English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

What? How about putting it in clearer terms for you.

Neymar hit 90 in 2011.

By this time he had scored 80 goals in 155 games for Santos.

By this time he had scored 8 goals in 15 games for Brazil.

By this time he had won:

The Campeonato Paulista twice

The Copa do Brasil

The Copa Libertadores

Best Young Player of Campeonato Paulista

Best Forward of Campeonato Paulista twice

Best Forward of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A twice

Best player of Campeonato Paulista twice

Best player of Copa Libertadores

Best player of Campeonato Brasileiro Série A

Brazil Young Player of the Year

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Championship Squad twice

Brazil Golden Boot twice

Copa do Brasil Top scorer

FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball

South American Footballer of the Year

FIFA Puskás Award

What have Januzaj & Barkley done compared to that?

lol Most of those awards you state are subjective individual awards in an inferior league. You may as well say he received the award for "Being loved most by his Mum". Get a grip, man!

lol Most of those awards you state are subjective individual awards in an inferior league. You may as well say he received the award for "Being loved most by his Mum". Get a grip' date=' man![/quote']

My question was what have Januzaj and Barkley done compared to that?

3 full seasons in Brazil is worth more than half a season in the Prem (Januzaj), & sporadic appearances for Sheff Weds, Leeds and Everton in 5 years (Barkley).

No doubt they are both huge talents, but they have done nothing near the level of what Neymar did to get 90.

Neymar was playing in a far inferior league to both Januzaj and Barkley.

Not when Barkley went from 75-82 over 2 reviews predominantly playing in the Championship a significantly weaker league to where Neymar was plying his trade at the time. Perhaps try and read the whole post.

A +10 for Januzaj in 2 months yet less than 1000minutes' date=' not stats but fact. You really do need to get some perspective like I said before.[/font']

SM states to be 89+ the player should be heavily involved internationally, Januzaj nowhere near Belgium.

85 is fair, to keep up this then to 87/8, then to 89/90.

Neymar won everything at Santos, Januzaj has won nothing, nothing is worse than a list in an inferior league. Neymar warranted his 90, just as much as a few 89's that Santos had, but him being the main player needed that rating. Fred is 90 and plays in Brazil, also because involved internationally,

Calum Chambers started 7 games in a row for Southampton (600 min in total), more than Januzaj so he should be 88 based on your ratings as it is a higher league?

Speaking as someone who signed Neymar as soon as he hit the database, I can tell you that his rise was certainly not meteoric. If anything it felt a little slow considering the strides he was making in the league and National team. In fact, when I initially quit SM about 18 months ago he still wasn't of the level where he was making my subs bench... for Grimsby!

These things take time, SM gets it right in the end faaaar more than other football games out there.

Not when Barkley went from 75-82 over 2 reviews predominantly playing in the Championship a significantly weaker league to where Neymar was plying his trade at the time. Perhaps try and read the whole post.

A +10 for Januzaj in 2 months yet less than 1000minutes' date=' not stats but fact. You really do need to get some perspective like I said before.[/font']

I'd argue that the English Championship is a tougher league than Brazilian top division. Also, Neymar's international experience mainly came in friendlies.

If you're good, then you're good. And the ratings system should reflect that. Not subjective individuual awards or even team awards. A player's TRUE ability should be ascertained.

Anyway, we should move on to other matters because I'm right and you're wrong. :P:D

I'd argue that the English Championship is a tougher league than Brazilian top division. Also' date=' Neymar's international experience mainly came in friendlies.

If you're good, then you're good. And the ratings system should reflect that. Not subjective individuual awards or even team awards. A player's TRUE ability should be ascertained.

Anyway, we should move on to other matters because I'm right and you're wrong. :P:D[/quote']

You mean like Suarez being rated significantly higher than his team mates due to individual perfornances?

It does happen but over a prolonged period of time. There is no way Januzaj has warranted enough minutes over a prolonged period of time (nor has Barkley) for them to warrant being rated any higher than they are at present.

As has already been stated there needs to be a sustained level of consistency over a prolonged period of time to warrant a succession of rises.

I never said the championship wasn't tougher I said it is weaker.

;2828185']Feel all rating changes were correct today' date=' might of given Barkley 88 :P but that is because in most of my teams.

Looking forward to the Arsenal MEGA boost tomorrow.[/quote']

Post them on here please, don't play the game but I want to see if sm still get it wrong on certain players for us.

Post them on here please' date=' don't play the game but I want to see if sm still get it wrong on certain players for us.[/quote']

Valencia -1

Nani -1

Barkley +2

Oviedo +2

Deulefeu +2

Januzaj +5

Lukaku +1

Coleman +1

Chiriches +1

McCarthy +1

That's just today's off the top of my head.

