We decide if we play friendly or not!!!

Re: We decide if we play friendly or not!!!

Can't see the issue tbh. It doesnt affect anything money wise/player fitness/player concerns/player morale/player injuries/player suspensions so can't see why it has a never effect? personally I dont pay much attention to them but I know a lot of managers like to use them to play around with youth squads/tactics etc. so it makes it easier for them if SM arrange the friendlies for them.

One thing I do find strange is that in one of my old standard GW's the season halted for 2weeks half way through and friendlies were played instead!?

We must decide about friendly matches. Play or not play.

The beggining of the season must be just official matches. If we decide to arrange a friendly we make it.

Can SM change that?

Does someone agree with me?

i agree its so annoying but they dont wanna listen,they just impose things that no one asks instead real problems resolving.i hate forced friendlies and already risen this subject but without any answer thats point of theirs name friendlies(my choice) i dont wanna any forced friendly stupid schedule

OK...

If some managers like to play friendlies' date=' they arrange themselves.

We have the right to choose.

You can pick the team you want to play against.[/b']

I suppose their argument is that SM choosing friendlies makes it easier/less time consuming for the ones that do want to play friendlies and it adds 'realism'. I really dont see how the friendlies impact negatively on a manager that doesnt want to play them, just dont pay attention to them!? I couldn't care less about friendlies and just ignore them...

We must decide about friendly matches. Play or not play.

They are pointless and I don't see why there are so many immediately before the start of a new season! I don't mind the odd one, but every day?

I always put back ups and the youths in my team at the end of a season and then just leave them until the season proper starts, don't know why but I always check the results for some reason.

If we were encouraged to play friendlies by giving us revenue from the games like cup games (it could be shared) there would at least be a point to them and we would have a reason to play them.

While I'm here, does anyone know if it makes a difference which ref is in charge of a game? Why in the match preview screen does it list their names? Also, why is the weather shown? :confused:

While I'm here' date=' does anyone know if it makes a difference which ref is in charge of a game? Why in the match preview screen does it list their names? Also, why is the weather shown? :confused:[/quote']

Doubt the match engine's that complicated, then again Man Utd always win games when Howard Webbs the ref :confused:

...to make it look more like an actual football match and not just a random number generator :)

If only it was more like a real football match it would be a better game for it. It just seems like a lot of trouble to go to show us this information for each game for no actual return.

Some of the results and stats they throw together make me think that it is just like a random number generator. ;)

That's basically what it is, as the only real way to recreate an actual football match is to have an actual football match which of course this doesn't do, it's a very simple program to calculate the results (I assume anyway - judging by the fact that it has to produce results for maybe 2 million + games every matchday and takes a matter of seconds to do each one)

The match engine is good in a way in that the highest rated team doesn't always win, which makes it more interesting - the only thing that's really unrealistic I feel (not mentioning the match ratings / stats which I never take any notice of) is when you lose to an unmanaged team rated much lower than your team, if it's a managed team you can hold your hands up and say yes they got their tactics spot on...but when it's an unmanaged team and it doesn't really have any tactics :mad: lol

Then again freak results happen from time to time just like they do in real football, when you watch a real football match you can never be 100% sure who will win or what the score will be, so maybe SM isn't that unrealistic after all...

Er back on topic - yes the friendlies can be slightly annoying (especially when you see that your team has a match today and it turns out to be a friendly against an unmanaged side) but players can't get injured in them so I just ignore them and leave the same players in that played in the last League match!

That's basically what it is' date=' as the only real way to recreate an actual football match is to have an actual football match which of course this doesn't do, it's a very simple program to calculate the results (I assume anyway - judging by the fact that it has to produce results for maybe 2 million + games every matchday and takes a matter of seconds to do each one)

[/quote']

I suppose they could (but it would kind of be impossible to do) have a kind of virtual real match like in a more traditional computer game were you can pause the game and make tactical changes and bring subs on etc in response to the events unfolding before you, but as I said impossible to actually do especially if you were playing against another managed team as they would both have to be online at the same time etc, but it would be good.

As for SM being more real than it appears........nah. It's so much easier for them to be random and let us all think it's being really clever and deep and just randomly generate a bunch of numbers and present them to us, just look at the post game stats.

I agree that it is better for the fact that it isn't just a "Mine's bigger than yours" result generator and I can live with the crazy scorelines, but please, please, please SM make the stats look a little like the result (most of the time they are acceptable but the crazy ones really wind me up).

A "live match" has been mentioned before many times but like you say that'll probably never happen as both managers would have to be online at the same time (difficult if your opponent lives in say the USA or Australia) and more importantly both online when the match kicks off...which could be at any time from 8.00 depending on the order the results are processed in.

Add to that the fact that generating the result takes a fraction of a second, if that was strung out in order to allow two managers to watch the match live then it would take about a year to process all the results for one turn, (like I said before there must be 2 million results to process each matchday or maybe more)

As for the stats - I hardly ever bother looking at them because they're just cosmetic, the result is the only thing that matters i.e. if you win you got your tactics right, if you lose your opponent did, if you draw then neither of you did (or both of you did lol). Unless your opponent is unmanaged then that's another story :)

Making the stats more realistic is difficult in itself, you can't really make the winning team always have the better of the stats - take Switzerland V Spain in the last World Cup for example, Spain (the much stronger team) had 67 - 33 possession and 22 shots to 6 and lost 1-0...an extreme example maybe but I'm sure it happens weekly in the Premier League or Football League somewhere! We've all had matches on here where we've had 20 shots on target to the opponents' 4 and lost 4-0, and we've all probably won similar games as well.

In the "old days" the match commentary used to be amusingly all over the place - players booked for timewasting in the 3rd minute when it's 0-0, players telling their team-mates not to be too complacent when they're 3-0 down etc etc - and that was part of the game's charm for me! Some of the match ratings / MOTM choices are still strange as are the injuries (one of my players is out for 9 days with a broken arm...what a star!!) but ultimately none of the stats really matter, a win's a win!

Unfortunately as you point out it just wouldn't work with an online game like this.

Maybe if for example we were allowed to bring on subs based on who was playing badly in a game at 45, 60, 75 mins, for example;

Losing at 45 > go to 4-4-2 attacking > bring on Player A for attacker with lowest match score etc

You get the idea. All this would depend on player marks out of 10 being updated as the match went on, which could kind of be done if everyone started the match off at 5/10 and was adjusted from there, so if the result engine knows that player number 9 will score 2 goals at 25 and 70 mins he could go up to 7 at 25 and 8 or 9 at 70 etc. Yes, a lot of hard work for a human, but computers can do this kind of stuff in the blink of an eye.

I agree that not all real life games follow the amount of possession etc but in a game I think they should, it's just easier to swallow if you lose and the stats show that you were inferior in some way.

I can't believe that anyone actually reads the match commentaries, yes they are better but still pointless.

:)