.CFC

English Premiership Rating Predictions

Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions 2012/13

Alessandrini has more or less alone carried Rennes into the spot they're in atm.

He's the biggest surprise in Ligue 1 this season' date=' and he's one of the best players right now.

He has absolutely everything ...

See, bigger club, bigger leauge ... Liverpool is 8th ... JUST ahead teams like WBA and Stoke ... that's like being mid-table in Ligue 1 aswell ... if we go by Renne's 5th spot in Ligue 1 and compare it to Pool's 8th spot they're more or less equals.

Then we have the domestic cups ... Rennes are in the final, much thanks to 3 goals from Alessandrini during that time.

How has Liverpool done in them , not to mention Sterling?

Comparing the two on an individual level, Alessandrini is a better player, and thus, for Sterling to have done less and achieve a higher rating, is wrong imo.[/center']

Alessandrini IS better Im not denying that! And as I said before, had he been reviewed again today he would be an 87. Sterling got his rise for playing a lot more games and for having more hype. I dont understand why you are comparing the two to be honest when Alessandrini's rating is out of date. At the time, Alessandrini's rating was correct and imo Sterling's is as well.

Sterling has played 1703 minutes for liverpool this season in all comps.

Sterling only played in 1 FRIENDLY for England, he has to come on the pitch in a full International game before he is classed as an England player. He can currently still play for his country of birth Jamaica.

No, he has played 2086, 1703 in the league. He has an England cap therefore he is a full england international

So that means the following.

Jones +1 to 90

Smalling +2 to 90

Nastasic +5 to 89

as it's all about the foreseeing the future and not where they are currently.

I've just looked into the future and seen Benteke playing for Man City' date=' I think his rating should rise to 91. After all SM bases their rating on longevity[/quote']

That makes no sense at all, by longevity I mean proving it over an extended period of time so I have no idea what point you are making,

Aah' date=' that explains El Shaarawy's +3 to 89 ... they don't base their reviewing on current performance ...

And at the same time, IF this'd be the case, then you still cannot justify Sterling's +11 rise.[/center']

Not JUST on current performance. Going from 89 to 91 is a lot bigger in SM terms than 86-89. And i can because he has played a hell of a lot, over 2000 minutes, so has proven that he is good enough to be 86 rated.

We're not saying he should have got 92' date=' we said he should be 91.

Also Wilshere hasnt just done well this season, he was our best and most consistent player in the 2010/11 season before he was injured in July 2011.

If SM is about longevity then how on earth are players like Gotze 93 and players like Gerrard 92?[/quote']

By longevity I mean they need to show it for a bit longer to get a rise. A few games isnt enough imo. If he carries on he will continue to rise. I fail to see the problem. Wilshere was class before which is why he was already an 89. I have no problem with the rise and fully expected it.

I couldnt agree more' date=' epic post (must spread).

In my view he HAS got to go +2 to 92 in the next change.

Otherwise i may just stop playing this game as Im becoming increasingly dissollutioned with the SM ratings system.[/quote']

I think SM are waiting to give him a +2 next changes which would then make the matter ok in my eyes. However anyone with eyes can see Wilshere is much better then Arteta. So how he can be rated below him is beyond me?

If we start comparing everything to the random rise Thiago got then we will get nowhere and the ratings will be even more messed up than they are now. 2 wrong ratings dont make a right

We need to make these comparisons though. If SM are going to make a decent game where lets face it player rating changes are the most important factor then they need to have ratings that reflect players ability and importance in a side. Wilshere at 90 and Arteta at 91 does not reflect this.

Arteta has been 90 rated for years now and has proven himself to be a great player. Wilshere has had a good last few months but that doesnt mean he has proven himself as much as Arteta in the last few years.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. If a player is able to make such a big impact in such a short space of time I fail to see why they should not be considered to have proven themselves. Do you honestly believe then that Arteta is a proven player and Wilshere is not already at his level if not better? If you had to pick who is more influential for Arsenal would you go for the 'proven Arteta' over Wilshere.

Just because a player has been around longer it doesn't make him better. Much in the same way just because a player is younger it doesn't make him better. However in this case what we are seeing regardless of age is a player of greater ability (Wilshere) being rated lower than a player of lesser ability in the same team which I find very hard to justify.

