Stadium upgrades

Stadium upgrades  

1. 1.

Re: Stadium upgrades

I am sure you will know this from having read the thread, but I would not want any manager involvement in upgrades, or Chelsea, Barca sides etc will end up with 200k stadiums. Manager don't get involved in real life, neither should they in SM. As for staff thats a whole other can of worms... :)

Bobo,I think someone in your situation has been a long time coming. i agree it has to be looked in. in custom setups especially, i have small teams whose squads have steadily improved, are beating good teams and been promoted, and are playing in sub 10k stadiums... debt for these clubs is going to spiral beyond control.

I feel this should be introduced but with set criteria in place and as Bobo puts it would help smaller sides become more appealing. How the hell can Accrington compete with gates of 4k in Div 3, let alone Div 1.

My suggestion would be to have an stadium increase option at the start of the season only, when you can increase it by 1k to 10k. No team would be allowed to go over a capacity of 100k and there most be no more than a 10k increase over 2 seasons. Thus if you made a 10k increase in your 1st season you can't do it again until season 3, if you made a 5k increase you can only make up to 5k increase in season 2. This is merely only a suggestion but I don't think it should be too overly available as clubs debt will increase and you'd get people putting in request left right and centre.

At least this would hopeful benefit successful smaller sides. We need to keep a degree of realism but it is only fantasy and smaller teams if they reach Div 1 need to be given that chance so than can compete. I don't think it should be handed on a plate but this is only way for them to bring in extra revenue although also I do agree that it could have a negative effect.

Offcourse it should be possible for the stadium to be upgraded. Maybe limit the maximum amount of places (like 120000-such), and make it costly, like in real life. To expand with 2000 seas, you could perhaps charge 5-10 million?

You could also use sokker's (www.sokker.org) system :

Different types of seating, namely

Standing places (grass)

benches

seating

VIP seating

You could add undersoil heating, cover up the roof,... the posibilities are immense, however it depends on what it takes to code, offcourse. However, with hattrick, sokker and football manager LIVE coming out, soccermanager has some hefty competition...

ps please remove the ads :confused:

They should put it like....in division 1 you can go up to that much in divison2 you can increase to a resnable amount....have it organized you know....but i don't think the teams will go in debt....because if they put the cost of a stadium high then if you can pay like 70 M to upgrade THEN how you going too lose ....understand....

Anyone who gets the newsletter will have seen that stadium upgrades are going to be available as a Custom Setup feature as part of an improvement to the Gold Membership package. A good step.

BUT

Most of my favourite teams are not in Custom Setups. I can understand making it a GM only feature, to attract people to go Gold, but why only for Custom when most of the teams on my gold account are standard setups? Surely the Gold Championships at least should have upgrades in place.

I don't see who would choose to have stadium upgrades 'off' if it is an option feature as the newsletter suggests, so why not just put it 'on' in all setups... please SM????

• 1 month later...

Re: Increase Stadium

I think that it should get increased take a team lik bristol rovers for example they are only a small club with a stadium about 10000 in the playoffs they took 40000 fans whereas they only get 9000 each week. Surly as they get promoted more of those park timers would take it on full time which then results in a bigger capacity

I have given this whole area a lot more thought and i think there's only 2 ways to make things more competitive for the small teams.

1. Minimum Capacity - Each division (depending on the type of setup) has a minimum capacity. Lets say an English championship, Div 3 and 4 are 10k, Div 2 is 20k, Div 1 is 30-35k. Also, custom setups can set their minimum capacity which could be fun, the creator can set smaller capacities to make it harder or huge ones to make it like football is actually going (super-rich)!

2. Capacity Compensation - Similar parameters to above but instead of increasing the capacity you get a lump sum or weekly payment of the difference to what you would have gotten, had you got that minimum capacity. Lets say you have 10k seats and your division min is 20k, you get twice what you normally would for ticket sales.

It's definitely an important area to look at. Right now with my Crewe team i got promoted to Div 2 and am now in a good position for consecutive promotion to the top flight but I wont have a hope of competing up there with £200k per HOME game in attendance money. (thats if i'm doing well which i wont so i can expect 100-150k)

I hate when people talk about keeping it realistic... I mean, whats so realistic about the best 80 teams in the world in one league together, playing twice a week... or ronaldinho, messi and kaka playing for newcastle? Its impossible to keep a fantasy football management game realistic but if its not made more viable for small teams to be able to compete you'll have 30 people playing in each setup, if even because the other teams arent worth managing.

To be honest it needs addessing very soon.

Also it needs to be looked at differently in the two standard setups ec and wc.

Because in wc division 1 , average stadium must be around 40,000 at LEAST !

where as in EC division one is probably around 20,000.

do you see where im coming from, any feature brought in would have to take this into consideration

Because in wc52 with bolton iv took them from div 3 to div 1. and finished 4th in my first season. i have a stadium capacity around 27,000. and for me to ever compete with other big boys of 100,000 ill need an increase to a higher capacity than lets say Bobo' bristol who will only play against 5 teams with more than 40,000 attendance ? do you understand what im saying ?

