Are player concerns ('lack of games') ruining your SM experience?

dancpoli

Are player concerns ('lack of games') ruining your SM experience?  

1. 1.

With SM confirming they have "fixed a loophole" related to Player Concerns it has become increasing obvious that more than just a "loophole" has been modified.

More and more players are creating concerns that are unjust, thus forcing managers to sell their first team players or top youth talent.

I feel the new player concern system has become ridiculous and has taken the enjoyment out of the game.

I'd like to get an idea of how widespread the problem is. So.....do you feel that the new player concern system needs to be fixed and restored to its former format?

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=54886

Re: Are player concerns ruining your SM experience?

I think player concerns are starting to get too much.I have large squads and all I seem to do is give new contracts every time I log in.

All my hard work scouting these players and then they leave because they can not get game time.

I think if they do not do something about these concerns it will ruin the website eventually.:(

soccerstronghold.com for all the latest news and transfers in one place

Re: Are player concerns ('lack of games') ruining your SM experience?

There is an easy way to fix player concerns for lack of games.......play them! If you are not playing players why do you need them? Ok, youth talent I understand but they rarely develop concerns anyway particularly when they are in a strong squad with many players rated higher than them. It is not difficult to keep players happy as you can use 14 in every game easily and with a bit of rotation keeping 28 happy is not really a problem in my opinion. Why would ou need more than 28 first teamers?

There is an easy way to fix player concerns for lack of games.......play them! If you are not playing players why do you need them? Ok' date=' youth talent I understand but they rarely develop concerns anyway particularly when they are in a strong squad with many players rated higher than them. It is not difficult to keep players happy as you can use 14 in every game easily and with a bit of rotation keeping 28 happy is not really a problem in my opinion. Why would ou need more than 28 first teamers?[/quote']

These concerns are appearing for first team squads of less than 28 players, it's become a joke that players who are getting games are still forming concerns.

Read the player concern thread to get an idea of the issue, there is a link to the thread on my original post.

These concerns are appearing for first team squads of less than 28 players' date=' it's become a joke that players who are getting games are still forming concerns.

Read the player concern thread to get an idea of the issue, there is a link to the thread on my original post.

I have read that thread Dan but thanks for the hot tip on how to use a forum...:rolleyes::D;)

I have several teams with much bigger squads than 28 but hardly develop any concerns for lack of games at all. Maybe i'm just lucky?

I have read that thread Dan but thanks for the hot tip on how to use a forum...:rolleyes::D;)

I have several teams with much bigger squads than 28 but hardly develop any concerns for lack of games at all. Maybe i'm just lucky?

So why do you suggest there is an easy fix when you've already read the thread?

You've read for yourself that there are smaller squads than yours being punished with player concerns even when a rotation policy is already in place.

So why do you suggest there is an easy fix when you've already read the thread?

You've read for yourself that there are smaller squads than yours being punished with player concerns even when a rotation policy is already in place.

Like I say, maybe i'm just lucky. It is an easy fix Dan, it's hardly rocket science to suggest that players concerned by their lack of games will be less concerned if they play more games. I appreciate people are still getting concerns with smaller squads and rotation policies in force but they are obviously still not playing the players as much as they would like to, hence the concerns. Maybe they need to rotate more. I have always found that playing a player for 45 mins seems to help a lot whereas playing them for only 30 or 15 doesn't seem to keep that satisfied.

Like I say' date=' maybe i'm just lucky. It is an easy fix Dan, it's hardly rocket science to suggest that players concerned by their lack of games will be less concerned if they play more games. I appreciate people are still getting concerns with smaller squads and rotation policies in force but they are obviously still not playing the players as much as they would like to, hence the concerns. Maybe they need to rotate more. I have always found that playing a player for 45 mins seems to help a lot whereas playing them for only 30 or 15 doesn't seem to keep that satisfied.[/quote']

I'm well aware of the simple equation behind player concerns. The fact of the matter is that SM have tweaked something in the last few weeks which has triggered a huge influx of player concerns where none had existed previously.

