.:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:.

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:.

Mark steered Dagenham & Redbridge to victory against Coventry City.

Dagenham & Redbridge beat Coventry City 1 - 0 in their English Shield Round 1 fixture.

Jakupovic had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Mihaylov was on the scoresheet for his side

D&R showing we can hang with teams in higher leagues then us. Have a lovely trip up to Brighton in the next round.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:. Toulouse Or Not Toulouse

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:. - Polish youngster to join Brechin - . -Porebski here seen at a training for Jagiellonia- I've scouted this lad ... watched him f

Re: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:. ELGIN BOSS : WE NEED A NEW BIRO (Above) Latest signing Pedro Henrique needs a new pen. Elgin boss Ben Kelly this morning confirmed that the

Josh Hammond steered Athletic Club to victory against Lokomotiv Moskva.

Athletic Club beat Lokomotiv Moskva 2 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Group H fixture.

Great win for us in our first European match this season. We managed to rest some important players for our fixture against Atlético Madrid tomorrow so that's good. David Lopez, who was brought in for Susaeta, bagged the two goals to give us the win whilst Toquero, who came in for Luis Suarez, got two assists and picked up the Man of the Match award.

Next up in the group we face, at home, Club Brugge KV who lost their first game 4-0 on their own turf to Atromitos so I hope we can do the same when we play them.

Berwick_Rangers.png0 vs 4 ecfcbadge.png

City make it Two out of Two

Berwick 0 Elgin 4

Elgin City made it two wins from two as they ran out 4-0 winners at Berwick Rangers.

Following-up on their 3-0 victory against Montrose on Saturday the game was all but won in the first fifteen minutes thanks to a quickfire double from on-loan striker Ferhan Hasani who put them 2-0 after goals on 4 and 15 minutes.

Despite the good start Slovenian forward Besic was sent-off on 32 minutes after catching Darren Smith with an elbow, neither Besic or manager Ben Kelly had any complaints with the referee's decision meaning City had to play the rest of the game with 10 men.

Fortunately for City, Besic's fellow countryman Rok Buzeti, on his debut, struck two second half goals to ensure the points came back to Borough Briggs.

After the game Ben Kelly also confirmed the signing of Motherwell defender Simon Ramsden for £20,000. Kelly commented 'Simon has signed and will provide further competition to the squad...i'm pleased with tonight the players are still getting to know each other but it is important we hit the ground-running.'

Elgin remain top of the table on goal difference and welcome struggling Annan who have lost both games so far on Saturday.

Line-up vs Berwick: Alfonso, Duff, Ziegler, Kulikov, Manyisa, Sukhov, Finlayson, Buzeti, Besic, Hasani, Lebese.

Josh Hammond steered Athletic Club to victory against Atlético Madrid.

Athletic Club beat Atlético Madrid 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Suarez scored the winner for Athletic Club and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Excellent win for us, although I must point out that Atlético put out a weak side but still, it was great to get a win. Luis Suarez coming up with the goods again with Óscar De Marcos grabbing the assist. It was a deserved win, we dominated the game and I am glad we have made it two wins out of two.

Next up we have Deportivo where I will be looking to give a few players a much needed rest but we will still be looking to pick up the win.

HElgin_City.gif2 vs 1 Annanathletic.jpg

Absent Kelly doesn't affect City

Elgin 2 Annan 1

Ben Kelly had sensationally walked-out of the club after a bust-up with Tea Lady Doris. Doris reportedly had put Sugar in Kelly's tea on Friday morning and Kelly walked out.

Assistant manager Sandy McSanderson though was on-hand to steer the Black and Whites to a 2-1 victory over struggling Annan.

A much-changed side produced a far from convincing performance from the home side despite leading 2-0 after 13 minutes thanks to goals from Lebese and Buzeti. Annan grabbed a goal back in the second half but Elgin remained ahead for the rest of the game.

After the game Ben Kelly confirmed he was back at the helm having settled his differences with Doris.

Elgin travel to Stenhousemuir on Wednesday.

