English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

the ratings as a whole a sham' date=' if your a headline maker or flavour of the month you get a rise, then the guys that have went about there business doing a great job all season get missed, example of this James McCarthy who should of been a 90[/quote']

Touché , Touché

I completely agree with your sentiments regarding this.

And this isn't just 1 or 2 anomalous mistakes. There's a whole series of mistakes.

Firmino

Reus

Sokaratis

Aubameyang

James McCarthy

Daniel Sturridge

Morgan Shneiderlin

Adam Lallana (+2 ?)

Erik Lamela ( Stayed ?) Shocking

Luis Nani ( Stayed ?)

Valencia ( Stayed ?)

Fellaini ( Stayed ?) Shocking

Javier Hernandez ( Stayed ?)

Romelu Lukaku ( No Rise ?)

When you see so many mistakes it's clear that we have a dysfunctional rating system. This game has actually regressed in one of the most crucial aspect of the game.

Kompany shouldn't have risen.
Pepe Reina and Glen Johnson are among Liverpools five highest rated players. :o

Something is clearly wrong here

I really fear or the the future of this game. It's clear SM isn't competent enough to do the ratings anymore. We need to reform the rating system.

Find it ironic that SM launches appeals for raising money to fund a single player project when the current game has only regressed in quality and has been unfairly neglected.

We have a non existent game engine. Appalling and dysfunctional rating system. And we still have issues regarding squad limits and player hogging.

Yet the only thing SM have done is actually make the game regress in quality and playability.

We have increased player salaries ( Hurt smaller teams)

Increase the intensity of the Concern system has no real form of consistency with numerous bugs being ignored that effect game play.

Way to go SM :rolleyes:

Touché ' date=' Touché

And this isn't just 1 or 2 anomalous mistakes. There's a whole series of mistakes.

Firmino

Reus

Sokaratis

Aubameyang

James McCarthy

Daniel Sturridge

Morgan Shneiderlin

Adam Lallana (+2 ?)

Luis Nani ( Stayed ?)

Valencia ( Stayed ?)

When you see so many mistakes it's clear that we have a dysfunctional rating system. This game has actually regressed in one of the most crucial aspect of the game.

I really fear or the the future of this game. It's clear SM isn't competent enough to do the ratings anymore. We need to reform the rating system.

Find it ironic that SM launches appeals for raising money to fund a single player project when the current game has only regressed in quality and has been unfairly neglected.

We have a non existent game engine. Appalling and dysfunctional rating system. And we still have issues regarding squad limits and player hogging.

Yet the only thing SM have done is actually make the game regress in quality and playability.

Increase the intensity of the Concern system has no real form of consistency with numerous bugs being ignored that effect game play.

Way to go SM :rolleyes:[/quote']

Why is everybody asking for a 91 for Lukaku??He's been pretty...in 2nd half of the season.He scored what?13/14 goals?91 for that?Oh come on..really?90 is perfect for him.

Touché ' date=' Touché

Firmino

Reus

Sokaratis

Aubameyang

James McCarthy

Daniel Sturridge

Morgan Shneiderlin

Adam Lallana (+2 ?)

Luis Nani ( Stayed ?)

Valencia ( Stayed ?)

Reus & Firmino got a +1?

Aubameyang has been well documented on the forum that a rise was unnecessary, his form in the second half of the season is relatively poor in contrast to the early part of the campaign and this was reflected by him losing his spot in the team.

Sturridge got a rise in March?

And if you think Lallanas 90 is too much, clearly arent that much of a follower of the Premiership.

Granted Utd had a bad season, but the same players won the league last season. Nani, Valencia, Hernandez no way derserved to drop after just 9 months and consider there are all first choice for the countries and all going to the World Cup.

Again Fellaini to drop so soon would be harsh, considering he has been one of the top midfielders in the Prem last 3 seasons.

Lamela is a odd one, quite how he jumped to 91 was a touch excessive but to drop him after being injured all season again a touch harsh.

Case in point could be Yanga-Mbiwa. Came to EPL and hasnt lived up to the reputation and rating has slowly declined over a substantial period of time.

I believe Sokratis was the only missed player IMO.

Lukaku has the lack of European football and Evertons final position. You can say that for McCarthy & Schneiderlin.