The system as it existed previously was working just fine

I'm well aware of the simple equation behind player concerns. The fact of the matter is that SM have tweaked something in the last few weeks which has triggered a huge influx of player concerns where none had existed previously.

The system as it existed previously was working just fine

I don't know whether something has been tweaked to be honest but I would think it more to do with the fact that player concerns in general have been in the game long enough now for them to take proper affect.

I don't see how they can be a bad thing to be honest? If managed properly they are avoidable and when not managed properly they are sometimes the only thing keeping gameworld transfer markets alive. Cash had become near useless in many setup's (generally the GC's) but transfer requests keep cash important. They keep the game and squads more realistic but gaining true realism will never happen so this is a compromise of sorts.

I understand why people are getting annoyed but it's not like it's not their own fault. They have been about for 2 years now (?:confused:) so people have known what happens and if your player has a level 3 or above concern then you should either be playing him every week, give him a new contract or recall him unless he is a player you are prepared to lose. SM even send you messages to remind you!!

Also I bet the people moaning their players have concerns are the first to bid when a top player requests a transfer!

I remember when Messi requested a transfer in a GC a while back and about 30 people joined that GC just to try get him....how is that a bad thing??

Im all for concerns, but for me it shouldnt affect players rated 88 or below. These are usually youngsters people have scouted, and then you have to weaken your team dramatically to play them, or sell them which ruins the hard work of scouting.

I have Adam Maher (86) in many teams who is getting concerns at lack of games. I loan him out but then he gets concerns for being loaned out (Even though hes playing regular for a team top of division 2).

I am inivitably gonna have to sell him or sell a 90+ player to keep him happy, whereas I would have like to wait for Maher to raise to 89/88 then sell the 90+ player.

So concerns are good and bad imo. Now there more frequent its becoming alot harder to manage.

I think that SM has been a bit over enthusiastic with the Player Concerns thing. They seem to appear too quickly in some instances and take too long to be sorted.

Just to get it off my chest, this is how I think it should work;

All contracts etc should be auto handled by the chairman (ie the game) so that would remove any wage concerns.

Not playing enough game concerns should be handled during the close season, a player should either stay and keep his mouth shut for the whole season or demand a transfer at the end of the season. Players who's skill point score is less than the teams average shouldn't get concerns. If a player (who has at least the teams average skill point score) has played in less than 10 games (league and cup) then they should demand a transfer at the end of the season.

I can see the need to stop stupidly large squads from being amassed, maybe like the Premier League no club should be allowed to have more than 25 senior players, but as many youth players as they want.

Believe it or not it makes for a better game if the top quality players are shared around instead of all at one club.

I think that SM has been a bit over enthusiastic with the Player Concerns thing. They seem to appear too quickly in some instances and take too long to be sorted.

Just to get it off my chest' date=' this is how I think it should work;

All contracts etc should be auto handled by the chairman (ie the game) so that would remove any wage concerns.

Not playing enough game concerns should be handled during the close season, a player should either stay and keep his mouth shut for the whole season or demand a transfer at the end of the season. [b']Players who's skill point score is less than the teams average shouldn't get concerns. If a player (who has at least the teams average skill point score) has played in less than 10 games (league and cup) then they should demand a transfer at the end of the season.[/b]

I can see the need to stop stupidly large squads from being amassed, maybe like the Premier League no club should be allowed to have more than 25 senior players, but as many youth players as they want.

Believe it or not it makes for a better game if the top quality players are shared around instead of all at one club.

Agree with this

I can see the need to stop stupidly large squads from being amassed' date=' maybe like the Premier League no club should be allowed to have more than 25 senior players, but as many youth players as they want.

