.CFC

English Premiership Rating Predictions

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions 2012/13

Sterling rising to 86 is a complete joke' date=' to jump +11 from 75 to 86

What about Ben Davis from Swansea played more minutes, been in out standing form and going to a league cup final. He only went from 75 to 84![/quote']

Some changes are about hype, would of thought Davies would of gone to 85 like Kacaniklic.

Sterling rising to 86 is a complete joke' date=' to jump +11 from 75 to 86

What about Ben Davis from Swansea played more minutes, been in out standing form and going to a league cup final. He only went from 75 to 84![/quote']

Sterling got called for NT if I recall it right...

1700 minutes 2 goals 3 assists seems like an 86 player to me.

Would have been 85 max if I was the reviewer though.. ;)

Keeps fit' date=' 92 possible next time round regardless of Arsenal's position. Thought Gibbs would of got an 89.[/quote']

Lets hope so. A +2 next time round is a must if he stays fit but i still feel a tad aggrieved he didnt get 91 this time around.

Dont see how he can get no bigger a rise then someone like Thiago for instance...

Gotze was the best player in the best team in Germany at the time. Arsenal are 6th so it will take longer for him to get to a rating that fully reflects his ability. +2 for wilshere really would have been too much imo for what he has done this season but no doubt he will get 91 by the end of the season :)

I think the whole English bias goes both ways in SM.

We are so used to people banging on about english players being overhyped that when we actually have a top player on our hands who is showing he's top we don't see his rating increase in accordance to talent.

Wilshere has already consistantly performed at the top levels. Gotze rose despite injuries and I would actually argue Wilshere has made a much larger impact for Arsenal then Gotze. Take Gotze out of Borussia and they'd still be ok. Also the ratings are based on what he's done since his last change. I think he's shown his class enough since then to warrant being at least a good as Arteta (who is now also 91) in terms of rating. Seems bizarre.

Also (credit to Sparksy) Thiago had the same rise at Barca. Would you say Thiago has made the same impact as Wilshere has?

So' date=' what kind of rating would you put on Alessandrini? 10 goals over 1500 minutes, 5th placed team.

Just as an example/comparison.

The SM reviewal system is a complete joke.[/center']

So' date=' what kind of rating would you put on Alessandrini? 10 goals over 1500 minutes, 5th placed team.

The English league is better though and he is a hyped up youngster which probably added a rating or two onto his rise.

As stated above. PLus, Alessandrini was reviewed like 2 months ago so if done now would have most likely been an 87 so you cant compare the two.

Alessandrini overall is a better player then Sterling tho, and on the mere basis of current stats, comparing Sterling to Alessandrini, that still does not warrant Sterlings rise to 86.

The thing is Walcott has even risen to 91. Now would you not say Wilshere has been as important this season and in previous seasons?

I wouldn't say he should be anymore then 91 atm but I don't think 90 justifies his ability and impact.

I agree.

91 should be his max for this review but i still feel thats what he should have been given.

Like i said in a previous post, i find it mind boggling (rightly or wrongly) that he is supossedly no better than someone like Thiago for instance.

Some changes are about hype' date=' would of thought Davies would of gone to 85 like Kacaniklic.[/quote']

Completely agree with you about the hype factor, it's something that SM needs to sort out. Players getting extra ratings purely because of hype and not ability is a step to far. It happen with thiago at Barcelona, he rose to 90 and all he has done this season is kept the bench warm.

Is this really the path now for SM? players don't really need to perform well to get a true rating. All which is need is them to be on a top 50 of young talent and their ratings will rise no matter what.

Plus I doubt SW is helping one bit when you see ratings like this. as it just fuels people to carry on putting daft ratings in for players as 7 out of 10 times SW will accept it.

Also some minutes in ex-UEFA Cup + rating cap of Ligue I (we`ll have to agree Zlatan`s and Thiago Silva`s ratings aren`t counting too much on this yet.) and there you go, that`s why Sterling went to 86 although I don`t think that SM wanted him to surpas Alessandrini`s rating :D:rolleyes:

I think the whole English bias goes both ways in SM.

We are so used to people banging on about english players being overhyped that when we actually have a top player on our hands who is showing he's top we don't see his rating increase in accordance to talent.

Wilshere has already consistantly performed at the top levels. Gotze rose despite injuries and I would actually argue Wilshere has made a much larger impact for Arsenal then Gotze. Take Gotze out of Borussia and they'd still be ok. Also the ratings are based on what he's done since his last change. I think he's shown his class enough since then to warrant being at least a good as Arteta (who is now also 91) in terms of rating. Seems bizarre.

