The Rules

Squad Size

To join the game select a fantasy football squad of 15 players, consisting of:

2 Goalkeepers

5 Defenders

5 Midfielders

3 Forwards

Budget

The total value of your initial squad must not exceed £100 million.

Players per team

You can select up to 3 players from a single Barclays Premier League team.

Choosing Your Starting 11

From your 15 player squad, select 11 players by the Gameweek deadline to form your team.

All your points for the Gameweek will be scored by these 11 players, however if one or more doesn't play they may be automatically substituted.

Your team can play in any formation providing that 1 goalkeeper, at least 3 defenders and at least 1 forward are selected at all times.

Selecting a Captain and a Vice-Captain

From your starting 11 you nominate a captain and a vice-captain. Your captain's score will be doubled.

If your captain plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain.

If both captain and vice-captain play 0 minutes in a Gameweek, then no player's score will be doubled.

Making Transfers

After selecting your squad you can buy and sell players in the transfer market. Unlimited transfers can be made at no cost until your first deadline.

After your first deadline you will receive 1 free transfer each Gameweek. Each additional transfer you make in the same Gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total score (Classic scoring) and match score (Head-to-Head scoring) at the start of the next Gameweek.

If you do not use your free transfer, you are able to make an additional free transfer the following Gameweek. If you do not use this saved free transfer in the following Gameweek, it will be carried over until you do. You can never have more than 1 saved transfer.

Wildcards

A Wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. You can use up to 2 a season.

Playing your wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek.

One wildcard can be played at any time. The January Wildcard can only be used after Gameweek 21 starts (1 Jan 11:30) until Gameweek 24 ends (2 Feb 11:30); as the January wildcard isn't available until after the Gameweek 21 deadline, the earliest these transfers will be active is Gameweek 22.

When playing a Wildcard, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek.

Scoring

During the season, your fantasy football players will be allocated points based on their performance in the Barclays Premier League.

For playing up to 60 minutes - 1 point

For playing 60 minutes or more - 2 points

For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender - 6 points

For each goal scored by a midfielder - 5 points

For each goal scored by a forward - 4 points

For each goal assist - 3 points

For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender - 4 points

For a clean sheet by a midfielder - 1 point

For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper - 1 point

For each penalty save - 5 points

For each penalty miss - -2 points

Bonus points for the best players in a match- 1-3 points

For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender - -1 point

For each yellow card - -1 point

For each red card - -3 points

For each own goal - -2 points

Please spread the word around all forumers, the more we get the better - cheers to CFC and Carlo123 for the quick responses!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013

The league numbers are looking really good, thanks to all for joining!!

Just to confirm - there will be credits for the champion - will maybe extend this to 2nd and 3rd due to numbers - will let ya'll know closer to kick off!

Thought i had already joined this league' date=' but obviously not.[/quote']

I think I saw you in the other one, where people were automatically re-entered into last year's official sm one (well i think that's what happened, because i didn't search for it but I'm in it...).

I think I saw you in the other one' date=' where people were automatically re-entered into last year's official sm one (well i think that's what happened, because i didn't search for it but I'm in it...).[/quote']I've joined two, hence why i already thought id joined this one. I don't know how you've got in without knowing about it. Maybe you were intoxicated?

I've joined two' date=' hence why i already thought id joined this one. I don't know how you've got in without knowing about it. Maybe you were intoxicated?[/quote']

No lol I definitely haven't joined it but I'm in somehow!

Only one I put a code in for was a mates' league.

Anyway, I'll let you guys in on a secret - my current team:

Cech/Federici

Jones/Skrtel/Williams/Gorkss/Fonte

Mata/Kagawa/Michu/Dembele/Ahmadi

Torres/Suarez/Balotelli

My team -

Vorm' date=' Ruddy

Bennett, Tomkins, Kompany, Agger, Chico

Ben Arfa, Mulumbu, Gylfi, Lucas, Kagawa

Graham, Suarez, Aguero

Although slightly tempted to get Michu and Mata. :P[/quote']

Copycat!!! :P

I just put Kagawa & Skrtel in instead of Dempsey & Hangeland recently, and want to get enough for Aguero as I'm unsure whom Mancini will pick from Balo/Tevez/Dzeko. I'll probably stick with Mario though.

Tip: Chelsea & Reading play 2 games in the first week so load up on their players...

No' date=' you can do them til like 1hr before the first kick-off. ;)[/quote']Just tried it now and ended up with 8.5m with 2 positions left to fill. Might just have to drop Kagawa for Mata. Only Chelsea player i actually like. But then i want to swap Chico, Bennett and Graham out.

Woah! Just realized Gylfi is 9m, and Mata is only 9.5m.

Just tried it now and ended up with 8.5m with 2 positions left to fill. Might just have to drop Kagawa for Mata. Only Chelsea player i actually like. But then i want to swap Chico' date=' Bennett and Graham out.

Woah! Just realized Gylfi is 9m, and Mata is only 9.5m.[/quote']

Yeah Sigurdsson is way too much. Although, tbf, he did get like 100 points in half a season, so would've been one of the top-scoring mids if he played a whole season at the same rate. Gained me a lot of points last year actually and only cost like 5m. :D

Archived