I have given this whole area a lot more thought and i think there's only 2 ways to make things more competitive for the small teams.

1. Minimum Capacity - Each division (depending on the type of setup) has a minimum capacity. Lets say an English championship' date=' Div 3 and 4 are 10k, Div 2 is 20k, Div 1 is 30-35k. Also, custom setups can set their minimum capacity which could be fun, the creator can set smaller capacities to make it harder or huge ones to make it like football is actually going (super-rich)!

2. Capacity Compensation - Similar parameters to above but instead of increasing the capacity you get a lump sum or weekly payment of the difference to what you would have gotten, had you got that minimum capacity. Lets say you have 10k seats and your division min is 20k, you get twice what you normally would for ticket sales.

It's definitely an important area to look at. Right now with my Crewe team i got promoted to Div 2 and am now in a good position for consecutive promotion to the top flight but I wont have a hope of competing up there with £200k per HOME game in attendance money. (thats if i'm doing well which i wont so i can expect 100-150k)

I hate when people talk about keeping it realistic... I mean, whats so realistic about the best 80 teams in the world in one league together, playing twice a week... or ronaldinho, messi and kaka playing for newcastle? Its impossible to keep a fantasy football management game realistic but if its not made more viable for small teams to be able to compete you'll have 30 people playing in each setup, if even because the other teams arent worth managing.[/quote']I like this post, a lot of sense in it, and I see where you are coming from about the realism but I am not sure if SM will do anything that seems to them a backwards step in turns of realism. :)

In respect of your first idea, the only problem I can see is that it means clubs won't necessarily have true to life stadiums from day one, which is a selling point. It also means that clubs will be 'equalised' which will be off-putting to many people, such as myself, who wants a tough financial challenge. I don't want the playing field levelled, I just want to be able to go up a level if I deserve it and to have my stadium follow me in proportion.

Second idea, I like more in principle. Someone has mentioned in the past a very good and similar idea, which was just to significantly increase ticket prices for small stadium teams the higher they go rather than changing the stadium size itself. This would mean you would have a comparable income to large clubs if doing well. Again though, this is pretty unrealistic, and also given the choice I would rather see my Cork City filling a 30k stadium after dozens of seasons of hard work, then see them charging the punters £200 a ticket for their current 2k (I am estimating size, can't remember off hand) stadium in the top flight.

I still think the best solution is just to change the stadium based on a 2/3 season review. Each year, based on league data, SM already calculate prize money etc. Why not just group this data together for X amount of seasons, say 3, and use it to effectively provide a score (not just prize money) for your achievements over the past 3 seasons. Based on this score, be it positive or negative, your stadium is then increased/reduced by a certain percentage. This keeps the decision out the managers hands, keeps it based on real life stadiums, just changed by a percentage if performance warrants it, and also provides a good indicator of the managers long term success/failure, which would be nice. It avoids the challenge of small clubs ever going away, but just offers a realistic chance for consistent success to be rewarded.

To stop anyone just increasing and increasing the stadium size to stupid levels (say a Chelsea team who won every season) SM could set a background, hidden, SM 'world population' which would determine the most amount of seats that would ever be filled in total in the SM world. This is basically a case of adding together the capacity of each stadium, in any given setup. Then (in combination with the earlier idea about stadiums increasing/decreasing based on the Prize Money calculator) every time someone did well and benefited from an increase, somebody would of course do less well and thus suffer a decrease in stadium size (so if Chelsea gain 5k capacity, other club/s will see 5k reduction).

I am going to run the risk of major critism here, but why don't we keep it simple...your team does well and you get promoted, the 'chairman' tells you he is going to expand the stadium by XX amount, the manager has no say in it. The reverse if you do badly and get relegated. I know it flies in the face of realism but where do realism and gameplay cross? Also what about fixed gate prices for different leagues so if you play a big club away you get a share of their gate receipts at 'their' prices. Just an idea son't be too harsh on me ;)

Yeah' date=' the away 'cut' of gate receipts is another great idea that has been bandied around for a while.

Apart from that, I think what you suggest is the same as what I just did, except I went into what determines how much the chairman decides, etc.[/quote']

Sorry Teb, then i agree with you 100%. I just think people are looking for the perfect solution when sometimes the easiest one will work the best. Would it be a good idea to allow gold members to be able to turn on/off a 'stadium upgrade chairman' and get feedback before introducing it to the World Champs/Gold Champs etc setups?

Sorry Teb' date=' then i agree with you 100%. I just think people are looking for the perfect solution when sometimes the easiest one will work the best. Would it be a good idea to allow gold members to be able to turn on/off a 'stadium upgrade chairman' and get feedback before introducing it to the World Champs/Gold Champs etc setups?[/quote']No need to apologise mate! (2nd time today I have said that, typing in a rush must make me sound aggressive or something! :) ) Yeah I think trialling it in custom setups as a optional feature should have been done months back. I think it must be done in all setups though to be honest, sooner rather than later.

