Stadium upgrades  

1. 1.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Stadium upgrades Most football games I have played on the internet have these features, even the last couple me and my dad joined did we wasnt members but the members in our league paid membershi

Re: Increase Stadium I,m all for the idea and it should stop people leaving so many lower division teams unmanaged, as they can't possibly afford to pay for a league winning team with a capacity of o

Re: Stadium Upgrade

Livingston Battle Of The Tribes =

Your Chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 1,610 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 11,732.

Linfield In Island Of Ireland League =

Your Chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 1,651 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 20,151.

Alejandro Morera Soto (17,895)

2nd Smallest Stadium In The MLSetup, Won The League But Dident Get An Increase,

Why?

ALSO

If My Club Gets A New Stadium In Real Life Thats Smaller Than My Current Stadium (With Upgrades What Happens)

Example : My Shelbourne Team HAVE 10,000 Stadium, Just Got An Increase To Just Under 12,000..

If Shels Get There New Stadium of 4000,

Will I Have a 4,000 Capacity Stadium/ Will I Have Stadium of 4,000+ Anything The Chairman Has Increased So JUST Under 6,000.

Or Can I Have The Old Stadium Capacity With Just New Name...

Reason & Logic for this is that SM Stadiums are no longer accurate to real life due to chairman exspansion, & Also a case for me keeping the stadium i have + upgrades would be that the chairman/SM have already recognaised that my club needs a bigger stadium, So Would It Be Fair To Give me 4,000 Stadium?

Agree that it is a nice addition if it works, but is this in reality going to be of any help to the smaller teams? I remember that Bobo mentioned this last year, but it is still a problem so thought it worth mentioning again.

My Oldham team has gone from the 4th to 1st division and am now 11 points clear of the drop zone with 9 games to go. So hardly a disastrous 1st season in the top flight, yet can't even sell out my current stadium capacity.

Even against the glamour teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U I never get close to the max capacity. Having beaten both Liverpool and Chelsea away you would think it would be standing room only for the home game. So does this upgrade just mean I will have an extra three thousand empty seats each game? Surely if you can't sell 13.000 tickets in the top division then it seems a little pointless having the stadium upgrade.

Agree that it is a nice addition if it works' date=' but is this in reality going to be of any help to the smaller teams? I remember that Bobo mentioned this last year, but it is still a problem so thought it worth mentioning again.

My Oldham team has gone from the 4th to 1st division and am now 11 points clear of the drop zone with 9 games to go. So hardly a disastrous 1st season in the top flight, yet can't even sell out my current stadium capacity.

Even against the glamour teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U I never get close to the max capacity. Having beaten both Liverpool and Chelsea away you would think it would be standing room only for the home game. So does this upgrade just mean I will have an extra three thousand empty seats each game? Surely if you can't sell 13.000 tickets in the top division then it seems a little pointless having the stadium upgrade.[/quote']

I've been looking at this thread all morning, and you have hit the nail on the head here Darrell. This was the exact point I was going to raise. Although I think the stadium increasing feature as a whole is fantastic, and the idea of the chairman increasing out of his own pocked on his own behalf according the the factors SM have thrown into the equation, I think its absolutely spot on as it prevents cash rich clubs just building astronomical sized stadiums.

But as Darrell has rightly said above, does this mean that we are going to get more people to our games? Probably not, as most people have obviously noted before, wether your club is in the top division or not remains indifferent to your capacities when you were in division 4? There might be the odd thousand difference on a GOOD day, but there should be some advantages to a clubs capacity size when teams out of the top 4 come to play at your ground and I don't believe this is a factor at the moment, so please correct me if I am wrong on this matter - I don't make the code.

Some feedback on this would be good from one of the dev's.

I think its a fantastic implementation, but there are things that need clearing up (ie darrells point).

I've been looking at this thread all morning' date=' and you have hit the nail on the head here Darrell. This was the exact point I was going to raise. Although I think the stadium increasing feature as a whole is fantastic, and the idea of the chairman increasing out of his own pocked on his own behalf according the the factors SM have thrown into the equation, I think its absolutely spot on as it prevents cash rich clubs just building astronomical sized stadiums.

But as Darrell has rightly said above, does this mean that we are going to get more people to our games? Probably not, as most people have obviously noted before, wether your club is in the top division or not remains indifferent to your capacities when you were in division 4? There might be the odd thousand difference on a GOOD day, but there should be some advantages to a clubs capacity size when teams out of the top 4 come to play at your ground and I don't believe this is a factor at the moment, so please correct me if I am wrong on this matter - I don't make the code.

Some feedback on this would be good from one of the dev's.

I think its a fantastic implementation, but there are things that need clearing up (ie darrells point).[/quote']

Some great points here,nice to see everyone has the thinking caps on:).

To be fair to SM i dont think they have finished with the stadium issues and crowd attendances yet,i think they mentioned work on Derby games and near rivals etc which would be factored in to the attendances.

Hi' date='

Just to clarify a few points...

Shelbourne, in your scenario, your stadium name would change, but the chairman would see that the bigger capacity is the best option, and your capacity would stay the same (12000).

