Are player concerns ('lack of games') ruining your SM experience?

dancpoli

Are player concerns ('lack of games') ruining your SM experience?  

1. 1.

Re: Are player concerns ('lack of games') ruining your SM experience?

he has played in every possible game between his loan spell at bremen and since he's been back with me at hoffenheim

That sounds like a bug to me, the game does seem to be a little more random and rough n ready than they make it out to be I think. I have no proof of this all I know is that it's easier to be random then it is to be clever in terms of game development and then claim that it's being so, so clever that it's totally unpredictable and exciting.

Just need 1 more post now to make it 100, so I'll find something else to stick my nose into.

:)

Well first, based on the help article on lack of games

1. “However, your best players will expect to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between expecting a number of games in between.”

This rule creates an imbalance to the system for SM Managers to have 2nd best players in the team. On this case, the problem exactly lies on the fact that the amount of games that the best players in the team need to be adjusted to play at least 45 to 50% (not 65-70%) of every 10 games so that managers can rotate the squad easily.

As for the 2nd best player in the squad not to have concern due to the lack of game, the minimum games they need to play is at least 3.5 games out of 10 games. Leaving 1.5 games buffer for manager for rotation and youth players.

Right now, i can see the current rule of system is creating imbalance to SM managers with more than 30 players, ended up selling their 2nd and 3rd best players in the squad. This is due to the fact that there no buffering area for properly squad rotation.

2. Prior to Point 1, how does the current SM system define best players over the rest? I have no idea how the current system works.

But my recommendation of best players will be:

Take the average rating of the full squad plus 5. Example, if your full squad with 30 players has an average rating of 88, then your best player in the team should be at least 93 rating and he should have play at least 65-70% games based on the current system.

The second best team players should be classified as average rating of full squad + 3. Following the example above, second best player should have rating at 91 and he should have played the other 30 to 35% of the game. However there a cache to it as if the squad do not have players with 90+ rating.

Again prior to point 1 you can see with the current system, again there no room to buffer a properly squad rotation.

3. The level concerns of the players on the current system is totally flaw.

Player concern should remain as the same level: when the player with concern has played 30% of the total games (SMFA competitions, League games and other competition inclusively) schedule as per 20, 30 and 40 games. Example, Player A is now having level 1 concern and in order to remain as level 1 concern. SM manager need to played Player A at least 30% of the time from 6/20 games or 9/30 games or 12/40 games.

Player concern should reduce a level: Player A should have played at least 50% of the total games schedule as per 20, 30 and 40 games. Example, Player A need to play at least a total of 10/20 games or 15/30 games or 20/40 games.

Player concern should increase a level: when a player did not play more than 30% of the total games played. After the 50 games, the player concern should be at level 5.

Correct me if i am wrong for the game count on the current system

1 game - if the player is at the starting line out of the game.

0.5 game - if the player is sub in at any minute of a game.

Also noted:

Again there another flaw on the system that you can make use of, remain your squad at 21 players. Even if you have a player with Level 5 concern, the game should have block the transfer for you. ^-^.

I think it's safe to say that something being talked about this much, is surely having a big impact on the game. This game is meant to be played for fun, and concerns certainly are diminishing the fun for me.

I understand we need them, it helps against the player hoarders, but the current system is way over complicated. The problem seems be that there is no real clear instruction on how to avoid concerns. All we have is over complicated bits of info about multiplying and ratios. If the game were to tell you what the requirement was to keep a player happy, that would be a start.

In real life, if a player were to be unhappy, then you played him for 20 games straight, he'd chill out a bit, Not continue to still be concerned because of games played last season!

At the minute, most of my squads consist of 22 players. The starting 11 all 90+ rated, and the rest a bunch of 18-21 year olds 82-89 rated and I'm stilling getting concerns with a heathy rotation going on. Years of squad building has been ruined because of concerns.

We need them, but the current system is really quite harsh, and dominates my play time.

We need them' date=' but the current system is really quite harsh, and dominates my play time.[/quote']

I agree that they are needed, that they dominate team selections and that it's sucking a lot of the fun out the game.

Whenever anything changes there will be a whole load of people up in arms about it because it means that they have to do something different and get out the routine they were used to. The problem is I think that SM have wanted to introduce a squad size limitation system but over complicated it with the player concerns. A simpler, more player friendly (we only have so much time to devote to the game) approach was all that was required.

Something like all concerns are brought up and resolved at the end of a season with any player over 22 who hasn't featured in 50% of all games would want to move on. That would reduce super squads and be workable for the managers. You could play around with the percentage of games played in based on skill points but you get the idea.

It would be a compromise solution at least.

another flaw on the system that you can make use of' date=' remain your squad at 21 players. Even if you have a player with Level 5 concern, the game should have block the transfer for you. ^-^.[/quote']

I'm not sure that this is how it works nowadays, but you could be right as I haven't personally tried it (yet).

So' date=' 3/4 of voters agree that Concerns are playing too much of a part in the overall game.