The fact is SM isnt based on current levels of performance' date=' its about longevity. Atm Wilshere is their best player but does he deserve 92 now? No. In a years time when he has shown his ability for longer will he get it? Yes. Its not as simple as comparing 2 players with their current form and rating otherwise Arshavin would be much lower than Ox but the game doesnt work like that :)[/quote']

No one has said he deserves 92. But he does deserve to be 91 at least on par with Arteta because at the moment as I previously intimated on SM Wilshere is apparently only the 8/9/10th best player at Arsenal? Can anyone justify that?

We're not saying he should have got 92' date=' we said he should be 91.

Also Wilshere hasnt just done well this season, he was our best and most consistent player in the 2010/11 season before he was injured in July 2011.

If SM is about longevity then how on earth are players like Gotze 93 and players like Gerrard 92?[/quote']

You are travelling way over reason.. Wilhsere was 89 in 2011 because he started that season withn 85... 91 was a looooong shot for him right now he will keep rising every reviews and maybe +2 next time when he is the definite first team CM for England.

Lol it was longevity which brought Gerrard to 92 or did you forget the three last season records for Liverpool ? You just can't compare Gerrard and Götze right now!

No one has said he deserves 92. But he does deserve to be 91 at least on par with Arteta because at the moment as I previously intimated on SM Wilshere is apparently only the 8/9/10th best player at Arsenal? Can anyone justify that?

The only justification for Wilshere not beeing 91 is fitness.... You just can't creat minutes and goals and assists when they're not there..

you can't give players rating changes based on what they might become, it's gotta be based on how they're performing now, how consistent they are and how much experience they've gained.

For me Wilshere is the only current young english hyped up wonderkid to justify his rating, save for maybe Walcott. Wilshere is always one of Arsenal and England's best players when he plays and he destroyed Barca.

Can't understand Zaha to 85 and Sterling to 86 from mid-70 ratings beforehand. They both look like Lennon/Routledge/Wright-Phillips prototypes, headless chickens who can run and do a few tricks but can't cross to save their life.

My opinion.

I think SM are waiting to give him a +2 next changes which would then make the matter ok in my eyes. However anyone with eyes can see Wilshere is much better then Arteta. So how he can be rated below him is beyond me?

That is just how the game works. Im not saying he is worse than arteta at all but in SM terms Arteta deserved 91 and wilshere deserved 90. If he continues to play well he will continue to rise. Simples.

You are travelling way over reason.. Wilhsere was 89 in 2011 because he started that season withn 85... 91 was a looooong shot for him right now he will keep rising every reviews and maybe +2 next time when he is the definite first team CM for England.

Lol it was longevity which brought Gerrard to 92 or did you forget the three last season records for Liverpool ? You just can't compare Gerrard and Götze right now!

The only justification for Wilshere not beeing 91 is fitness.... You just can't creat minutes and goals and assists when they're not there..

But Gotze had a similar period out due to injury yet he is now a 93? You can't just create all the minutes he lost and assists he would have got can you?

It seems one rule for one player another rule for others.

SM need to show more consistency in their ratings and have more of a logical approach to how they rate teams. Call me old fashioned but I think that the best players in the team should be the highest rated. Didn't know Sagna was better then Wilshere is for Arsenal!

I understand he will continue to rise but thats not the point, he should have got 91 now in this review, not the next one in 6 months time.

91 shouldn't have been a longshot. Gotze got two +2's when his playing time as well as goals and assists we're very questionable.

I don't understand your Gerrard/Gotze point. I was pointing out to Mr E that if an SM rating was about longevity, Gerrard wouldn't be rated lower than Gotze.

you can't give players rating changes based on what they might become' date=' it's gotta be based on how they're performing now, how consistent they are and how much experience they've gained.

For me Wilshere is the only current young english hyped up wonderkid to justify his rating, save for maybe Walcott. Wilshere is always one of Arsenal and England's best players when he plays and he destroyed Barca.

Can't understand Zaha to 85 and Sterling to 86 from mid-70 ratings beforehand. They both look like Lennon/Routledge/Wright-Phillips prototypes, headless chickens who can run and do a few tricks but can't cross to save their life.

My opinion.[/quote']

100% agree.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, it's not about talent anymore it's about who's in some top 100 list and if you have them or not.

Then them people vote on SW, which creates inflated ratings for these players, as SM in my view are to lazy to fully check any ratings before they are adjusted.

Any players who aren't on the top 100 list, despite their performances in their leagues will be over looked as it's all about the hype

If Ben Davis was English and had his picture in shoot magazine as a rising star he would of been 86, period

you can't give players rating changes based on what they might become' date=' it's gotta be based on how they're performing now, how consistent they are and how much experience they've gained.