However, if in real life your stadium went bigger than the SM size, your would get the real life size.

Basically when a real life stadium changes, existing setups would get the biggest option and new setups would start with the real life stadium size at the time.

Small clubs in the top division are soon to have other factors taken into consideration such as opponent, club rivals etc, so this will boost attendances in the 'small club got into top division' scenarios.

This is also a very mild version of stadium building, as will only effect small clubs, with small stadiums that have been very successful. It addresses the extreme cases of 4000 seater club going from Div 4 to Div 1, getting modest increases as they work up the leagues.

Hope that helps![/quote']OK, but if you are inflating stadium sizes for small successful clubs only,and not decreasing anyone elses (clubs who drop from Division 1 to Division 4), and not increasing mid size clubs stadiums, then you are going to end up with most stadiums on the game being medium sized.

Presumably this is the first stage of Stadium Upgrades as you said it was a 'very mild version' of stadium increasing.

I have a WBA with a 20k ish stadium who are normally 1st/2nd in Division One with Chelsea, but as I don't have a 'small' stadium I gather it won't be increasing anytime soon? Mid level clubs also need increasing. As it stands Chelsea keep their big stadium wherever they finish, I keep my average one, and any smaller clubs than me in Div 1 are increased. This hardly seems fair on me with the successful mid-level stadium club.

If I had a large stadium (40K or so) I also don't really see why this should not increase if you are beating the best week in week out. Obviously the increase would need to be over more time and a smaller percentage the bigger the stadium.

I also think the likes of Barca/Man Utd need to suffer stadium decreases if they are performing consistently worse than less fashionable clubs, otherwise everyone will end up big.

We also would really like some info on how these upgrades are calculated, as has been mentioned it is out the chairman's hands so we can't abuse it by knowing. Is it the club being successful, or the manager being successful that matters, for instance? People's stadiums are being upgaded on Day One of the launch; what is this based on? More info.. please...?

Stadiums will gradually get decreased back down to their original size over time if these small clubs that got promoted later start getting relegated. Basically the chairman will remove seats or even close the new stands when back in the lower leagues to save on ground maintenance costs.

We will start off by having the chairman review his stadium between seasons, adding/removing somewhere between 1000 to 2000'ish as he see's fit.

A working example, a 16,000 seater club moves into the top flight, the chairman adds 2000 new seats as he feels an increase is needed. The next season the club manages to stay up, and the chairman decides to build another 2500, bringing the total to 20,500. The next 3 seasons the chairman keeps the stadium size the same.

A 6000 seater club moves up into the second division, the chairman adds 1500 seats with a view of adding similar amounts over the next 2 seasons should the club stay up. Unfortunately the club gets relegated back to the third division after only 1 season, and the chairman removes 1000 to try and keep maintenance costs down.

As I said, to start off, its intentionally very mild and will only effect the very smallest clubs that are been successful on the pitch, and only effect them in small ways over time.

We will need to monitor it and then review it over time, but at the moment its just addressing the extreme cases of the smaller clubs being in top divisions.

Just a small bug regarding this. After my Champions Cup game tonight, i went to overview page and got this messgae:

Your Chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 500,000 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 0.

But when clicked on View messages, it displayed correctly

The SMFA have awarded Barcelona £500,000 for winning in the SMFA Champions Cup.

So for some reason the latter message was replaced on the overview page by the comic stadium one!

Shame, having a 598,934 stadium with Barca would've been cool, ;)

Stadiums will gradually get decreased back down to their original size over time if these small clubs that got promoted later start getting relegated.
Isn't this rather bizarre though?

I don't really think it is right to increase successful small clubs but not decrease unsuccessful large clubs. Real life stadium size shouldn't guarantee a certain capacity for life in SM.

In a setup I am in' date=' Barcelona just got relegated. Their stadium should be downsized if they experience sustained under-achievement.

Also (and this links in) can you confirm non 'small' clubs will also be reviewed? Building on my last post; here is the league positions at the end of the season for a setup I am in, with the clubs capacity for each:

[i']

Juventus (69,041)

Internazionale (85,700)

Milan (85,700)

River Plate (54,000)

Valencia (54,000)

Roma (82,922)

Dynamo Kyiv (30,000)

Atlético Madrid (55,000)

Bayern Munchen (69,901)

Real Madrid (80,400)

Arsenal (60,355)

CSKA Moskva (36,880)

Lyon (43,051)

Chelsea (42,449)

Benfica (65,647)

Santos (20,120)

Corinthians (37,500)

---Relegated---

Barcelona (98,934)

Feyenoord (51,177)

Werder Bremen (43,100)

[/i]

Sorry, but is it just me, or am I clearly the odd one out there with Dynamo? Dynamo is not small, but relatively they clearly are here in terms of stadium.

Barca are relegated as mentioned, and I have finished ahead of them 3 seasons running (every season since I was promoted) yet they have a golden ticket in that their stadium can never drop below the absurd figure of 98,934!!! I really think the whole 'decrease back to original size' only is an odd decision and detrimental to an otherwise promising feature.

