English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

Townsend is the only player at Newcastle with a higher end rating that should stay. Everyone else should drop -1, although there can be a case made for other Jan arrivals to stay. They've been terrible all season. 9 games under Benitez doesn't change that, especially when you can't beat Villa. 

That's exactly what I'm saying, he's in the provisional squad he still might get dropped yet, he's played very well since joining Newcastle and has made the England squad because in his position there isn't really any other choices and he happens to be one of Roy's favourite it seems. But it doesn't change the fact he's just been relegated.. If HE STAYS at Newcastle who will be playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP next season against BURTON ALBION how does that warrant an 88 rated player (or 89 with a rise) that's just ridiculous.

So by that rational if Messi rocks up at St James in the morning he should be dropped to 88 or 87?

Or flip side, if Townsend rocks up at a CL team when then?

Again, I state, very obviously if players form is not taken into account when dishing out ratings it's time to pack up the game entirely....

A stats based SM is THE worst possible thing that could happen. Ever

As for talking about Newcastle being relagated, Lascelles hasn't featured much when he's played he's been very good, I also thought he was good before he joined Newcastle he's only an 83 but surely deserves +2? (Before someone says why should he rise when I've banged on about Newcastle players dropping is the fact he's only an 83 and not an 88/89/90)

Regardless of what SM actually do, if you honestly think Townsend deserves to drop a rating to 87 you are mental.

There is no sane argument for it, an 88 rating is fine for a championship player.

Townsend has been with Newcastle since January and has been in fine form for them, not his fault they have been relegated. If he carries on his form he should happily stay at his 88. The last time Newcastle got relegated players like Carroll and Nolan rose in ratings for there form in the championship, players also dropped but they were 90 rated and only went to 88.

There are plenty of wingers that Roy could select ahead of Townsend and some that are absolutely his favourites, he has been picked on his form.

So by that rational if Messi rocks up at St James in the morning he should be dropped to 88 or 87?

Or flip side, if Townsend rocks up at a CL team when then?

Again, I state, very obviously if players form is not taken into account when dishing out ratings it's time to pack up the game entirely....

A stats based SM is THE worst possible thing that could happen. Ever

Exactly. If it's done by league status, Vardy should be 94 since Leicester finished above Man City and he finished the season with equal amount of goals as Aguero.

Regardless of what SM actually do, if you honestly think Townsend deserves to drop a rating to 87 you are mental.

There is no sane argument for it, an 88 rating is fine for a championship player.

Townsend has been with Newcastle since January and has been in fine form for them, not his fault they have been relegated. If he carries on his form he should happily stay at his 88. The last time Newcastle got relegated players like Carroll and Nolan rose in ratings for there form in the championship, players also dropped but they were 90 rated and only went to 88.

There are plenty of wingers that Roy could select ahead of Townsend and some that are absolutely his favourites, he has been picked on his form.

Who are these wingers? Walcott? Ox? Both been poor, both struggle to get in the Arsenal team.

Who are these wingers? Walcott? Ox? Both been poor, both struggle to get in the Arsenal team.

Yeah they have been poor and have struggled to get into the Arsenal team, they certainly do not deserve to be picked ahead of Townsend. That is what happens when you get picked on form, not on being a favourite.

If it was solely on who is Roy's favourite then Walcott would have been a shoe in.

Thanks for helping to counter your original point lol

Yeah they have been poor and have struggled to get into the Arsenal team, they certainly do not deserve to be picked ahead of Townsend. That is what happens when you get picked on form, not on being a favourite.

If it was solely on who is Roy's favourite then Walcott would have been a shoe in.

Thanks for helping to counter your original point lol

His favourite is Townsend? He could barely hold down a place in Tottenham team and was still getting picked for England so I have no idea what you're on about countering my original point.

His favourite is Townsend? He could barely hold down a place in Tottenham team and was still getting picked for England so I have no idea what you're on about countering my original point.

First you say he was picked for being a favourite, then that he has been better than the other wingers that could be picked ahead of him, now because he is a favourite.

You're more up and down than a Yoyo lad.

No I said he was picked as a favourite and of course he's been the best like I said he's had no competition whatsoever so Roy didn't really have a chance.

So he has been picked as a favourite or because he has been the better player?

Kinda not making any sense here.

He has pretty much the same level of minutes as both Ox and Walcott, not as though he has had no competition through players not playing and making him a selection by default.