English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

Agreed. Another example of how silly the SM rating system is. Barkley shoud have got 89.

I seriously hope you're joking. Barkley got his deserved +2, but anything more would be an absolute joke. A couple of good matches doesn't result in a sudden 89 rating. I'm surprised about the Deulofeu rise as well. He's had some good games, but some absolute shockers too. IMO not yet deserving of his 87 rating.

On another note, giving Deulofeu an 87 rates him higher than Sterling and Januzaj, which is complete nonsense. Both Sterling and Januzaj, especially the latter, have had a much more significant impact on their respective team.

This is the problem with SM ratings - they are far too slow to respond to reality. If Januzaj was increased to 90 I don't think many would argue.

957 minutes in the league[3 goals], 230 minutes in domestic cups, 90 minutes in the Champs league.

And you think this warrants a 90 rating for a 18yold kid just starting his career??

I would like to know what do you put in your cornflakes ?

This is the problem with SM ratings - they are far too slow to respond to reality. If Januzaj was increased to 90 I don't think many would argue.

As talented as Januzaj is, he shouldn't get a 90 rating this season. That said, SM's love story with Neymar just shows that anything is possible nowadays, although it would be an incredible injustice on the other, more established players in the world.

The SM rating system is slow but effective. Yeah, I'd argue that Adnan probably should have got a bigger rise based on his influence and growing status as a first team starter but... 90? Hell, he's only played a handful of games and if Man Utd had been playing as a team as well as they did under Fergie his performances would not have stood out as much as they do now.

Barkley is a tough one, but considering he's played about less games than Townsend in the top level, and about as many (less impressive) England appearances, it's faaar too soon to be talking 89 or more. 88 is debateable.

Despite the schedules and ad-hoc update changes, it's still very much the case that SM rewards consistency over time rather than ZOMG NEW SUPERSTAR hype that surrounds some players. It's far harsher to rate a player highly, then drop them down if they're overhyped, than it is simply to increase them slowly as they prove themselves week-in-week-out.

As talented as Januzaj is' date=' he shouldn't get a 90 rating this season. That said, SM's love story with Neymar just shows that anything is possible nowadays, although it would be an incredible injustice on the other, more established players in the world.[/quote']

Neymar was first choice for Santos and was playing for Brazil too, there was hype yes but it isnt comparable to Januzaj really.

The SM rating system is slow but effective. Yeah' date=' I'd argue that Adnan probably should have got a bigger rise based on his influence and growing status as a first team starter but... 90? Hell, he's only played a handful of games and if Man Utd had been playing as a team as well as they did under Fergie his performances would not have stood out as much as they do now.

Barkley is a tough one, but considering he's played about less games than Townsend in the top level, and about as many (less impressive) England appearances, it's faaar too soon to be talking 89 or more. 88 is debateable.

Despite the schedules and ad-hoc update changes, it's still very much the case that SM rewards consistency over time rather than ZOMG NEW SUPERSTAR hype that surrounds some players. It's far harsher to rate a player highly, then drop them down if they're overhyped, than it is simply to increase them slowly as they prove themselves week-in-week-out.[/quote']

But that's the whole point. The SM rating system isn't entirely effective. I agree with you on avoiding short term hype but by the time a player gets a ratings increase he will probably be due another ratings increase/decrease.

Neymar was first choice for Santos and was playing for Brazil too' date=' there was hype yes but it isnt comparable to Januzaj really.[/quote']

Oh, so it's ok for Neymar to get a huge early bump playing in an inferior league but Januzaj and Barkley? Hell, no!

You are contradicting yourself, man.

Oh' date=' so it's ok for Neymar to get a huge early bump playing in an inferior league but Januzaj and Barkley? Hell, no!

You are contradicting yourself, man.[/quote']

Yes, Neymar had a few good SEASONS under his belt, a first team regular for his club and country and interest from the biggest clubs in the world... Barkley has had half a good season (and for the record is out due to injury) and Januzaj has played a handful of games (a lot less than Sterling did last season) and he has rose by +10 already in half a season.

Oviedo and Deulefeu should of got +1, Barkley +2 and Januzaj +4.

957 minutes in the league[3 goals]' date=' 230 minutes in domestic cups, 90 minutes in the Champs league.

And you think this warrants a 90 rating for a 18yold kid just starting his career??

I would like to know what do you put in your cornflakes ?[/quote']

Come off it, genius. Stats can prove anything you want!

Last season, Baines created more goal scoring chances than any other player in the top 5 leagues. More than Iniesta. More than Ribery. More than Ronaldo. More than Messi. Does that mean Baines should have a ratings increase to 100?

Think before you type, fool.

Come off it' date=' genius. Stats can prove anything you want!

Last season, Baines created more goal scoring chances than any other player in the top 5 leagues. More than Iniesta. More than Ribery. More than Ronaldo. More than Messi. Does that mean Baines should have a ratings increase to 100?

Think before you type, fool.[/quote']

I feel a bit of hostility circulating.

To be honest with you, I feel you're defending a lost cause. Giving a youngster an atrocious rise in about half a season's worth of game time is just stupid. If you're looking for that kind of setup, you're in the wrong game mate.

Oh' date=' so it's ok for Neymar to get a huge early bump playing in an inferior league but Januzaj and Barkley? Hell, no!

What? How about putting it in clearer terms for you.

Neymar hit 90 in 2011.

By this time he had scored 80 goals in 155 games for Santos.

By this time he had scored 8 goals in 15 games for Brazil.

