Will you be buying/renewing Gold Membership (poll)

Campbellblade

Will you be buying/renewing Gold Membership (poll)  

1. 1.

Re: Will you be buying/renewing Gold Membership (poll)

I like the new match reports (though not when my guys keep missing penalties! :rolleyes:) and am especially glad that player concerns seem to be finally moving in the right direction :)

SM is light years better than it was 5 and a half years ago when I joined and after stalling for a year or so now seems to be on the up again - well done SM! :D

no, because I have chosen in this way not to play anymore, that I agreed after reading the terms in 2011, and after the last change and now more or less forced, not because of concerns, but because my worlds just are worthless and while the on-line help is no longer correct is.

I feel cheated and lied by SM.

also find it unfortunate that SM surrounding its members to be abused, the least they could do was give an update, everyone happy.that is not done and that is for me more than enough for their credibility into question to doubt.

no company that treated me like dirt when that worthy.

I pay for it, then I think I have the right to a fair and valuable reply .. this is not given not on the forum not to my , not by a message, not by email, not even by registered letter through the post.

that says plenty about how sm think about its members.

related with the game is an old game, they have made ​​some adjustments that were useful, there are too many disadvantages than advantages but is insufficient for me to back a gold member ship to take ... this is outside the previous one.

I'm not a gold member and i surely don't have any intention to become one.

If things continue to run the same way and many parts of the game don't change (because SM don't want/ can't change them - that's irrelevant), then NO WAY!

What i don't like (in order of importance, for me):

1. First and most important, it's the new way concerns are functioning. Since their changes 2 months ago, the game is now almost unplayable for me and has surely lost all the fun and enjoyment for me.

2. The pathetic, poor match engine. It's been the same stupid, low-standard algorithm there for years and nothing has improved, despite all the promises.

3. The cheating and the fact that SM seem not willing/ not able to do something to really handle it effectively.

4. The poor and unacceptable customer service. Most of the cases they don't even respond to you, and the few times they do, it's just an automated response helpful for nothing.

5. The rating reviews are very slow and they get slower and slower, instead of improving.

6. Instead of having the above issues as their priorities to improve the game, SM seem to have other priorities, which most of them are just cosmetic/aesthetic changes, or ways to make more money.

Until SM starts improving significantly the above.... Pay money for this? -NO WAY!

Please give reasons for your answers and avoid discussions in order to make it easy to see why people are/are not getting Gold Membership and therefore where SM can improve. Other threads on topics you wish to discuss will more than likely be found elsewhere.

thankyou :)

Perhaps those who vote "no" might like to add how many days Gold Membership they have remaining and a link to their teams?

That way through time everyone will be able to see who genuinely has the courage of their convictions and really doesn't renew, or who is just having a moan.....? ;)

Perhaps those who vote "no" might like to add how many days Gold Membership they have remaining and a link to their teams?

That way through time everyone will be able to see who genuinely has the courage of their convictions and really doesn't renew' date=' or who is just having a moan.....? ;)[/quote']

This is only a link too try the other thread to counter ...not more not less.

but is you won't to know , think that everyone here on the forum know my name in the game Taison Barcellos play this game from sept 2011 and in the beginning gold...the other account is from my younger a lot brother pay for 1 year...but don't play anymore ..so i play his team's have guit about 10 team's only 5 not and all in others world 18 day's left gold and than it stop there whit that account.

Before I have it play some time ago...a lot,back in these old day's you won everything whit 2 formation ,so i was no challence anymore and that name i don't give not, not now not never ,that you know really who I'm . never once been on the forum in these day's ,so i have it guit... I work at home in the company, have my own business too,and I follow school ,last year now in Okt.of a 7-year-long training .. play this game every time I have to fill in between, but to do something, especially at night, I do many services which is not much to say that I should work or to study, I have to stay awake.

but now it starts to bore me more and more, for me this game is back on track in time when I'm leaving it. .. boring, no further output, worlds that are almost empty, In fact worse than the time when I stopped.

