English Premiership Rating Predictions

Nor did Hazard. or Mata. I hope you are not trying to use examples of what has happened in this EPL review as what is correct. Notice the pages of wrath?

Yes I have noticed.  I am not blind.  But I appreciate your help in guiding me through the complexities of this forum.

I don't know where you got the idea that I said anything was correct,,, the strange voices in your head maybe?

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly SM need to start paying more attention to the other major european leagues, and stop being so harsh on EPL players.. We are talking here of the toughest domestic league in the world, players i

Team Ratings 16/17 Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Cardiff - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here Crystal Palace - Click Here Everton - Click H

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions Updated all the teams with new ratings and players , will do the promoted sides later. Arsenal - Click Here Aston Villa - Click Here Chelsea - Click Here

Posted Images

I'm not saying Vardy was better than Mahrez. Did I say that? But what I was saying that there wasn't much difference between Vardy & Mahrez's performances. And Vardy was equal to Kane so he should've got 91 like Kane, Lukaku got.

But if Vardy got 91 he would be as good as Lukaku....

And he's just not..... throw goals and stats at me all you want...

He's not

He's not

Sorry too lazy to give those.

You can yourself see where did they finished in goal scoring, assisting, passing, involving with the rest of the team in defending.... I mean everything. Vardy outperformed Lukaku this season with a much worse team(by worse I mean the way they were rated at the stating of the league) than that of Lukaku .

But If you don't like what I said and say that I'm taking rubbish and you are right again. No problem. But even you won't say that Vardy was not up to the level of Dzeko? RvP? Llorente? Jackson Martinez? Negredo of 2016? They all have 91 and Vardy doesn't. Is that fair?

Vardy has only had one great season at the highest level, if he keeps it up I'm sure he'll continue to rise, so 90 is fine for him atm.

I think Kane should be 92 by now though, he's had 2 great seasons and has established himself as one of the best strikers in the League.

Lukaku has done well for a couple of seasons now, but not as well as Kane so 91 is about right for him.

do sm mods read this forum?  could one of them come out and justify hazards rating? any logic behind it even if I didnt agree would give me peace of mind as at least I would know they cared.

I agree with vardys rating 90 is fair after his amazing season they cant boost players up too fast as we know how hesitant they are to bring them back down..a lot of the strikers mentioned as 91 are past their peak and are on there way down there is just sm lag between their ability and rating at the moment

He's not

Whilst i know who i would want to sign IRL (age aside) Vardy just had a more impressive season than Lukaku ever has. Granted Lukaku has more years being a boss and i do think he is better. Still i think equal rating would be okay, Vardy did win the League and was as instrumental as Mahrez was if not tjhe tiniest bit less hardly a wide gap. Think 91 for both would have been justifyable.

Lukaku still managed to bang them in for Everton and get a +1 even though they finished bottom half. I know it was more Martinez being terrible at organising a defence but it's still food for thought. 

Even in the worst of scenarios, I doubt they'll finish lower than 12th. Just my opinion, but I think they'll be able to attract decent players and will probably bow out of the CL gracefully in the group stages and then they can focus on the league. Ranieri isn't a silly manager, he'll know that he needs to set up for upper/midtable and that last season was a one off.

Just my humble opinion but I think they're set up very well. Even in their first season they shouldn't have been relegation material, they played well and we're generally unlucky in games, unlike say us (Sunderland) who was as usual poor for large parts of the season and then suddenly turned out alright at the end. 

The thing about Vardy and Mahrez is we're talking about one good season and instantly being 90/91. What happens next season if Leicester finish bottom half of the table, go out in the group stage of CL and have no cup runs because it's definitely possible. Then what do you constantly -1?

What happened to Giroud & Belhanda when Montpellier won Ligue1? They rise to 91,90 respectively. What happened to Grafite and Dzeko when Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga? Both rose to 91. Same is and should happen with Mahrez/Vardy. Next season is a mystery. What happens next shouldn't be considered now.

I'm sure a few people would argue how Giroud was ever a 90/91 and wonder how he's still a 91, personally I'm a fan of him. Belhanda I always thought shouldn't of been a 90 I think he held it a few years and recently dropped this year to 89 which is more suitable. But regardless of this after the PL review can we justify anything because some of the ratings have been a joke. Personally I would of them 89 Vardy and Mahrez 90 and then see what happened next Christmas.

I'm sure a few people would argue how Giroud was ever a 90/91 and wonder how he's still a 91, personally I'm a fan of him. Belhanda I always thought shouldn't of been a 90 I think he held it a few years and recently dropped this year to 89 which is more suitable. But regardless of this after the PL review can we justify anything because some of the ratings have been a joke. Personally I would of them 89 Vardy and Mahrez 90 and then see what happened next Christmas.

That would be unfair for Vardy as you see Vardy never fit a chance before and he delivered as he got. He scored enough for Fleetwood, enough for Leicester in championship and as last year Leicester was having problem choosing strikers up front and also managerial problems, now as Vardy got his chance he delivering. Finishing on level with striker like Aguero is worthy of a rise to 91 not 89 for even if it's his 1st ever in PL. But it's in PL and when 1st timers in Ligue1 & Bundesliga can get 91 why can't Vardy?

Llorente got a rise to 91 like that and last season Lacazette and Vela too. Rating should be related to current season not on where the player had been earlier and whether he can deliver in the future or not.

That is how player valuation also work in transfermarkt.

I would just like to see the ratings become stricter for players who have had one good season that's all because Mahrez has been phenomenal this season and I think a 90 for that would be ok but for some reason you have players like Ander Herrera who is a 91 and holding his 91 basically just for playing for man united which is wrong. I've never agreed with the rating system. But players like Depay are a 90 and from that angle Mahrez 100% deserves a 91.

I would just like to see the ratings become stricter for players who have had one good season that's all because Mahrez has been phenomenal this season and I think a 90 for that would be ok but for some reason you have players like Ander Herrera who is a 91 and holding his 91 basically just for playing for man united which is wrong. I've never agreed with the rating system. But players like Depay are a 90 and from that angle Mahrez 100% deserves a 91.

Yes that is the problem. Rating should work like valuation of a player. What has players like Llorente, Dzeko, Walcott done to keep up their rating? Walcott finishing for Arsenal at 2nd after decades of being a no.4 finisher? Is that enough to keep his 91? Jackson Martinez was a street but he's now in China, shouldn't he fall? And Vardy now= Negredo is a disgrace.

Yes, he shouldn't be rated the same as Kane either.

I agree with others who've said Vardy and Mahrez should be rated the same, whether that's 90 or 91.

But as I said before Kane should be 92, hard to understand why he isn't.

Please restore some lost faith in humanity and tell me your joking???? Please....

No seriously do....

How can anyone in their right mind state that they can't understand why Kane is not rated higher than the player of the year and one of THE main reasons we even have 'the Leicester stoey'

Just please tell me your joking

The problem you have if you wait longer to change a rating is you can have a massive form player be in the prime of his career not get the rise he deserves, because his peak lasted a season or 2. Obviously make decisions on something like 10 games (see Townsend) but saying wait until Christmas to rise Mahrez and Vardy further after they WON THE LEAGUE is just downright silly.