Sign in to follow this  
Magnetron

Young German CF's with potential

I am managing a 3rd division German team, and want to buy some young German CF's with potential, as there seems to be a few ready to burst through. Can anyone advise of the 3 players from the list below they think have the most potential to get first team football this coming year, and to push on from there and hold down a first team place in a season or two:

- Samed Yesil (one sub appearance last year, but somehow managed to make it onto the DB)

- Elias Kachunga (I see he scored a hat-trick against Norwich City yesterday for Hertha Berlin)

- Lennart Thy (now at St Pauli)

- Kevin Volland (bit of a luxury buy for me, but is he that good?)

- Daniel Ginczek (on loan at St Pauli from Dortmund)

- Niclas Fullkrug (got promoted from Werder Bremen II last term and got some game time, with Pizaro now gone to Bayern Munchen, will he get more playing time?)

I am not too concerned about the rating, as being in the 3rd division they could probably all score against the opposition, but more their potential for game time in the real world, and whether you believe they can make it big in a season or two (even three).

Thanks for any one who is able to advise.

Re: Young German CF's with potential

I am managing a 3rd division German team' date=' and want to buy some young German CF's with potential, as there seems to be a few ready to burst through. Can anyone advise of the 3 players from the list below they think have the most potential to get first team football this coming year, and to push on from there and hold down a first team place in a season or two:

- Samed Yesil (one sub appearance last year, but somehow managed to make it onto the DB)

- Elias Kachunga (I see he scored a hat-trick against Norwich City yesterday for Hertha Berlin)

- Lennart Thy (now at St Pauli)

- Kevin Volland (bit of a luxury buy for me, but is he [i']that[/i] good?)

- Daniel Ginczek (on loan at St Pauli from Dortmund)

- Niclas Fullkrug (got promoted from Werder Bremen II last term and got some game time, with Pizaro now gone to Bayern Munchen, will he get more playing time?)

I am not too concerned about the rating, as being in the 3rd division they could probably all score against the opposition, but more their potential for game time in the real world, and whether you believe they can make it big in a season or two (even three).

Thanks for any one who is able to advise.

Out of them, i think Yesil and Volland are the two you should definitely buy. Both are great prospects for the future (the 2-3 years you mention).

Re: Young German CF's with potential

Thanks for the reply. Do you think Volland will be a starter for Hoffenheim this season after his successful loan spell?

We won't know this until the season starts and see what systems the manager is going to use and also the injuries/fitness/form of the players.

IMO their new signing, Derdiyok, is going to be the starter in attack and Volland his partner or, most likely, his substitute.