The Real Deal

Niero

Here is the place to be if you are a manager in The Real Deal League.

Nice to se everyone so active in the begining.. lets hope it stays that way cos we all know its more fun with a full gameworld.

Discuss New signings, Tactics, match result and mutch more.

Good luck!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The Real Deal

Hey Guys, Dortmund here. The setup is crazy, I done a little bidding (Yes 80 odd players is little), and woke up this morning to 647 messages. I'm also not looking forward to seeing the bidding on players once deals are accepted.

Fingers crossed that Dortmund can sign some of the talent out there, and not be left behind.

Good luck all, hopefully this thread and other threads can become populated with those in the setup.

Maybe to keep interest in the setup we could have:

• Score predictions for weekly match nights
  • Manager of the week/month
  • Team of the week/month

Opinions ? Good/Bad idea ? More ideas needed ?

:D

Hey Guys' date=' Dortmund here. The setup is crazy, I done a little bidding (Yes 80 odd players is little), and woke up this morning to 647 messages. I'm also not looking forward to seeing the bidding on players once deals are accepted.

Fingers crossed that Dortmund can sign some of the talent out there, and not be left behind.

Good [/font']luck all, hopefully this thread and other threads can become populated with those in the setup.

Maybe to keep interest in the setup we could have:

• Score predictions for weekly match nights
  • Manager of the week/month
  • Team of the week/month

Opinions ? Good/Bad idea ? More ideas needed ?

:D

Like your ideas :)

Can add "who makes the best silly season" :)

guys expect a tight bidding war' date=' from the few undisclosed bids out there i see that managers are paying good amount of cash for players it will be tough to get players in this gw[/quote']

I think it will cool down after a few day, its intense before anyone has players.. when the squads starts to get its shape people will take it more easy..

or what do you think?

Manager of Persija

Looks like it is going to be a busy opening transfer window, almost every 90+ rated players has a bid.

I just hope I manage to get 1 of them sign then later on build a team around that player.

My aim for this team is to build a foundation from Div 3 and work my way up to eventually winning Div 1. I am setting a target of 5/6 seasons to do so.

Great ideas Wayne, and Patrik to!

That we could use the newspaper to.

This is crazy ****, when me and Patrik planned for a new league that we could invite friends to, we came up with the idea of empty squads, I cant speak for Patrik but I had no clue that people would bid like this!

Its crazy, but cool ! It´s the most fare thing to do!

Equal opportunities to make your own team.

I think the friendly games start next week so we´ll have to have our squads ready on monday or thuesday.

Real Madrid is a cousin of mine, and he is at work but I called him up so he´ll make some bidding from his phone :)

When it comes to manager of the week and that kind of stuff? Shall we make a schedule for the ones that´s interested?

Like Patrik do the first week, Wayne the second, me the third etc....

Manager of Persija

Looks like it is going to be a busy opening transfer window' date=' almost every 90+ rated players has a bid.

I just hope I manage to get 1 of them sign then later on build a team around that player.

My aim for this team is to build a foundation from Div 3 and work my way up to eventually winning Div 1. I am setting a target of 5/6 seasons to do so.[/quote']

Sounds like a good plan.

Hope most of the managers look long term on there team.

with this start it will be hard to get a good team the first season.

I hope I can snap som good players to, atleast 3-4 90+ with potensial of rising.

I think you´re right on it Wayno!

I´m thinking the same way, there´s 350 players thats 90+, and with 48 managers thats 7 each, but that wont probably happend :)

My intention is to stay in the first division, but maybe I´ll have to go down a division depending on how my squad looks like.

There´s 4 teams going up, and 4 teams going down every season.

I think you´re right on it Wayno!

I´m thinking the same way' date=' there´s 350 players thats 90+, and with 48 managers thats 7 each, but that wont probably happend :)

My intention is to stay in the first division, but maybe I´ll have to go down a division depending on how my squad looks like.

