.CFC

English Premiership Rating Predictions

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions 2012/13

Yes but he'll be worth triple that in a few years so why would Southampton sell now.

Edit: lots of people saying Shaw's overrated you clearly haven't watched him enough this season has been in one of Saints best players this season and is going to reach the very top, you have to remember he's 17 his development at a club like Southampton with Gametime will be unreal, they did say Gareth Bale was overrated when he left Southampton ... look what happened there

Simple... £££££££

Simple... £££££££

If Shaw gets his head turned by a big club then I can see him going, but we won't sell him for '£££££££', we have no need to unless it was a truly ridiculous offer.

If Shaw gets his head turned by a big club then I can see him going' date=' but we won't sell him for '£££££££', we have no need to unless it was a truly ridiculous offer.[/quote']

Totally agree with this but I think the only club that will turn his head are Chelsea.

There are a few exceptions but there are doozens of english 'talents' who have failed massively.

Yes but shaw won't be one of them mark my words.

If Shaw gets his head turned by a big club then I can see him going' date=' but we won't sell him for '£££££££', we have no need to [b']unless it was a truly ridiculous offer[/b].

Liverpool are interested, Downing, Henderson (who is starting to pick his game up now) and Carroll? I think Liverpool can quite easily stick in a ridiculous offer :rolleyes:

There are a few exceptions but there are doozens of english 'talents' who have failed massively.

There are dozens of every nationality that fail miserably. Everyone hypes up a talent, and moamost will not he worldbeaters. Shaw is a much better shout than some of the people I've heard raved on here. Outstanding season and at 17. Bright future ahead of him I would guess.

Michael Johnson was tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard when he first broke through at City.. look at him now.

Michael-Johnson-now-and-i-008.jpg

Leave poor Michael Johnson alone, it's not his fault his career when down the pan. If you wanna blame someone, then it's Sayers. As who hasn't been tempted by there there 2 for 1 offers on jumbo sausage rolls and pastes during lunch, were only human after all :D

I'll just add what my partner said, bless her. " He might just be big boned and puts on weight easily"

I've sent her back into the kitchen now;)

What's the deal with Connor Wickham? He used to be touted as England's next big thing, but he's gone off the radar at Sunderland a bit now. Is he still a good player to get or a bit of a damp squid?

What's the deal with Connor Wickham? He used to be touted as England's next big thing' date=' but he's gone off the radar at Sunderland a bit now. Is he still a good player to get or a bit of a damp squid?[/i']

Complete pants, when on loan at Sheffield Wednesday. He scored a goal but the rest of the time we might as well played with 10 men. He didn't shine out instead looked out of his depth, not worth 9M. Think Sunderland got royally ripped off there.

He's been called up into the U21 euro squad by Stuart Peace so he clearly rates him as one for the future. But then again this is Stuart Peace:rolleyes:

Listen, in regards to Shaw being overrated, no young talented player is a sure thing, to say he is going to get to 95 is ridiculous, you just can't know that.

But from my point of view, I don't buy into many young players until I've seen enough of them, I agree that any young English player who has a decent spell or does a few step-overs is hyped to be the 'next big thing'.

To compare him to Alba or Alaba or Lahm or anyone else is just daft, he is at a very different stage of his career to them. All I know is that I have watched him play 20 games this season, and I watched Gareth Bale play about 15/16 games for Southampton when he was also a 17 year-old left-back. Everyone was hugely excited about Bale and it was clear to see he had huge potential, but at this same stage of his career, Shaw is head and shoulders above where Bale was. I'm not saying he will be as good as or better than Bale, I'm not saying he'll be the best LB in the world or he'll be the new Lahm or any of that, all I know is - that is very exciting.

Luke Shaw is a terrific talent. Even at the tender age of 17 he has been quite arguably in the top 4-5 Left Backs in the country' date=' great going forward decent cross, intelligent and learning defensively all the time.

I dont go for the overhype but this kid has all the tools and I will be astonished if he dont reach 90+.

will sturridge get a rise after his good form since moving to Liverpool

Most definetley.

Been fantastic since he joined, eleven goals in fifteen games and I would be astonished if he dont get a rise.

And you think at Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea he will rise to 94/95?? Don't make me laugh. Their best players (who have been performing consistently on a long-term basis) are only 93 rated.

He could maybe hit 94/95 if he moves to Real/Barca/Bayern. That is a BIG IF. You're second guessing at how a player progresses.

Michael Johnson was tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard when he first broke through at City.. look at him now.

