.:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:. Toulouse Or Not Toulouse

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:. - Polish youngster to join Brechin - . -Porebski here seen at a training for Jagiellonia- I've scouted this lad ... watched him f

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:. ELGIN BOSS : WE NEED A NEW BIRO (Above) Latest signing Pedro Henrique needs a new pen. Elgin boss Ben Kelly this morning confirmed that the

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:.

A bore draw in last nights game Real Betis 1 - 1 Hellas Verona but still unbeaten in 6 games :) hard game tonight against Fiorentina but might scrape a draw..

Fantastic performance from Real Betis tonight in a shocking 1-0 win over Fiorentina! Pavlyuchenko scores the winning goal, he has now scored in every game since I signed him, looks like a promising transfer.

Now 7 games unbeaten :)

Don't understand the point of these friendlies since I play random teams I've never heard of and win easily without doing anything.

Trying different tactics before the season starts won't tell me anything when playing teams like Ingolstadt, All Boys, Wacker Burghausen etc etc.. With me being Barcelona. :(

Don't understand the point of these friendlies since I play random teams I've never heard of and win easily without doing anything.

Trying different tactics before the season starts won't tell me anything when playing teams like Ingolstadt' date=' All Boys, Wacker Burghausen etc etc.. With me being Barcelona. :([/quote']

Athletic Club will give you a friendly before the start of the season if you wish? It would be a decent challenge for us as well.

Yeah I'm up for it. Will probably have something to correct after the first game anyway.. just hope it's not too much I need to fix :P

Haha, same here, although we are looking to get off to a good start as we play Espanyol and with Luis Suarez spearheading our attack, the sky is the limit.

In other news, I put out a second string team and Luis Suarez out to face Guarani FC as we picked up a 2-0 victory. Suarez scored on his début picking up the Man of the Match award and Igor Martínez also managed to get a goal. Íñigo Perez claimed an assist.

We've had a good pre-season so far so I hope we can keep it up and carry the momentum through to the new season.

ELGIN BOSS I THOUGHT ELGIN WAS IN OREGON

Kelly 'conned' into managing Scottish misfits

2415429182_058fd7f44b_z.jpg

Elgin boss Ben Kelly has admitted for the first time he is an idiot.

Speaking exclusively to Hazel Irvine in the BBC Olympic studios Kelly made the sensational admittance that he had been dreaming of life in the US.

'I was contacted by this crazy-sounding guy called Jim saying he was in the US and was calling to see if i wanted to work for Elgin.'

'I took his number and said i would call him back, i looked-up Elgin on Tinterweb to find-out it was in Oregon so i phoned him back straight away. I had my bags packed, left my wife and sent my kids down a Chinese mine to work for 6 months.'

'He told me to meet him up in Aberdeen which i thought was a bit strange at first but thought he must be a successful businessman and had a string of companies up in Scotchland'.

2474928077.jpg

(Above) Jimmy.

'When i turned up i was shocked, i met this fat scruffy guy called Jimmy who i presumed was the other Jim's representative and thought the name was a coincidence.'

'Jim offered me a fried Mars Bar and a Haggis on chips, he threw a can of Skol lager at me as well...that was the last thing i could remember. I woke-up the next morning to find myself asleep under a Black plastic chair, it was Borough Briggs, home of Elgin City in Scotland.'

'I've been here ever since...stuck...alone...and Jimmy keeps on feeding me Fried Pizza! I've put on fifteen stone. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!'.

I was really lacking depth at Leverkusen, and with Champions League games to play also I have been busy in the transfer market to simply improve the size of my squad.

Players IN

Gabi

Juanfran

Granqvist

Immobile

Biglia

Chamakh

Situm

Briseno

Ishige

Players OUT

Toprak

Rolfes

Ballack

Sam

Not bad I think. I got 20M for Ballack which helped me bring Chamakh in for cash as I was badly in need of a forward.

...and I managed to keep hold of Shurrle and Bender!!! :)

I was really lacking depth at Leverkusen' date=' and with Champions League games to play also I have been busy in the transfer market to simply improve the size of my squad.

Players IN

Gabi

Juanfran

Granqvist

Immobile

Biglia

Chamakh

Situm

Briseno

Ishige

Players OUT

Toprak

Rolfes

Ballack

Sam

Not bad I think. I got 20M for Ballack which helped me bring Chamakh in for cash as I was badly in need of a forward.

...and I managed to keep hold of Shurrle and Bender!!! :)[/quote']

risky move by me signing him for 20million but i really needed a 90 cm, not many teams where letting go.. :) hope the money helped you though in your season :)

Real Betis 3 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion

"James brady steered Real Betis to victory against Brighton and Hove Albion.

