The Basement

Matt72

thebasement.png

Welcome people to THE BASEMENT. I am hoping my idea is somewhat different to anything that has been done in the past.

The concept is this:

1. THREE LEAGUES: With relegation and promotion, the quantity of teams is dependent on the interest.

2. TEAM SELECTION: Each team's highest rated player will be in accordance to there respective league. For example:

Division 1: Squads with average rating no higher than 85.

Division 2: Squads with average rating no higher than 84.

Division 3: Squads with average rating no higher than 83.

Teams will be worldwide, I will be doing a live draw for the teams as I think it is the fairest way. Also the concept has slightly changed now, information is based on the average rating which is shown in the league overview within the Soccer Manager game engine, and this average rating is based on the best 16 (or 18) players, so some players ratings will be as high as 89 yet be weaker obviously in other areas. It makes life easier for team selection.

3.SMFA TRANSFER MONITORING: Off

4. PLAYER CONCERNS: On

5. PART/EX DEALS: Off from season 2

6.MANAGERS MUST LOGIN: Every 14 days

7. ECONOMY LEVEL: Normal and ALL teams starting with 20 Million. This should enable teams to comfortably afford there initial three signings in the first season, bearing in mind P/E will also be applicable for any transfers, allowing you to get rid of the 'dead wood' within your squad.

8. TRANSFER RULES: Three transfers allowed in first season, however it has to be players aged 30+ and rated upto 89, you can only bid on three players at any one time. My thinking behind this is managers purely use there managerial ability with the team they inherit, whilst limiting transfer activity in the first season. From season two onwards there will be two transfer windows. The first one will be from weeks 1-4. The second transfer window will be from weeks 11-14. Part/ex deals will be turned off from season 2 onwards. Transfer bids MUST be made within the transfer period NOT before or after.

9. SEASON ONE: All teams allowed three transfers, buying players externally, however they must be aged 30+ and rated no highe

r than 89.

10. SEASON TWO: All teams allowed five transfers only in the first transfer window and can only buy players rated 86 or below, plus three transfers in the second transfer window.

11. SEASON THREE: All teams allowed five transfers only in the first transfer window and can only buy players rated 87 or below, plus three transfers in the second transfer window.

11. SEASON FOUR: All teams allowed five transfers only in the first transfer window and can only buy players rated 88 or below, plus three transfers in the second transfer window.

12. SEASON FIVE: All teams allowed five transfers only in the first transfer window and can only buy players rated 89 or below, plus three transfers in the second transfer window

13. SEASON SIX-TEN: it will be the same as above but signing players rated 90, 91, 92, 93 ,94, in the first transfer window plus three transfers in the second transfer window.

14. SEASON ELEVEN ONWARDS: All teams allowed five transfers only and can buy players of any rating, plus three transfers in the second transfer window.

15. PLEASE NOTE:

The five deals you can buy a maximum of one goalkeeper and four outfield players of any position, or five outfield players of any position. Also you can only have five bids on external players at any one time from season two onwards, this is to try to help avoid rule breaks and trying to monopolise players.

You can only have five bids in for players at anyone time. this will be reduced as you buy players, for example if you have five bids in place and only win two of them this will leave you with three players left to buy and subsequently you can only have three bids in place. These rules also apply to mid-season transfers. Bidding can only start on Turn 1 off the first transfer window and Turn 11 of the second transfer window. NO bidding between these windows.

The reasoning behind this, again is to try to keep the game interesting, not allowing people to snap up all the top players straight away and then not really having anywhere to go with the set-up after that, whilst keeping the manager to manager internal transfer activity/interaction as this is an integral part of all game worlds. This game world would really be appealing to people who really prefer a challenge, something different.

I may well have some more innovative ideas to add to the thread, as and when I have any moments of inspiration (which is not very often). anyone like the concept or have any suggestions, ideas, initiatives, and criticisms to add to this feel free to comment.

Managers and there respective teams are as follows:

1. Jkerrs - Corinthians

2. - Kuban

3. - Bolton Wanderers

4. - Vitesse

5. Gozzy - Velez Sarsfield

6. - Gremio

7. - 1860 Munich

8. Rawket - Rosenborg BK

9. - Leicester City

10. - FC Groningen

11. Dreamers - Atlas

12. - San Lorenzo

13. - Monterrey

14. - PAOK

15. Dracolis - Estudiantes

16. Gorilla - Hercules

17. Hdixit - St. Pauli

18. Cainhoy - Sport Recife

19. - Leeds United

20. - Panathinaikos

21. - Birmingham City

22. Preppens - Independiente

23. - Palmeiras

24. Sunny Delight - Real Sporting

25. Barakus - Hull City

26. Ryangal1982 - Augsburg

27. Smut - Reading

28. Hog0101 - Nottingham Forest

29. TonyA - Club Brugge

30. Gusma - Standard Liege

31. Closer - SC Heerenveen

32. - Brighton

33. - FC Utrecht

34. KeyserSoze - Tigres

35. Affan150 - Cardiff City

36. - Freiburg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The basement [New Game World]

sounds good to me' date=' i'm interested (but only if Elohim gets Leyton Orient though..)[/quote']

Dai !!! Maybe this time I'll actually get the team I'm asking for ! Instead. Of thé setup owner havin a few pints too much and screws up haha !

This sounds a great way to avoid manager who go between clubs regularly! Definitely interested mate!!

I will add you to the list.

picture.php?albumid=380&pictureid=2977

Cheers Danc, nice to have you on board mate.

Any ideas improvements criticisms etc are more than welcome, as well as any idea on what teams would be best to use, I am not looking to use just british or European sides they can be worldwide.

I will add you to the list.

Cheers Danc' date=' nice to have you on board mate.

Any ideas improvements criticisms etc are more than welcome, as well as any idea on what teams would be best to use, I am not looking to use just british or European sides they can be worldwide.[/quote']

'tis a pleasure to jump on board. I'll have to come back to you with suggestions/feedback at a later date as I need to be up early for a family funeral, but on the face of it...it looks like a very good idea for a set-up.

'tis a pleasure to jump on board. I'll have to come back to you with suggestions/feedback at a later date as I need to be up early for a family funeral' date=' but on the face of it...it looks like a very good idea for a set-up.[/quote']

That is fine mate, I am sorry for your loss, obviously that is of paramount importance.

yeah to be honest most area's look covered although if you are going to go with more of a "worldly theme" i think the ratings of said groups should be along this wavelength

div3 85avg

div2 86avg

div1 87avg

just so there's more teams available to fill the quota as well as not having a massive gap between 3rd and first but still leaving a slight one to add the extra challenge that you'd get from any gameworld if you started lower down and got promoted, so you have to be doing something right special to get success promotions,

but apart from that i can't really see much else that might need tweaking

becasue with the gradual increase on availability with the added bonus draw of 91ov's

i think its got more than enough legs to keep the gameworld fresh for a long time if i'm honest.

Archived