Also (credit to Sparksy) Thiago had the same rise at Barca. Would you say Thiago has made the same impact as Wilshere has?

You cant compare thiago's rise with any other as he shouldnt have risen at all! The thing is, Arteta was already a 90 and had proven himself to be better than that whereas Wilshere wasnt as proven. SM ratings arent decided based on just ability but longevity as well which Arteta has over him. Wilshere will continue to rise as he has the ability but he needs to continue to play imo. Also, you cant compare the impact between Gotze and Wilshere as we all know that you will be higher rated for a better team even if you are more important to your side, in wilshere's case

Davis has been called up for Wales

played 2088 minutes not sure of assists and got 1 goal

Plus will be a league cup winner in a few weeks, that's alot better than Sterling

Like I said, I would have given 85 to Sterling because of his numbers and NT call up and better league..

Like someone said when Alessandrini rose he didn't have yet the Nt call up and he had less than 1000 minutes and just 6 goals in a weaker league

Don't get me wrong I think he is way better then Sterling.

As stated above. PLus' date=' Alessandrini was reviewed like 2 months ago so if done now would have most likely been an 87 so you cant compare the two.

Alessandrini overall is a better player then Sterling tho, and on the mere basis of current stats, comparing Sterling to Alessandrini, that still does not warrant Sterlings rise to 86.

Sterling played about 2000 minutes in a better league for a bigger club and played for England. He also played very well at the start of the season and was one of liverpools best player. Plus he had the hype factor. Not everything can be based on goals and assists otherwise fabregas would be a better player than xavi!

90 is rihght for wilshere atm, he Will get 91 end of season, and 92 next yearif he keeps this up. Maybe evben 93 next year if we bother to try and win something for a change. Apart from Gibbs not ghettin 89 I think szcesny minutes (not necessarily his perfrormances as they have been solid not amazing) need to be a 90 keeper. Ramsey 88 is okay he is mostly a super sub.

You cant compare thiago's rise with any other as he shouldnt have risen at all! The thing is' date=' Arteta was already a 90 and had proven himself to be better than that whereas Wilshere wasnt as proven. SM ratings arent decided based on just ability but longevity as well which Arteta has over him. Wilshere will continue to rise as he has the ability but he needs to continue to play imo. Also, you cant compare the impact between Gotze and Wilshere as we all know that you will be higher rated for a better team even if you are more important to your side, in wilshere's case[/quote']

The point is that he did rise though. SM decided that a player who has made next to no impact for both his club and NT should rise to 90. Whereas a player who has a made a massive impact at Arsenal and has been arguably the best player on the pitch in his NT appearances only gets the same rise.

I understand Arteta has proven that but in the same team Wilshere has proven himself the best player in a shorter space of time. Surely this obvious talent and ability should have been rewarded? No matter how you try and spin it SM now does not reflect real life as according to SM now Arteta is more important to Arsenal in midfield then Wilshere.

According to SM now Arsenal rely more on;

Cazorla

Podolski

Walcott

Arteta

Vermaelen

Mertesacher

Sagna

then they do on Wilshere and also according to SM Giroud and Koscielny are as important.

I don't see how that makes any sense?

90 is rihght for wilshere atm' date=' he Will get 91 end of season, and 92 next yearif he keeps this up. Maybe evben 93 next year if we bother to try and win something for a change. Apart from Gibbs not ghettin 89 I think szcesny minutes (not necessarily his perfrormances as they have been solid not amazing) need to be a 90 keeper. Ramsey 88 is okay he is mostly a super sub.[/quote']

Ramsay and Sczenzy would be fair to rise because of NT appearances..

Sterling played about 2000 minutes in a better league for a bigger club and played for England. He also played very well at the start of the season and was one of liverpools best player. Plus he had the hype factor. Not everything can be based on goals and assists otherwise fabregas would be a better player than xavi!

Sterling has played 1703 minutes for liverpool this season in all comps.

Sterling only played in 1 FRIENDLY for England, he has to come on the pitch in a full International game before he is classed as an England player. He can currently still play for his country of birth Jamaica.

Alessandrini has more or less alone carried Rennes into the spot they're in atm.

He's the biggest surprise in Ligue 1 this season' date=' and he's one of the best players right now.

He has absolutely everything ...