Just another over-hyped English player. His maximum potential from what i have seen is 90/91.

1 - Liverpool when they were on top of the world in 04-09' date=' had at least 4/5 players reach 94/95 very easily. Lets not forget, even SM acknowledge that Liverpool are a much bigger club then say Real and Barca as you mention.

In time, Liverpool will eventually be the best club on the planet for another 6-10 years period.

2 - Either way, SM should be rating on an individual player, not their clubs status, as that defeats the object of the game, of what SM is all about to its players.

3 - I never knew who Johnson was, let alone rate him.

I have known who Shaw was, even before the beginning of this season, and 90% of the world does.

P.S. the only young english player in the world right now, capable of being the 'Next Steven Gerrard' is Ross Barkley. Simple as that. No other young English CM comes close.

He can be the best LB in the world but he will never reach a 94 rating in Liverpool.Unless he scores 20 goals per season as a LB

EDIT: Kirky already said..Another overhyped english prospect.Every decent english prospect is hyped like the next future best footballer and they aren't even a half from what media wants you to believe.Shaw is decent but he'll never become the best.There are young LBs who are already winning trophies and till he'll prove himself(if he will ever do that) more talented LBs will appear...so keep dreaming Commander.

1 - When Liverpool start to dominate world football again, the players will easily reach 93, then it's a question of pushing on for 94's, 95's and 96's.

2 - Lets not forget, the inflation of ratings 6 years from now in SM will be deepened and increased mate.

3 - I rarely take a pinch of salt from the Media, let alone Vinegar.

I have seen Shaw with my own goggles to believe he in SM terms can reach the heights of 93/94/95 within the next 6/7 years very very easily, with solid, increased progression in his game.

4 - Who's a more talented u18 LB on the planet then Luke Shaw right now?? He is untouchable if an U18 world XI was to be made right now. He'd probably be Captain too.

5 - Keep dreaming calling me Commander all the time, for some unknown stupid reason mate. You need to stop trolling hard.

Hes contracted for the next few years and there ambition is to be in Europe within that time scale.

He's a Chelsea fan and will only move in the next few season if saints go down which is very unlikely' date=' Not a chance he will want to move to Liverpool Imo if Chelsea come in for him. Also unless you've not been informed TWITTER isn't always the be all and end all of transfers with it's in the know agents :rolleyes:

I follow him on twitter and have for most of the season I have never seen him say this, plus he's never talked about wanting to move...

[center']It's just all about Southamptons chairmans pricing, and whether it's reasonable, or they play hard ball.[/center]

It's not the pricing it's that they don't need to sell financially they are sound and are in a position where the magority of there players are on long term contracts they have enough cash some reporting around 40M to bring in players this summer, Along with that Cortese has made it clear with the ambition of the club players won't be leaving unless 1. they really want to and cause disruption. 2. Someone comes in and pays a stupid fee.

Yes but he'll be worth triple that in a few years so why would Southampton sell now.

Edit: lots of people saying Shaw's overrated you clearly haven't watched him enough this season has been in one of Saints best players this season and is going to reach the very top, you have to remember he's 17 his development at a club like Southampton with Gametime will be unreal, they did say Gareth Bale was overrated when he left Southampton ... look what happened there

Chelsea i dont believe will come in for him, whereas Liverpool have indicated all signs to sign him, under the British policy. Chalobah and McCechran are unhappy with Chelsea management for lack of games, why would Shaw join them now.

And if Liverpool were to sign Shaw now e.g. for £12m, there's no chance Chelsea will ever have the chance to sign him, when he's on top notch wages, winning league titles and on top of the world.

Bale is Welsh' date=' not English mate. Big difference. ;)

P.S. Shaw is not one of the dozens, and the majority of exceptions, are 90% of the time out of the Southampton academy too. ;)

Liverpool are interested, Downing, Henderson (who is starting to pick his game up now) and Carroll? I think Liverpool can quite easily stick in a ridiculous offer :rolleyes:

For sure, once Liverpool come in all guns blazing, its very rare a club can hold out for a player, such is the pulling power of giants Liverpool FC.

£12-15m will do the trick this summer and most likely trigger Shaws release clause.B)

1 - Liverpool when they were on top of the world in 04-09' date=' had at least 4/5 players reach 94/95 very easily. Lets not forget, even SM acknowledge that Liverpool are a much bigger club then say Real and Barca as you mention.

In time, Liverpool will eventually be the best club on the planet for another 6-10 years period.

2 - Either way, SM should be rating on an individual player, not their clubs status, as that defeats the object of the game, of what SM is all about to its players.

