards to the size of each division, it depends upon numbers. yet i am aiming at up to 12 teams with 3 down auto, 2 up auto and 1 up via play offs. i do seek views upon this with reference to your past experiences. for instance, is a play off available and desirable for a divsion consisting of just 8 teams? how many divisions, and teams within them, would you like to see?

your opinions regarding cash-only transfers are also of importance, as is the suggested inability to purchase players from a team that has lost its manager (hence preventing decimating squads.)

│ death by banter │

for the purpose of providing an immersive world, i will create a group within FaceBook to encourage banter, opinion and reporting, and to keep everyone aware of the latest news regarding the setup.

this, along with the other topics mentioned above, will be made available to you all when ascertained.

Cash only set up would be ok, but agree with Elohim about the amount - it would need to be high. No buying from unmanaged is a must in a competitive GW.

(ps I would prefer Chelsea as I have never properly had them is a serious GW without them being ruined :()

I'm all for starting with a mid level team rather than one of the elite clubs.

I don't really want to start with a low (mid 70's) team as this may put people off the structure and turn it into another league with a distinctive advantage to people who are better at scouting talents (be they well known or obscure)

Maybe a mid 80's team, such as say Liverpool (Mr S. :P) might be the way to go.

But to give everyone a starting boost we would all be allowed to sign 1 star player without interference (i.e. others bidding)

The sting in the tail would be we would all have to ballot secretly for the player we wanted. If any people chose the same player that player would be inadmissable for the purposes of the ballot. If you choose a player that no one else has chosen then you buy him for minimum cash value.

You get 3 chances (attempts) and if you fail each time then you end up with no starting boost.

The players chosen would remain secret until all 3 rounds had been completed.

e.g.

Dai's first attempt he chooses Steven Gerrard

I choose Steven Gerrard

Bunder chooses Robin Van Persie

Bunder would get RVP for lowest cash value

Dai and I would have to make another attempt

Dai chooses Pepe Reina

I choose RVP

Dai gets Reina but I have to choose again as I didn't know Bunder had selected RVP in the first rd.

my final attempt I choose Reina.

I lose out again and have exhausted my chances of getting a starting boost of a cheap star player.

I'm all for starting with a mid level team rather than one of the elite clubs.

I don't really want to start with a low (mid 70's) team as this may put people off the structure and turn it into another league with a distinctive advantage to people who are better at scouting talents (be they well known or obscure)

Maybe a mid 80's team' date=' such as say Liverpool (Mr S. :P) might be the way to go.

But to give everyone a starting boost we would all be allowed to sign 1 star player without interference (i.e. others bidding)

The sting in the tail would be we would all have to ballot secretly for the player we wanted. If any people chose the same player that player would be inadmissable for the purposes of the ballot. If you choose a player that no one else has chosen then you buy him for minimum cash value.

You get 3 chances (attempts) and if you fail each time then you end up with no starting boost.

The players chosen would remain secret until all 3 rounds had been completed.

e.g.

Dai's first attempt he chooses Steven Gerrard

I choose Steven Gerrard

Bunder chooses Robin Van Persie

Bunder would get RVP for lowest cash value

Dai and I would have to make another attempt

Dai chooses Pepe Reina

I choose RVP

Dai gets Reina but I have to choose again as I didn't know Bunder had selected RVP in the first rd.

my final attempt I choose Reina.

I lose out again and have exhausted my chances of getting a starting boost of a cheap star player.[/quote']

I very much like this idea Fraser, I think it could make it unique and give it an exciting edge.

As for the setup holding off til after you have sunned yourself, that'll be upto Dai but I see no real problem with it.

Oh hell no' date=' I aint never doing a draft setup again ! Absolutely not ![/center']

It's not a full draft!

It'll take 3 days to do.

1st, 2nd and 3rd attempts. That's if everyone needs a 3rd attempt.

Think about it. Who would you go for? Just 1 player only. Messi? Everyone else may have the same idea but it only takes 1 other player to bid for Messi and he's blocked. But what if everyone thinks there's no point in going for Messi as everyone else will and leave him. All except 1 player.

So do you waste your first attempt just to block Messi/Ronaldo etc just in case and then possibly miss out on your main player because someone else picked him (unbeknown to you) with his/her first selection...?

Let me re-iterate

It is not a full draft I am suggesting. Not in the slightest

It's not a full draft!

It'll take 3 days to do.

1st' date=' 2nd and 3rd attempts. That's if everyone needs a 3rd attempt.

Think about it. Who would you go for? Just 1 player only. Messi? Everyone else may have the same idea but it only takes 1 other player to bid for Messi and he's blocked. But what if everyone thinks there's no point in going for Messi as everyone else will and leave him. All except 1 player.

So do you waste your first attempt just to block Messi/Ronaldo etc just in case and then possibly miss out on your main player because someone else picked him (unbeknown to you) with his/her first selection...?

Let me re-iterate

Then I like you

:D

Btw, just for the record .. Cristina and Messi .. I'd never pick em ... over my dead body.

BUT ... how have you planned to do this ? As majority of the good players that'll be "drafted" will already be in clubs potentially controlled by members of this setup if you plan on taking in 36 managers.

It's not a full draft!

It'll take 3 days to do.

1st' date=' 2nd and 3rd attempts. That's if everyone needs a 3rd attempt.

Let me re-iterate

Agreed :)