English Premiership Rating Predictions

.CFC

they dropped Xavi from 95 to 91 in ONE YEAR, and this was a year in which he won THE TREBLE.

Are you claiming that Xavi was playing like a 95 rated player the year he won the treble? He was rapidly declining, just because the players around him performed doesn't mean he should have kept his rating. 

In defence of him, Rooney is still technically one of the best in the England side. His goal tallies might be smaller but that's expected when he plays as a CM or CAM or second fiddle to 2 teenagers up front. I agree it's a surprise to see him at a 93 still but I can see why they've chosen to let him keep it for now, maybe he will start to get judged more on his build up/passing over goal scoring. 

Just playing devil's advocate lads, always like a healthy debate alá Andros Townsend.

You can't take one team's point tally and stick it in another league and call it a solid argument come on... We've been poor on the European stage for a while and whether its down to managers not calling it a priority (when it should be) or our teams being lacklustre the result is the same, no progress. 

If you took the top ten teams in England and played them against their corresponding league position in Spain we would lose at least 75% of the games, exceptions being City. 

In the lower half of the table it gets more dicey but even the likes of Deportivo and Espanyol can be very hard to beat on their day, would easily make midtable in the Prem, especially this season. 

I used Malaga as a basis due to them being the start of the poorer teams in La Liga. 

No doubt the English teams have been poor on the European stage but that is one game, two on the rare occasion. 

I fear you are getting confused on the issue of best and tougher, I never said that the EPL was or had the best teams. On average though I believe that the EPL is tougher than La Liga.

The very top teams in La Liga are definitely better than the top EPL teams. However I think that the quality over every single team and the level that every team plays at is tougher than all the teams in La Liga.

Are you claiming that Xavi was playing like a 95 rated player the year he won the treble? He was rapidly declining, just because the players around him performed doesn't mean he should have kept his rating. 

no, he blatantly was not.

but to drop from 95 to 91 in one year, a year in which you help win THE TREBLE, is just laughable.

he wasn't rapidly declining, in fact he looked better in 2014-15 than he did in 2013-14. and he contributed towards the Treble, he wasn't Douglas for goodness sake. the -2 to 93 in the winter review could be accepted given Barcelona hadn't been at their very best up to that point. but to then drop him AGAIN despite what he and the club did in the back-half of the season? absolutely preposterous. he should have ended the season on 93, and then sure, you can drop him like a stone once he's in Qatar as that's basically football retirement. but to do it beforehand? nah, man. nah.

especially when they've NEVER dropped anyone that far that fast. not before, not since.

Kaka was 95 in March 2011. he didn't drop to 90 until May 2014 and he has been terrible since BEFORE March 2011. and please bear in mind that the only things he won (three trophies with Madrid) in the intervening time had almost nothing to do with him as he was carried to them. yet... he kept his rating waaaaayyyyyy longer than Xavi.

Errm since the turn of the year with 9 in 18, think I said about when he was last in form. Maybe you should have put when was he not in form?

Come on keep up  ;)

If that's in form for a 93 then of course he should drop he's been declining for years and he used to be a 96 (I think) incredible to think that despite how good he was how he compares to others now on 96. Was just a thought I have no idea who's on 96 at the moment I wasn't implying the 96s now are better or worse. 

In defence of him, Rooney is still technically one of the best in the England side. His goal tallies might be smaller but that's expected when he plays as a CM or CAM or second fiddle to 2 teenagers up front. I agree it's a surprise to see him at a 93 still but I can see why they've chosen to let him keep it for now, maybe he will start to get judged more on his build up/passing over goal scoring. 

Just playing devil's advocate lads, always like a healthy debate alá Andros Townsend.

let's just be real, Rooney didn't drop because he ended the season in decent-ish form and had a big hand in United winning the FA Cup.

I can honestly accept that, as much as I think he deserves to drop for his season overall where he was terrible despite any goals he scored.

but this whole edit period has been off. makes me worried what they plan for La Liga.

If that's in form for a 93 then of course he should drop he's been declining for years and he used to be a 96 (I think) incredible to think that despite how good he was how he compares to others now on 96. Was just a thought I have no idea who's on 96 at the moment I wasn't implying the 96s now are better or worse. 

I know, just gets a little boring for me without someone worthy of arguing with LOL

To be honest I agree Xavi shouldn't have taken a -4 hit in that season, but he was on the way down. I think the fact that he announced he was off to Quatar probably pursuaded the powers that be to notch off a bit more of his rating even with the accomplishments he ended up with that year.

Completely get the point about Kaka too, but it's hard to compare the game from then to now, the way they rate players has changed a fair bit.

I know, just gets a little boring for me without someone worthy of arguing with LOL

Last time we argued you reported me for a did not read post I saw the comment from the mod saying something similar to you should calm down and ignore him lol

Quite funny actually it was the day the forums was updated the mod tools were available got  to see who all reported me and all the comments that's the only reason I even remember. 

Also I'm desperately hoping for a bit of a renaissance for Rooney under Mourinho. He still has it, never needed pace because he's a proper English bloke and can absolutely leather a ball into the top corner from anywhere near the box.

Proper bloke, talks out the side of his mouth!

Magic sponge when he gets injured, orange quarters at half time and a fag at 90 minutes!

I used Malaga as a basis due to them being the start of the poorer teams in La Liga. 

