English Premiership Rating Predictions

Matic is simply a monster.

He can do everything and he can take care of business' date=' defensively speaking, even if he plays as the only DM of his team and he can do that against very strong teams (with a lot of offensive quality) too![/quote']

Agreed, it's a shame he can't play DMC by himself in SM though!

Every time I try I get overrun....

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly SM need to start paying more attention to the other major european leagues, and stop being so harsh on EPL players.. We are talking here of the toughest domestic league in the world, players i

Team Ratings 16/17 Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Cardiff - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here Crystal Palace - Click Here Everton - Click H

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions Updated all the teams with new ratings and players , will do the promoted sides later. Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here

Posted Images

Wrong....

Matic is far superior to Busquets at winning the ball back and breaking up play in general.... Bisquets spends far too much time rolling around on the ground for a defensive midfielder...

Busquets is very good in posession but then again' date=' Matic is no slouch, but in terms of the main job of a defensive midfield player it's like comparing night and day, Matic for me all day long [/quote']

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5100162[/ATTACH]

post-42778-144895570446_thumb.jpg

Ven - Mert Is very doubful to rise, if he were going to it would ave been after last season when Arsenals back pair were as good as any in the league (equal with Chelseas) This year he was okay but uninspiring. Iva has a chance at 93, but personally id like to see him stay and watch Terry (done) Azpi and Cahill all rise for an equal 92 defence across the baord. Ivanovic 40/60. Mert close to 0%. Bettinelli should be 80-82 break out season and has rose alot already. Stay at the helm and get 84 next season.

Ven - Mert Is very doubful to rise' date=' if he were going to it would ave been after last season when Arsenals back pair were as good as any in the league (equal with Chelseas) This year he was okay but uninspiring. Iva has a chance at 93, but personally id like to see him stay and watch Terry (done) Azpi and Cahill all rise for an equal 92 defence across the baord. Ivanovic 40/60. Mert close to 0%. Bettinelli should be 80-82 break out season and has rose alot already. Stay at the helm and get 84 next season.[/quote']

Thanks Cam.

Agreed that he should have rise last season - when the Per - Kosc pair was good.

You think is it possible for SM to +1 all Chelsea back for this review? (bar Terry)

what does Aguero have to do to get a 95?

Suárez got 95 for smashing the PL apart and then LOSING the Title... meanwhile Aguero's won two league titles (one literally won by him) and has the best goals to minute ratio in the division. he picks up injuries, sure, but whenever he's fit he absolutely batters the PL and his rating should reflect that. also: that hattrick in the Allianz was boss.

also: Alexis should be rated 94, right?

Read up the feed and was shocked to see someone even debating Matic vs. Busquets. Yes, he is incredibly bad for his simulation but how many were before him and how many will after? Why do you think Barca let go of Toure back in the day? Busquets is (95) and justified as the best DM in the world. Think about the (4-2-3-1) formation...Chelsea play it and play someone next to Matic. Whilst, Barcelona, do they do the same? No. Do you see Rakitic/Iniesta tracking back? I think not. He's an absolute monster. Now, that's not to say Matic isn't a classy player and one that deserves a rise from (92) because, imo, he does (be that to 93 or 94 - most likely 93 for me).

Right, I agree Aguero needs a move to (95) however is he on the same level as a Suarez? I'm a United fan and openly hate his guts but he's by FAR the best striker in the world right now by a country mile so I don't see Aguero getting his move until Luis gets his (96).

Alexis wise, I agree with Cam with his evaluation that it's 50/50.

Read up the feed and was shocked to see someone even debating Matic vs. Busquets. Yes' date=' he is incredibly bad for his simulation but how many were before him and how many will after? Why do you think Barca let go of Toure back in the day? Busquets is (95) and justified as the best DM in the world. Think about the (4-2-3-1) formation...Chelsea play it and play someone next to Matic. Whilst, Barcelona, do they do the same? No. Do you see Rakitic/Iniesta tracking back? I think not. He's an absolute monster. Now, that's not to say Matic isn't a classy player and one that deserves a rise from (92) because, imo, he does (be that to 93 or 94 - most likely 93 for me).

Right, I agree Aguero needs a move to (95) however is he on the same level as a Suarez? I'm a United fan and openly hate his guts but he's by FAR the best striker in the world right now by a country mile so I don't see Aguero getting his move until Luis gets his (96).

