Top Risers Over The 2012/2013 Season

AngusLFC

Re: Top Risers Over The 2012/2013 Season

Poor Form??? we are 3 games into the season' date=' we will be midtable methinks and he will be the starting Rb for a prem team so he should be around 84/85 at least....

Please note: Claret and Blue tinited specs are worn at times by me so I might not be the most impartial when it comes to Villa matters!![/quote']

Still not 85 quality at the moment, imo.

Check my thread' date=' i put him to 82/83.[/quote']

Fair play I do agree tbh he's a good riser though :D

I think he will go to 82 next changes then rise again in the changes after that to around 85/86 if he continues to play.

Indeed.... Sheff United have a good record of Fbs!! He should stay a starter IMO!

Re: Respuesta: Top Risers Over The 2012/2013 Season

What do you think about Maher and Xhaka? Will they rise a lot this season?

Don't know too much on Maher. Xhaka on the other hand is a great talent, and has played every minute in the league so far this season and he also managed to get on the score-sheet yesterday in their 3-2 loss. I think he'll end the season on 88, getting a +1 in each review.

Nick Powell scored today for Man.u' date=' a good goal too. Could rise dramatically this season.

Could get +10 in the next changes and get to 84/85 by the end of the season.[/quote']

I signed Nick Powell well over a year ago after watching him play for England u-17's and you could just tell the guy was going to the top. Seeing him score on his debut didn't surprise me one bit hope he can break into the England setup within the next year or two.

Shoul be 80 minimum really though and I agree by end of season could possibly be near to mid 80's depending on how many games and goals he gets.

Re: Respuesta: Top Risers Over The 2012/2013 Season

What do you think about Maher and Xhaka? Will they rise a lot this season?
Don't know too much on Maher. Xhaka on the other hand is a great talent' date=' and has played every minute in the league so far this season and he also managed to get on the score-sheet yesterday in their 3-2 loss. I think he'll end the season on 88, getting a +1 in each review.[/quote']

I watch Maher and Xhaka regularly. I was watching Xhaka less than 24 hours ago infact.

Definitely was one of BMG's better players yesterday along with Herrmann. Got abit lucky with his goal that a deflection took it past the keeper but his performance deserved it. I agree with Harris' opinion that 88 by the end of the season is likely.

Maher is a tough one, he is a magnificent talent. I feel like I am waiting and waiting for a big club to take him. Maybe Ajax will take him first and make a huge profit but he will definitely end up at a big club and be a 90+ player.

I expect Xhaka to go to 88 by the end of the season and Maher to 87 with a small chance of 88.

Adam Maher is a player that will cut it at the very top. He has outstanding ability touch, pace, trickery, eye for goal. Put it this way you wouldn't get capped for the Netherlands and have the likes of AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid sniffing around if you didn't have ability :D

Will be over 90 rated in next few years if not before depending on where hes playing his football.

On the Matt Lowton subject...

If he keeps playing (which he should) he should be 83/84 by the end of the season, Chris Herd got an 82 and (I think?) he only started playing half way through the season so Matt should just get above him IMO.

For us he wasn't anywhere near the standard of Naughton and Walker when they left but he unlike those two he has fitted straight into a prem team so short tewrm should rise faster (but I dont think he'll reach the same standard of either...especially not Walker). We all felt he was better suited to RM as he got forward well but his defending could be suspect but it sounds as if this has been reversed at Villa?

As has already been mentioned our academy is like a conveyor belt for producing quality RB's...Naughton, Walker, Lowton...not sure who the next will be though, i think we'll now turn our attention to producing CB's with Harry Maguiore the next to make it into the premiership and Terry kennedy after him...also keep an eye out for Elliot Whitehouse getting added to the db in the next season, he's meant to be quality :)

. We all felt he was better suited to RM as he got forward well but his defending could be suspect but it sounds as if this has been reversed at Villa?

Lowton has impressed alot of Villa fans, and so far I cant knock the kid one bit. Got forward when he can and looks solid at the back. Im not expecting him to play like this all season but he could be a real asset for us in the future, under the guidance of Lambo and regular prem football the feeling round the club is he could be a good right back for us, for a very long time hopefully. B)