I am going to run the risk of major critism here' date=' but why don't we keep it simple...your team does well and you get promoted, the 'chairman' tells you he is going to expand the stadium by XX amount, the manager has no say in it. The reverse if you do badly and get relegated. I know it flies in the face of realism but where do realism and gameplay cross? Also what about fixed gate prices for different leagues so if you play a big club away you get a share of their gate receipts at 'their' prices. Just an idea son't be too harsh on me ;)[/quote']

No need for critism mate ,whatever gets introduced needs to be easier like the above mentioned than something complex.

Will soon get corrected if i am wrong but dosnt each division at the end of every season have the average ammount of all gates for that season,

if so surely something could be based on this so as small teams move up you get the average of that division as in real life,and if you go down it drops to that divisions average.

At least you keep your excact stadiums name and your gates are still based on reality.:)

Something needs to be done on this front because it's pretty much impossible to maintain your position in the Div 1 if you've done well with a small team.

I'm in Div 1 in English championship 18 with Plymouth Argyle having started in division 3. The stadium's capacity is 19,630 which basically means that every single game my transfer funds are eaten away at until by half way through every season I'm in debt while the bigger clubs can match their outgoings with their gate receipts.

The main factor for me is that it severely reduces my enjoyment of the game for half of every season because all I can do is play with the team I have and I think doing transfers is the most enjoyable aspect of the game!

A 20k stadium should be able to support itself OK to be honest... I agree with the principle though, which is that there is going to be a point at which a club's stadium simply cannot support the talent of a team once that team gets to a certain rating. Needs fixing SM... how about do this rather than do the SM Wiki...?

I have a good suggestion for stadium increases. On my cm2006 for psp, I have a season with my Peterborough United team, who I have taken to the Premiership in 6 seasons. My capacity started out as 16,000, in League Two, I am now in the UEFA Cup, and Prem, and my stadium capacity has increased to 31,000. Also, my Juve season which I started yesterday, I have finished one season, I won the Serie A, won the Coppa Italia and come runners-up in the Champions League. At the end of the season, on the last day, it told me that my stadium capacity will go dwon to 50,000 for 4 months as they are doing building work to increase the stadium from 72,000 to 79,000 capacity.

What I am trying to say is, depending on your results the previous season, and where you finish in the table, is how much your stadium capacity increases by. The stadium could automatically increase for the next season. E.g, if I take a team, say Peterborough United in an English Championship, to Division 1 from Division 4, then my stadium capacity could automatically increase each season a little bit. E.g, if I win Division 4, my capacity increases by 4,000. I win Division 3, it increases by 5,000, I win Division 2, it increases by 8,000, and maybe a thousand less for second place, and 500 less for third place. So if I do take Peterborough United to Division 1, my capacity would be:

15,314 + 4,000 = 19,314 (in Division 3)

19,314 + 5,000 = 24,314 (in Division 2)

24,314 + 8,000 = 32,314 (in Division 1)

If you understand my idea, thoughts would be nice.

I have a good suggestion for stadium increases. On my cm2006 for psp' date=' I have a season with my Peterborough United team, who I have taken to the Premiership in 6 seasons. My capacity started out as 16,000, in League Two, I am now in the UEFA Cup, and Prem, and my stadium capacity has increased to 31,000. Also, my Juve season which I started yesterday, I have finished one season, I won the Serie A, won the Coppa Italia and come runners-up in the Champions League. At the end of the season, on the last day, it told me that my stadium capacity will go dwon to 50,000 for 4 months as they are doing building work to increase the stadium from 72,000 to 79,000 capacity.

What I am trying to say is, depending on your results the previous season, and where you finish in the table, is how much your stadium capacity increases by. The stadium could automatically increase for the next season. E.g, if I take a team, say Peterborough United in an English Championship, to Division 1 from Division 4, then my stadium capacity could automatically increase each season a little bit. E.g, if I win Division 4, my capacity increases by 4,000. I win Division 3, it increases by 5,000, I win Division 2, it increases by 8,000, and maybe a thousand less for second place, and 500 less for third place. So if I do take Peterborough United to Division 1, my capacity would be:

If you understand my idea, thoughts would be nice.[/quote']

understand & agree:D

I have a good suggestion for stadium increases. On my cm2006 for psp' date=' I have a season with my Peterborough United team, who I have taken to the Premiership in 6 seasons. My capacity started out as 16,000, in League Two, I am now in the UEFA Cup, and Prem, and my stadium capacity has increased to 31,000. Also, my Juve season which I started yesterday, I have finished one season, I won the Serie A, won the Coppa Italia and come runners-up in the Champions League. At the end of the season, on the last day, it told me that my stadium capacity will go dwon to 50,000 for 4 months as they are doing building work to increase the stadium from 72,000 to 79,000 capacity.

Yai have to agree with this iswell its relaistic & seems to be the best idea put forward so far.

totally agreed as this will be another source of income.:)