English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

Although Liverpool were not even in the champions league and Suarez got a rise to 95

Suarez is a touch above Aguero in my opinion but yes I understand what your saying it's me trying to think of a reason as to why they never rose him by +1.

SW main purpose is for user to send tickets regarding new players, new clubs, any players position changes, pictures (players, logo, stadium), and also other info (name of stadium, name of manager, capacity of stadium etc) to be added into SM database.

Rating have nothing to do with it. And I personally think people usually got confused with it by the 'rating suggestion' feature.

I get what you are saying but for those who say a player deserves a rating decrease there is usually a counter argument for it.

For example there were shouts for BalotellI to drop. Personally his decent season last season in Italy followed by his poor showing for HALF a season in England for me does not warrant a drop. Granted if his poor form stays then yes by all means a -1.

The Flamini's one yes is a shocker and I am hoping that is an error and gets changed. It has been known to happen though very rarely.

My point is the efficiency of SW is always by in large at question but I imagine none of us really understand how many people are involved in the rating reviews and as such an oversight by one admin on a player (Flamini) may not have been double checked as I imagine it should have been and if not why? Is it down to a skeleton crew of people? Lack of time by those involved due to outside influences? The fact complacency set in a long time ago and as such they are constantly playing catch up? Or a combination of all three? I guess we will truly never know.

I understand gamers disdain at such erratic ratings however without any of us understanding exactly what is going on at SW and why these things happen then I for one will reserve my judgement' date=' though I have been an advocate of the way the previous ratings worked with the mentality of "If it's not broken don't fix it." [/font']

The issue is not the debatable ones. There are always differing opinions on whether or not a player deserves to rise or deserves to drop etc. However, there are a few clear cut ones, such as Paulinho. How in God's green Earth has that man kept a 91 rating? It's frankly unbelievable.

Also, it's about consistency. There are certain players where they will be compared and their ratings should be linked. This consistency is a must in order to keep the ratings system fair and working. If there is no consistency, then we won't understand the ratings system. Take Gianluca Gaudino and Kingsley Coman for example. Both play for the best team in their country and both are hyped prospects. They have both played similar amount of minutes, but one rose from 76 to 78, yet the other went from 78 to 82? There is no consistency here. There are many, many other examples.

Also, if they want to appease people, then there needs to be a criteria for ratings. It can't be arbitrarily assumed, and this game isn't FIFA or FM, where each stat has its own breakdown. It's based on one factor effectively, and so we would like an explanation for it.

As a Chelsea fan, I should say I am very pleased with the rating changes. I just feel one thing that Chelsea defense remains under-rated in SM. Apart from a horrible show at White Hart Lane, Iva-Terry-Cahill-Azpi have been a beast of a combo in the league. Talking about Premier league defenses Chelsea defense sits just above Manchester United's defensive unit rating wise while Kompany enjoys a rating far better than other defenders in the league. Considering every team, situation and player different I just feel its still a bit neglected and Prem defenders are little praised for their work.

I just did a bit of home work supporting my argument. Top 5 Premier League defenses in 2014/15

Team - Goals Conceded - SM Ratings of back four

1. Southampton / 15 Goals / Clyn 89 - Fonte - 88 - Alderweireld 89 - Bertrand 88

2. Chelsea / 19 Goals / Ivanovic 92 - Cahill 91 - Terry 91 - Azpilicueta 91

3. Manchester City / 20 Goals / Zabaleta 92 - Kompany 94 - Mangala/Demichelis 89 - Clichy 91

4. Manchester United / 21 Goals / Jones 89 - Smalling 89 - Blind - 90 - Shaw 88

5. Aston Villa / 23 Goals / Hutton 86 - Valaar 89 - Clark/Okore 86 - Cissokho 87

So according to SM the these top four change in this way

1. Manchester City - 91.5

2. Chelsea - 91.25

3. Manchester United - 89

4. Southampton - 88.50

5. Aston Villa - 87

Harsh on Southampton's defenders and I feel the rating are not able to reflect the true nature of the situation of teams in the Premier League. Just a opinion, waiting for responses.

Riferimento: Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

The issue is not the debatable ones. There are always differing opinions on whether or not a player deserves to rise or deserves to drop etc. However' date=' there are a few clear cut ones, such as Paulinho. How in God's green Earth has that man kept a 91 rating? It's frankly unbelievable.

Also, it's about consistency. There are certain players where they will be compared and their ratings should be linked. This consistency is a must in order to keep the ratings system fair and working. If there is no consistency, then we won't understand the ratings system. Take Gianluca Gaudino and Kingsley Coman for example. Both play for the best team in their country and both are hyped prospects. They have both played similar amount of minutes, but one rose from 76 to 78, yet the other went from 78 to 82? There is no consistency here. There are many, many other examples.

