Pienaar

Torres

Aguero

Subs:

Mignolet

Pearce

Gibson

Lukaku

Taking a bit of a risk in midfield with 3 untested players in the Premier League. Federici and Pearce I think are good value since Reading are built from the back

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013

Does your back up keeper matter? Thinking of taking a risk and getting one of the cheapest ones so I can get a better outfield player.

If your first choice doesn't play then he'll get subbed in but in all honesty, not really. Last season was ace as Vorm started dead cheap and was a superb back-up.

Does your back up keeper matter? Thinking of taking a risk and getting one of the cheapest ones so I can get a better outfield player.

Not really dude - like Stuart said if your first xi goalkeeper is injured your sub goalkeeper will be subbed in if he has played.

People will either go Hart/Cech/Reina/De Gea with the likes of Green/Ruddy/Jussi to balance it out - or pick 2 that will play but are cheaper - Krul and Foster for example.

Interestingly I think about 15% of people of gone for £4m rated Cerny (me included) as they think he will pip Green to QPR no.1 or because it means they can have a more expensive first choice.

If your first choice doesn't play then he'll get subbed in but in all honesty' date=' not really. Last season was ace as Vorm started dead cheap and was a superb back-up.[/quote']

I had Cech and Vorm and it was great, whenever one did rubbish the other did great (most of the time :D)

I had Cech and Vorm and it was great' date=' whenever one did rubbish the other did great (most of the time :D)[/quote']

Yeah I picked up Vorm in the second week and kept him til the end (with his price rising by like 1.5m as well). :D The other keeper was Ruddy for a long time until I changed him for a 4.3m bargain in Mignolet when O'Neil took over. Got me some good points. :P

My team:

Hart

Agger

Tomkins

Koscielny

Michu

Hazard

Mata

Ramires

Cabaye

Graham

Aguero

Subs: Begovic' date=' R.Martin, Bennett, Holt.[/quote']

Changed a bit since then :P

Chettle's heroes

Cech

Shawcross - Vermaelen - Kompany

Yaya Toure - Lucas - Ramires - Kagawa

Aguero - Torres - Holt

Captain : Aguero

Subs : Cerny , Coloccini , Britton and Barnett.

Krul, Szczesny

Bertrand, Koscielny, Kompany, Luiz, Walker

Hoilett, Santi Cazorla, Pienaar, Allen, Kagawa

Dos Santos, Vaz Te, Aguero

Will probably end up chaning in Michu, Kone, Lukaku, Pablo Hernandez, Saha though, and end up finishing last since I never do well at fantasy football :o

Joined the league.

My team for the first game week:

Vorm

Shawcross - Kompany - Luiz © - Cole (VC)

Michu - Dembele - Hazard

Aguero - Borini - Graham

Subs: Begovic' date=' Taarabt, Pilkington, Coloccini[/quote']

Loving the midfield trio - and I think Borini is a good shout

Changed a bit since then :P

Chettle's heroes

Cech

Shawcross - Vermaelen - Kompany

Yaya Toure - Lucas - Ramires - Kagawa

Aguero - Torres - Holt

Captain : Aguero

Subs : Cerny ' date=' Coloccini , Britton and Barnett.[/center']

IN : Borini, Tierney, Schneiderlin.

OUT: Coloccini, Lucas, Holt.

My team:

Krul

Walker - Lescott - Cole

Ramires - Toure - Ramsey - Allen

Torres - Rooney - Tevez

Subs: Cerny, Barnett, Britton, Shawcross

Happy with the team, I would recommend you lot get Torres for the 1st gameweek as Chelsea are playing 2 matches so it will get him more points and they are playing against fairly easy opposition ;)

Out: Koscielny (injured)

In: Gibbs

This game week should I go for Lukaku or Pienaar?

Everton are traditionally slow starters but Lukaku isnt guaranteed to start - its hard because Pienaar will start so I would go with him (unless you go Lukaku and if he doesnt start for WBA, make Pienaar your first sub and he will be subbed in - at your own risk though ;))

Everton are traditionally slow starters but Lukaku isnt guaranteed to start - its hard because Pienaar will start so I would go with him (unless you go Lukaku and if he doesnt start for WBA' date=' make Pienaar your first sub and he will be subbed in - at your own risk though ;))[/quote']

I'm not expecting Everton to win but I remember that 4-4 last season and I can't help but think there's points there for Pienaar. I'm gonna go with him, and wait and see with Lukaku a game or 2.

How important are substitutes, cos quite a few people are a really good first 11 but their substitutes and poor and they still manage to get a buckload of points so I dunno whether I should transfer Shawcross and improve my midfield? :confused:

I'm not expecting Everton to win but I remember that 4-4 last season and I can't help but think there's points there for Pienaar. I'm gonna go with him' date=' and wait and see with Lukaku a game or 2.[/quote']

good call to be fair

How important are substitutes' date=' cos quite a few people are a really good first 11 but their substitutes and poor and they still manage to get a buckload of points so I dunno whether I should transfer Shawcross and improve my midfield? :confused:[/quote']

Can be quite important - may get time due to last minute injuries or surprise exclusions.

Clyne £4m looks like he will play, Cork £4.5m too, Britton £4.5m, Pogrebnyak £5m etc etc

How important are substitutes' date=' cos quite a few people are a really good first 11 but their substitutes and poor and they still manage to get a buckload of points so I dunno whether I should transfer Shawcross and improve my midfield? :confused:[/quote']

They need to be passable in my opinion because you don't get that many transfers in a season so they have to play when your first teamers are injured, not playing, or against very tough opposition.

Archived