Meanwhile, look I for another challenge, poker ... I've tried but can not, leave the game if I urgently need to leave .... will find something but it will not SM no more, and never more,or must be thoroughly overhauled but really than, ...I might be back maybe not sure. for me is the same as I raised prices without my customers to inform, or other closing hours just changed, or give customers the wrong product, wrong treatment, diagnosis.... I'll hear a lot more a lot more than SM now.

That way through time everyone will be able to see who genuinely has the courage of their convictions and really doesn't renew' date=' or who is just having a moan.....? ;)[/quote']

A lot of people are just letting off steam about things for sure, people as a rule don't like change as it means they have to make more effort to change and to learn new skills. Fundamentally people (including me...especially me) are a little bit lazy and don't like change. It's not that I'm calling everyone lazy bums or anything it's just the way things are and any change would be bound to induce this kind of reaction, who says no to taking a shortcut when doing anything, or likes to have to put more effort in than normal?

For me the jury is still out as to whether I'll renew or not, so I'm in the undecided group, until I give the new concerns thing (this is the only change that I'm massively bothered about) a fair trial.

I won't be renewing for the following reasons

• Started playing with a friend from work (as actively promoted by SM) only to find out a few months later that i am now not allowed to join any of his game worlds or make any transfers to his club ever again.
  • Customer Service - has to be one of the worst in any game.
  • Cheaters - Every game world i have joined has eventually had a cheater that tears the entire game world to shreds.
  • No advanced player search - Even having the ability to select an exact age category would be a giant leap forward.
  • Gold Shortlist - Such a great function is let down by it's capacity. 250 as an allowance doesn't allow you to keep tabs on the vast amount of young talent that comes through in football.

I'd probably say they are all valid reasons for not renewing until they are amended.

The new score centre is quite poor, if you look at other football manager games like trophy manager, you will see the detail much better, The score centre runs too fast, even at its slowest setting. The 0-0 draw has gone, its extremely rare to see a goaless draw. Which happens a lot in real football. Iam not promoting trophy manager, but there score centre is far better and realistic, and membership can be earned free by watching short videos, Sm dont have that option, just expensive prices, which are going up with the sneeky change from money, to game credits. when my membership expires iam off, I know i will lose my gold team Arsenal, but i dont care, even if it did take me 2 years to get it. SM is a long way behind in football manager games, many have 3d now.

No advanced player search - Even having the ability to select an exact age category would be a giant leap forward.

I would like it if it was indicated which players were at external or unmanaged clubs when you search for players, would make life easier I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Also the customer service is a joke' date=' they quick to take your cash. But when you have problems the customer service is rude and un helpfull.:mad:[/quote']

You can vote for this at the forum!!!!! Search thread English Forum > Soccer Manager Game Development > Suggestions & ImprovementsCustomer Support=poor by cristianoballotelli

Maybe they change something!!!

I wasn't going to but by the time my membership was due for renewal I'd accumulated that many credits it only cost me about £5 for another years membership which was cheaper than before credits were introduced....by the time its up for renewal again it might cost me even less than that. :)

• Started playing with a friend from work (as actively promoted by SM) only to find out a few months later that i am now not allowed to join any of his game worlds or make any transfers to his club ever again.
  • Customer Service - has to be one of the worst in any game.
  • Cheaters - Every game world i have joined has eventually had a cheater that tears the entire game world to shreds.
  • No advanced player search - Even having the ability to select an exact age category would be a giant leap forward.
  • Gold Shortlist - Such a great function is let down by it's capacity. 250 as an allowance doesn't allow you to keep tabs on the vast amount of young talent that comes through in football.

I'd probably say they are all valid reasons for not renewing until they are amended.

Totally valid I'd say and are, in essence, the reason I won't be renewing my GM; I will also be recommending to all and sundry to follow suit. I just wish I hadn't bought 2 years worth of GM at christmas... I have never, ever, ever had the misfortune to come across such pathetic customer service as I have with this game. Stupid one-sided rules with no explanation or right to appeal.