Believe it or not it makes for a better game if the top quality players are shared around instead of all at one club.[/quote']

your missing the point, it's who we are losing the likes of wistel sakho dzagoev de gea neymar etc, we invested in these players, there ours, we bought them years ago for the future as talents, before they have reached that talent they want to leave, the fact that we must drop players like cassiles pique villa etc in out matchday squads is punishing enough for managers that have built good teams, because we must do this in many league games..

it actually contradicts in every sense what i thaught/feel the game should be about.. this for me is a major concern, both having to play weaker first 11's & losing your future crop of players..

point of game is two things, build the best team poissible & sign the most promising youngsters.

first 11 (consisthing of say max 22 players) xavi iniesta messi etc 92+ rule of thumb for standard setups.

2nd 11 (22 again 89/91 age dependent 23 max perhaps) players like sakho witsel marin etc

44 in total, reasonable? no concerns, squad cap

Youths.....

Standards are different to GC'S.. should not have the same boundries, let alone walls.

SM seem to just be feeling sorry for managers who want to come into a setup and participate instantly by getting the best youngsters rated 89/90 etc or the best players, if you want to do that go to new setup.. if your coming into a setup thats 5 6 years old and are able to build a nice team instantly then the game has lost its skill in standards. completly

Future talents will not be rated 93+ untill they have matured, xavi is 97 but he would not have been that age 21/22.. but he wda been 89/91 for awhile.. it takes the point of scouting down a fair bit. ( a player like alcantera or canales is your wet dream and your worst nightmer, work it out why.. Don't sleep on it lol ;))

In real life you have one big league, in SM you have 10/15 managers ina setup.. thats the crux.. holding onto youths in SM is different than in real life, sure if neymar was not getting his game at barce i'm sure he wud leave, but this not real life.

poll at 85 25, it would not have been like that a few weeks ago even tough as time has gone by those who liked the idea of concerns could never have realised how much it would destroy the skill in the game and their teams.

answers ona postcard to SM @ f this s o'clock

Great idea for a thread. :) Voted.

Something needs addressing, quickly... if my players in GC129 start leaving (Manchester United I've had form day 1 of the setup) then I'll be leaving SM....I've built them from scratch.

Yes I agree that good scouting should not be punished, I do a bit myself and I don't like it when a player moans (rightly or wrongly) about not playing. The game seems to be split on attendances (tied to real world) and signing players (let's be honest, not tied to the real world).

I think it's a game and it should avoid too much influence from the real world except in terms of player stats going up and down. I can live with big squads as long as they aren't too big (over 100 is too much to me).

How about this for an idea, introduce a wage cap of say £1m a turn? Thoughts....

I do have noticed that players get concerned a bit quicker yes and while its annoying, its not what actually bothers me the most. What really bothers me is players who have long time injuries (few weeks) or who return from loan or for whatever reason return to your team can also get concerned in literally a day (I experienced it) and that for me is the most ridiculous feature in the concern system. Because how on earth can you be able to give him play time if he's injured for weeks for example.. :rolleyes:

You're the manager of the club and not just the guy who buys players from the market and make tactical changes according to your squad. The word manager has a much bigger meaning. Manager has to deal with all kinds of situation.

If you're stacking your squad with young talents after young talents then its you who will have to face the consequences of not being able to give them the minutes in the field. This is just the way life is. You cant have everything your way :P But if some1 likes the arcade mode more then his answer will obviously be yes to this question ;)

I'm new to SM but now almost finish my 1st season and player concerns do not really bother me to be honest with you guys.

My first team usually consists of 20-25 people combined with 10-15 youth players that one or two I occasionally include as my starting XI or as a sub coming on 60th or 75th minute.

I voted for 'No' - With the player concerns, Its more realistic.

Say theres players on the bench for their team in real life like Berbatov at United, they will get unhappy and want to move, if the player concerns ever got removed then it wouldnt be as realistic as it is with them.

In a spanish championship where Im real madrid my first team is: Casillas, Ramos, Hummels, Pique, Marcelo, Fabregas, Busquets, Van Persie, Aguero, Ozil, Ibrahimovic, my back up players have been getting concerns a lot lately, an they are Pepe, Badstuber, Koscielny, Khedira, Bale, Sanchez, Reus etc, It has been quite annoying seeing my youth players pick up concerns like Welbeck etc but im simply just going after play them an deal with the concerns.