Alexis wise, I agree with Cam with his evaluation that it's 50/50.[/quote']

Rakitic and Inesta don't track back?

So Barcelona won the treble with 1 yes 1 player doing ALL the donkey work in midfield? If that were actually true I'd say give him 200 rating...

Barcelona press as a team, 4-3-3 and they defend from the top, Suarez puts brilliant pressure on the CB to force the mistake, and that only the start, you don't play in that Barca team unless you work your socks off (or unless your Messi!)

Come on, you can't be serious....

Rakitic and Inesta don't track back?

So Barcelona won the treble with 1 yes 1 player doing ALL the donkey work in midfield? If that were actually true I'd say give him 200 rating...

Barcelona press as a team' date=' 4-3-3 and they defend from the top, Suarez puts brilliant pressure on the CB to force the mistake, and that only the start, you don't play in that Barca team unless you work your socks off (or unless your Messi!)

Come on, you can't be serious....[/quote']

yeah Busquets isn't a defensive shield like that. as healy here says, he's part of a system.

also even Messi is working hard these days! not in every game, sure, but he busts his backside on plenty of occasions.

Neymar and (especially) Suárez set the tone tho. incredible defenders the pair of them (another reason why both are worth 96, thus allowing Aguero to be 95)

when is Lamela gonna drop btw? no way that dude is worth 91, 90 MAYBE but 89 more like.

Haha this busquets Matic comparison, Matic isnt even in the same league, Ridiculous. People pointing out other help Busquets out lol whereas Dont recognise Matic plays in one of the most defensive teams in the world amongst the elite teams, Mou even makes hazard track back and prefers workhorses like willian in middle and then goes with 2 dms (ramires) in big matches and calls on zouma and mikel too if leading late in game lol. In mou system defensive players always do well because they get amazing amount of protection, no wonder likes or terry etc were exposed under avb when they tried to play high line.

What busquets does is way more difficult and he is 10 times the player matic is, matic would never get into a barca or even bayern. And for the record Schniederlin was the best dm in the league last season not matic if you actually watch games. But I am not surprised player playing for the champions gets more recognition , Matic was absolute avg since the turn of the year.... Sometimes I wonder do people even watch games, its basically because Matic outmuscled yaya once he gets a beast tag, and no matter how bad he plays after that he just keeps being mentioned as best dm, Its Like Kompany who has been garbage since citys first title yet its taken people 3 years to realise that. Matic is pretty good though, but to compare him to Busquets or call him best dm etc lol is absolute pisstake.

Haha this busquets Matic comparison' date=' Matic isnt even in the same league, Ridiculous. People pointing out other help Busquets out lol whereas Dont recognise Matic plays in one of the most defensive teams in the world amongst the elite teams, Mou even makes hazard track back and prefers workhorses like willian in middle and then goes with 2 dms (ramires) in big matches and calls on zouma and mikel too if leading late in game lol. In mou system defensive players always do well because they get amazing amount of protection, no wonder likes or terry etc were exposed under avb when they tried to play high line. What busquets does is way more difficult and he is 10 times the player matic is, matic would never get into a barca or even bayern. And for the record Schniederlin was the best dm in the league last season not matic if you actually watch games. But I am not surprised player playing for the champions gets more recognition , Matic was absolute avg since the turn of the year.... Sometimes I wonder do people even watch games, its basically because Matic outmuscled yaya once he gets a beast tag, and no matter how bad he plays after that he just keeps being mentioned as best dm, It Like Kompany who has been garbage since citys first title yet its taken people 3 years to realise that. Matic is pretty good though, but to compare him to Busquets or call him best dm etc lol is absolute pisstake.[/quote']

Got 2-3 lines in and gave up TBH....

Paragraphs cost nothing mate!

Haha this busquets Matic comparison' date=' Matic isnt even in the same league, Ridiculous. People pointing out other help Busquets out lol whereas Dont recognise Matic plays in one of the most defensive teams in the world amongst the elite teams, Mou even makes hazard track back and prefers workhorses like willian in middle and then goes with 2 dms (ramires) in big matches and calls on zouma and mikel too if leading late in game lol. In mou system defensive players always do well because they get amazing amount of protection, no wonder likes or terry etc were exposed under avb when they tried to play high line.