By this time he had won:

The Campeonato Paulista twice

The Copa do Brasil

The Copa Libertadores

Best Young Player of Campeonato Paulista

Best Forward of Campeonato Paulista twice

Best Forward of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A twice

Best player of Campeonato Paulista twice

Best player of Copa Libertadores

Best player of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A

Brazil Young Player of the Year

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Championship Squad twice

Brazil Golden Boot twice

Copa do Brasil Top scorer

FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball

South American Footballer of the Year

FIFA Puskás Award

What have Januzaj & Barkley done compared to that?

Yes' date=' Neymar had a few good SEASONS under his belt, a first team regular for his club and country and interest from the biggest clubs in the world... Barkley has had half a good season (and for the record is out due to injury) and Januzaj has played a handful of games (a lot less than Sterling did last season) and he has rose by +10 already in half a season.

Oviedo and Deulefeu should of got +1, Barkley +2 and Januzaj +4.[/quote']

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. You're clearly an advocate of the current slow cumbersome SM rating system.

I feel a bit of hostility circulating.

To be honest with you' date=' I feel you're defending a lost cause. Giving a youngster an atrocious rise in about half a season's worth of game time is just stupid. If you're looking for that kind of setup, you're in the wrong game mate.[/quote']

Why is it stupid? Anybody with half a brain could see that Neymar was going to develop into a world star. The same goes for Januzaj and Barkley. Why shouldn't the SM rating system incorporate this.

I have no hidden agenda. I just feel the current system is unnecessarily slow.

957 minutes in the league[3 goals]' date=' 230 minutes in domestic cups, 90 minutes in the Champs league.

I would like to know what do you put in your cornflakes ?[/quote']

Come off it' date=' genius. Stats can prove anything you want!

[b']Think before you type, fool.[/b]

Haha yeah I am the fool for pointing out the stats of Januzaj in no way merit a 90 rating, I will leave you to your business as you seem to be getting a tad aggressive.

Why is it stupid? Anybody with half a brain could see that Neymar was going to develop into a world star. The same goes for Januzaj and Barkley. Why shouldn't the SM rating system incorporate this.

I have no hidden agenda. I just feel the current system is unnecessarily slow.

Much like how Micheal Johnson (Man City) was tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard and suffered career-ending injuries? Football is unpredictable, and thus a slow process in terms of evaluation of individuals.

Give them a season or two of good game time and good performances, and then we can talk about whether they merit a 90 rating or not.

Haha yeah I am the fool for pointing out the stats of Januzaj in no way merit a 90 rating' date=' I will leave you to your business as you seem to be getting a tad aggressive.[/quote']

And by using your same logic, I demonstrated that Baines should be rated in a similar bracket to the likes of Messi/Ribery etc.

I don't see how I'm being aggressive. I simply don't agree with you. Would you prefer it if I just agreed with you for the sake of it? That's not going to happen, buddy.

Hang on here, Neymar started out at 76 rated and in his first 2 reviews got +5 on both occasions getting far more game time than Januzaj has, yet Januzaj got the same +5 twice in 2 reviews also. So if anything the latter has jumped far more significantly if game time is taken in to account.

September 2009 - March 2010 Neymar went from 76-86 after playing virtually every minute for Santos in that period which would have put him in line with some team mates.

November 2013 - January 2014 Januzaj went fron 75-85 a +10 swing in just over 2 months playing 957 minutes. So with that comparison made I suggest you could say the UTD fanboys have been instrumental in his meteoric rise more so than the Neymar fan boys were in his.

If we take Barkleys stats, prior to becoming a regular only this season for Everton he played:

215mins for Everton in 2011/12 season.

1116mins for Sheff Wed on loan the same season

206mins for Everton in 2012/13 season

260mins for Leeds on loan the same season and in that time went from 75 rated to 82.

This season he has been an ever present for Everton and was reviewed in September and again now and has gained a +5 swing over 2 reviews.

You could argue he got from 75 rated to 82 rated prematurely playing predominantly in a lesser league (Championship) than Neymar, playing less minutes collectively to get a +7 and now a +5 over two reviews since September.

Perhaps you should get some perspective on the matter.

Much like how Micheal Johnson (Man City) was tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard and suffered career-ending injuries? Football is unpredictable' date=' and thus a slow process in terms of evaluation of individuals.

Give them a season or two of good game time and good performances, and then we can talk about whether they merit a 90 rating or not.[/quote']

That's a fair point. But a more CURRENT rating system would still reflect a player's rapid decline (either due to injury or loss of form). For example, is Eto'o really a 92 rated player?

What? How about putting it in clearer terms for you.

Neymar hit 90 in 2011.

By this time he had scored 80 goals in 155 games for Santos.

By this time he had scored 8 goals in 15 games for Brazil.

By this time he had won:

The Campeonato Paulista twice

The Copa do Brasil

The Copa Libertadores

Best Young Player of Campeonato Paulista

Best Forward of Campeonato Paulista twice

Best Forward of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A twice

Best player of Campeonato Paulista twice

Best player of Copa Libertadores

Best player of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A

Brazil Young Player of the Year

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Championship Squad twice

Brazil Golden Boot twice

Copa do Brasil Top scorer

FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball

South American Footballer of the Year

FIFA Puskás Award

What have Januzaj & Barkley done compared to that?

Nothing? No? I didn't think so.

That's a fair point. But a more CURRENT rating system would still reflect a player's rapid decline (either due to injury or loss of form). For example' date=' is Eto'o really a 92 rated player?[/quote']

That would mean adding an element of "form" to the system. But as that isn't there in SM, there's no point going on about it.

Hang on here' date=' Neymar started out at 76 rated and in his first 2 reviews got +5 on both occasions getting far more game time than Januzaj has, yet Januzaj got the same +5 twice in 2 reviews also. So if anything the latter has jumped far more significantly if game time is taken in to account. [/font']

Neymar was playing in a far inferior league to both Januzaj and Barkley.