People who support Clubs abroad

DeejayWHUFC

Re: People who support Clubs abroad

Plenty of clubs in South Africa;)

ye but they are terrible' date=' and painful to watch, everything about South African football is rubbish

Totally agree:D

Most (there is a small amount who dont) people who support clubs abroad just support a winning team, A Real Madrid a Barca, a Juventus, dont see many supporting a Southampton, Parma, or a Getafe:rolleyes:

I can agree with that statement, The clubs i support are the ones that i enjoy watching, that play attractive football and the ones that i have family ties to.

So you cant say because ive never seen them in the Stadium that im not a true supporter, thats quite daft IMO

just to clear things up, a supporter is actually someone who watches there team on occasions on the tv checks there result at 5 o'clock will rarely venture out the house to go to a game. A fan (which anyone with a degree of common sense knows is short for fanatic(al) is someone who goes to watch there team come rain, snow or sunshine, will cancel an anniversary dinner with the missus to go to the match with the lads is up on all the knowledge from injuries to transfers to knowing the middle name of the youth players.

So Oldham Pete and Taylor8 if you are going to use terminologies to differentiate between fans and supporters at least get your facts right fellas.

Its one thing supporting a foreign team, I can see that. But 99% of foreign fans support barca, RM or United and know nothing about football. If your going to support a foreign team do it for a proper reason.

One thing that annoys me is people supporting 2 teams that's a joke. You either support 1 team or you don't support anyone.

Finally you don't have to be like oldhampete to be a proper fan. Most people have lives outside football!

You might be thinking my comments are rich comming from a liverpool fan but I'm no glory supporter, cba to explain why on my phone

Its one thing supporting a foreign team' date=' I can see that. But 99% of foreign fans support barca, RM or United and know nothing about football. If your going to support a foreign team do it for a proper reason.

One thing that annoys me is people supporting 2 teams that's a joke. You either support 1 team or you don't support anyone.

Finally you don't have to be like oldhampete to be a proper fan. Most people have lives outside football!

You might be thinking my comments are rich comming from a liverpool fan but I'm no glory supporter, cba to explain why on my phone[/quote']

Thats the best post yet;)

Its one thing supporting a foreign team' date=' I can see that. But 99% of foreign fans support barca, RM or United and know nothing about football. If your going to support a foreign team do it for a proper reason.

You might be thinking my comments are rich comming from a liverpool fan but I'm no glory supporter, cba to explain why on my phone[/quote']

I agree, i support one team, and then have my favourite teams in each league

Football quality in Albania is really poor. I've never bothered myself to watch any of the league's games , they just play with long ball and most of the matches don't have more then 1 goal :P

It's been 10 years now that l'm a fan of juventus , my grandpa introduced me to seria a and l liked juve :) .

• 4 months later...

Football quality in Albania is really poor. I've never bothered myself to watch any of the league's games ' date=' they just play with long ball and most of the matches don't have more then 1 goal :P

It's been 10 years now that l'm a fan of juventus , my grandpa introduced me to seria a and l liked juve :) .[/quote']

It's funny you should mention that, I have soft spots for 2 teams, one of which being Albanian and that is KF Skënderbeu Korçë. My girlfriend had gone away for a week and I was bored and started searching online for a game to watch and I ended up watching them vs Debrecen in the Champions League when they won 1-0 and I was really impressed. I tried to buy a club shirt but damn it is tricky from the UK :)

The other is J-League team Jef United Ichihara who I have followed for about 20 years since the days when Shoji Jo made his debut as a youth teamer :)

just to clear things up' date=' a supporter is actually someone who watches there team on occasions on the tv checks there result at 5 o'clock will rarely venture out the house to go to a game. A fan (which anyone with a degree of common sense knows is short for fanatic(al) is someone who goes to watch there team come rain, snow or sunshine, will cancel an anniversary dinner with the missus to go to the match with the lads is up on all the knowledge from injuries to transfers to knowing the middle name of the youth players.

So Oldham Pete and Taylor8 if you are going to use terminologies to differentiate between fans and supporters at least get your facts right fellas. [/color']

So what about those in the middle, who moved 200 miles away from their team for their job, work weekends and can only make 10 games a season, home and away? What are they as being told I am not a fan because I can't make it to a Wednesday night away game at Carlisle seems a bit rich.

It's funny you should mention that' date=' I have soft spots for 2 teams, one of which being Albanian and that is KF Skënderbeu Korçë. My girlfriend had gone away for a week and I was bored and started searching online for a game to watch and I ended up watching them vs Debrecen in the Champions League when they won 1-0 and I was really impressed. I tried to buy a club shirt but damn it is tricky from the UK :)[/quote']

LOL you wanna buy a shirt ? I leave about 50km away from their city and it's pretty impossible for me to buy their shirt :P

There are quite interesting rumours about the Skenderbeu-Debrecen game. The 1st leg was nothing special, it ended 1-0. The suspicious game was the 2nd leg! The first 45 minutes were boring with a couple of counter attacks and a nice goal from Vargas, Skenderbeu were playing pretty good and l thought they would qualify... Then the miracle happened, their coach changed the formation to something like 3-6-1:cool: and the players were unable to stop the attacks of Debrecen. Many organizations protested about this game as it was clearly fixed but no actions take by UEFA.