Line-up vs Annan : Alfonso, Holz, Masenamela, Kulikov, Ziegler, Buzeti, Finlayson, Lebese, Hasani, Leitch-Smith, Vinko

Josh Hammond earned a draw with Athletic Club against Deportivo.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Athletic Club and Deportivo in their Division 1 fixture.

Iraizoz had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Still a very respectable result considering the players that I rested due to fatigue. The draw doesn't really damage our position in the table either; the top three in the table (including us) all have seven points. We sit third on goal difference.

Luckily we have a bye in the cup, it could have really damaged the club if we hadn't.

Record crowd watches Athletic Club. 37,065 fans turned out to watch Athletic Club against Deportivo breaking the previous home record attendance.

Always nice to see.

Things have finally calmed down a bit, ppl went crazy trying to buy everyone for little over CV or loan 91 rated players off me. So had em all unavailable untill just now.

Was very happy when I saw Villa came on in last nights game for Barca and scored right away. Slowly his value will go up again on SM. Just need to stay cool before I shift him for a good CB :D

Looks like Puyol will play his last game at Barcelona tonight before his move to bayern. Well unless the kids of SM has any say about it :o

Puyol will be a top CB on SM for another year atleast and I'm just getting Gustavo and Shaqiri in return. But I'd rather shift him out now that he's still worth something.

Looks like Puyol will play his last game at Barcelona tonight before his move to bayern. Well unless the kids of SM has any say about it :o

Puyol will be a top CB on SM for another year atleast and I'm just getting Gustavo and Shaqiri in return. But I'd rather shift him out now that he's still worth something.

Nevermind he pulled out lol. Probably would've been reversed anyway

Re: Respuesta: .:Official thread of Gold Championship 179:.

Do people seriously think that I will sell Laveezzi for straight cash? :rolleyes:

lol, that's the reason why I made my whole squad unavailable for so long.

And it's not even "good" cash bids that's being offered, it's like 1-2M above CV value for young talents and solid 90+ players :P

stenhousemuir1-1.png1 vs 4HElgin_City.gif

Debutant Despotovic Dominates

Stenhousemuir 1 Elgin 4

Elgin made it 4 wins from 4 with this emphatic victory at Ochilview Park. Serbian debutant Djorde Despotovic opened his account for the club on five minutes with a glancing header from Sukhov's cross.

The league leaders though were pegged-back on 26' when Stewart Kean deftly guided to ball into the City net. What Kean could do Rok Buzekti could do better though with a fine header past the stranded Allison who could only get finger tips to the ball.

Macedonian midfielder Ivan Navstevski had been given his debut by manager Ben Kelly in this match but his night finished early after a crude challenge on goalscorer Kean.

Ten minutes later though and the points were all but sealed when on 78' centre back Kulikov made it 3-1 before Despotovic again struck to make it 4.

After the game Ben Kelly spoke of his delight 'I'm delighted!'.

Elgin welcome Albion Rovers on Saturday.

Line-up vs Stenhousemuir : Alfonso, Ziegler, Naylor, Kulikov, Obrovac, Buzeti, Navstevski, Sukhov, Despotovic, Hasani, Lebese.

Josh Hammond steered Athletic Club to victory against Club Brugge KV.

Athletic Club beat Club Brugge KV 3 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Group H fixture.

David Lopez, De Marcos and Ander Herrera with the goals, Toquero got an assist and Herrera got two but David Lopez picked up the Man of the Match award.

That's six points out of six in the SMFA Shield - Very Happy!

Plus we managed to rest most of our players for our match against Malaga tonight, so it's all good.

HElgin_City.gif4 vs 2 HAlbion_Rovers.gif

HASANI MAGIC INSPIRES CITY

Elgin 4 Albion 2

Att : 516

Ferhan Hasani and George Lebese were the hero's as Elgin maintained their 100% record.

The pair both struck twice to give Elgin their fifth victory of the season ahead of City's game on Wednesday against second-placed Queens Park at Hampden Park.