There´s 4 teams going up, and 4 teams going down every season.[/quote']

Yea it's def going to be tough to get the players bidding for, even the slightly lower rated players are almost all have transfer bids on them.

Looks to be one of the best leagues I have joined, never had a league where it is so competitive and full.

I think it will cool down after a few day' date=' its intense before anyone has players.. when the squads starts to get its shape people will take it more easy..

or what do you think?[/quote']

by the time squads take shape all the awesome plautesr would have joined the clubs what is left will be a few couple of 90's , a few 89 and hundreds of lesser players who my not get into playing 11s

i was on luckily last night just as the gameworld opened, so put all my offers in then,

will be interesting to see who ends up where,

and with the clubs putting in 200+ bids goodluck to them trying to figure out which bids to keep and which to drop,

because although they might be biggest in some bids and not others they might still of got the guy they dropped due to others over spending,

anyways really liking this gameworld, never been in a 300 mil starting empty squad with so many teams involved before just logged back in and had 80 new messages, not the most i've had but quite a return when you take into a ccount how players i've actually bid on

Will this be for all three divisions of just the top one?

The league is completley full and we have to guys on hold who wants to join, so if someone leaves they´re in!

Yeah, I think we´ll do a manager of the week for the whole league, it dosent really matter which division your in. Within 3-4 seasons we will know who´s the best managers :)

i was on luckily last night just as the gameworld opened' date=' so put all my offers in then,

will be interesting to see who ends up where,

and with the clubs putting in 200+ bids goodluck to them trying to figure out which bids to keep and which to drop,

because although they might be biggest in some bids and not others they might still of got the guy they dropped due to others over spending,

anyways really liking this gameworld, never been in a 300 mil starting empty squad with so many teams involved before just logged back in and had 80 new messages, not the most i've had but quite a return when you take into a ccount how players i've actually bid on[/font']

I think you´re right Dan! It´s ok to make as many bids as you like, but it will get real hard to decide which players to keep and which to drop.

I might be the only one thinking of having cash left when the league starts, there will come some new talents, and then it´s good to have cash!

I think you´re right Dan! It´s ok to make as many bids as you like' date=' but it will get real hard to decide which players to keep and which to drop.

I might be the only one thinking of having cash left when the league starts, there will come some new talents, and then it´s good to have cash![/quote']

no mate if you land many good players it is good it is like the confusion mourinho faces when he is about to feild a playing 11. if you don't lbid on many players you may end up like wenger of last season ie not having enough quality

I hope once transfer bids have been accepted/completed that the managers who do not get the players they wish for stay in the league to compete with the squad that they are able to put together.

I am realistic, yes I have a plan for success, but if transfers do not go my way I shall work with the resources within the club to build the team needed to succeed.

I think people r not thinking about bids properly, to get 21 players it works out an average of 14 millions per player, if u buy someone for 50-100 million u will need lesser players to make up that void, I've played in these gameworlds before! The same mistake people make each time!

I hope once transfer bids have been accepted/completed that the managers who do not get the players they wish for stay in the league to compete with the squad that they are able to put together.

I am realistic' date=' yes I have a plan for success, but if transfers do not go my way I shall work with the resources within the club to build the team needed to succeed.[/quote']

I hope so to.

An active forum, active newspaper and active friendly chat will make more managers fight to get to the top..

Not anyone will get a good team at the beginning, you will have to figt for it.

No matter what I'll be sticking around. It's not often within SoccerManager you get an active setup to be honest(Alot similar activity wise to another management game).

The transfers no doubt will be accepted as such tonight, then we will have a clear idea of who has signed who B)

Think I'm pretty much done with bidding on players, I'll just see what luck brings Dortmund in the bidding process, I'd be happy with a big name in each position (DEF-MID-STR) and take it from there.

Messi wants a move to Dortmund too, but I can't afford the 160M that someone has crazily bid on him :confused:

Archived