I believe the problem itself is the actually SM forum. Too many 'experts' snowballing there opinions on players rises/drops and too many 'sheep' following them, and when they dont happen, well you can see all the posts above.

In the past, ive always looked over 18months/season and a half to gauge where the higher rated players could rise/fall. If Man Utd get to December and its all the same, by all means il be one of the first to say the above mentioned players should be getting a rating drop!

Oh yes' date=' as if a goal ratio of nearly of a goal nearly every 2 games (0.44 ) plus plus providing two assists in the lead up to finishing second is a poor goal return for a striker. :rolleyes:[/quote']

which is no way worthy of yet another +1 :rolleyes:

;2925617']Reus & Firmino got a +1?

Aubameyang has been well documented on the forum that a rise was unnecessary' date=' his form in the second half of the season is relatively poor in contrast to the early part of the campaign and this was reflected by him losing his spot in the team.

Sturridge got a rise in March?

And if you think Lallanas 90 is too much, clearly arent that much of a follower of the Premiership.

Granted Utd had a bad season, but the same players won the league last season. Nani, Valencia, Hernandez no way derserved to drop after just 9 months and consider there are all first choice for the countries and all going to the World Cup.

Again Fellaini to drop so soon would be harsh, considering he has been one of the top midfielders in the Prem last 3 seasons.

Lamela is a odd one, quite how he jumped to 91 was a touch excessive but to drop him after being injured all season again a touch harsh.

Case in point could be Yanga-Mbiwa. Came to EPL and hasnt lived up to the reputation and rating has slowly declined over a substantial period of time.

I believe Sokratis was the only missed player IMO.

Lukaku has the lack of European football and Evertons final position. You can say that for McCarthy & Schneiderlin.

I believe the problem itself is the actually SM forum. Too many 'experts' snowballing there opinions on players rises/drops and too many 'sheep' following them, and when they dont happen, well you can see all the posts above.

In the past, ive always looked over 18months/season and a half to gauge where the higher rated players could rise/fall. If Man Utd get to December and its all the same, by all means il be one of the first to say the above mentioned players should be getting a rating drop![/quote']

I am aware the Reus and Firmino got +1 but that was only corrected only after it was pointed out by members on this forum. I was using it simply as a number of examples where mistakes have been made in terms of rating changes.

I am firstly going to address the point I have raised about Manchester United since I questioned a number of players from them.

Everyone on this forum has pretty much called for United to have a free pass for this season because they feel this season is just a 1 off and that it shouldn't discredit the work of the previous season.

Completely disagree with that. This game is based on real life performances. The here and now. Football remains a question of opinion and as a opinion you can't credit an opinion right or wrong .

What I don't get is why Manchester United don't merit a drop on the basis that everyone thinks this season is a 1 off.

The reality is that Manchester United didn't make the top 4 and broke records for all the wrong reasons. Manchester United have been poor, and anyone who disputes that hasn't been watching the BPL.

This is what I call double standards.

Does anyone remember 2010-2011 season ?

Where Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and had a disastrous season despite challenging for the title the previous season in 2008-2009 ?

The majority of everyone on this forum called for rating drops left right and centre for the Liverpool squad to reflect their poor performance in the league. Liverpool accordingly had their ratings dropped across the starting eleven to reflect there poor performance in real life.

Manchester United doesn't remain an exception to the rule. This season regardless if it is a one off , Manchester United doesn't deserve a free pass because they won the league the season before. This is the same set of players who won the league and performed poorly this season, barring the ones who suffered from injury and the new signings who were signed by moyes.

Young

Nani

Fellaini

Javier Hernandez

These players deserve a drop based on merit and their performance. They can get a +1 to there existing ratings if they perform well in the next season.

If people have qualms about Daniel Sturridge and Romelu Lukaku not rising then drop the Manchester United players above. I can't believe people can actually contest wether strikers who score 15+ Goals in the BPL don't deserve a rise when in reality players such as Young, Nani , Fellaini an Hernandez are on equal or higher ratings than them. There is clearly something wrong when Daniel Sturridge is rated on equal terms with Hernandez.

And in relation to Daniel Sturridge rising too quickly, what about Diego Costa ?

He's had a metaphoric rise for Atletico way before Atletico won the La Liga title, and now there's talk about him rising to 93 even 94 ! . Yes hes performed well in the champions league but it still doesn't erase the fact he's had already had a +4 rise since August and will most likely get. +1 to 93 to make it +5 in a year after winning the League and reaching the UCL final.

