English Premiership Rating Predictions

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions

The thing with Mangala though is if he rises above Demichelis it would be outrageous. They play similar minutes' date=' and Demichelis has been far better and for a longer period of time as well.[/quote']

I agree and both should be 90. If only 1 could be Demichelis deserve it more (was terrible last night) but both should be.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly SM need to start paying more attention to the other major european leagues, and stop being so harsh on EPL players.. We are talking here of the toughest domestic league in the world, players i

Team Ratings 16/17 Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Cardiff - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here Crystal Palace - Click Here Everton - Click H

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions Updated all the teams with new ratings and players , will do the promoted sides later. Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here

Posted Images

Cahill stayed at 91? what a joke…

Whats the deal with SM always favoring Spaniards and Germs, and any other nationality to be fair, over Englishmen... EPL IS the most competitive League in the world, you can't base ratings on European success or National cups… I dont care what people say, a league is NOT about a few 'classicos'. Its a test of consistency through a season to determine the teams hierarchy, promotion and relegation. It IS the most accurate system of finding the best team in a country of that time period. Cup leaves a lot to chance.

Guess its a case of 'the grass is always greener' syndrome

Cahill 91 > Boateng 93. Nuff said

Whats the deal with SM always favoring Spaniards and Germs' date=' and any other nationality to be fair, over Englishmen... EPL IS the most competitive League in the world, you can't base ratings on European success or National cups… I dont care what people say, a league is NOT about a few 'classicos'. Its a test of consistency through a season to determine the teams hierarchy, promotion and relegation. It IS the most accurate system of finding the best team in a country of that time period. Cup leaves a lot to chance.

Cahill 91 > Boateng 93. Nuff said[/quote']

No offence, mate, but you can't possibly be serious! :eek: Apart from a few exceptions, English players are usually overhyped. Cahill is underrated (one of the exceptions).

And maybe Spanish players are very highly rated, coz they won 2 Euros and a WC consecutively. And Germany won the last WC, while reaching at least the semis in every big NT competition since 2006.

Plus, many Spanish and German players are in the 3 best clubs in the world: Bayern, Real and Barça. The latter is debatable atm, but they were the best club in the world for many of the past years.

No offence' date=' mate, but you can't possibly be serious! :eek: Apart from a few exceptions, English players are usually overhyped. Cahill is underrated (one of the exceptions).

And maybe Spanish players are very highly rated, coz they won 2 Euros and a WC consecutively. And Germany won the last WC, while reaching at least the semis in every big NT competition since 2006.

Plus, many Spanish and German players are in the 3 best clubs in the world: Bayern, Real and Barça. The latter is debatable atm, but they were the best club in the world for many of the past years.[/quote']

If you are talking about overhyped Youth players then yes, you are right. Later they all seem to stagnate at certain point… in SM rating terms.

And you just seemed to completely overlook my main point to achieve your reasoning… I said Cups are far too random to be taken as viable mirrors of players ability… Thats probably why rating stagnate, cuz English don't do so well internationally. SM praises too much on Cups… Should focus more on Leagues. Yes Boateng won the WC/Bundesliga but what did he do except be part of the German national team and Bayern Munich? The guy is an average defender, at best, Hummels and Lahm made him look good. Cahill is a top defender in top form for 3 seasons and is 2 points lower, Benatia is 92, Pique is 95, Kompany is 94……….. In this context Cahill should be 93.

If you are talking about overhyped Youth players then yes' date=' you are right. Later they all seem to stagnate at certain point… in SM rating terms.

And you just seemed to completely overlook my main point to achieve your reasoning… I said Cups are far too random to be taken as viable mirrors of players ability… Thats probably why cuz English don't do so well internationally, cuz SM praises too much on Cups… Should focus more on Leagues. Yes Boateng won the WC/Bundesliga but what did he do except be part of the German national team and Bayern Munich? The guy is an average defender, at best, Hummels and Lahm made him look good. Cahill is a top defender in top form for 3 seasons and is 2 points lower, Benatia is 92, Pique is 95, Kompany is 94……….. In this context Cahill should be 93.[/quote']

I agree with you on Boateng. I don't think he's that good and he owes his rating mainly to his club and NT's success.

Like I said before, Cahill is one of the underrated English players in SM. The only one I can think of atm, other than him, is Terry.

