English Premiership Rating Predictions

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

I thought the best defender in the league got a +1 to 94 the other day ;-)

It amazes me that Kompany is rated 3+ higher than John Terry and Cahill who have been tremendous. A difference of 1 or 2 could be understable because of Man City winning the BPL. Kompany has been far to inconsistent to warrant a 94 despite a cup double.

Not against Kompany but there really shouldn't be a difference of 3+ between other centre halfs from the top 4 of the BPL. Don't know how John Terry is rated lower than David Luis to be honest, never mind 3 lower than Kompany.

Can't believe there's people happy with the current ratings for the BPL. There's clearly something wrong with the current ratings.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly SM need to start paying more attention to the other major european leagues, and stop being so harsh on EPL players.. We are talking here of the toughest domestic league in the world, players i

Team Ratings 16/17 Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Cardiff - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here Crystal Palace - Click Here Everton - Click H

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions Updated all the teams with new ratings and players , will do the promoted sides later. Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here

Posted Images

;2926998']Got an amateur Quincy overhere.

Does this mean that Adam Lallana will go 91' date=' if he does go, even though I reckon he'll not go.

Stupid really. David Villa hasn't dropped because he moved to a smaller, much smaller team.[/quote']

An increase is more likely to happen than a drop. And I am quite certain once Atletico gets reviewed, Villa will drop. He's too high for a 93 striker.

So Rickie Lambert's move to Liverpool gets him an +1' date=' an +1 I am sure he wouldn't of got had he remained at Southampton. Sm proving once again a players ability has nothing to do with their rating, it's down to what club they play for.[/quote']

exactly, I think Can might have a rise as well.

So Rickie Lambert's move to Liverpool gets him an +1' date=' an +1 I am sure he wouldn't of got had he remained at Southampton. Sm proving once again a players ability has nothing to do with their rating, it's down to what club they play for.[/quote']

Was thinking that this morning.

Its really a LOL' date=' because the guy has been scoring between 20 and 30 goals in all competitions in the last 4 seasons, had a bad season which he scores 11 goals and 5 assists and you want him dropping the rating he got from all those years?

Why don't you drop Mata to 91? He surely didn't perform like a 93 rated all season.[/quote']

I would but rating changes would be havoc when I would review! Players would be getting -2's and +2's regularly!

Just dropped to 91

And Atletico Madrid review has not even started, bar Saul who was on loan.

Just about right, he is still a top level striker and SM or SW cannot just drop him lower just because he moved to a lower team. I think Defoe is at 89 or 90 the last I check, still a good striker if any team wants to pick him up.

Reaffirms that sm or sw drop rating due to club changes. And I don't think I am much of a Quincy either.

Edit: this is the PL ratings, sorry for going off topic.

absolutely' date=' its liverpool effect

when SM evaluated southampton, SM still have a doubt to rise him,

but when liverpool signed him, they decide that lambert deserve 89,[/quote']

It's not the 'Liverpool effect' it's the 'transfer effect'

Neymar performed well in confederations cup +1 =92

Signs for Barcelona +1 =93

Erik Lamela good season last season +1 = 90

Signs for Spurs for £30 million +1 =90

Bale impressive performance for Spurs last season +1 = 93

Signs for Real Madrid +1 =94

Considering this. I'm assuming David Luiz will be getting a +1 to 93 after his record breaking move to PSG making him the most expensive defender of all time. Plus the guy starts for Brazil in the WC :rolleyes:

The ratings were always down to club favouritism. I recall the times that everyone was raving about Samir Nasri and the season where he had performed well for half a season at arsenal before his eventual departure to Manchester City. He rose to 93 on half a season's merit and without ever winning a trophy.:eek:

And then there's people having qualms about Gerrard rising after having one of his best seasons due to the fact to his age. A position where age has little bearing. Pirlo and Xabi Alonso are phenomenal in the regista position and they are well over 30 , yet possess ratings in to the high 90's.

The current rating criteria

1) Club you play for

2) Trophies the club wins as a team

3) individual performance

This is the reason why you have the Boatengs and the Hernandez of this world rated at ratings that the majority of players can't get despite excelling at smaller clubs.

Its really a LOL' date=' because the guy has been scoring between 20 and 30 goals in all competitions in the last 4 seasons, had a bad season which he scores 11 goals and 5 assists and you want him dropping the rating he got from all those years?[/quote']

Of those 11 goals 3 were against a team that finished bottom of the Russian premiership and 2 were against the mighty FC Dinamo Tbilisi. Then there's the 2 goals from open play all season in the premiership...