I do have noticed that players get concerned a bit quicker yes and while its annoying' date=' its not what actually bothers me the most. What really bothers me is players who have long time injuries (few weeks) or who return from loan or for whatever reason return to your team can also get concerned in literally a day (I experienced it) and that for me is the most ridiculous feature in the concern system. Because how on earth can you be able to give him play time if he's injured for weeks for example.. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Injuries,Cards,Loans shouldnt be counted as lack of games,plus i sometimes rest important players for big games,so biggger players should have 6-5 games,where can be rested:confused:,like in real life,player wont be unhappy cause he cant play cause injury,red card,preparing for big match etc

I do have noticed that players get concerned a bit quicker yes and while its annoying' date=' its not what actually bothers me the most. What really bothers me is players who have long time injuries (few weeks) or who return from loan or for whatever reason return to your team can also get concerned in literally a day (I experienced it) and that for me is the most ridiculous feature in the concern system. Because how on earth can you be able to give him play time if he's injured for weeks for example.. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Would like to come back on what I said and correct it because right now I am actually very annoyed by the new settings as I noticed a few regular players who basically start every match got concerned because of a lack of games :rolleyes::o

Player concerns can be turned off by the gameworld owner as long as it isn't a game created gameworld, so perhaps people who are REALLY bothered by them could move to a gameworld with them disabled or set up their own gameworld I suppose.

I can see the point of them, I just think it needs to be tweaked a bit to turn it from a rough diamond into a gem of an idea. I like to rotate my players and give them all about 5-10 games a season. In real life, footballers are only too happy to be only called on for the big games and miss the away trips to Bolton etc.

I think if a player at the end of a season hasn't kicked a ball for the team (or played less than 10 games) and he is at least an 88 skill he should demand a transfer on the spot at the end of the season

your missing the point' date=' it's who we are losing the likes of wistel sakho dzagoev de gea neymar etc, we invested in these players, there ours, [b']we bought them years ago for the future as talents[/b]

Perhaps if you've had them years and they haven't developed to your satisfaction then you should cut them loose as they may never be the players you hope they will become?

point of game is two things, build the best team poissible & sign the most promising youngsters.

Point of the game these days is to manage... if that means folk have to use their noggin and make a judgement on whether they buy Moura Lucas or Erik Lamela as they won't be able to keep both happy then surely that is a better state of affairs than simply snapping them both up just because you've built up a pot of cash?

One scenario requires making your own call based on your considered opinion of future potential, the other means if you've enough cash it doesn't matter just buy 'em all :rolleyes:

first 11 (consisthing of say max 22 players) xavi iniesta messi etc 92+ rule of thumb for standard setups.

2nd 11 (22 again 89/91 age dependent 23 max perhaps) players like sakho witsel marin etc

I think throughout SM managers overestimate the difference between ratings:

85-90 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or excelled in a 'lesser' league;

90-95 - A player who has proved his class on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or for a top ranked national team or on the continental stage

This suggests to me that a player rated 90/ 91 can quite rightly develop concerns if a 95 is keeping him out of the team as although rated lower they consider themselves to be in the same bracket.

Equally a 88 will get the hump if a 90 keeps them out....

SM seem to just be feeling sorry for managers who want to come into a setup and participate instantly by getting the best youngsters rated 89/90 etc or the best players, if you want to do that go to new setup.. if your coming into a setup thats 5 6 years old and are able to build a nice team instantly then the game has lost its skill in standards. completly

SM probably wonder why they have 566,663 managers and only 1,051,422 managed clubs (average of just 1.8 clubs per manager when folk could have 3 for free) - stands to reason the more interesting players that are available the more gameworlds there will be that get filled or at least see an increase in managed clubs.

Long-standing gameworlds that are full are in the extreme minority and are an exception, most are half-managed (at best) "closed shops" as generally speaking 90% of the best talent (both high-rated and high-potential) will be at 25% of the clubs.