[b']Wilshere is currently performing well above a 90 level and has been for some time now. Before his injury he was outstanding and upon returning from injury he has been outstanding. That is amazing consistancy from a player coming back from injury. He's already had CL games, international games where he's been MOTM. He's played at top level now for a few years and proven himself to be a great player. His potential doesn't even come into the equation in my opinion. He is already a very good player.[/b]

My opinion.

Wilshere is only hyped up because his performances are THAT good. But even if you ignore what he could potentially become what he is now is a better player then is reflected by him SM rating.

That is just how the game works. Im not saying he is worse than arteta at all but in SM terms Arteta deserved 91 and wilshere deserved 90. If he continues to play well he will continue to rise. Simples.

Then the game is faulty. How can a football management game which is all about ratings and increases be operating in a way that places a clubs best player beneath a decent performer?

What I am arguing here is that the way SM have reviewed does not make sense as they have risen a player above the level of one who is better than him within the same side. This to me is illogical.

I guess it comes down to that old phrase. Don't hate the player, hate the game :P

I understand he will continue to rise but thats not the point' date=' he should have got 91 now in this review, not the next one in 6 months time.

91 shouldn't have been a longshot. Gotze got two +2's when his playing time as well as goals and assists we're very questionable.

I don't understand your Gerrard/Gotze point. I was pointing out to Mr E that if an SM rating was about longevity, Gerrard wouldn't be rated lower than Gotze.[/quote']

I think you have gotten confused about my point about longevity :P my point was that you have to show quality for a sustained amount of time to increase by +2 from 89 or win something as well as playing well. SM isnt neccessarily representative of real life or just current form. Not saying its fair, just how it is!

Wilshere is only hyped up because his performances are THAT good. But even if you ignore what he could potentially become what he is now is a better player then is reflected by him SM rating.

Then the game is faulty. How can a football management game which is all about ratings and increases be operating in a way that places a clubs best player beneath a decent performer?

What I am arguing here is that the way SM have reviewed does not make sense as they have risen a player above the level of one who is better than him within the same side. This to me is illogical.

I guess it comes down to that old phrase. Don't hate the player' date=' hate the game :P[/quote']

Exactly, the rating system is a bit invalid. Im not saying Wilshere at current ability isnt good enough to be 91 all, just that the way SM reviews players he shouldnt have got it. Im sure most arsenal fans would argue that Wilshere is just as good/important as Cazorla is yet wilshere isnt given the rating that reflects this. It might not be fair but it is how the game works as Cazorla has been good for longer

I think you have gotten confused about my point about longevity :P my point was that you have to show quality for a sustained amount of time to increase by +2 from 89 or win something as well as playing well. SM isnt neccessarily representative of real life or just current form. Not saying its fair' date=' just how it is![/quote']

Ok that's fair enough.

But surely you have to admit there are some glaring inconsistencies with the way the rises of Wilshere, Thiago and Gotze have been handled?

People are angry because we invest a lot of time and money into this game and we have had to put up with slow player reviews, only for said reviews to result in inconsistent, unsatisfactory, and some downright nonsensical changes.

Not only is that bad enough, we then have to wait another possible 6 months for another review just so the previous ones can be ammended.

SM is an absolute joke at the minute and the reviews have been farsical at best.

I know this is a forum and i know people are entited to thier opinion but come on guys, its a game, Oh my god someone is rated 90 when they should be rated 91 quick call the police. God help you people when you get a real problem in your lives.

I know this is a forum and i know people are entited to thier opinion but come on guys' date=' its a game, Oh my god someone is rated 90 when they should be rated 91 quick call the police. God help you people when you get a real problem in your lives.[/quote']

We only have top leagues review a couple of times a year, so arguing ratings is kind of fun, not problematic as you say :D:D

I understand he will continue to rise but thats not the point' date=' he should have got 91 now in this review, not the next one in 6 months time.

I don't understand your Gerrard/Gotze point. I was pointing out to Mr E that if an SM rating was about longevity, Gerrard wouldn't be rated lower than Gotze.[/quote']

But Gotze had a similar period out due to injury yet he is now a 93? You can't just create all the minutes he lost and assists he would have got can you?

It seems one rule for one player another rule for others.

SM need to show more consistency in their ratings and have more of a logical approach to how they rate teams. Call me old fashioned but I think that the best players in the team should be the highest rated. Didn't know Sagna was better then Wilshere is for Arsenal!

