Cheaters - Point deduction/relegation

Cheaters - Point deduction/relegation  

1. 1.

Re: Cheaters - Point deduction/relegation

Admin just the ones i made below for now

Personly taking reputation of people does noting unless they lose all but 1 team as a result , all it really does is make it unconveinent for the cheat

Also if someone is caught cheating they SHOULD NOT be back alowd onto that same setup . Even with another account maybe you can work on blocking i.p addresses for certain people on certain setups.

Admin just the ones i made below for now

Personly taking reputation of people does noting unless they lose all but 1 team as a result ' date=' all it really does is make it unconveinent for the cheat

Also if someone is caught cheating they SHOULD NOT be back alowd onto that same setup . Even with another account maybe you can work on blocking i.p addresses for certain people on certain setups.[/quote']

This has been discussed before. If you block an IP address, what happens if the person who cheated is part of a large organisation? One person cheating will mean that everyone in his organisation will be punished (same can be said in relation to schools colllege, universitiy, family IPs etc). You only have to look at some Custom Setups to see ones like BT Setup etc.

This has been discussed before. If you block an IP address' date=' what happens if the person who cheated is part of a large organisation? One person cheating will mean that everyone in his organisation will be punished (same can be said in relation to schools colllege, universitiy, family IPs etc). You only have to look at some Custom Setups to see ones like BT Setup etc.[/quote']

Yeah, you're right... Me and my friends, we have teams at same setup and when we're at school... you know

I believe cheats should lose their clubs automatically, all of them not just the ones they are cheating with, as a punishment and their reputation should be dropped also. It would be difficult to block IP addresses for the reasons mentioned but if the cheats lose thier teams they would be mighty annoyed at least!

I believe cheats should lose their clubs automatically' date=' all of them not just the ones they are cheating with, as a punishment and their reputation should be dropped also. It would be difficult to block IP addresses for the reasons mentioned but if the cheats lose thier teams they would be mighty annoyed at least![/quote']

Then they just set up new accounts same day.

if it were possible to block certin clubs from i.p address this might work.

Then they just set up new accounts same day.

if it were possible to block certin clubs from i.p address this might work.

I agree Shelbourne they probably would but at least they would have lost the team(s) they were trying to cheat with and if this was a gold member cheating they would have lost their gold member priviledges by creating a new account. I do understand what yoiu mean just not sure that would be that easy to put in place, but then I am no website developer!;):)

Lets hope something can be done because these cheats are so annoying and spoil setups! Plus I hate having to moan to Steve and John by e-mail and PM but have no other choice if I want something done!:(

• 1 year later...

Lets have setups that are cheats only and they can't join any other setup that is normal so they can all cheat to there hearts content

Is there any chance of adding on the poll. RyanClarke your an idiot :D. Sorry, bit harsh, but really, why would u make a setup for cheaters? It's not going to stop them cheating. Why do people cheat? To get an advantage over others. So y would people cheat on a setup with all cheaters, their not getting an advantage.

Well one option would be if you find a certain i.p cheating you ban that i.p from making a new account and ban that account from that setup. Cheating in a different setup would also give them a suspension and lastly would result in the account being banned.

While one way round this is going somewhere else (eg. a library) and creating an account it is extra work the cheaters would have to go through and may put them off doing it. Plus if that person cheats on the new account the libraries ip would be banned from creating accounts.

Unlike just completely banning an I.P. this will mean other people already playing on that network will not be affected.

This is not a sure way of stopping cheating completely but will make things certainly harder and less worthwhile for cheaters.

• 2 weeks later...