Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Achievements

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Achievements have been introduced to Soccer Manager and these can be viewed within your Profile.

There are 90 Achievements in total that can be unlocked. The Achievements have a varying degree of difficulty based on how hard they are to achieve.

Each time you unlock an Achievement you will receive a new Notification along with a variable amount of SM Credits.

You may notice that some Achievements have already been unlocked and these will be due to some (but not all) past activities.

Re: Achievements

Can guaruntee this will increase club hopping 3000%.

Its a cool addition, interesting, but its going to see a lot of coming and going in set-ups.

Especially because of the promise of SM credits. Might even see more cheating going on.

why would someone have to leave a setup and join a new setup just to get some achievements? what achievements would require this?

I glanced at this earlier & altough it's all right, what exactly is the point of it.. i wouldn't be so fussy about this, but I can see why people would like it & why it would be introduced..

My club achievments are worth something but having pre-set account achievements (amaturish imo) like win 10 games etc is useless.

More clubs, More Chance of getting acomps..

i'm taking no notice of this new feature tbh as it does not define me as a manager/account holder.

SM just give me my youth leagues/cups etc already

Guest The Mechanic

do you get as much credits as the weekly score??:confused::confused::confused:

On closer inspection;

How far back into a manager's history does the achievements go?

Also, I've been awarded for many long-term achievements (eg. 3 x SMFA Trophies, x00 games, etc) but haven't got awards for simple, everyday stuff.

It's a nice addition but has, again, appeared with very little explanation.

Perhaps 'season by season' achievements might have been a better option than 'lifetime achievements' as most long-term players will have pretty much cleared up the awards in one big lump on 19th July.

Nice idea but, perhaps, the execution could have been better...

Achievements have been introduced to Soccer Manager and these can be viewed within your Profile.

There are 90 Achievements in total that can be unlocked. The Achievements have a varying degree of difficulty based on how hard they are to achieve.

Each time you unlock an Achievement you will receive a new Notification along with a variable amount of SM Credits.

You may notice that some Achievements have already been unlocked and these will be due to some (but not all) past activities.

Great ......like it very much;)

Why are some achievements retroactive and some are not?

IMO I would think that is so as there are still some acheivements to be reached rather than just have them all ticked and earned right away which would be no fun.

arent some of the achievements impossible? like buy a player for 100M cash???

every GW im in the chairman will never allow such a high bid!

You can bid over the 100 million for Messi in my main forum set up EC but I cant see many people achieving this goal but you never know:

Your Chairman will allow you to pay up to £103,460,000 for Lionel MESSI.

I like this thing.

FYI

Once a week they will calculate everything which is mentioned.

So for me that I have lots of team, tonight I won 3 titles and scored some goals hope that next thursday I'll get 5-7 credits or more up to 10 :P

Its a cool addition' date=' interesting, but its going to see a lot of coming and going in set-ups.

Especially because of the promise of SM credits. Might even see more cheating going on.[/quote']

not really, like manage 200 games in setup, manage 500 game in setup. If I am not mistaken, this means that you must manage those 500 games with 1 club in same gameworld. they should make a 5 star one, manage 1000 games. This way prevents club hopping for a while. Plus, they should make it so that you or another manager can click on the achievement picture, and it will link it to a pop-up box that shows you exactly how you accomplished it. For example click on 10-0 win and it will show Milan wins 10-0 against Inter on July 19 2010 or something like that. So makes it more appealing.

not really' date=' like manage 200 games in setup, manage 500 game in setup. If I am not mistaken, this means that you must manage those 500 games with 1 club in same gameworld. they should make a 5 star one, manage 1000 games. This way prevents club hopping for a while. Plus, they should make it so that you or another manager can click on the achievement picture, and it will link it to a pop-up box that shows you exactly how you accomplished it. For example click on 10-0 win and it will show Milan wins 10-0 against Inter on July 19 2010 or something like that. So makes it more appealing.[/quote']

Just to share with you, I start a new Gold account in March and had already unlock 'managed 200 club games' achievement, thus i think SM calculate all the clubs managed in 1 single account, meaning Gold Member will unlock faster as they can manage more clubs.

