.CFC

English Premiership Rating Predictions

Sunderland fan so take what I rate with a pinch of salt if you must but I try not to be biased, current ratings are in brackets. 

Defoe(87) +1, 15 league goal season he should never have got the -1 in December. 

Lens(89) -1, very poor and barely played. Suspect he'll be sold in the summer anyway. 

Cattermole(87) +1, crucial as ever to our survival, genuinely underrated player for a while now but it's a bit of a pipe dream. 

Kirchhoff(87) +1, honestly could walk into most sides below the top 6. Brilliant player.

Kone(86) +1, since his January move he's been an absolute rock in defence. 

O'Shea(86) -1, possible due to age and time out of the side.

Brown(85) -1, again barely featured this season and I'm expecting him to retire. 

Borini should get a positional change from AM(RL),F(RLC) to AM,F(RLC)

I think everyone else involved will stay where they are now that safety is all but secured. 

Haven't watched them play, he'll could get the -1 in the winter then.

Why are you so hellbent on seeing him get a downgrade? He's really flourished in this Stoke side that have managed to do pretty well considering they've been absolutely plagued with injuries all season. it's only been the last few games where they've had nothing to play for that the side have looked poor, and Afellay plays no part in that because he's currently injured. 

Sunderland fan so take what I rate with a pinch of salt if you must but I try not to be biased, current ratings are in brackets. 

Defoe(87) +1, 15 league goal season he should never have got the -1 in December. 

Lens(89) -1, very poor and barely played. Suspect he'll be sold in the summer anyway. 

Cattermole(87) +1, crucial as ever to our survival, genuinely underrated player for a while now but it's a bit of a pipe dream. 

Kirchhoff(87) +1, honestly could walk into most sides below the top 6. Brilliant player.

Kone(86) +1, since his January move he's been an absolute rock in defence. 

O'Shea(86) -1, possible due to age and time out of the side.

Brown(85) -1, again barely featured this season and I'm expecting him to retire. 

Borini should get a positional change from AM(RL),F(RLC) to AM,F(RLC)

I think everyone else involved will stay where they are now that safety is all but secured. 

Good stuff. What's your opinion on Billy Jones?

Why are you so hellbent on seeing him get a downgrade? He's really flourished in this Stoke side that have managed to do pretty well considering they've been absolutely plagued with injuries all season. it's only been the last few games where they've had nothing to play for that the side have looked poor, and Afellay plays no part in that because he's currently injured. 

He could get it, it's a possibility, if he does not recover well from his ACL tear (unfortunate), then he could drop. But I agree with you. 

If Newcastle get relegated how much is Andros Townsend going to drop?

has to be -1 could be -2. ive said earlier i like 2 views for relegated, one on performance and vwery early next season on coefficeint of the Champ. Andros been one of the better so i like -1 and another -1 if he stays there.

Leko +6? That will only take him to 78. Playing in west brom first team and just turned 17 that's impressive.

newly in the team, 78 is more than fair. dont sell him though :)

Schweinsteiger -1 or -2?

played a bit, i think a -1 might be tolerable in my mind though on pure performance a -2, but i think we will see conservatism here.

Billy Jones is a poor player who hasn't really featured that much. Lost his starting place to Deandre Yedlin so make of that what you will. Wouldn't be surprised to see him drop but he's already an 86 so 85 might be a bit harsh for a premier league backup full back. 

To some of the above, I've been saying Clyne has shout for a 91 a couple months back, he's been the best player in the backline all season, and even if they dont win Europa i think he deserves a 91

Any chance Mahrez/Kante can get a +2 (will obviously at least get a +1)..... Kante probably the more likely for a +2

and how about a +1 for Firmino? he's been on fire in 2016... or too soon? 

May have come a bit soon for Firmino but if the likes of Lukaku, Icardi ect hit 91 would not be against him just squeezing it with how long in between reviews now... Only a matter of time & has a good few seasons behind him.

Not convinced winning the Europa should have too much effect as the Sevilla ratings show.

To some of the above, I've been saying Clyne has shout for a 91 a couple months back, he's been the best player in the backline all season, and even if they dont win Europa i think he deserves a 91

Any chance Mahrez/Kante can get a +2 (will obviously at least get a +1)..... Kante probably the more likely for a +2

and how about a +1 for Firmino? he's been on fire in 2016... or too soon? 