3 - I never knew who Johnson was, let alone rate him.

I have known who Shaw was, even before the beginning of this season, and 90% of the world does.

P.S. the only young english player in the world right now, capable of being the 'Next Steven Gerrard' is Ross Barkley. Simple as that. No other young English CM comes close.

1 - When Liverpool start to dominate world football again, the players will easily reach 93, then it's a question of pushing on for 94's, 95's and 96's.

2 - Lets not forget, the inflation of ratings 6 years from now in SM will be deepened and increased mate.

3 - I rarely take a pinch of salt from the Media, let alone Vinegar.

I have seen Shaw with my own goggles to believe he in SM terms can reach the heights of 93/94/95 within the next 6/7 years very very easily, with solid, increased progression in his game.

4 - Who's a more talented u18 LB on the planet then Luke Shaw right now?? He is untouchable if an U18 world XI was to be made right now. He'd probably be Captain too.

5 - Keep dreaming calling me Commander all the time, for some unknown stupid reason mate. You need to stop trolling hard.

Chelsea i dont believe will come in for him, whereas Liverpool have indicated all signs to sign him, under the British policy. Chalobah and McCechran are unhappy with Chelsea management for lack of games, why would Shaw join them now.

And if Liverpool were to sign Shaw now e.g. for £12m, there's no chance Chelsea will ever have the chance to sign him, when he's on top notch wages, winning league titles and on top of the world.

[b']Bale is Welsh, not English mate. Big difference. ;)[/b]

P.S. Shaw is not one of the dozens, and the majority of exceptions, are 90% of the time out of the Southampton academy too. ;)

For sure, once Liverpool come in all guns blazing, its very rare a club can hold out for a player, such is the pulling power of giants Liverpool FC.

£12-15m will do the trick this summer and most likely trigger Shaws release clause.B)

Did I said something about Bale in that post?You blind,commander?

Theres no doubt Shaw is a talent as i capable of 94/95 rating. But tons of players have had this tag and very few get there. what ive seen of shaw he is a fantastic LB at the age he is can become a world class player.

Main issue is with english players is the pressure put on the players, like with Michael Johnson. Those who saw Johnson when he first broke into Man city squad knew he had talent, no question. Injuries and the pressure got to him.

Some say Rooney hadnt lived up to his hype when he was 17/18 and first joined united (i'd have to agree) and he reached 96 at one point.

oh and cant see Shaw leaving Soton (future looks great), especially for Liverpool.

Theres no doubt Shaw is a talent as i capable of 94/95 rating. But tons of players have had this tag and very few get there. what ive seen of shaw he is a fantastic LB at the age he is can become a world class player.

Main issue is with english players is the pressure put on the players' date=' like with Michael Johnson. Those who saw Johnson when he first broke into Man city squad knew he had talent, no question. Injuries and the pressure got to him.

Some say Rooney hadnt lived up to his hype when he was 17/18 and first joined united (i'd have to agree) and he reached 96 at one point.

oh and cant see Shaw leaving Soton (future looks great), especially for Liverpool.[/quote']

agree with your first points mate.

On your last point, if your saying Southampton has a bigger future than Liverpool ahead, then well...okkk.......lol:D

Luke Shaw is a terrific talent. Even at the tender age of 17 he has been quite arguably in the top 4-5 Left Backs in the country' date=' great going forward decent cross, intelligent and learning defensively all the time.

I dont go for the overhype but this kid has all the tools and I will be astonished if he dont reach 90+.[/quote']

I seem to remember we had an argument on Alaba's position as one of the top 3 LBs in the world before, I said basically the same as you did here but you were very sceptical ;)

agree with your first points mate.

On your last point' date=' if your saying Southampton has a bigger future than Liverpool ahead, then well...okkk.......lol:D[/quote']

didnt say they have a better future than liverpool. just saying they have some good young talent, and now they're in the prem they can keep it. imagine if they kept: Bale, Walcott and Ox among others.

I seem to remember we had an argument on Alaba's position as one of the top 3 LBs in the world before' date=' I said basically the same as you did here but you were very sceptical ;)[/quote']

Not at all, at the time Alaba couldn't get in the Bayern side, and at the time of the argument he certainly was to one of the best LB in the world.

I still think he is fantastic going forward, but still has a bit to learn defensively it just gets covered up because Bayern dominate games with such ease most of the time he never gets a chance to be really tested.

I am old school in the sense that first and foremost I want my defenders to be just that great defenders first and foremost however the modern game don't put as much emphasis on defending as it should.