Therefore this ain't gonna solve the club hopping.....

More effort should be focused on the customer support regarding the reversing of legal transfers and dealing with genuine cheats. Not to mention the quickly becoming farce that is the concern system rather than little fads like this in which SM is ripping off mainstream consoles. This idea has no legs and people will soon ignore it altogether.

Why is it that my past records don't count? I have a 31 game unbeaten streak with my Real Madrid and have yet to unlock even 20 games unbeaten. Also won 10 league games in a row and yet to even unlock 5 league games in a row. Need to fix this man. Simple stuff like come back from losing at halftime and win I have done and it hasn't shown up.:mad:

Why is it that my past records don't count? I have a 31 game unbeaten streak with my Real Madrid and have yet to unlock even 20 games unbeaten. Also won 10 league games in a row and yet to even unlock 5 league games in a row. Need to fix this man. Simple stuff like come back from losing at halftime and win I have done and it hasn't shown up.:mad:

There not going to backdate every achievement as it would render the addition 100% pointless.

There not going to backdate every achievement as it would render the addition 100% pointless.

They planned to introduce this idea. I'm sure they didn't just get up that same day and said hey let's make achievements. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and all that I have accomplished was worth nothing? I mean I enjoyed playing the 2 years without receiving anything for what I did. But now that they introduce this I think why am I playing now? For the fun or the achievements? I barely have any fun anymore because my friends barely play the game anymore. I'm doing it for achievements basically, it's harder to even focus on the game since I have major exams this year. The years I was into it giving it my all I didn't have major exams and now when I don't those years have no meaning...

They planned to introduce this idea. I'm sure they didn't just get up that same day and said hey let's make achievements. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and all that I have accomplished was worth nothing? I mean I enjoyed playing the 2 years without receiving anything for what I did. But now that they introduce this I think why am I playing now? For the fun or the achievements? I barely have any fun anymore because my friends barely play the game anymore. I'm doing it for achievements basically' date=' it's harder to even focus on the game since I have major exams this year. The years I was into it giving it my all I didn't have major exams and now when I don't those years have no meaning...[/quote']

why are you focusing on the game when you have major exams?

why are you focusing on the game when you have major exams?

I'm not....this game is like minor for me I spend 5 mins to check next match, set up my team and leave, that's all I do. I used to be able to rub it in my friends' face but not anymore. Just look at the results and done.

Hi Ste,

My world Championship 16591 - Chelsea won 10 consecutive league games till 26/JULY BUT didn't unlock the achievements yet.:(:confused:

Should this report as bug or it will be update later??

Some achievements don't seem to be updating properly. I sold Boateng 4 days ago so that should have updated "Sell Your First Player". Ronaldo also won player of the year and golden boot but hasn't been updated. I also just won a club game 5-0 and hasn't updated. My other team also has been unbeaten in 24 games but still haven't updated.

More effort should be focused on the customer support regarding the reversing of legal transfers and dealing with genuine cheats. Not to mention the quickly becoming farce that is the concern system rather than little fads like this in which SM is ripping off mainstream consoles. This idea has no legs and people will soon ignore it altogether.

They kind of introduced them with very little fanfare so I was totally unaware of them until they started giving me SM points for them. At first I thought "how come I wasn't given points for (whatever)?" I contacted them and was informed that they were only applicable from the date of the introduction of the feature.

Fair enough, but they could of sent us all a message a day or two before they introduced them to give us the lowdown, once again no consideration for the poor old player.

Actually I'm pretty pleased they did introduce them as I recently passed 500 so headed off to the SM shop and bought me an extra 5 team slot upgrade (cost me nowt, sweet!) :D