The home side never looked in danger of losing this match with Lebese putting them 2-0 up inside half an hour. McKay and Lumsden struck twice for Albion but City never looked like completely losing a grip, Hasani's double in the closing 16 minutes ensured the win.

Wednesday see's Elgin travel to Queens Park in the biggest match of the season so far. Manager Ben Kelly commented 'Its still early in the season but its a big match for both teams, a win will put us 6 points clear but a Queens win will put them top with us. We've got a fully fit squad to pick from so we travel full of confidence, i can only ask the fans to give it there all and cheer us on the victory'.

Line-up vs Albion : Alfonso, Ziegler, Naylor, Kulikov, Obrovac, Buzeti, Hasani, Sukhov, Despotovic, Stojiljkovic, Lebese

Josh Hammond earned a draw with Athletic Club against Málaga CF.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Athletic Club and Málaga CF in their Division 1 fixture.

Suarez had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

After their result against Málaga CF, Athletic Club are now unbeaten in 5 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Taking everything into consideration this is a good result. Still unbeaten in the league and we are still up there fighting with the big boys.

Next up we have Osasuna, we are looking for all three points there.

Have not really posted a lot about my Dagenham & Redbridge side but thats because we refuse to win. Most of my games have been 0-0 draws so there's not a lot to report. However, I managed to sign the glitched Wilfried LOUISY DANIEL for 10k as his age is 2012:D. 78 rating as well so hopefully they fix it and I can make a profit on it. But take a look at my team and see how many players are injured. Taking the mick a little how many are already injured after 6 games:(

HQueens_Park.jpg4 vs 2 HElgin_City.gif

KELLY 'LIVID' AS CITY CRASH AT HAMPDEN

Queens Park 4 Elgin 2

Att : 1,220

Elgin crashed to their first defeat of the season despite being 2-0 up after 9 minutes.

Nenad Stojiljkovic and Ferhan Hasani had given the league leaders the early advantage striking twice within the first nine minutes.

By half-time though Stewart and on-loan Barcelona man Deulofeu had drawn the home side level. Two goals then again by Deulofeu and Dilaver ensured a famous comeback for the Queens.

After the match Ben Kelly slammed his team 'I'm disappointed to lose a two-goal lead in the manner we did, its not so much losing the match that disappoints me its the way we lost it. I'm livid if i'm honest.'

Elgin welcome Brechin City on Saturday in another crunch match as the season truely comes alive.

Line-up vs Brechin City : Alfonso, Ziegler, Naylor, Kulikov, Obrovac, Buzeti, Hasani, Badra, Despotovic, Stojiljkovic, Lebese

ZOUMA ARRIVES AT ELGIN

Kurt-Zouma-MANUTD-290x239.jpg

Defender arrives on loan

Elgin boss Ben Kelly has reacted too his sides capitulation at Queens Park by signing French colossus Kurt Zouma.

The 17 year old centre back has arrived from Saint Etienne on-loan and goes straight into the heart of the defence for the Black and Whites game against Brechin tomorrow.

Kelly has hinted he is looking to tie-up at least one other new face as he aims to shore-up his leaking defence.

ELGIN SIGN SPANISH DUO

atletico_de_madrid_l-JOEL.jpg

(Above) Robles Joel signs on the dotted line.

n_real_madrid_cantera-1567146.jpg

(Above) Pablo Sarabia speaking to the local press at Borough Briggs.

Goalkeeper and Winger join City

Elgin have confirmed the loan signings of goalkeeper Robles Joel from Atletico Madrid and former Real Madrid winger Pablo Sarabia.

City manager Ben Kelly has bolstered his squad following the midweek loss to Queens Park.

'We're alot stronger now with Robles, Kurt and Pablo joining us today. No disrespect to the lads who have been with us earlier in the campaign but i felt this was a necessary change just to shake things up a bit.'

'I was disappointed more with the performance on Wednesday than the result, i can accept the result but i couldn't accept the performance. I needed to change things and hopefully these three will help with this, they'll all be starting tomorrow against Brechin'.