Availability of Preseason Friendlies

I searched for this topic and it was discussed (briefly) over a year ago.

I think that all owners, not just gold, should be able to setup friendlies during the preseason. Even set a limit at 2 or something - but I think that when it is the offseason, teams should get to play friendlies.

Ideas or comments?

Re: Availability of Preseason Friendlies

I searched for this topic and it was discussed (briefly) over a year ago.

I think that all owners' date=' not just gold, should be able to setup friendlies during the preseason. Even set a limit at 2 or something - but I think that when it is the offseason, teams should get to play friendlies.

Ideas or comments?[/quote']

The ability to offer friendlies is only available to gold members, I think that it should stay that way.

There is no real advantage of having/playing friendlies, most managers only use them to try out new formations or if they want a "grudge match" with another manager or even to see who had the better youth squad.

It means that people who pay money get extra features, personally I think this should be the case.

• 1 month later...

This has been mentioned before no doubt. Cannt seem to find any posts on it anywhere tho.

I think friendlies should count for something. By that i mean the players you pick should be rated for the match. I like to buy up and coming young talent but find it hard to get them a game in the first team and i tend to use them in cup games instead, just to get them a game. Once i,m out of the cups or reach the later stages the youngsters just tend to not get a game. It would be a good way of trying new tactics to and even help with finances with the smaller clubs. If you have to, you could limit the number of friendlies a team could play in a season. But for me, the chance to give youth players a chance of a game and the possibility to increase there ratings and prepare them for first team football is the thing. The friendly option could be come a useful tool for managers and will bring young talent on faster.

So what your actually saying is, give non paying members a feature that Gold members have had to pay for. Give them a feature for free that others had to pay £10.99 to £24.99 to use ? :confused: Is that what your saying ?

Gold membership needs incentives, SM is a business and needs to keep features available to GM to incise people into buying it. Friendlies are not necassary, they have no worth, i dont think they effect morale as condition isnt effected, they are just for grudge matches and trying out new formations.

If people want to have a friendly, they should dig into there pockets like every gold member SM has. Asking SM to give friendlies to non GM is like asking them to throw money away, Friendlies are part of a package that is trying to make SM money.

And as for wanting to play youth in friendlies, it wouldnt make a difference, it doesnt show up on there profile that they played a game, doesnt effect there condition or anything. Its nice in theory, giving them a run out but there is no need.

If SM made Friendlies a non GM feature aswell, id be demanding some of the fee i paid for my gold membership back

• 3 weeks later...

You need to be a Gold Member to arrange friendlies but can accept challenges from Gold Members.

I agree that GM should get more for there money but when your mom and dad dont give you money to spend for a online game.. like me my mom say

that she not giving me money to use online games. so maybe SM could let normal users to have 1 free friendly. where they could challenge there friends.

I think that GM get lots for there money and should maybe let normal users have 1 free friendly

well thats my idea i know GM will not like it

Thanks for reading my reply

You need to be a Gold Member to arrange friendlies but can accept challenges from Gold Members.

I agree that GM should get more for there money but when your mom and dad dont give you money to spend for a online game.. like me my mom say

that she not giving me money to use online games. so maybe SM could let normal users to have 1 free friendly. where they could challenge there friends.

I think that GM get lots for there money and should maybe let normal users have 1 free friendly

well thats my idea i know GM will not like it

Thanks for reading my reply

Or get mum and dad increase your pocket money. lol

Guest the plummer

Sm is a buisness , even tho i would like to recieve friendlys on my non-goldmember account a cant see it happening, but maybe as it would keep folk attracted to sm and even a advertiser like

"Join The Best Free Online Manager Game"

"Challenge your freinds to Friendlys to compete agaisnt them"

Would look good me thinks