Speaking of cheats, there's someone in 1 of my gameworlds who persistently cheats. I and others have reported him 3 times in the past 6 months. He now has 2 accounts in WC411 - almost identical name, same profile picture, same age, nationality and even date of birth!!! When we have reported this we are told there isn't enough evidence!!!!! Yet I am not allowed to play/trade with my brother or friends because we have used each others' computers to sort our teams out...

There is so much that needs sorting in this game, such as the chairman, which hinders progression and its just taking all the fun away in the game... Also, I have bought many gameworlds but I have to continually watch people cheat and rip them to shreds without being able to do a single thing, why is this?? If we have 'total admin' control over our own GW's, why can't we kick the cheats out?? I have been kicked out of GW's when there has only been me left in it and I havent cheated??

I used to think this was a great game but after everything experienced this year, I now truly believe that SM just don't give 2 hoots for their customers. Lets face it, a lot of revenue comes from the ads we are forced to put up with, so they don't give a damn once they've took our money, as they'll always have that income stream!!!

Such a sad state of affairs... :(:mad:

The only thing right now that is stopping me from not buying GM is the 12 club slots. Im involved in a lot of forum game worlds so it would be hassle to create seperate accounts just to stop me spending the 2 pound a month. Other than that, there is nothing else than is appealing. Even the SMFA management isnt a big thing to me. Ive never entered a GC so I dont know what Im missing there but it doesnt seem like much when reading all the transfers that are being reversed daily. SM are lucky that I cant be bothered to make accounts right now and stop paying. I have selected yes but I dont see the point right now in somebody buying GM, just make other accounts unless you want to manage SMFA or join GCs which arent that good anyway. I dont even think the gold shortlist justifies buying gold either.

There are many ways to improve this game and we can all accept the fact that SM isn't perfect. However, 1 year of suggesting bug improvement in Concern system and many many cheaters made this game unplayable for me.

I waited 1 year to see if anything will happen and we didnt even get A RESPOND from someone that will actually say, listen we know its a bug, it will take us 22 months to fix this issue. August 20th 2014 this will be fixed and we will suspend Concerns until we fix it...

For those of you who asked I have 2,5 years left of my gold account and I brought down my nr of squads from 18 to 7 then to 4 and now am leaving...

No point talking to the wall.

I really feel that I lost my precious time and money in translating this website, buying membership and worlds to suport the game, and finally using many hours to make my squads the best there ever were...

All that spolied with feeling that you are here just so that someone can make money on you based on half tought idea...

No thanks !

Enough is enough...

I belive there are many other games like this and am sure that I will bring my friends with me. You should all do the same so that ppl joining this game in 2013 will have to compeete against their virtual players which they appritiate more then ppl that actually support them...

There are no hard feelings. They just choosed a path that is not my path.

Good luck SM. I had some fun, time to move on...

The only thing right now that is stopping me from not buying GM is the 12 club slots. Im involved in a lot of forum game worlds so it would be hassle to create seperate accounts just to stop me spending the 2 pound a month. Other than that' date=' there is nothing else than is appealing. Even the SMFA management isnt a big thing to me. Ive never entered a GC so I dont know what Im missing there but it doesnt seem like much when reading all the transfers that are being reversed daily. SM are lucky that I cant be bothered to make accounts right now and stop paying. I have selected yes but I dont see the point right now in somebody buying GM, just make other accounts unless you want to manage SMFA or join GCs which arent that good anyway. I dont even think the gold shortlist justifies buying gold either.[/quote']

In your position, I would just buy extra club slots.

Id probs only buy it to keep my Arsenal and Queen's park team but with the daily credits It would only cost me about £2 or £5. Other then them two clubs I would never renew my membership the game has gotten so bad over the last couple of months its not worth it any more.