Sign in to follow this  
dai smout

DAiS Invitational

Re: DAiS Invitational

Then I like you
:D

Btw' date=' just for the record .. Cristina and Messi .. I'd never pick em ... over my dead body.

BUT ... how have you planned to do this ? As majority of the good players that'll be "drafted" will already be in clubs potentially controlled by members of this setup if you plan on taking in 36 managers.[/center']

Depends on the teams selected obviously. If it was mid rated 80's teams then the secret ballot over 3rds for a star player idea would work fine.

It's only a suggestion. I'll be in like Flint in the setup however it pans out.

of course, with regards to the size of each division, it depends upon numbers. yet i am aiming at up to 12 teams with 3 down auto, 2 up auto and 1 up via play offs. i do seek views upon this with reference to your past experiences. for instance, is a play off available and desirable for a divsion consisting of just 8 teams? how many divisions, and teams within them, would you like to see?

I think if we would like to have a totally participant environment there should be a "limited" number of teams. But of course it all depends on the demand! I would say something like:

3 x 12 = 36

3 x 10 = 30

4 x 8 = 32

The playoff, even in an 8 team division is an additional way of keeping people interested so, I would go for 2 auto and 1 via playoffs.

I'm giving my opinion knowing that I could be a name that goes to the waiting list. No worries on that dai, I get your point :)

I'm considering, however i'd like to know the exact details rules of the setup before commiting..

Is is not possible to start of with blank squads? tbh i think everyone having similar squad quality/size (at the beggining) & stadium attendence would interest me. (schalke newcastle etc..)

CV Not required I gather? ;)

Could i have celtic maybe.. dno id like stroger team maybe.. see what pans out first, what clubs der are etc

I generally like the idea that Fraser had with having teams 86-89 overall rating as the available to choose from teams with the draft type system for 1 star allowed prior to the start. I think that we should also consider stadium sizes though with teams in div 3 being allowed 60k+ stadium, div 2 50-60k and div 1 teams under 50k to give the advantage to the teams lower down given they will get lower gates and less money.

I have edited my first post which shows all of the managers that have declared an interest either to me or on the thread. We now have 16 already so I definitely believe that 36 is a realistic number to have a full setup to start off.

I generally like the idea that Fraser had with having teams 86-89 overall rating as the available to choose from teams with the draft type system for 1 star allowed prior to the start.

Don't use the dreaded 'D' word mate! :eek:

I made that mistake already.

It's a secret ballot for 1 star player. It could even be a pre-season event at the start of every season.

Id happily join if any space :)
nublet....well thats new...

infact i am not too sure as for what a nublet is...

please enlighten me?

Nublet = tastier version of nub

:P

Nub originated from the word newb wich in turn originated from the word n00b wich in turn originated from the word cat.

the setup hasn't even started yet the banter has already begun. at this rate we'll all end up outside in the carpark before a ball is even kicked.. ;)

I wont even be allowed in at the stadium !

I see that the games already begin in what banter is concerned :)

I generally like the idea that Fraser had with having teams 86-89 overall rating as the available to choose from teams

I agree on the 80's only I would be a little more "ambitious"... by lowering the rating at least to 88. There are a lot of good motivating teams, with good attendances, within the 88's. You still have some "giants" in the 89's. But again, it's a suggestion.

Cheers :)

new facebook group

DAiS Invitationals

with regards to this setup, many issues need to be discussed and developed. yet, whilst excellent, this forum is unable to support the type of communication required.

therefore i have created a new FaceBook Group to not only ascertain preferences but, most importantly no doubt, to provoke banter etc.

the FaceBook Group is called DAiS Invitationals and any manager wishing to be a part of such a setup is most welcome. it is a 'closed' group and, to ensure its integrity, i recommend also making it clear whom you are in the forum or within the game whilst applying.

i look forward to seeing you there :)

new facebook group

DAiS Invitationals

with regards to this setup' date=' many issues need to be discussed and developed. yet, whilst excellent, this forum is unable to support the type of communication required.

therefore i have created a new FaceBook Group to not only ascertain preferences but, most importantly no doubt, to provoke banter etc.

the FaceBook Group is called DAiS Invitationals and any manager wishing to be a part of such a setup is most welcome. it is a 'closed' group and, to ensure its integrity, i recommend also making it clear whom you are in the forum or within the game whilst applying.

can't find it ... I've got pink hair btw !

:P

new facebook group

DAiS Invitationals

with regards to this setup' date=' many issues need to be discussed and developed. yet, whilst excellent, this forum is unable to support the type of communication required.

Dai I may be wrong but I believe that if the group is closed then you have to be invited to it, you cannot search for it and join