Re: Luka Modric

modric is one of the best players in the premier league in my opinion, what he does goes unnoticed though because of his lack of goals. In the Euro's against spain I thought he was owning the midfield, and spain have the likes of iniesta, xavi etc, if he moves to madrid, which hopefully he will then he should rise to 94 before long.

From my point of view, Modrić would give his best performances if he'd move to ManU. His natural position is CM in 4-4-2 and I think he is top 3 (if not the best) in that certain position.

Yes, he CAN play other midfield roles, but in that above mentioned system, he plays the best (central midfield playmaker-deep lying-with two fwds up front).

Think also, he'll go to Madrid most likely, if not, Paris is his destination. Doubt he'll play in EPL nex season (unfortunately).

Still, I very much doubt he'll warm the bench in Real Madrid;) maybe for the first 6 months or so..

we shall se..

How good is he? What rating can he reach at Real Madrid' date=' Manchester United or Chelsea? Will he rise?[/quote']

well. if he goes Real madrid. i would think that he would probably max out at 94 peak. but most probably stay in my opinion.

Think about it. Alonso is at 94 being a key player for RM and spain. i just dont see modric rising above him.

probably stay for the next season. if he wins some trophy and establishes himself then maybe he has a chance at 94.

His best career move is Manchester United I think. He would play a huge role with them. If he joins Madrid I can not see him making such a big impact, imagine coming to a team with the likes of Alonso, Khedira, Ozil, Di Maria Kaka, Ronaldo in midfield? Players like Sahin can't even get a start. Big mistake if he joins Madrid. Well saying that I wouldn't moan sitting on the bench with the salary he would get!

Overrated already. Last season he performed terribly, my Tottenham friends and teacher disliked him because he did very little. If he moves to Real I don't truly seeing him doing well and getting a lot of game time. If he goes to Manchester United I don't see him rising since 93 is a fair rating and their midfield is the weak point(Scholes and Giggs have been their best midfield for how long?). If he was to move away it would be to Real Madrid and there is little point in theorizing other wise.

I have gone over this a lot with the aforementioned friends. All the rumors and deals point to him going to Real where I think he will do a Kaka (Kaka was good but...).

If he goes to Madrid he will mostly likely play the role Esteban Granero did last season, a No 10 who provides a more cohesive link between midfield and attack than Ozil did or cover for Alonso, as a deep lying playmaker. Grabero got 28 appearances last season, so we can expect modric to get 30+, if not all starts 9esp if kaka leaves) so i reckon he could hit 94 possibly 95 at madrid.

Obviously he'd be massive for united, and would probably get 95 quicker, anywhere outside EPL id say a max of 94 only if he plays very well for 2 seasons on the trot