I guess its a question of how realistic ratings should be, and how quickly form should affect them. Personally I think 2 ratings reviews, which is a season in real life terms is a reasonable time period. :)

Yes he is' date=' if Shaw moves he will have more game time.[/quote']

He's not competing with Shaw, he's competing with Clyne. Only way he'd get more game time is if Clyne were moved to left-back if Shaw were to go, which is possible but very unlikely as a long-term solution.

Chambers is good to keep anyway, he's as good as Shaw in every regard apart from a yard of pace.

I think the review and rating changes have been a bit poor but not disappointing overall. There are teams and players which are over hyped by SM in EPL which is what I feel. It's really surprising to see the rating of the squad of United. Its not that bad though. :)

He's not competing with Shaw' date=' he's competing with Clyne. Only way he'd get more game time is if Clyne were moved to left-back if Shaw were to go, which is possible but very unlikely as a long-term solution.

Chambers is good to keep anyway, he's as good as Shaw in every regard apart from a yard of pace.[/quote']

Hardly ever praised, much like Schniederlin. Two that people think of getting rid of, but I'd grab them. Just get a Southampton youth they rarely fail.

Harrison Reed & Sam Gallagher are the next hotly tipped players (Gallagher already getting minutes). Lloyd Isgrove and Omar Rowe are questionable but good enough for Championship clubs.

Next season you never know new manager might prefer Chambers, like he might push Gaston Ramires back into first XI.

Honourable mention to Ward-Prowse too.

What about these players?(rise in near future)

James Alabi

Reece James

Saidy Janko

Adam Armstrong

Ekangamene

Patrick Roberts

Jacob Murphy

Josh Murphy

Tom Thorpe

Moussa Dembele(Fulham)

Leo Chambers

Adam Campbell

Jack Grealish

Will Keane

Max Clayton

Guillermo Varela

Jesse Lingard

;2927719']Hardly ever praised' date=' much like Schniederlin. Two that people think of getting rid of, but I'd grab them. Just get a Southampton youth they rarely fail.

Harrison Reed & Sam Gallagher are the next hotly tipped players (Gallagher already getting minutes). Lloyd Isgrove and Omar Rowe are questionable but good enough for Championship clubs.

Next season you never know new manager might prefer Chambers, like he might push Gaston Ramires back into first XI.

Honourable mention to Ward-Prowse too.[/quote']

Gallagher's actually been a little disappointing, used out of necessity really, he has potential to be a bit of a monster but pretty lacking at the moment. Reed looks very good but we are stacked at CM, faces a similar problem to JWP. Next few off the production line that I anticipate will start getting into the first team squad either in pre-season or towards the end of the next season are Matt Targett, Josh Sims and Jake Hesketh - all look very good. Certainly if Shaw leaves Targett looks like an easy immediate replacement, likewise with Lallana to Sims or Hesketh.

What about these players?(rise in near future)

James Alabi

Reece James

Saidy Janko

Adam Armstrong

Ekangamene

Patrick Roberts

Jacob Murphy

Josh Murphy

Tom Thorpe

Moussa Dembele(Fulham)

Leo Chambers

Adam Campbell

Jack Grealish

Will Keane

Max Clayton

Guillermo Varela

Jesse Lingard

Saidy Janko and Guillermo Varela have the potential to be huge stars. Many are tipping both to break into the first team next season, taking into consideration that LvG did the exact same with Müller and Badstuber a couple of years ago.

Problem is that both of them are by nature right-backs, even though the profile of Janko suits the position better in my opinion. Varela's pace would be a great experiment to deploy ahead of Janko in the right-wing spot.

Moussa Dembele (the young one) is also one to look out for. Again, another example of a player with fantastic all-round physique, with a real eye for goal.

It was very disappointing to see Bony never got his 90, especially when Michu actually kept his 90 rating. I think he has been fantastic this season and almost single handedly kept Swansea in the Premiership. Maybe they are planning another review after the world cup to see how he performs in Brazil. I hope he gets a big move this summer. If he played for Arsenal he'd be a 91 right now. Also Carrick keeping his 92 rating for a team which finished in 7th? He's currently rated higher than Rakitic, Cabaye, Koke, Pogba to name a few. It's crazy. Wake up soccer manager and get some kind of grip on these ratings.