Re: The Basement

That was a schoolboy error. Missing the ' was just laziness on my part.

You can't be grammatically correct (as you are aware) all the time when trying to post in over 20 Game Worlds whilst checking results' date=' organising tactics for the following game.

I welcome correction just like you do when missing full stops at the end of your sentences. ;)[/color']

Oh quiet will ya and lose to Augsburg :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Basement Hello all managers in the Basement gameworld, I am here to apologize for me breaking the rules of the gameworld, unintentionally. I believe it was Saturday night, when I was appoin

Re: The Basement . ..... ............ ........................ ACHIEVE PROMOTION ........................ ............ ..... .

Re: The basement [New Game World] Banter is always based on who is going to win the league , who is a better manager than who and who is going to win the next game. But I think you have you finally

Sorry i havent been posting much lately, havent had net for a while, but tis all fixed now.

REAL SPORTING 3 - 5 ATLAS

Ó.TREJO 24

T.STEPANENKO 11

H.MANCILLA 14, 73

A.LORA 48

C.BENTEKE 50, 69

O.PEDRO 71

Good too see Benteke the beast continue his great season, 18 goals and 10 assists in 20 appearances in the league and equal top of the player ratings. yet somehow only 3 MOTM :eek::confused::eek:

Big match against Brugge could see us playing in Europe next season, anything less should see us fall agonisingly close for the 2nd straight season.

GRÊMIO 1 - 2 LEICESTER CITY

The first home defeat for Grêmio comes at the hands of unmanaged Leicester City who are battling against relegation! Having more shots and better match ratings didn't save Grêmio! Winning the league so early proved to be a curse so far!

Leicester City scored early in the game and then added their second with 6 minutes to go. Grêmio's consolation goal came 2 minutes after that with a shot by Man of the Match Hueng-Min SON that was deflected off the GK's leg, assisted by Landon DONOVAN.

In other more important news, Cardiff City secured promotion after beating their direct rivals Nottingham Forest. Cardiff fully deserve their promotion as they kept focus and had a very good league form till the end.

On the other end, Munich need to record a big win with 3 or more goals in their final game to stay in Division 2 and at the same time Leicester City have to lose.

I hope Leicester get relegated :mad:

On the other end' date=' Munich need to record a big win with 3 or more goals in their final game to stay in Division 2 and at the same time Leicester City have to lose.

[i']I hope Leicester get relegated[/i] :mad:

Munich can stay up if they put up a fighting display as Leicester City will lose on Thursday. They are against the all powerful Tigres who have recorded 5 wins in the last 6 games and scored 18 goals. Leicester are going to get a spanking just for having Jagielka and Chivu in their team, they must be punished!

Munich can stay up if they put up a fighting display as Leicester City will lose on Thursday. They are against the all powerful Tigres who have recorded 5 wins in the last 6 games and scored 18 goals. Leicester are going to get a spanking just for having Jagielka and Chivu in their team' date=' they must be punished![/quote']

Thanx for the motivation guys!

:D

Thanx for the motivation guys!

:D

Munich can stay up if they put up a fighting display as Leicester City will lose on Thursday. They are against the all powerful Tigres who have recorded 5 wins in the last 6 games and scored 18 goals. Leicester are going to get a spanking just for having Jagielka and Chivu in their team' date=' they must be punished![/quote']

no venk! join me! :P

I'm happy to end up finishing 5th. It might of been different if i hadn't lost 6 games in a row at the start of the season. But was able to bring in some new faces and slowly building a good team. Fingers crossed in the close season some very good playersmight be coming in and Tigres can make that push to get back into Div 1, as that's where they belong :P

GRÊMIO 4 - 1 LEEDS UNITED

Grêmio end the season with a record win. After losing 2 games in a row, it was nice to end the season at home with a high score win. The only negative highlight was Blumer ELANO being sent off.

Despite having less possession, Grêmio were determined on scoring. Ironically Leeds were the ones who started the scoring as early as the 5th minute. Grêmio's opener was scored just 10 minutes later through ELANO from a direct free kick.