However, I can tell you loads of overrated English players: like Rooney, (especially when compared to the likes of Costa or Aguero), Wilshere, Walcott, Kyle Walker, Cleverley, Barkley or Lambert.

I think the rating system should be based on various factors, such as game time, player form, the importance of the league he plays in, the success of his team and NT.

But if you're familiar with SW, you know that often they care more about hype. 1 thing SW does is overhype youngsters and neglect older players. SW must have plenty of English users, who will have the tendency to vote for rises for English players. It ain't a crime, it's kind of understandable. :D

I have absolutely nothing against England, I even like the country, which btw is probably my nation's biggest historical ally. :)

Some Spanish and German player ratings are excessively high, true. For instance a few overrated Spanish players are Piqué, Iniesta, Xavi or Arbeloa.

But I believe the best players from those 2 NTs should be highly rated, mate.

If you are talking about overhyped Youth players then yes' date=' you are right. Later they all seem to stagnate at certain point… in SM rating terms.

And you just seemed to completely overlook my main point to achieve your reasoning… I said Cups are far too random to be taken as viable mirrors of players ability… Thats probably why rating stagnate, cuz English don't do so well internationally. SM praises too much on Cups… Should focus more on Leagues. [b']Yes Boateng won the WC/Bundesliga but what did he do except be part of the German national team and Bayern Munich?[/b] The guy is an average defender, at best, Hummels and Lahm made him look good. Cahill is a top defender in top form for 3 seasons and is 2 points lower, Benatia is 92, Pique is 95, Kompany is 94……….. In this context Cahill should be 93.

Yeah, what did he do besides playing in one of the 3 top clubs in the world in the past few years. The way you write almost seems that Munich and Germany plays with -1 when Boating is there and that Hummels and Lahm quality makes up for it. In all honesty Hummels didn't do that good in the last 2 years since he rose to 93.

I don't like Boateng that much, but he has improved and won a lot in the last 2 years. I don't like Cahill too, don't think is that great as you claim him to be, yes, he's a good defender and i believe a 92 is the fair rating for him at the moment. Kompany is overrated and so is Pique, and the last one by a lot.

Yeah' date=' what did he do besides playing in one of the 3 top clubs in the world in the past few years. The way you write almost seems that Munich and Germany plays with -1 when Boating is there and that Hummels and Lahm quality makes up for it. In all honesty Hummels didn't do that good in the last 2 years since he rose to 93.

I don't like Boateng that much, but he has improved and won a lot in the last 2 years. I don't like Cahill too, don't think is that great as you claim him to be, yes, he's a good defender and i believe a 92 is the fair rating for him at the moment. Kompany is overrated and so is Pique, and the last one by a lot.[/quote']

Spot on with everything there.

Whats the deal with SM always favoring Spaniards and Germs' date=' and any other nationality to be fair, over Englishmen... EPL IS the most competitive League in the world, you can't base ratings on European success or National cups… I dont care what people say, a league is NOT about a few 'classicos'. Its a test of consistency through a season to determine the teams hierarchy, promotion and relegation. It IS the most accurate system of finding the best team in a country of that time period. Cup leaves a lot to chance.

Cahill 91 > Boateng 93. Nuff said[/quote']

Hmm Cahill showed in last night game why he's 91. Got owned by Sterling, he was the last man and he just watched, terrible defending.

Courtrois did not deserve a +1 to a 93. He's on and off' date=' on and off, etc.[/quote']

93 is a damn high rating for such a young player and especially a keeper, but if any young keeper deserves it its got to be him (personally I'd like to see him and De Gea both 92) but considering the incredible season Atletico had last season and the fact he's managed to oust Cech then it's difficult to argue otherwise...

And I'm a Utd fan!

Whats happening with Kramaric?

He should have got at least +1 for his goal rampage in Croatia' date='is it wise keeping him for a month or two?[/quote']

+1 at the end of the season is possible if he has a good start at Leicester.

Croatian league isn't that big so 85 was about right I'd say.

Rubbish.

He was a key element in Atlético's successes last season and is proving to be as reliable now at Chelsea' date=' albeit with less work to do.[/quote']

Hard to argue with this but I think 92 was perfect for courtois and he could have gotten 93 if chelsea wins league . But cant say 93 is undeserved also I guess.