Twitter viral campaign is the way forward. Maybe if we throw enough weight behind it there, we can get it addressed. #FixSMconcerns[/quote']

surely if social networking is going to be a possible approach to address this issue then it should be facebook since there is now a soccer manager app on there. I think one of the more vocal forumers should make a group regarding this because im sure SM wont want bad press on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anything been sorted on thsi yet?

I've just logged in to see 5 of my players have been increased to level 2 concern, really frustrating as 1) I can't play them due to low fitness from their cup game and 2) They are back up / future players like Jordi Alba who will rise soon but not just yet.

Sort it out SM!!! :mad:

Error 1. Once player gets unhappy its a strugle to get him back to happy since the % needed to staisfy his needs is way over 100% of possible games. If he also gets injured in that time then u can say goodbye to that player. I was really not aware of this issue until i got level 2 players even when they played 100 % games from their level 1 rising to level 2.

So "Player X is very concerned regarding his lack of games, if this issue is not addressed the player will become increasingly unhappy and may leave the club." msg should be changed to "This player will leave your club in near future. You can sell him now or wait til we sell it for you..." since I DID ADDRESS the problem and let him play.

Solution 1. Period between concern updates should count as standalone and not as part of the "bigger picture". In real life giving Gutieres 100% gametime instead of giving that time to Iniesta should mean that Iniesta will be mad. Instead you get both Iniesta and Gutieres unhappy even Gutieres have pushed Iniesta out of the starting 11...

No logic there...

Has anything been sorted on thsi yet?

I've just logged in to see 5 of my players have been increased to level 2 concern' date=' really frustrating as 1) I can't play them due to low fitness from their cup game and 2) They are back up / future players like Jordi Alba who will rise soon but not just yet.

Sort it out SM!!! :mad:[/quote']

You can't seriously be expecting Jordi Alba to be happy being a back up at any club can you? No wonder he's unhappy.

The game is different now, it doesn't like 'super squads' of 2 89 or 90 raters for every position, it's trying to open leagues up by spreading the talent around.

In the real world he may or may not be happy to sit on the Barca bench but this is a game and it can't have one or two teams with a different set of concern rules I'm afraid.

Whoever is ahead of Alba in your team, sell them and keep Alba he's going to get better.

Decided to repost my message in this thread as was orginally game improvement thread. Just to see is anyone else shared the same view as myself.

I have a little theory that the players playing requirements rise when they become more popular in real life. As all the players stats are linked to soccerwiki, where people can edit data and give thumbs up/down on how much they like a player.

I have 3 players who upto May was quite happy at being in a squad player, with 25 games a season, more if i did well in a cup. At the start of this season all that was different, after 10 games, with them 3 taking part in 6/7 of them, concerns developed which surprised me.

The only thing which has changed is that the 3 players profiles in RL has rised, the players in question are Kagawa, kroos and alba.

These players would of been getting alot of votes since May on soccerwiki, with Kagawa going to Man Utd, Alba to Barcelona and Kroos standing out in the Euro's. i think that the votes plays a part in when a player decides he should be playing more regular, as his RL profile has rised.

As i say it's only a theory and might be blown apart by people who know the system better than i. I just think it's werid how alot of player concerns only come from players who are performing good in real life, profile rising. As i have a number of players who are 89/90 and got no concerns and the only big difference is their clubs are near the bottom of their divisons.

A test would be for people who have Javi Garcia in their side, if he started to develop a concern when before he was quiet happen.

So SM have decided to close the 'official' concerns thread and delete a whole bunch of my posts to boot. I suppose the latter move was because I had the temerity to say that they didn't care about customer service, which is confirmed by their action in closing the thread:D

Yes they are now mainly in two setups where there was not a lot of people in them at one point was so low I was able to buy quite a lot of youth players and watch them rise up from being 75 rated to 88+ moaning they want games and tbh once they reach the level 5 concern there only going to go to another club that wont be able to give them first team football and they will end up with another level 5 concern.

For gameworlds with only 10 managers in it you do end up having bigger teams and for the first time I am thinking of quitting clubs I have had for about 3/4 years due to this since I don't want to sell 60% of my team and the cash I get will be useless to me.

• 1 month later...

Yes they are now mainly in two setups where there was not a lot of people in them at one point was so low I was able to buy quite a lot of youth players and watch them rise up from being 75 rated to 88+ moaning they want games and tbh once they reach the level 5 concern there only going to go to another club that wont be able to give them first team football and they will end up with another level 5 concern.

For gameworlds with only 10 managers in it you do end up having bigger teams and for the first time I am thinking of quitting clubs I have had for about 3/4 years due to this since I don't want to sell 60% of my team and the cash I get will be useless to me.

Well now since they added the feature "Address Concerns" cash can be very useful.

You can build up a large squad but it will cost you to address all concerns.

Personally I think it's a good thing. It gives everybody a chance to play the game in their own way and cash can be useful even in very old gameworlds.

I think this shows that SM has actually listened to the complains and tried to find a solution:D