In the 2nd half, ELANO was shown a second yellow and was sent off in the 61st minute. That didn't stop from scoring 3 consecutive goals in just 8 minutes. Defensive midfielder Lucas FERNANDO provided 2 assists to Landon DONOVAN and captain Júnior ZE ROBERTO in the 68th and 74th minutes. Then the scoring duo combined to score the 4th in the 76th minute.

Grêmio end the season in pole position with 49 points (the highest in all 3 divisions of THE BASEMENT), with Cardiff City in 2nd place 7 points away but achieving promotion to Division 1 next season.

Standard Liège

We got our promotion and in my opinion we deserved it. Last 3 games didn't go as planned with 1 defeat and 2 draws, but thanks to our goal difference, we managed to stay 1st, ahead of unmanaged FC Groningen.

And thanks to our good season Standard Liège have been awarded 1,110,435 in prize money.

KxJBjc2.jpg

END OF SEASON

Grêmio started the season with their new manager with the target to get promoted back to Division 1 where they belong. They had a shaky start with just 1 win in the first 3 games, but it was not worrying as they were still adapting with a new manager and with 5 new players. As they got together as a team they had an impressive run of 10 consecutive wins that propelled them to the top of the table 10 points away from their nearest opponent. Eventually they secured promotion with 4 games remaining and were crowned Champions the following game.

Grêmio's Player of the season is no doubt Landon DONOVAN. The american was top scorer with 10 goals in 22 games. He is joint top on the team's assist chart along with Brazilian Blumer ELANO with 5 assists (ELANO playing 19 games only because of suspension). DONOVAN has the highest average rating at Grêmio and also has the most Man of the Match awards in Division 2.

Now that they are back to Division 1, Grêmio are forced to think of long term strategy and at the heart of it their financial situation. With an average attendance of only 22k, they barely covered their wage bill this season. Now their manager is faced with the decision to strengthen the team but at the same time lower the wage bill as possible. Although attendance is expected to rise next season, they are still forced to sell several players to give room for new ones.

The most important player on their transfer list is Moritz LEITNER, the young midfield graduate of the Dortmund academy. Although a promising talent, he only started 8 games last season. With Grêmio's wealth in midfield players, LEITNER find himself on the transfer list. Grêmio are not going to listen to offers less than 10 million for the young star.

Congrats to Birmingham and Hyina on the title win. Beat me by 1 point :(

Congratulations to you too for being a good rival - best of luck next season ;)

---

Another riser today :eek: (makes 21 players squad worth ~110mill with 65mill in bank :eek::P)

LJAJIC' date=' +1 -> 88[/quote']

Right guys, as the new season approaches you will all be aware of the transfer rulings that have been discussed for transfer window two.

Now there have been suggestions by many and I thought posting in thread would be the best way to try and resolve this as the general concensus was split regarding window two being able to make 5 transfers.

Personally other than Hyina I do not see this benefitting anyone as nobody will have the money to buy ten 88 rated players over the two windows, however the following question(s) need to be asked:

1: In transfer window 2 should we be allowed to sign 3 or 5 players?

2: In transfer window 2 should we revert back to the previous method which was internal deals only?

3: Should part/ex be introduced from the upcoming season onwards?

Right guys' date=' as the new season approaches you will all be aware of the transfer rulings that have been discussed for transfer window two.

Now there have been suggestions by many and I thought posting in thread would be the best way to try and resolve this as the general concensus was split regarding window two being able to make 5 transfers.

Personally other than Hyina I do not see this benefitting anyone as nobody will have the money to buy ten 88 rated players over the two windows, however the following question(s) need to be asked:

2: In transfer window 2 should we revert back to the previous method which was internal deals only?

3: Should part/ex be introduced from the upcoming season onwards?[/color']

Here are my opinions:

1: I am not so sure about this one.

2: I do not think that we should have internal deals only, in transfer window 2.

3: If this was meant to be a challenge, then no part/ex. Otherwise, people could do verratti + maher for very strong players, making it much more easier.

3: Should part/ex be introduced from the upcoming season onwards?

1. 5 players :P

2. Should allow externals

3. No PE

Right guys' date=' as the new season approaches you will all be aware of the transfer rulings that have been discussed for transfer window two.

3: Should part/ex be introduced from the upcoming season onwards?[/color']

1. 3

2. No

3. Maybe this could be included for window 2 only.