Real Betis beat Brighton and Hove Albion 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.

Dorado scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Pavlyuchenko was also on the scoresheet twice for his side. Pavlyuchenko has now scored 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 matches, providing in every game since his transfer to Real Betis"

Real Betis now 8 games unbeaten.

:)

Osasuna 1 Elgin 1 - Black 'n' Whites gain creditable draw in Spain

Osasuna--Reyno-de-Navarra-Stadium-general_1069028.jpg

Elgin returned from a midweek break in Spain with a creditable 1-1 draw with La Liga side Osasuna.

The Pamplona outfit went behind when on-loan Elgin striker Hasani put the Scottish minnows ahead midway through the second half. Osasuna levelled though ten minutes later through Cejudo.

Following-up on a narrow 1-0 defeat against Rennes the Elgin boss Ben Kelly spoke to reporters 'I'm pleased, we're coming-on nicely...we've got Real Madrid tomorrow and then Girona as our final game before the big kick-off.'

Asamoah signing makes it Eighty @ Elgin!

Nathaniel%20Asamoah.jpg

When African forward Nathaniel Asamoah put pen to paper this afternoon at Borough Briggs he was Ben Kelly's 80th signing as Elgin boss. In his short time at the Scottish club Kelly has spent just over £1m, Asamoah's £11,000 fee Kelly hopes will pay dividends in the future.

'Nathaniel is delighted to be here, he's got an exciting future ahead of him. I'm sure a Ghanaian in North East Scotland will feel right at home!'

Kelly admitted that all his transfer funds had been spent and he would have to sell before buying anyone else, 'We're all spent-up now, we have to sell before we can bring-in anyone else, i've still got a few targets in mind'.

Elgin face Real Madrid tonight at Borough Briggs, 8pm kick off.

Dagenham & Redbridge are set to hopefully reach the play-offs this season. Signed 16 new players in which I'm hoping most of them will rise. Bought 2 80+ players in who are Jay Demerit and Papa Waigo and also managed too get three loans in. Looking good in Dagenham right now.

Real Betis have fulfiled there promise to fans that they wont be beaten in pre season friendlies. They are now 10 games unbeaten and ready for the new season with Getafe being there first game. Pavlyuchenko has been on fire scoring in all 6 matches that he has played since he joined Real Betis for £10 million. Ballack has also been a key player in pre season, he joined on the 4th of August for a massive £20 million. Real Betis have signed 7 players since James Brady took over, but they are still looking for one more player to complete Brady's project. WATCH THIS SPACE.

14qws5.jpg

roman_pavlyuchenko420.jpg

Pavlyuchenko the day he joined Real Betis.

Mark steered Dagenham & Redbridge to victory against Gillingham.

Dagenham & Redbridge beat Gillingham 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Medved scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Maher and Waigo were also amongst the goalscorers.

The mighty Dagenham & Redbridge start of there season with a solid win. And two of my new signings got on the score sheet so very happy:)

Josh Hammond steered Athletic Club to victory against Espanyol.

Athletic Club beat Espanyol 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

De Marcos scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Muniain was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Relatively happy with this. It was a bit closer than I would have like and it looks like the formation/tactics may need a tweek which I will look at doing in tonight's friendly against Barcelona.

It was good to see new signing Luis Suarez performing well tonight as he managed to grab two assists.

Next up in the league we have a tough trip down to the centre of Spain to play Atlético Madrid.

ecfcbadge.png 3 vs 0 Montrose_FC_logo.png

'Comfortable' for City

Elgin 3 Montrose 0

Elgin kicked-off the new season on Saturday afternoon with a resounding 3-0 victory over East-coast rivals Montrose.

The two sides went in goalless at the break but Kevin Finlayson, rumoured to be on the way out of Borough Briggs opened the seasons account with a fine shot past the stranded Coutts in the Montrose net.

Fifteen minutes later fellow veteran Barry Wilson in potentially his last game for the Black 'n' Whites made it 2-0 on 63 squeezing a shot past Coutts.

The victory was made more emphatic on 86 when debutant Slovenian forward Adnan Besic finished in style to make it 3-0.

A comfortable win for Elgin which see's them go top of the table, all be it on goal difference. Ben Kelly spoke to reporters after the game:

'I'm pleased, it was a very good performance, we looked comfortable for long spells during the game and i'm very encouraged.'

Line-up vs Montrose: Alfonso, Duff, Ziegler, Kulikov, Manyisa, Sukhov, Wilson, Finlayson, Besic, Hasani, Lebese.

Elgin travel to Berwick on Wednesday.