So to me, all clubs need reviewing. I appreciate you want to monitor things and this is early days, but can someone confirm it will extend to bigger clubs eventually (and where this idea is intended to end up)?

Also, what does the chairman base his review on? You have said a lot about his decisions but not what form them.

I Dont Get This Really

I Am In A Scottish Custom Setup And This Is How The Stadiums And Table Looked Last Season

Celtic (60,832) (51)

Partick Thistle (13,015)(40)

Ross County (8,401) (36)

Rangers (51,082) (35)

Hibernian ME (19,565) (32)

Dundee (13,636) (32)

Falkirk (13,976) (30)

Aberdeen (22,199) (27)

Hearts (19,399) (23)

St Johnstone (12,530) (23)

-------------------------------------

Ayr United (14,540) (19)

Inverness Calodonian Thistle (10,328) (11)

Right Why The Massive Difference How Ross County Havent Had There Stadium Increased Yet!

RED - People Whos Stadiums Should Decrease

GREEN - Stadiums Should Increase

In Real Life The Relegated Teams Would Find Major Problems In The Team, Even Though Celtic Have The Biggest Stadium Thats 2 Years On The Run Theyve Won The Title And Also Won The Cup Last Season. Rangers Haven't Won The League Since The Setup Started And Nearly Got Relegated Last Season, Teams Should Decrease Past Original Size If There Under-Acheiving

Has anyone benefited from this feature yet? One of my clubs is Blackburn, who have a notoriously small ground, and I'm looking like I'm gonna be promoted...well, I'm top after 12 games. If I do eventually secure promotion should I expect an increase in capacity?

I Dont Get This Really

I Am In A Scottish Custom Setup And This Is How The Stadiums And Table Looked Last Season

Celtic (60' date='832) (51)[/color']

Partick Thistle (13,015)(40)

Ross County (8,401) (36)

Rangers (51,082) (35)

Hibernian ME (19,565) (32)

Dundee (13,636) (32)

Falkirk (13,976) (30)

Aberdeen (22,199) (27)

Hearts (19,399) (23)

St Johnstone (12,530) (23)

-------------------------------------

Ayr United (14,540) (19)

Inverness Calodonian Thistle (10,328) (11)

Right Why The Massive Difference How Ross County Havent Had There Stadium Increased Yet!

RED - People Whos Stadiums Should Decrease

GREEN - Stadiums Should Increase

In Real Life The Relegated Teams Would Find Major Problems In The Team, Even Though Celtic Have The Biggest Stadium Thats 2 Years On The Run Theyve Won The Title And Also Won The Cup Last Season. Rangers Haven't Won The League Since The Setup Started And Nearly Got Relegated Last Season, Teams Should Decrease Past Original Size If There Under-Acheiving

if i have read this wrong then sorry but if you are saying your stadium should get smaller if you are doing bad then you need to think on how stuipid you sound.

Numerous people have benefitted (some have posted on this thread) but at the moment the upgrades only affect small clubs... unfortunately.

With a 30k+ stadium' date=' Blackburn won't fall into that bracket and won't increase until SM expand upon the feature.[/quote']

Cheers for that mate.

if i have read this wrong then sorry but if you are saying your stadium should get smaller if you are doing bad then you need to think on how stuipid you sound.

If teams were to do badly in reality then over time their stadiums would be downsized, so I don't see why its a stupid idea tbh. If teams stadiums can only go up in SM then in a few years there wont be any small stadiums left in the old setups.

In Ec1, Man City flew down to Div 4. They have a 48k stadium which they wouldnt be able to sustain after 8 seasons of being completely dire in reality. In SM they get away with it though and are a sleeping giant.. forever. That, to me, is stupid.

(col is doing a good job of bringing them up now though :D just an example )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

What has happened to this feature?

I've got Bradford City to Division One after 3 successive promotions, and not once have I had an increase in capacity of my stadium.

I've had a year in the top flight, finishing 5th, and what I really need in order to complete with the bigger clubs is more revenue through stadium size. 25,000 is a good Division Two capacity, but a below average size for Division One, so is there any chance of Valley Parade becoming a 35,000-40,000 seater?

What has happened to this feature?

I've got Bradford City to Division One after 3 successive promotions' date=' and not once have I had an increase in capacity of my stadium.

I've had a year in the top flight, finishing 5th, and what I really need in order to complete with the bigger clubs is more revenue through stadium size. 25,000 is a good Division Two capacity, but a below average size for Division One, so is there any chance of Valley Parade becoming a 35,000-40,000 seater?[/quote']

I'm in the same boat (love that Bradford challenge :)). Unfortunately, as the rule stands, no sides with a stadium over 20,000 will get a capacity increase. Sides with smaller stadia may, but even that is not guarenteed. So unfortunately, our Valley Parade stadia will not be in line for an increase no matter how successful we are :(

However, the silver lining to this cloud, is that SM have openly admitted that the clubs with big stadia have too much of a financial advantage through the revenue gained from ticket sales. They are currently looking at restructuring the financial outlays of various clubs to try and reduce the difference in revenue between smaller and bigger clubs, so let's see what comes of this :)