------------- ARSENAL -------------

Emiliano Viviano 89 > 89/88

Wojciech Szczesny 89 > 90

Lukasz Fabianski 86 > 86/87

Dejan Iliev 75 > 75

Thomas Vermaelen 90 > 90

Kieran Gibbs 89 > 90

Nacho Monreal 89 > 89

Per Mertesacker 91 > 92

Bacary Sagna 91 > 91/92

Laurent Koscielny 90 > 91

Isaac Hayden 75 > 75

Semi Ajayi 75 > 75

Carl Jenkinson 86 > 86/87

Mikel Arteta 91 > 91

Mathieu Flamini 88 > 89

Abou Diaby 88 > 87

Emmanuel Frimpong 83 > 83

Santi Cazorla 92 > 92

Jack Wilshere 91 > 91

Aaron Ramsey 90 > 91

Tomas Rosicky 88 > 88/89

Thomas Eisfield 77 > 77

Kristoffer Olsson 75 > 75

Mesut Özil 94 > 94

Lukas Podolski 91 > 91

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 88 > 88

Park Chu-Young 87 > 86

Ryo Miyaichi 84 > 84

Serge Gnabry 80 > 83

Theo Walcott 91 > 91

Austin Lipman 72 > 72

Chuba Akpom 76 > 76

Olivier Giroud 90 > 91

Nicklas Bendtner 88 > 88

Benik Afobe 82 > 82

Yaya Sanogo 82 > 82

Loaned

Hector Bellerin 76 > 79

Joel Campbell 86 > 88

Rise

Maybe Rise

Stay

Maybe Drop

Drop

I'd roughly agree with those Arsenal changes but who knows whether SM will be a little cautious ahead of likely elimination in the CL against Bayern and a tougher end to the season (Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs all away). I think SM might save the 50/50 risers until season end.

Valencia -1

Nani -1

Barkley +2

Oviedo +2

Deulefeu +2

Januzaj +5

Lukaku +1

Coleman +1

Chiriches +1

McCarthy +1

That's just today's off the top of my head.

Oviedo and Deulofeu shouldn't be the same rating as Barkley. Barkley should have got a bigger rise or them two only rising by 1 as he has played more minutes than both of them added together in the league as well as breaking into the England team.

Re: Respuesta: English Premiership Rating Predictions

Any chance for Kolarov to rise? IMO he is performing much better than Clichy this season and also getting more game time...

He should do but whether he will or not is a different story. I don't think he will although he deserves it, that's just the way Soccer Manager works I'm afraid. Could prove me wrong though. He is a fantastic player and has finally got the chance he deserves at City while taking it in his stride too.

Oviedo and Deulofeu shouldn't be the same rating as Barkley. Barkley should have got a bigger rise or them two only rising by 1 as he has played more minutes than both of them added together in the league as well as breaking into the England team.

bit harsh on Oviedo mate, 87s good for him, yes hasnt shown alot of game time for you guys but he has impressed no? Has plenty of pedigree elsewhere(europa/cl) & internationally he is a fixture in the Costa Rica side.

Deulofeu, 86 would of been fair, but the hype label he has carried for so long i guess adds weight to his rating, Barkley 87, yeah 88 could of been fair too but to go 85>88 is a tad excessive in the scheme of SM, although he is quality, and we've only had half a season so far.

out of the 3, Barkley will no doubt rise further over the rest of the season, even 87>89 if all remains the same.

All in all, thought the reviews today were pretty good, seems to be the consensus on here too, which could be a first :D

& lol at the guy who is calling the Brasiliero an inferior league to the Championship. Its the 5th best league in the world. FACT.

;2828226']

------------- ARSENAL -------------

Emiliano Viviano 89 > 89/88

Wojciech Szczesny 89 > 90

Lukasz Fabianski 86 > 86/87

Dejan Iliev 75 > 75

Thomas Vermaelen 90 > 90

Kieran Gibbs 89 > 90

Nacho Monreal 89 > 89

agree on Gibbs, Flamini, Gnabry & Kosc & all the rest of the bumpf players...Park/Campbell etc

not so sure on Per or Giroud

rest will stay IMO.

No rise for Bendtner? :eek::eek:

:D

This is the problem with SM ratings - they are far too slow to respond to reality. If Januzaj was increased to 90 I don't think many would argue.

i think everyone would argue half a season of good apps in a medicore team don't mean a 90...85 is good for him 87/88 if he carries on till seasons end

;2828286']agree on Gibbs' date=' Flamini, Gnabry & Kosc & all the rest of the bumpf players...Park/Campbell etc

not so sure on Per or Giroud

rest will stay IMO.

No rise for Bendtner? :eek::eek:

:D[/quote']

Not sure why you're confused on the BFG. He should never have dropped from 92 in the first place. Koscielny finally gets a rise, well done to him. Only 2 years over due.