Mahrez to 91 and Kante to 90!

I'm trying hard to be serious after what just occured but Martial 91 despite the utter travesty Man U have been ?

17 goals alll comps 8 assists and still 1 game and a Fa Cup Final to go?

90 only for Martial for me. Giroud regualrly acheives those numbers and Arsenal are better and its debateable that he has 91, and he has been doing it a while. Martialk will likely only continue to improve and rise, especially if united get their gear together

I would be happy to see Mane a 90. Stats aren't always everything although their very important so is impact and Martial has had a big impact on that United side, he's the go to player he has to carry the team despite the talent and league position I would say Southampton probably have a better first 11 than united with the way Koeman makes them play to a comparison of whatever LVG tactics are.

Guaranteed (as much as one can be with SM)

Kane +2

Alderweireld +1

Alli +3/2

Dembele +1

Rose +1/2

Dier +1/2

Eriksen +1

Maybes

Lloris +1

Lamela +1

Less Likely

Walker +1

Vertonghen +1

There is no way there will be so many risers, as good as they have been they are on 69 points, we have had teams get 75 - 80 and not get so many risers, I see Kane and Eriksen get + 1 rises, if Kane starts and scores in the Euros he will get a 92, but i think they will keep him at 91, Lloris is not better than any 92 rated keeper and Lamela a 92 is very optimistic

Kane absolutely has to hit 92. Consistent and high number of goals for 2 seasons now. People are asking the question with Lacazette in a similar situation and arguably worse league.

Compare him to someone like Van Persie who managed to get to a 94 midseason and it was only his 2nd big season haul. He managed 48 over those 2 seasons at Arsenal. Kane has managed 46 in two seasons at Spurs, even with breaking into the team in November last season and not scoring for the first 8 games of this. He absolutely deserves 92

I'm not even a spurs fan but come on he's one of the best forwards in the league.

Also a difference with this Spurs team and previous 2nd place teams is several (Rose, Dier, Alli) are young and lower rated. Increasing them all to 89 would be fair. I agree Lamela and Lloris is a stretch but Dembele and Erikson I think definitely deserve it. 

Even with these ratings increases they would only be probably the 4th best team in the league in terms of ratings. Mata is still a 93 for context.

Kane absolutely has to hit 92. Consistent and high number of goals for 2 seasons now. People are asking the question with Lacazette in a similar situation and arguably worse league.

Compare him to someone like Van Persie who managed to get to a 94 midseason and it was only his 2nd big season haul. He managed 48 over those 2 seasons at Arsenal. Kane has managed 46 in two seasons at Spurs, even with breaking into the team in November last season and not scoring for the first 8 games of this. He absolutely deserves 92

I'm not even a spurs fan but come on he's one of the best forwards in the league.

Also a difference with this Spurs team and previous 2nd place teams is several (Rose, Dier, Alli) are young and lower rated. Increasing them all to 89 would be fair. I agree Lamela and Lloris is a stretch but Dembele and Erikson I think definitely deserve it. 

Even with these ratings increases they would only be probably the 4th best team in the league in terms of ratings. Mata is still a 93 for context.

Kane definitely goes to 92!

Comparing to Van Persie is absurd he was playing for a team that was in the Champions League, he has been really good for two seasons and he has been rewarded consistently as reflected in his rating increases, SM doesnt give easy rises now, plus Kane's team did not play in the Champions League, did not win any cups and he isnt a guaranteed starter in his national team, these are the reasons i can think of.  I was mentioning the + 1 for Vertonghen, Lloris Walker that is not happening, who is the best central defender in the league right now ?

I would say Koscielny and Kompany and their ratings reflect that.. Its been a really poor season and that is reflected in the table and number of points each team has..

I agree with Hoggzeh, Kane should be a 92 from me aswell. He's turning into one of the best in the league, in the last 2 seasons although he's played more games in all competitions he's out scored Aguero who you would probably say is the best striker in the league? If my facts are right in the EPL aguero has about 4/5 more goals than Kane in the last 2 seasons and due to Kane and his goal scoring Tottenham wouldn't of challenged for the league this season without him. He could get into any team in the league as a first choice striker in my opinion. He's starting to play in the national team although I agree he's not a garaunteed starter he's certainly the best striker this country has to offer at the minute.