What busquets does is way more difficult and he is 10 times the player matic is, matic would never get into a barca or even bayern. And for the record Schniederlin was the best dm in the league last season not matic if you actually watch games. But I am not surprised player playing for the champions gets more recognition , Matic was absolute avg since the turn of the year.... Sometimes I wonder do people even watch games, its basically because Matic outmuscled yaya once he gets a beast tag, and no matter how bad he plays after that he just keeps being mentioned as best dm, Its Like Kompany who has been garbage since citys first title yet its taken people 3 years to realise that. Matic is pretty good though, but to compare him to Busquets or call him best dm etc lol is absolute pisstake.[/quote']

True this but people around here are either too biased or too ignorant to accept it

True this but people around here are either too biased or too ignorant to accept it

First off, it's not ignorant for another person to have a different opinion, it's simply an opposing opinion, it's football, it's all about opinions.... I'm not right, but your not right either, truth is there is no law that says one player better than another.

Now split this in 2....

1. SM terms, obviously someone would be crazy not to take Busquets, better rating, age, NT, club, positional cover... It's a no brainer..

2. RL, ( and that's what was being discussed) Defensive midfield player, win the ball back is your main job, protect. Very simple. Now who would you fancy coming out the other end of a 50-50 tackle, Matic or (crumbles like) Biscuits....

RL' date=' ( and that's what was being discussed) Defensive midfield player, win the ball back is your main job, protect. Very simple. Now who would you fancy coming out the other end of a 50-50 tackle, Matic or (crumbles like) Biscuits....

[/quote']

Thats absolutely nonsense, so by that logic you would rather take steve sidwell or parker over xabi alonso because hes more likely to come out on other other end of a 50-50 ? You are comparing a rolls royce to a fiat mate.... At the expnse of sounding I am generalising I would say this is typical british way of thinking, If you think you would rather have Matic over Busquets who has won euro,world cup and multiple Cls in your team you are utterly biased, its like you are blind to every other quality a great dm like busquets has, positioning, anticipation, passing and also keeping the ball and launching attacks from deep. I cant even believe I am explaining this tbh... Matic would probably be destroyed playing in front of a high line defence..

And even in Pl itself, Schniederlin was way better that Matic over the season ( SOt only conceded 1 more than chelsea whole season despite being much inferior side), also Coquelin statistically destroyed Matic in every category after his emergence.... This matic lovefest sometimes gets a bit embarrasing tbh its like people dont even watch football. Hes very good but thats where it ends, hes no mythical beast or best dm.. he isnt even best in th PL imo.

First off' date=' it's not ignorant for another person to have a different opinion, it's simply an opposing opinion, it's football, it's all about opinions.... I'm not right, but your not right either, truth is there is no law that says one player better than another.

[/quote']

I agree with you here and I do not think that one is better player than the other, but I do find Busquets a more valuable asset for a team. He is not your average hack and slash type midfielder but a linchpin who holds everything together and I don't find Matic will ever be better than Busquets in that role. After saying that, I find this is more of a question of taste but also of perception because you don't really notice Busquets on the field as opposed to Matic and his more physical approach.

Thats absolutely nonsense' date=' so by that logic you would rather take steve sidwell or parker over xabi alonso because hes more likely to come out on other other end of a 50-50 ? You are comparing a rolls royce to a fiat mate.... At the expnse of sounding I am generalising I would say this is typical british way of thinking, If you think you would rather have Matic over Busquets who has won euro,world cup and multiple Cls in your team you are utterly biased, its like you are blind to every other quality a great dm like busquets has, positioning, anticipation, passing and also keeping the ball and launching attacks from deep. I cant even believe I am explaining this tbh... Matic would probably be destroyed playing in front of a high line defence..

And even in Pl itself, Schniederlin was way better that Matic over the season ( SOt only conceded 1 more than chelsea whole season despite being much inferior side), also Coquelin statistically destroyed Matic in every category after his emergence.... This matic lovefest sometimes gets a bit embarrasing tbh its like people dont even watch football. Hes very good but thats where it ends, hes no mythical beast or best dm.. he isnt even best in th PL imo.[/quote']

nailed it.