Yet people go up in arms about the thought of Daniel Sturridge rising +3 in a season where he finished 2nd top scorer and his team finishing second in the toughest league in the world.

Still believe that Lukaku deserves that rise to 91. 15 goals +6 Assists for Everton is a fantastic return for a BPL striker. Goals against top sides vs Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City. James McCarthy rise was the most surprising, he's done enough to warrant a 90 for his performances. But then again, everyone has ignored that for flavour of the month 'Adam Lallana' who has been given 90 for a team that finished 8th in the BPL. Adam should only have risen to 89. With a plus +1 to 90 the following season since seeing people are up in arms about Daniel Sturridge rising to quickly.

There's clearly something wrong when Erik Lamela disappears and still magically is able to retain a 91. I can't account Lamela ever suffering from a serous injury either that warrants such a long absence. But then again this is the same realm where Tevez can go to Argentina for a few months, play some golf and then by some magical reason retain a 93 as he lifts a BPL trophy with 6-7 games to go.

I'm not expecting any right or wrong answers. I'm clearly just raising questions that we need to think about.

Not going to quote the above post as its too long. But in reply to that I do agree the likes of Hernandez, Fellaini deserved to drop.

However I don't agree with Lukaku being 91. Also, you have to remember all of these people rose midseason already so it has somewhat been factored in.

Also, once a player reaches a high level and has to go down he isn't going to get a -5/6 it is a gradual process. We can't have a -4/5 every 2-3 months as it will also ruin the game. So there is always going to be the case of someone who has performed way better in the few months having the same rating as someone who hasn't.

A lot of the forumers are heavily biased towards strikers since its easy to pull up the stats but I think that Everton team had better performers over the season than Lukaku.

Liverpool finished 2nd in the league while Atletico finished first against probably the two of the toughest team on the planet and they finish second in Europe. There is a huge difference in both their season. Both have exceeded expectation but Atletico have obviously been way better.

PS: I do think Sturridge could have gone upto 92 but I wouldn't mind waiting a few months either.

Guys, let them just do their work and deal with it.

One's opinion will always defer with another's, hence making this a pointless discussion. Just look at it like this: those who deserve to rise now will have an even bigger chance on rising next time and vice versa.

So it seems the majority would like to see a yo-yo effect when assessing players ratings?

What I mean by that is, many are clamouring for players to rise/drop only 3 months or so after recent ratings changes. Lukaku does not deserve a rise in my opinion. If he maintains such form at the World Cup and then for whichever club he plies his trade at next season then by all means +1 will be deserving.

Rather than assuming that the ratings for Liverpool are finished perhaps wait until tomorrow before reserving judgement on Sturridge. I just think the guys behind Soccerwiki are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Lallana never rose in March so there could have been an argument for a +1 then and +1 this time around, has played extremely well in a side that people could argue has over achieved. Does he deserve to be rated the same as someone like Henderson? Yes is the answer.

There is a World Cup looming and then once that has finished before you know it 14/15 season will kick off. I would suggest that there may well be a ratings change for the top leagues around September/ October time by which time a more thorough and accurate ratings assessment can be made, judged on players World Cup form and early season form.

Oh yes' date=' as if a goal ratio of nearly of a goal nearly every 2 games (0.44 ) plus plus providing two assists in the lead up to finishing second is a poor goal return for a striker. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I never said that. As ought to have been obvious, my point is that you cannot just use statistics from the whole season to prove a point as though SM's raters have been studiously ignoring him since mid-2013.

His last rise was in March 2014, and that rise took into account all of his achievements up to then. Logically, any further rise ought largely to reflect what happened after that point. And it is legitimate to say that scoring four goals from nine games, while a solid return, does not necessarily justify a further increase from 91 to 92.

If he performs well at the World Cup and/or starts the next domestic season well, he will rise soon enough. In the meantime, talk of the "biggest blunders" of the year is distinctly overblown.

Disagree with that. Coming from a Liverpool Fan' date=' Lukaku's contribution to Everton has been tremendous.

15 Goals and 6 Assists for Everton is a fantastic return and surely warrants a +1.

I find it quite baffling that Danny Welbeck who has never reached double digits in the League is rated level with Lukaku. What's more surprising is the case of Javier Hernandez is that SM refuse to give Lukaku a rise and then keep Hernandez at 91.