No doubt the English teams have been poor on the European stage but that is one game, two on the rare occasion. 

I fear you are getting confused on the issue of best and tougher, I never said that the EPL was or had the best teams. On average though I believe that the EPL is tougher than La Liga.

The very top teams in La Liga are definitely better than the top EPL teams. However I think that the quality over every single team and the level that every team plays at is tougher than all the teams in La Liga.

The difference between bottom half teams in the EPL an La Liga by the looks of it is the English teams are more realistic in terms of approach to the bigger teams in the league and just shut up shop, park the bus and would go out not to lose, whereas in Spain they look to play football and the whole bottom half look like villa when playing the big teams.

So came here to discuss ratings but wow. Most forum actvity since this version, they need more proof that they really dropped the ball, there it is.

Buli, Serie A and Ligue 1 were overall not too bad ratings wise, a couple of moments but a good hit rate. This though? Leaving Leicester as there are so many missed has to have more to go. There is the Chelsea debacle is the worst out of all but rife with errors.

Still nice to see the forum pumping even if it the watching Jamie and Meta argue (2 guys who would never admit to amistake if they made one) and then Hoggzeh doing a pretty cracking job of being the mediator and voice of reason.

FIX THE RATINGS

I'm just gonna grab some popcorn and watch the world burn.

Villa: Fine

Norwich: Fine

Newcastle:

Krul -1 to 88

Darlow +2 to 85

Lascelles +2 to 85

Janmaat -1 to 88

Wijnaldum -1 to 88

Elliot +2 to 85

Sissoko -2 to 88

Adam Armstrong +3 to 81

Gouffran -1 to 85

Sunderland: Fine

Bournemouth: Fine

Palace:

Cabaye -1 to 90

Adebayor -1 to 86

Dann +1 to 88

West Brom: Fine

Watford: 

Anya +1 to 86

​Ighalo +1 to 88

Swansea: Fine

Everton: 

Mirallas -1 to 89

Chelsea:

Hazard -1 to 94/-2 to 93

Pato -1 to 89

Costa -1 to 93

Cesc -1 to 93

Oscar -1 to 91

Pedro -1 to 91

Mikel -1 to 89

Stoke:

Wilson -1 to 86

Muniesa +1 to 86

Whelan +1 to 88

Liverpool:

Mignolet -1 to 89?

Sturridge -1 to 90?

*Those are debatable and aren't even pressing but for the purposes of this I will include them in*

West Ham:

Noble +1 to 89

Soton:

Martina +2 to 85 (got a +1)

Man Utd:

Mata -1 to 92

Rooney -1 to 92

Memphis -1 to 89

Fellaini -1 to 90

Herrera -1 to 90

Man City:

Kompany -1 to 92

Silva -1 to 93?

Bony -1 to 89

Nasri -2 to 89 (got a -1)

Spurs:

Kane +2 to 92 (got a +1)

Arsenal:

Monreal +1 to 91?

Bellerin +2 to 90 (got a +1)

Giroud -1 to 90?- not a 91 striker but he had a decent season in terms of goals

Walcott -1 to 90

Wilsh -1 to 90?

Coq +1 to 89

Leicester:

Fuchs +1 to 90

Simpson +2 to 88 (only got a +1 to 87)

Schlupp +1 to 87

Gray +1 to 84

King +1 to 86

How can you give Jamie Vardy who is scoring goals like a monster for Leicester and England a 90 and Mahrez a 91? They both deserve equal ratings.

And it was obvious that Leicester would also have some omissions in risers.

Overall.... The worst of all reviews so far.

How?

Very easily.... which one won the player of the year?

How?

Very easily.... which one won the player of the year?

Who scored more goals? And of you consider assists as indirect goals, Vardy had 6 assists and 24 goals. Mahrez had 11 assists and 18 goals. Total=Vardy involved in 30 goals, Mahrez involved in 29 goals. Vardy broke van Nistelrooy's record. Though he lost form due to injury in Jan-Feb and that gave Mahrez the edge for performing best throughout the season. But still Vardy should also be rated 91.

And even not comparing these 2 when Lukaku is 91, why isn't Vardy? 90 rated player can't score 24 goals in a season.

Why Vardy is below Negredo,Dzeko,Llorente,Vela,RvP,Walcott,Giroud?

Who scored more goals? And of you consider assists as indirect goals, Vardy had 6 assists and 24 goals. Mahrez had 11 assists and 18 goals. Total=Vardy involved in 30 goals, Mahrez involved in 29 goals. Vardy broke van Nistelrooy's record. Though he lost form due to injury in Jan-Feb and that gave Mahrez the edge for performing best throughout the season. But still Vardy should also be rated 91.

And even not comparing these 2 when Lukaku is 91, why isn't Vardy? 90 rated player can't score 24 goals in a season.

Why Vardy is below Negredo,Dzeko,Llorente,Vela,RvP,Walcott,Giroud?

Alllllllll that and Mahrez was STILL player of the year.

Makes his achievements even greater, hence higher rated.

Thanks for helping prove my point

Alllllllll that and Mahrez was STILL player of the year.

Makes his achievements even greater, hence higher rated.

Thanks for helping prove my point

I'm not saying Vardy was better than Mahrez. Did I say that? But what I was saying that there wasn't much difference between Vardy & Mahrez's performances. And Vardy was equal to Kane so he should've got 91 like Kane, Lukaku got.