Also, if they want to appease people, then there needs to be a criteria for ratings. It can't be arbitrarily assumed, and this game isn't FIFA or FM, where each stat has its own breakdown. It's based on one factor effectively, and so we would like an explanation for it.[/quote']

The consistency is an old problem of the ratings, i'd say. I was talking about that with other italian forumers. I agree that for some player +1 or not is a matter of subjectivity (for example, Wanyama deserved +1 to me, but it's a personal view) but if we compare players in different leagues some problem is evident.

For example, if Forster jumps to 89 and Ter Stegen keeps his nice 89 with not a single minute in Liga, why Perin stayed at 88? :confused:

I believe that Perin stayed at 88 because an 89 seemed too much for Genoa, for that "invisible cap" of each team that i do believe influence all the rating system. And that is absurd.

Another example: Chadli.

It seems that SM has some problem with Chadli. it took ages to jump him from 87 to 89. And he stayed at 89 since then.

He had 89 when he was a Spurs' benchwarmer, he has 89 when he is one of best Spurs scorers. So, Chadli can't go past 89 , no matter what he does? SM does his ratings according to the season or according to a personal judment on the player, no matter what he his doing? :confused:

Do you honestly see 2 points of difference between Chadli and Lamela or Chadli and Paulinho? :confused:

And, of course, the mother of all absurdities: for all the world, CR7 has been the best player for 2 seasons so far. But who is the best player for SM, no matter what the world is saying ? :rolleyes:

Do you think Bony is worth signing now that he's signed for Manchester City? A lot of people have said that he'll sit on the bench but I think he's better than Dzeko. His value also dropped to 8m today :D

I'm pretty sure he'll start. His physicality and general play will compliment Aguero and give aguero more space.

also as i predicted, +1s for hazard, costa and matic.

was 50/50 on Courtois, though imo he isnt better than De Gea right now

*shrug* apparently there's been delayed WC rises for guys like Blind and Rojo or something.

Do you think Bony is worth signing now that he's signed for Manchester City? A lot of people have said that he'll sit on the bench but I think he's better than Dzeko. His value also dropped to 8m today :D

He is miles better than Dzeko. I'd get him.

Jovetic is rumoured to leave as well.

Justice has been made for José Fonte today' date=' good call SM.[/quote']

You beat me to it, mate. :P I was precisely gonna talk about Fonte. What I think it's most relevant is that, this time, SW didn't discriminate against a 30+ year-old player.

They may screw up often, but kudos to them in this one!

No drop for Balotelli and Paulinho???? :eek:

What a joke!!!

Why Glen Johnson drop and Balotelli stay? This is ridiculous!

Correct' date=' all 3 should have dropped.

Kagawa ,Kiessling ,Ramires, Montolivo ,Farfan ,Podolski ,Kuba or Valero are not odd ?

Wait a minute, are the last 3 still 91 rated? :o

Also a bit dissapointed in Azpil but the rest looks mint

It's definitely an improvement, compared to the Bundesliga review.

Amazed Cahill didnt rise to 92. One of the best CBs in the league last season and been very good this season too.

Surely they need to recheck some of the Chelsea ratings? There defence is arguably the best in the league but on here its a 91-91-91-91....Only slightly better rated than Arsenal (At fullbacks) which in real life they are way better. Then someone like David Luiz who is still rated higher...seriously SM?

Compare it to Europes big clubs (Bayern/Real/Barca etc) Chelseas defence is rating much lower, but are probably actually better as a defence.... Could argue the whole back four of Chelsea should have got a +1... Another terrible review from SM, becoming a joke now.

Re: Riferimento: Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

The consistency is an old problem of the ratings' date=' i'd say. I was talking about that with other italian forumers. I agree that for some player +1 or not is a matter of subjectivity (for example, Wanyama deserved +1 to me, but it's a personal view) but if we compare players in different leagues some problem is evident.

For example, if Forster jumps to 89 and Ter Stegen keeps his nice 89 with not a single minute in Liga, why Perin stayed at 88? :confused:

I believe that Perin stayed at 88 because an 89 seemed too much for Genoa, for that "invisible cap" of each team that i do believe influence all the rating system. And that is absurd.

Another example: Chadli.

It seems that SM has some problem with Chadli. it took ages to jump him from 87 to 89. And he stayed at 89 since then.