See, bigger club, bigger leauge ... Liverpool is 8th ... JUST ahead teams like WBA and Stoke ... that's like being mid-table in Ligue 1 aswell ... if we go by Renne's 5th spot in Ligue 1 and compare it to Pool's 8th spot they're more or less equals.

Then we have the domestic cups ... Rennes are in the final, much thanks to 3 goals from Alessandrini during that time.

How has Liverpool done in them , not to mention Sterling?

Comparing the two on an individual level, Alessandrini is a better player, and thus, for Sterling to have done less and achieve a higher rating, is wrong imo.[/center']

The point is that he did rise though. SM decided that a player who has made next to no impact for both his club and NT should rise to 90. Whereas a player who has a made a massive impact at Arsenal and has been arguably the best player on the pitch in his NT appearances only gets the same rise.

I understand Arteta has proven that but in the same team Wilshere has proven himself the best player in a shorter space of time. Surely this obvious talent and ability should have been rewarded? No matter how you try and spin it SM now does not reflect real life as according to SM now Arteta is more important to Arsenal in midfield then Wilshere.

Cazorla

Podolski

Walcott

Arteta

Vermaelen

Mertesacher

Sagna

then they do on Wilshere and also according to SM Giroud and Koscielny are as important.

I couldnt agree more, epic post (must spread).

In my view he HAS got to go +2 to 92 in the next change.

Otherwise i may just stop playing this game as Im becoming increasingly dissollutioned with the SM ratings system.

Alessandrini has more or less alone carried Rennes into the spot they're in atm.

He's the biggest surprise in Ligue 1 this season' date=' and he's one of the best players right now.

He has absolutely everything ...

See, bigger club, bigger leauge ... Liverpool is 8th ... JUST ahead teams like WBA and Stoke ... that's like being mid-table in Ligue 1 aswell ... if we go by Renne's 5th spot in Ligue 1 and compare it to Pool's 8th spot they're more or less equals.

Then we have the domestic cups ... Rennes are in the final, much thanks to 3 goals from Alessandrini during that time.

How has Liverpool done in them , not to mention Sterling?

Comparing the two on an individual level, Alessandrini is a better player, and thus, for Sterling to have done less and achieve a higher rating, is wrong imo.[/center']

Completely agree. It's all down to the hype factor, not ability anymore. Forget buying players based on performances, thats daft. If they ain't listed in the top 50 of world superstars, then SM doesn't give a monkeys.

If we start comparing everything to the random rise Thiago got then we will get nowhere and the ratings will be even more messed up than they are now. 2 wrong ratings dont make a right ;)

Arteta has been 90 rated for years now and has proven himself to be a great player. Wilshere has had a good last few months but that doesnt mean he has proven himself as much as Arteta in the last few years.

Cazorla

Podolski

Walcott

Arteta

Vermaelen

Mertesacher

Sagna

The fact is SM isnt based on current levels of performance, its about longevity. Atm Wilshere is their best player but does he deserve 92 now? No. In a years time when he has shown his ability for longer will he get it? Yes. Its not as simple as comparing 2 players with their current form and rating otherwise Arshavin would be much lower than Ox but the game doesnt work like that :)

The fact is SM isnt based on current levels of performance' date=' its about longevity. Atm Wilshere is their best player but does he deserve 92 now? No. In a years time when he has shown his ability for longer will he get it? Yes. Its not as simple as comparing 2 players with their current form and rating otherwise Arshavin would be much lower than Ox but the game doesnt work like that :)[/quote']

Aah, that explains El Shaarawy's +3 to 89 ... they don't base their reviewing on current performance ...

And at the same time, IF this'd be the case, then you still cannot justify Sterling's +11 rise.

The fact is SM isnt based on current levels of performance, its about longevity

So that means the following.

Jones +1 to 90

Smalling +2 to 90

Nastasic +5 to 89

as it's all about the foreseeing the future and not where they are currently.

I've just looked into the future and seen Benteke playing for Man City, I think his rating should rise to 91. After all SM bases their rating on longevity

The fact is SM isnt based on current levels of performance' date=' its about longevity. Atm Wilshere is their best player but does he deserve 92 now? No. In a years time when he has shown his ability for longer will he get it? Yes. Its not as simple as comparing 2 players with their current form and rating otherwise Arshavin would be much lower than Ox but the game doesnt work like that :)[/quote']

We're not saying he should have got 92, we said he should be 91.

Also Wilshere hasnt just done well this season, he was our best and most consistent player in the 2010/11 season before he was injured in July 2011.

If SM is about longevity then how on earth are players like Gotze 93 and players like Gerrard 92?