Anyhow off topic and I concede he has improved rapidly since our debate but still think he has a bit to learn defensively when I have seen him his positional sense can be a bit wayward at times.

Anyhow he don't play in England so don't be cheeky ;):)

For sure' date=' once Liverpool come in all guns blazing, its very rare a club can hold out for a player, such is the pulling power of giants Liverpool FC.

£12-15m will do the trick this summer and most likely trigger Shaws release clause.B)[/quote']

Your Bias is unreal Liverpool have lost there power in the transfer Market proven by losing key targets over the past few windows e.g Gaston Ramirez to Southampton... there pull really isn't as much as it once was. Your point about Chelsea having a bad time with Youth is correct there awful at bringing youth through and there youth normally moves to other clubs and do well (Cork at Southampton). That is why Chelsea are a buying club and will be looking for Cole's long term replacement in the next few years, with Shaw being a Chelsea supporter there the favorites. From what I know and having followed a few southampton based journalists on twitter there is no release clause he's only just moved onto a pro contract for god sake really don't expect him to be having many clauses in there.

There's no point talking about his future rating only really worth talking about his ratings for the foreseeable future e.g next season injury's and other scenario's could happen stunting his growth or ending his career all together.

As for Michael Johnson his situation was he was a very promising talent at the start of his career but there a more reason than he just lost his spark, he had a serious knee injury, the wages he was on and the long term of his contract and have heard people to say it made him arrogant and not make effort he also had off the pitch issues : "following his release from Manchester City, he revealed that he that had been under treatment for several years by The Priory Clinic for mental health problems. Johnson added that he "would be grateful if I could now be left alone to live the rest of my life." He's a rare case IMO.

Benteke 89/90 at end of season ?

Scoring well' date=' could potentially move bigger club..

Worth investing 6 million in the long run ?

Cheers[/quote']

89 max unless he moves, but absolutley worth buying only 22 ans smashing it

Your Bias is unreal Liverpool have lost there power in the transfer Market proven by losing key targets over the past few windows e.g Gaston Ramirez to Southampton... there pull really isn't as much as it once was. Your point about Chelsea having a bad time with Youth is correct there awful at bringing youth through and there youth normally moves to other clubs and do well (Cork at Southampton). That is why Chelsea are a buying club and will be looking for Cole's long term replacement in the next few years' date=' with Shaw being a Chelsea supporter there the favorites. From what I know and having followed a few southampton based journalists on twitter there is no release clause he's only just moved onto a pro contract for god sake really don't expect him to be having many clauses in there.

There's no point talking about his future rating only really worth talking about his ratings for the foreseeable future e.g next season injury's and other scenario's could happen stunting his growth or ending his career all together.

.[/quote']

I dont think he chose Southampton over Liverpool, chances are Liverpool didnt even bid as they couldnt afford him. If they had the money he would have chosen Liverpool. Agree with the rest though.

I dont think he chose Southampton over Liverpool' date=' chances are Liverpool didnt even bid as they couldnt afford him. If they had the money he would have chosen Liverpool. Agree with the rest though.[/quote']

I'm pretty certain you did, there was lots of shocked Liverpool fans and pundits when he signed for Saints over Liverpool. People like Lawro who came out and said he'd defiantly be a liverpool player, He's come out in the press before and said he choose southampton over other clubs and you and spurs we're the only other two to be really linked at the time. I wouldn't agree that you couldn't afford him considering you spent just spent a similar amount on Borini, and brought players for around that amount later in the year. That's just my opinion they seemed much more than rumors at the time.

I'm pretty certain you did' date=' there was lots of shocked Liverpool fans and pundits when he signed for Saints over Liverpool. People like Lawro who came out and said he'd defiantly be a liverpool player, He's come out in the press before and said he choose southampton over other clubs and you and spurs we're the only other two to be really linked at the time. I wouldn't agree that you couldn't afford him considering you spent just spent a similar amount on Borini, and brought players for around that amount later in the year. That's just my opinion they seemed much more than rumors at the time.[/quote']

We didn't have the money to buy Dempsey for 6m yet alone purchase Ramirez for 12m, Borini was done a long time before the Ramirez deal was done.

We didn't have the cash so no we didn't bid for him and TBH nothing I have seen of him makes me think we should be gutted at losing out on his services, especially That price

Just have to make do with Coutinho to play that position instead.....

Anyone who thinks Ramirez picked Southampton over Liverpool is very naive. Liverpool never put the money on the table which is why he stalled for so long before signing for Saints. Seems to me at that price he didn't have any other options..