He had 89 when he was a Spurs' benchwarmer, he has 89 when he is one of best Spurs scorers. So, Chadli can't go past 89 , no matter what he does? SM does his ratings according to the season or according to a personal judment on the player, no matter what he his doing? :confused:

Do you honestly see 2 points of difference between Chadli and Lamela or Chadli and Paulinho? :confused:

And, of course, the mother of all absurdities: for all the world, CR7 has been the best player for 2 seasons so far. But who is the best player for SM, no matter what the world is saying ? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yes, it's infuriating. That's my point. I want increased consistency. The rating system breaks down if there is no consistency. You cannot rate a player at 91 and a player who is better and plays on the same team at 89. This is currently the case with Paulinho and Chadli, and it is a joke.

However, your comparisons differ a little bit. Comparing ter Stegen, Forster, and Perin is not the kind of consistency and comparison I am talking about. It's hard to compare because they are playing in different leagues across different levels to teams of different standards.

Rekik should rise too' date=' i think +2 would be right. Aguero shouldn't get a rise now IMO.[/quote']

Rekik +2 is fair. Aguero has a very good shout for a rise. Looking at trophies, Goals, Goals per game, Goals per shot etc etc he is a weapon.

As a Chelsea fan' date=' I should say I am very pleased with the rating changes. I just feel one thing that Chelsea defense remains under-rated in SM. Apart from a horrible show at White Hart Lane, Iva-Terry-Cahill-Azpi have been a beast of a combo in the league. Talking about Premier league defenses Chelsea defense sits just above Manchester United's defensive unit rating wise while Kompany enjoys a rating far better than other defenders in the league. Considering every team, situation and player different I just feel its still a bit neglected and Prem defenders are little praised for their work.

I just did a bit of home work supporting my argument. Top 5 Premier League defenses in 2014/15

Team - Goals Conceded - SM Ratings of back four

1. Southampton / 15 Goals / Clyn 89 - Fonte - 88 - Alderweireld 89 - Bertrand 88

2. Chelsea / 19 Goals / Ivanovic 92 - Cahill 91 - Terry 91 - Azpilicueta 91

3. Manchester City / 20 Goals / Zabaleta 92 - Kompany 94 - Mangala/Demichelis 89 - Clichy 91

4. Manchester United / 21 Goals / Jones 89 - Smalling 89 - Blind - 90 - Shaw 88

5. Aston Villa / 23 Goals / Hutton 86 - Valaar 89 - Clark/Okore 86 - Cissokho 87

So according to SM the these top four change in this way

1. Manchester City - 91.5

2. Chelsea - 91.25

3. Manchester United - 89

4. Southampton - 88.50

5. Aston Villa - 87

Harsh on Southampton's defenders and I feel the rating are not able to reflect the true nature of the situation of teams in the Premier League. Just a opinion, waiting for responses.[/font']

Very interesting point. That said trophies and performance count as well, So Villas defenders with no trophies and no CL will never be the same as say Man united.

Sign Bony. No one but Pellegrini knows who is gonna get the starts and minutes' date=' but Dzeko always has leabing rumours, Bony just got bought. go with the likely thing.

Amazed Cahill didnt rise to 92. One of the best CBs in the league last season and been very good this season too.

Surely they need to recheck some of the Chelsea ratings? There defence is arguably the best in the league but on here its a 91-91-91-91....Only slightly better rated than Arsenal (At fullbacks) which in real life they are way better. Then someone like David Luiz who is still rated higher...seriously SM?

Compare it to Europes big clubs (Bayern/Real/Barca etc) Chelseas defence is rating much lower, but are probably actually better as a defence.... Could argue the whole back four of Chelsea should have got a +1... Another terrible review from SM, becoming a joke now.

Definately could have. Chelsea in all their solidness probably shouldt be compared to Bayern or Madrid or barca. Without bringin uo some undeserved ratings like Pique, theses 3 clubs have been on top of wold football for 5-7 years consistently so player accumulate the ratings. Chelsea had a dead patch for a few years when the Manchesters were battling it out.

Defenders always seem to get shafted on SM. Also had a look at Demichelis' date=' has he seriously not received an increase since Jan 2013? Wow.[/quote']

Demi really should be 90, simple as that.

Defenders always seem to get shafted on SM. Also had a look at Demichelis' date=' has he seriously not received an increase since Jan 2013? Wow.[/quote']

Yeah I did ask couple of weeks back if he would rise and consensus was he wudnt coz hes old, and if he was to rise he should have by now really. Oh well...

I am just disappointed by lack of Chadli rise lol . His rise would have made 11 90's in my team but my eriksen rose though , I expected erik stay and chad rise though .

Few wierd ones , but overall epl reviews seem to be better than Bundes I think