Ok, first of all, when Götze rose to 93 in january I posted in the bundesliga forum that I completely disagreed and that it would be much fairer the 92 in line with the Lewa/Kroos/Reus rises.. I believe his rise came more from SM's need to up Dortmund's average ratings so they kind of lost their hand in their ratings.

That said, it seems they resumed their former consistent reviewing system of giving increases not on future but on past performances .. And I must say I prefer it that way.

About Gerrard, I also firmly subscribe the longevity argument and as I said it was precisely his longevity that brought him from 96 to 92 in a few years because of LFC's lousy results in the same period, that was my point.

Ok that's fair enough.

But surely you have to admit there are some glaring inconsistencies with the way the rises of Wilshere' date=' Thiago and Gotze have been handled?

People are angry because we invest a lot of time and money into this game and we have had to put up with slow player reviews, only for said reviews to result in inconsistent, unsatisfactory, and some downright nonsensical changes.

Not only is that bad enough, we then have to wait another possible 6 months for another review just so the previous ones can be ammended.

SM is an absolute joke at the minute and the reviews have been farsical at best.[/quote']

Yer SM's ratings have become a bit of a farce. IMO gotze should have hit 92, thiago should have stayed and wishere should have got 90. I can see why youre annoyed considering thiago and gotze got unwarranted rises but I still dont think we should be giving everyone boosted raises. I think SM has caused a lot of arguments cos of how inconsistent they are. :P

I know this is a forum and i know people are entited to thier opinion but come on guys' date=' its a game, Oh my god someone is rated 90 when they should be rated 91 quick call the police. God help you people when you get a real problem in your lives.[/quote']

Posting this in a thread dedicated to discussion on ratings, is, well, a little stupid?

Seriously Dan, that's the worst post I ever saw you make. If this was a thread about family members suffering from cancer, I'd expect to see that in there. I wouldn't then expect someone to come into the thread and belittle everyone for having a discussion?

No one is saying that ratings being a bit off is life threatening, or serious enough for the FBI to get involved in. But this is a forum, about a game we love, and a thread discussing our opinions.

So troll somewhere else please.

Posting this in a thread dedicated to discussion on ratings' date=' is, well, a little stupid?

Seriously Dan, that's the worst post I ever saw you make. If this was a thread about family members suffering from cancer, I'd expect to see that in there. I wouldn't then expect someone to come into the thread and belittle everyone for having a discussion?

No one is saying that ratings being a bit off is life threatening, or serious enough for the FBI to get involved in. But this is a forum, about a game we love, and a thread discussing our opinions.

So troll somewhere else please.[/quote']

I'm sorry but i don't see it as trolling, all i see on the forum is people moaning and complaining about something that no one is forced to play, when i read comments like SM is an absolute joke at the minute my thoughts would be if something annoys somebody so much the why play it. I don't keep going to the same restaurant eating something i don't like, complaining then going back the next day and repeating the process.

I'm sorry but i don't see it as trolling' date=' all i see on the forum is people moaning and complaining about something that no one is forced to play, when i read comments like SM is an absolute joke at the minute my thoughts would be if something annoys somebody so much the why play it. I don't keep going to the same restaurant eating something i don't like, complaining then going back the next day and repeating the process.[/quote']

Wow, how pointless. We like the game, the reviews start to get worse and then we moan that standards are slipping. I fail to see the problem in that...

This is the whole point of a forum, to voice our opinions

I'm sorry but i don't see it as trolling' date=' all i see on the forum is people moaning and complaining about something that no one is forced to play, when i read comments like SM is an absolute joke at the minute [b']my thoughts would be if something annoys somebody so much the why play it. [/b]I don't keep going to the same restaurant eating something i don't like, complaining then going back the next day and repeating the process.

In the same way if our moaning annoys YOU so much then why visit the forum?

Why Szcz should rise:

United - 91 De Gea

City - 93 Hart

Spurs - 93 Lloris

Chelsea - 92 Cech

Arsenal - 89 Szczesny

Everton - 90 Howard

Should at least be 90!

De gea is 90? Which is about right, so is Szczesny at 89, he is so inconsistent now and very poor in set pieces. I think it is not difficult to fit a keeper from any other team in EPL which could play in place of Szczesny at Arsenal. Lloris 92.

Cech is 92/93 to me. Hart 93. Howard 90.

Ratings are fine at the moment imo, Wilshere could have gotten 91 but 90 is okay, he'll be 91 at end season easily given current form. Like Arteta hasn't got the best of season this time, but the rating is probably largely based on last season, Wilshere only just returned. Overall Arsenal hasn't been strong, if they can once again finish in top 4, then I can see more risers.