If SM can get that closer to 75% of the talent at 50% of the clubs then they'll appeal to the "casual" manager which helps the gameworld thrive.

Future talents will not be rated 93+ untill they have matured, xavi is 97 but he would not have been that age 21/22.. but he wda been 89/91 for awhile.. it takes the point of scouting down a fair bit. ( a player like alcantera or canales is your wet dream and your worst nightmer, work it out why.. Don't sleep on it lol ;))

Quite the opposite as proper scouting will now be more crucial than ever so that you can decide who to keep, who to move on, who to not bother going for etc etc.

In real life you have one big league, in SM you have 10/15 managers ina setup.. thats the crux.. holding onto youths in SM is different than in real life, sure if neymar was not getting his game at barce i'm sure he wud leave, but this not real life.

Like I said earlier; I feel that SM are now firmly more in the "realism" camp of management games rather than the "fantasy" - this is why youths demand better contracts as they improve, why a player doesn't want to spend their career getting loaned out season after season, and ultimately why players get peeved at not getting a game.

SM probably wonder why they have 566,663 managers and only 1,051,422 managed clubs (average of just 1.8 clubs per manager when folk could have 3 for free) - stands to reason the more interesting players that are available the more gameworlds there will be that get filled or at least see an increase in managed clubs.

Long-standing gameworlds that are full are in the extreme minority and are an exception, most are half-managed (at best) "closed shops" as generally speaking 90% of the best talent (both high-rated and high-potential) will be at 25% of the clubs.

If SM can get that closer to 75% of the talent at 50% of the clubs then they'll appeal to the "casual" manager which helps the gameworld thrive.

just keep dreaming!...keeps dreams, big mistake in my eyes they have them now not, and they will not ever ,ever have !....

I look around in the world standard,who are the hardest hit of all ,how many quit there every day,!!! take a look see at yourself... have now 15 worlds, there were many more world's but have guit a lot way no managers more in, in 3 weeks is more than half gone or better more than 75% IN SOME WORLD'S not without some before their players to sell to one or the other flute team - so now I sit with 15 worlds with almost no managers 5 to 10, have already stopped some where no one reads good ... well, almost everyone has resigned ,where there used to be 30 to 45 , team with more than 20 players with worry, there are only a few stay .... the new managers who have coming in, the same minuut the guit already in these 3 weeks time there is not ONE BUT REALLY NOT ONE NEW MANAGER STAY in my 15 worlds left, where all the major teams includede the big 5 are free in some for weeks.... but all with concerns too many players whit concerns or the manager before who has play for season, have sell his players too these unmanaged team's!...now i have 15 world's left who are worthless,really worthless..just als the others that i have already quit....thanks SM

with almost no managers, too many players with concerns, all the big teams are free ... no one remains .... what are my options .... dreamer! now playing in a crappy world after so many good seasons, with good managers, which is now less than 5% continued to play ..... then stop it for me too .. after 3 weeks no one came .... and much, much more that will happen, these stop and start again a brand new world....after a few monds my world maybe these sold players sit back in their team,but what about the other hundreds..yes hundreds of players at level 2 and 3 and others at 4 without a manager ,well tell me dreamer what will happed.... wrecked that they did.

so just keep dreaming never or never the will get more peopble in,the come and the go...maybe if they upgrade the game completely, then maybe .... but now if they are not careful, they can have one day a surprised that the have not expected ...you will see it just wait.

and yes it is managed a team...and i do ,but i do also not buy any player from 90+, and don't have a big team, so i don't have worry's ,only whit young players from 70 to 85....and some who has a long time injuried....don't give what others think ..but I see what happed now in my world's these standard world's, if it happed in 30 world's than also in others too....you can put these other 15 whit the trash now....don't go to wait to till there are more managers come in after 3 weeks and more....it is only gone downhill, and no team is not more the same als before, every day players are sold whit concerns to others unmanged team...