English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

I am aware the Reus and Firmino got +1 but that was only corrected only after it was pointed out by members on this forum. I was using it simply as a number of examples where mistakes have been made in terms of rating changes.

I am firstly going to address the point I have raised about Manchester United since I questioned a number of players from them.

Everyone on this forum has pretty much called for United to have a free pass for this season because they feel this season is just a 1 off and that it shouldn't discredit the work of the previous season.

Completely disagree with that. This game is based on real life performances. The here and now. Football remains a question of opinion and as a opinion you can't credit an opinion right or wrong .

What I don't get is why Manchester United don't merit a drop on the basis that everyone thinks this season is a 1 off.

The reality is that Manchester United didn't make the top 4 and broke records for all the wrong reasons. Manchester United have been poor' date=' and anyone who disputes that hasn't been watching the BPL.

This is what I call double standards.

Does anyone remember 2010-2011 season ?

Where Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and had a disastrous season despite challenging for the title the previous season in 2008-2009 ?

The majority of everyone on this forum called for rating drops left right and centre for the Liverpool squad to reflect their poor performance in the league. Liverpool accordingly had their ratings dropped across the starting eleven to reflect there poor performance in real life.

And in relation to Daniel Sturridge rising too quickly, what about Diego Costa ?

He's had a metaphoric rise for Atletico way before Atletico won the La Liga title, and now there's talk about him rising to 93 even 94 ! . Yes hes performed well in the champions league but it still doesn't erase the fact he's had already had a +4 rise since August and will most likely get. +1 to 93 to make it +5 in a year after winning the League and reaching the UCL final.

Yet people go up in arms about the thought of Daniel Sturridge rising +3 in a season where he finished 2nd top scorer and his team finishing second in the toughest league in the world.

[/quote']

I think you have to take into consideration how crap Liverpool have been the last few years, they had no Europe lost in the first round of both cup competitions and finished 2nd. It plays a huge factor in having rested players week after week, their wheels fell off the only time they had a congested schedule during Christmas if they keep up their form next season you will see that the above two players wont be the highest rated..

Also Sturridge got a rise 2 months ago out of turn so if he has a good Cup expect a 92.. Costa was better than Falcao at Atletico even in his last season he should have risen, but i doubt he will get 94, he was injured in the last part but its SM everything is possible

He's looked shaky at best this year imo it's beyond me how he managed to get into the PFA TOTY (ahead of Terry' date=' Mertesacker?).. which i assume is what SM is basing this rating rise on.

Hahahahahaha[/quote']

Only one problem with PFA TOTY, they are voted by players who i doubt really see other teams play, its a joke the awards, go to Who Scored and OPTA and see stats for yourself, Mertesacker, Terry, Koscielny blow everyone away out of the water...

agreed' date='Lamela could even go back to 89[/quote']

I presume Lamela's rating was intact due to the fact that he was injured and out of the team for the majority of the season. SM do not change someone's rating when they are injured and not playing.

Furthermore, SM will be waiting to see how his progress/form will be during the upcoming season before they make any drastic changes.

Only one problem with PFA TOTY' date=' they are voted by players who i doubt really see other teams play, its a joke the awards, go to Who Scored and OPTA and see stats for yourself, Mertesacker, Terry, Koscielny blow everyone away out of the water...[/quote']

Exactly!! Players that play the game have no idea who plays well people on SM forum know better :rolleyes:

Don't understand all this talk of Koscielny and Mertesacker to 92. They let in far too many goals in the big games to be a 92 rated CB pairing IMO. 92 isn't too much for attackers but on SM being a 92 defender is a big deal and the defenders with a 92 rating atm are better than or have done more than Koscielny and Mertesacker IMO

Exactly!! Players that play the game have no idea who plays well people on SM forum know better :rolleyes:

Don't understand all this talk of Koscielny and Mertesacker to 92. They let in far too many goals in the big games to be a 92 rated CB pairing IMO. 92 isn't too much for attackers but on SM being a 92 defender is a big deal and the defenders with a 92 rating atm are better than or have done more than Koscielny and Mertesacker IMO

Thats the amazing part about the goals conceeded, they conceeded 21 goals in 4 games, and 20 goals in 34 games, Take a look at it whichever way you want but they lack of personnel also contributed to the goals conceeded in the big games, they do deserve the 92 but i fancy them to get it for sure in the next rating changes in light of the World Cup and Arsenal strengthening to fill obvious gaps

He had an appalling season this year' date=' fault for numerous goals and spent the other half injured. Past inadequacies dont cover for the current rise[/quote']

Other half injured? He played 28 games in the BPL this season. He had an average season which doesn't warrant a rise to 94 but it was in no ways appalling.

:confused: Around August / September at a guess.

i c, maybe SM wait for the players like nani, young, fellaini performances in world cup before they dropped them :D

also how players like sokratis, sturridge, koscielny, mertesacker, boateng perform in WC before SM rise them

I think Lambert was increased because he signed for Liverpool.

Got an amateur Quincy overhere.

Does this mean that Adam Lallana will go 91, if he does go, even though I reckon he'll not go.

Stupid really. David Villa hasn't dropped because he moved to a smaller, much smaller team.

Soldado still 91? The guy scored 6 goals in 28 premiership matches' date=' about 2 of which weren't penalties... LOL.[/quote']

Its really a LOL, because the guy has been scoring between 20 and 30 goals in all competitions in the last 4 seasons, had a bad season which he scores 11 goals and 5 assists and you want him dropping the rating he got from all those years?

Why don't you drop Mata to 91? He surely didn't perform like a 93 rated all season.

Its really a LOL' date=' because the guy has been scoring between 20 and 30 goals in all competitions in the last 4 seasons, had a bad season which he scores 11 goals and 5 assists and you want him dropping the rating he got from all those years?

Why don't you drop Mata to 91? He surely didn't perform like a 93 rated all season.[/quote']

To be honest Juan Mata was very lucky to retain his 93. Regardless of how good Juan Mata is and the potential differences he had with Mourinho, he didn't feature much for a 93 rated player at Chelsea. He hasn't exactly made the massive impact for United either, who went on to finish outside the top 4 since his transfer. Didn't really suffer any major injury, so was very lucky to retain that 93.

Soldado was poor and should have dropped IMO. He's been extremely poor this season regardless of his exploits at Valencia. He hasn't even managed 10 goals in the BPL which is perhaps the minimum threshold for a 91 rated BPL striker.

Soldado you can actually give the benefit of the doubt.

But when you see Hernandez a 91 rated striker level with Daniel Sturridge, really does make you wonder what's going on.

Ratings were a complete shamble when you consider John Terry, Cahill, Mert, Kos rated lower than David Luiz who go on to form part of the tightest defences in the BPL.

;2926998']Got an amateur Quincy overhere.

Does this mean that Adam Lallana will go 91' date=' if he does go, even though I reckon he'll not go.

Stupid really. David Villa hasn't dropped because he moved to a smaller, much smaller team.[/quote']

Won't be surprised if that happened to be honest. Lamela moving to spurs resulted in a magical +1.

Lallana should have been given +1 to 89. If he impresses at the WC give a further +1 to 90 in line with a possible move to Liverpool. It's just a matter of time where he will rise to 91 with him already being a 90 before the WC starting. Still feel a potential +3 from 88 to a potential 91 finishing 8th with Southampton is a little too quick.