What's more alarming is that if Daniel Sturridge doesn't rise +1 then according to SM he is the equivalent of Javier Hernandez and Fernando Torres.

Lukaku and Sturridge both deserve +1[/quote']

No one has mentioned Kompany's rise to 94, I don't think he deserves it tbh, at times he's looked shaky at the back this season, despite being City's best defender. He gets drawn out of position too often, this was shown especially in both games vs Liverpool. I think 93 was a more fair rating of Kompany.

I guess it's because City won the title.

Yaya/Suarez 95 seem okay to me.

As for Liverpool, most of the changes seem fair, but Sturridge should have risen imo, but SM doesnt like to make too many changes to 1 team in 1 review. sturridge may get a +1 in august-october maybe.

On the basis of the ratings (and, yes, Spain is soon to be reviewed) Messi > Ronaldo > Ibra > Suarez > Rooney > Benzema > Gomez (!?!?) > Sturridge > Lukaku

First four seem fair (Messi/Ronaldo arguments aside). I'd probably switch Rooney and Benzema, drop Gomez to 91, promote Sturridge to 92, and keep Lukaku at 90 but raise if he has a good world cup. Which brings me to my question: what do you guys think the SM team will do regarding ratings and the World Cup? For example, if, say, Balotelli bangs in five goals and gets top scorer will he get a special one-off ratings increase?

On the basis of the ratings (and' date=' yes, Spain is soon to be reviewed) Messi > Ronaldo > Ibra > Suarez > Rooney > Benzema > Gomez (!?!?) > Sturridge > Lukaku

First four seem fair (Messi/Ronaldo arguments aside). I'd probably switch Rooney and Benzema, drop Gomez to 91, promote Sturridge to 92, and keep Lukaku at 90 but raise if he has a good world cup. Which brings me to my question: [b']what do you guys think the SM team will do regarding ratings[/b] and the World Cup? For example, if, say, Balotelli bangs in five goals and gets top scorer will he get a special one-off ratings increase?

They will screw it up.

Kompany at 94 is hilarious' date=' I agree with the other rises though.[/quote']

its hilarious he hasn't risen sooner to be honest. He's only the Premier League champions captain, consistently one of if not THE best defender in the Premier League and widely regarded as one of the best central defenders in the world is he not?

its hilarious he hasn't risen sooner to be honest. He's only the Premier League champions captain' date=' consistently one of if not THE best defender in the Premier League and widely regarded as one of the best central defenders in the world is he not?[/quote']

He's looked shaky at best this year imo it's beyond me how he managed to get into the PFA TOTY (ahead of Terry, Mertesacker?).. which i assume is what SM is basing this rating rise on.

They will screw it up.

Hahahahahaha

its hilarious he hasn't risen sooner to be honest. He's only the Premier League champions captain' date=' consistently one of if not THE best defender in the Premier League and widely regarded as one of the best central defenders in the world is he not?[/quote']

if kompany 94, then mertesacker or koscielny must be at least 92,

its because city's effect, he doesnt deserve that, instead i think demichelis must rise to 90

I must say i have not watched Kompany too much this season, but i saw the matches vs Barcelona in Champions League and he was a beast. But i can't say too much about his performances in Premier League, although i think he's clearly City's best defender, and being their captain and one of the most influential players, maybe his rise was not that outrageous. And ofc, they were champions.

I must say i have not watched Kompany too much this season' date=' but i saw the matches vs Barcelona in Champions League and he was a beast. But i can't say too much about his performances in Premier League, although i think he's clearly City's best defender, and being their captain and one of the most influential players, maybe his rise was not that outrageous. And ofc, they were champions.[/quote']

Yeah that one game against Barca he was incredible despite them losing (2-1 i think?), bar that Zabaleta has been by far City's best defender I think it's safe to say

Touché ' date=' Touché

Firmino

Reus

Sokaratis

Aubameyang

James McCarthy

Daniel Sturridge

Morgan Shneiderlin

Adam Lallana (+2 ?)

Luis Nani ( Stayed ?)

Valencia ( Stayed ?)

SM is on a mission to drive away all users

He had an appalling season this year, fault for numerous goals and spent the other half injured. Past inadequacies dont cover for the current rise