LOL you wanna buy a shirt ? I leave about 50km away from their city and it's pretty impossible for me to buy their shirt :P

There are quite interesting rumours about the Skenderbeu-Debrecen game. The 1st leg was nothing special' date=' it ended 1-0. The suspicious game was the 2nd leg! The first 45 minutes were boring with a couple of counter attacks and a nice goal from Vargas, Skenderbeu were playing pretty good and l thought they would qualify... Then the miracle happened, their coach changed the formation to something like 3-6-1:cool: and the players were unable to stop the attacks of Debrecen. Many organizations protested about this game as it was clearly fixed but no actions take by UEFA.[/quote']

Yeah, I kinda realised it seemed a real quest to get a shirt so gave up :)

About the 'rigged' game. Really? I didn't know that. I thought the first game was really good, especially the speed that Skenderbeu broke on the counter. I was really impressed by Plaku and Fagu on the night.

Yeah' date=' I kinda realised it seemed a real quest to get a shirt so gave up :)

About the 'rigged' game. Really? I didn't know that. I thought the first game was really good, especially the speed that Skenderbeu broke on the counter. I was really impressed by Plaku and Fagu on the night.[/quote']

Most of Albanian matches are not available on Albanian bet companies... they're just afraid. Players here can sell their squad for only 2000-3000euros.

From kid I support 2 teams:

Neftohimik Burgas-my local club.In my city we have 2 clubs Chernomoretz and Neftohimik,choose the greens one because we have history,crazy ultras who support their club in which divison we go,Chernomoretz are smth. like Man City(have only moneys,no history,no real fans,nothing).At the moment we are in second Bulgarian division but this year we will back at our place in First Division

The other team is Man UTD-don't know really why them,maybe this comebacks who they made or smth. else but from kid I support them and don't think to stop,of course I really want to visit their match at Old Trafford but for the moments don't have these chance

have another 2 clubs in Bulgaria who I sympathize,those are Botev(Plovdiv) and Dobrudja(Dobrich) but this is why our ultras and their are friends and at the matches between us don't have abuses and fights

As some people have already pointed out in the thread; there are different types of association with a football team. Terms such as fan, supporter, follower etc. are used differently by different people. Therefore I don't think it's likely that a definitive answer will ever come from a thread such as this. I will give my opinion, however, you may not all agree with it.

Firstly I'll give a bit of info about myself. I was born, and have lived my entire life, in a town called Larne in Northern Ireland. As I'm sure most people are aware, Northern Irish football is a very poor standard and (best case scenario) the top Northern Irish teams could survive in maybe League 2. Larne FC play in the second tier of Northern Irish football which, as you can imagine, is pretty dreadful to watch. Now my dad, and three of his siblings, have always been Liverpool fans and non-surprisingly I have followed in their footsteps.

Personally I use the term fan and supporter interchangeably, although that is technically not correct. I believe that a supporter is someone who supports a team in any form. Whether that be through attending matches and giving verbal support or simply by putting money into the club by purchasing merchandise. As far as I'm concerned, anyone that has paid money into a club has the right to call themselves a supporter of that club. I think the term fan or fanatic is used by hardcore fans who like to point out that 'armchair fans' aren't really fans at all. Realistically the term fan can only be reserved for a very small section of a teams following. If, to be a fan, one must attend every single game without fail then it is debatable whether anyone can actually call themselves a fan. I see a fan as someone who follows a club unconditionally and knows lots about their current players as well as the clubs history. A fan should also make an effort to attend some games as well as watch them all on TV. The reason for this is that in this day and age, even someone living in the same city as their team, may not always be able to attend games. Ticket prices have reached an all time high and people with family's simply can't afford to ruthlessly follow their team wherever they go. This does not mean they can't be fanatical about that team.

If I apply the above descriptions to myself I would probably say I am somewhere between a supporter and fan. I have seen half a dozen Liverpool games live but watch almost every one either on TV or online. I also spend a significant amount of money on the team each year through buying home shirts and other clothing.

I have no problem with people from foreign countries supporting teams. If the standard of football in that persons home country is poor then it is easy to understand why someone would choose to support a foreign team. As long as they actually do support that team and don't just check their results every couple of weeks then I am happy for that person to call themselves a supporter. What annoys me is people who simply choose to support the team that is dominating. I haven't really experienced much of this as most of my friends are loyal to a single team (typically in the EPL) but it does happen from time to time.

What's ridiculous about supporting multiple teams? I support different teams, but all are from different countries. For me there's a need to have a favourite, to make that league interesting for me. What's the point in following a league without having a favourite? Or should I only follow one league?

I am fan of Ajax and Borussia Mönchengladbach for family reasons, but have chosen Milan as my personal favourite. Needed to support a team in the Champions League back then, and Milan really had something that attracted me.

Riferimento: Re: People who support Clubs abroad

i dont think you can be classed as a "true" Supporter until you actually go to a game! Im all for supporting your local team:D

Im from Scotland and support Aberdeen' date=' When i was younger everyone jumped on the Rangers bandwagon when they had the likes of Gazza etc, and won 9 titles in a row......funny they dont say much now, when they are stuck in Div 3:p[/quote']

Watch this video and tell me they are not true supporters.

nO4SYk-SpiE

Juventus club Indonesia

They are singing Juventus hymn in Italian.

I've nothing wrong with people supporting clubs abroad if they're loyal supporters.

I'm a celtic fan and have been all my life even though I'm from Durham, the only part of my family that is Scotish is my Auntie. I don't know how I started supporting them to tell you the truth, I know when I was younger I had a thing for teams that always used to win, I used to collect football shirts and had around 30-40 by the time I was about 6 or 7. Everyone at work always takes the mick and asks why I support them. Even if it was because I supported em as a kid becasue they used to win, I've supported them ever since and love the club. I don't get the chance to get up there as often as I can due to work rota's being rubbish but that wont change anything.

I think people should be able to support the club they want, although I find it odd that some English support Madrid/Barca, and randomers start supporting a team like Utd or City at about 15 year old because they are top and have loads of money. Yeah, I follow other teams, Madrid especially, thats only because of the English few that went there, Owen/Beckham etc.